Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Mechagnome Rehija's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    599
    Maybe because dual wield is better.
    Those 99% didnt either use a swingtimer addon or made a cost / benefit analysis and came to the conclusion that dw was the better overall choice, less dps but also less headache while playing it.

    For example: The strongest Hunter specc during vanilla was a spellpower oriented specc, but like with Ferals, the equip was really hard to get for a Hunter and you also needed to get a debuff slot reserved for you wich was not really good for the raid overall.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Still, you claim it's the "strongest DPS spec in the game", yet barely anyone uses it. 99% of DPS warriors are dual wield. Maybe because dual wield is better.
    Fury is less effort for similar output, that probably has something to do with it too. I have seen 2H furies topping metres though against similar geared DW furies.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    Those 99% didnt either use a swingtimer addon or made a cost / benefit analysis and came to the conclusion that dw was the better overall choice, less dps but also less headache while playing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    Fury is less effort for similar output, that probably has something to do with it too.
    Using a swingtimer is not difficult. Especially in 2018. Literally your entire rotation is just pressing 1 button every 3 seconds. That seems infinitely easier than having to manage 3 abilities + Heroic Strike.

    Again, if 2h really was better, everyone would be using it. But they're not. I've never heard anything about 2h Slam being better, much less about it being "the strongest DPS spec in vanilla".

    Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    I have seen 2H furies topping metres though against similar geared DW furies.
    Let me guess, on 1-minute Molten Core fights where DPS numbers are inflated by crit RNG?
    Last edited by anon5123; 2018-06-16 at 02:47 AM.
    Guide for setting up VuhDo to track shields/absorbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Using a swingtimer is not difficult. Especially in 2018. Literally your entire rotation is just pressing 1 button every 3 seconds. That seems infinitely easier than having to manage 3 abilities + Heroic Strike.

    Again, if 2h really was better, everyone would be using it. But they're not. I've never heard anything about 2h Slam being better, much less about it being "the strongest DPS spec in vanilla".



    Let me guess, on 1-minute Molten Core fights where DPS numbers are inflated by crit RNG?
    How about pulling agro on Patchwerk? Would that be good enough dps for you?

    You dont remember every single decent dps'er in the raid being treatcapped and having to hold back on dps for the vast majority of encounters? I'm starting to think you didnt even play vanilla...

    The main reasons most warriors didnt play 2hand slam was because they didnt know about it, they WANTED to play dual-wield, or they knew they wouldnt play it above 50% efficiency. No, you dont "just press slam every third sec". There's a huge difference in timing it right, if you press Slam after the white hit has landed and shows up on your screen, you've basicly lost out on 20-25% dps.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Let me guess, on 1-minute Molten Core fights where DPS numbers are inflated by crit RNG?
    Yes but also over entire BWL and AQ40 clears

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    How about pulling agro on Patchwerk? Would that be good enough dps for you?

    You dont remember every single decent dps'er in the raid being treatcapped and having to hold back on dps for the vast majority of encounters? I'm starting to think you didnt even play vanilla...
    If DPS were getting threatcapped, your tanks were awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    The main reasons most warriors didnt play 2hand slam was because they didnt know about it, they WANTED to play dual-wield, or they knew they wouldnt play it above 50% efficiency.
    Again, this is 2018. We're not in 2004 where nobody knows shit about the game, there are countless guides and information about every single class. If 2h slam really was "the best", then everyone would be using it.
    Guide for setting up VuhDo to track shields/absorbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    If DPS were getting threatcapped, your tanks were awful.
    pre-1.12 patch, not really.

    Again, this is 2018. We're not in 2004 where nobody knows shit about the game, there are countless guides and information about every single class. If 2h slam really was "the best", then everyone would be using it.
    I'm not sure if you realise this, but vanilla ended like 12 years ago, and yes most people were still clueless at that point. Not even people in top10 guilds were using optimal talents on progress raids. The popularity of a spec does not represent the performance of it, not even close. To rephrase your last sentence: If everyone knew 2hand slam really was the best, then everyone would be using it.

  8. #68
    Stood in the Fire Storfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Nostalrius
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    How about pulling agro on Patchwerk? Would that be good enough dps for you?

    You dont remember every single decent dps'er in the raid being treatcapped and having to hold back on dps for the vast majority of encounters? I'm starting to think you didnt even play vanilla...

    The main reasons most warriors didnt play 2hand slam was because they didnt know about it, they WANTED to play dual-wield, or they knew they wouldnt play it above 50% efficiency. No, you dont "just press slam every third sec". There's a huge difference in timing it right, if you press Slam after the white hit has landed and shows up on your screen, you've basicly lost out on 20-25% dps.
    You have to take into account alliance vs horde aswell. Alliance was definitely not threatcapped, (maybe) a fire mage rolling ignites in complete Naxx-bis gear and Atiesh (assuming the tank was equally geared with Thunderfury and/or The Hungering Cold).

    Horde-DPS:ers on the other hand will have threat troubles in (some) fights across all content and gearing in vanilla.

    EDIT: For reference. I played an orc fury warrior in vanilla and I'm currently playing an orc fury warrior on a private 1.12.1 server with mostly naxx-bis gear+Thunderfury and I'm having threat issues on several fights such as Maexxna, Patchwerk, Gluth, Thaddius, Heigan, and some of the bosses in MC/BWL and AQ40 aswell although some bosses in those raids are tauntable unlike Naxx bosses.
    Last edited by Storfan; 2018-06-19 at 06:50 AM.
    “If quantum mechanics hasn’t profoundly shocked you, you haven’t understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.” – Niels Bohr

    #FreeSilithusMiners

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    pre-1.12 patch, not really.

    but vanilla ended like 12 years ago
    I'm not talking about 12 years ago, I'm talking about now. Stop moving the goalposts.
    Guide for setting up VuhDo to track shields/absorbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •