344 26.10%
  • Warlords of Draenor (WoD)

22 1.67%
  • Legion

248 18.82%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    MoP was easily my favorite.I liked the lore more in wotlk but MoP had other better aspects.

WoTLK : Best ever for story as well as things to do. My personal favorite.
    MoP : The best class mechanics have ever been. Highly underrated expansion.
    Legion : Epic story and endless things to do. Mythic+ dungeons was a really cool concept.
    TBC : Really fun raids and nostalgia.

For me it was Wrath, but with some personal bias. Best guild (both progression wise and personality of the group) I've been in was during Wrath, sadly disbanded early Cata. It was also the last expansion where I could raid progression on a schedule.

But Wrath also had plenty of content I enjoyed and very little that I didn't.

If they ever release Classic realms beyond Vanilla. I will most likely play on the TBC, WoTLK and MoP realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    The truth is to be found in my signature..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Why even have this poll?

We all know it's either gonna end up in MoP or Wotlk.
    Any other answer is desilusional or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    The people voting for MoP and Legion make me sick.
    Yeah, right? Fucking people like good expansions.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    TBC for me.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    -snip-
    Well considering that poster went "REEEEEEEE stop bashing muh game" in the Pantheon MMO thread. Yeah I'd say they have trouble accepting differing opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell voted for wotlk? Are you insane?!

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Who the hell voted for wotlk? Are you insane?!
    Uhm people who liked it? And possibly Basic Campfire voted for it.

Wotlk was my fav like most peoples. Mostly because of Arthas, who was one of the most iconic villains in the gaming industry. He was to WoW what Darth Vader was to Star Wars. Plus the whole Northrend storyline was do dark and menacing, it had that foreboding feel to it that other expansions haven't been able to replicate. Like when you played Diablo for the first time way back when.

Also there was a lot of new players, so the cynicism wasn't as prevalent as it is now.

Interesting you say that. What other options there are?

TBC - everything was blocked behind attunements and older content progression. I suppose someone who had established guild doing the current content liked TBC, but for other people it was a massive cockblock. Also flying had split options - many people liked it, many people hated it (death of wPvP).

Wotlk - yes, W3TFT-tainted nostalgia surely has a big infuence, but let's maybe look over it. Ulduar and ICC were greatly received, but Naxx was hated for it being ezpz and rehash, and ToC for many other reasons. Actually laughable that people say there was so much to do - Wotlk was the only expansion in which I basically felt no need to log into except for raid, granted I had money for consumables. The only content I recall having any longevity were dailies at Argent Tournament. The rest was useless dailies. Also Wotlk is THE expansion that started "free epics" (have we already forgotten endless complain threads about it during wotlk?) and automatic queues for dungeons were heralded as death of game. (dont get me wrong, I still consider Wotlk great, if not the greatest expansion, I just want to put it in a realistic perspective)

Cata - strong start, but after what a faceroll Wotlk was people werent used to hard content, so Blizz nerfed it. New zones placed all over the world, making it not connect that much, people's bad opinion on Vash'jr. Blizz decision to put Troll dungeons into separate queue, and removal of the raids. Again, besides dungeons and raids not that much to do until 4.2 which was one of the better patches in WoW. But then 4.3 came, and people were screaming that DS is full rehash and the fights with Deathwing didnt feel epic at all. Also Cata was a birth of Green Jesus.

WoD - guess there's no point in explaining. The wounds are still fresh even at the end of Legion.

So, realisticaly, tell me why voting for MoP or Legion makes you sick? What makes them so much worse than the above? But please, a realistic opinion, not overreaction or "lolpandas".

God forbade people have opinions!

JFYI, I've been playing for almost 12 years (since Vanilla) and have played through each and every expansion and MoP was my personal favourite due to the theme. Legion is a close second because of how well done it was executed. Third would be WotLK because of how good it was for its time and nostalgia I guess.

Deleted
    Legion > MoP > WotLK

Those three are my top no doubt and Legion just takes it by far.

After that they usually go WoD > TBC > Cata > Classic. But those vary from time to time (I sometimes get these strong good feelings I had during early Cata, too bad DS ruined it, it had so much potential and they made it insanely bad).
    Last edited by mmoc56c829a066; 2018-05-05 at 08:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It baffles me even more, people vote for WotLK. It was a horrible expansion, which EVERY ONE at the time agreed on.. The WotLK didn't start until late Cataclysm..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    For me, it's Warlords of Draenor
    You go and sit in that corner, and think very hard about what you did wrong. :P
    Last edited by Astalnar; 2018-05-05 at 08:23 AM.

I remember how well the game was set up during Burning Crusade. the system was easy to learn. complicated to figure out. now the games systems have improved much since then. though BC was before all the crazy things added later on other expansions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Think wrath and MoP are about equal but I started in wrath so I have to give it to that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Also flying had split options - many people liked it, many people hated it (death of wPvP).
    I really wish I had been around in Vanilla just to have experienced the open world PvP. In TBC, while a relative newbie, I enjoyed the hell out of Halaa, capturing towers in Hellfire Peninsula, and the capture points in Terokkar Forest. I spent.. I don't know, well into hundreds of hours defending or retaking Halaa: gdi I loved that particular open world PvP area. I can only imagine how much fun the vanilla wPvP was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    For me, it's Warlords of Draenor
    I'm far from a fan of WoD, but, one thing I will give it credit for: I did enjoy the raids.