344 26.10%
  • Warlords of Draenor (WoD)

22 1.67%
  • Legion

248 18.82%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Legion isn't the worst expansion ever, least to people on this forum.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    BC was great, lots of important new features and huge class updates, a few are still my favorite designs. Arena was best here in its simplicity, although it was horridly balanced.

Wrath had too much down time and Trial really sucked IMO. Also DKs were overtuned to fuck and back, which really screwed with some content. Overrated, but not bad.

Cata was pure trash, way worse than any other. Azeroth revamp sucked, new zones had no cohesion, raids all sucked, PvP sucked, no new features outside of transmog which didnt come until the very end.

MoP was great. Pandaria was great, class designs were great, cool overhauls and great side content. I dont have a lot to say because MoP was straight up how a good expansion should be. Only problem MoP had was the fucking edgelords whining about Pandaren

WoD was good, had issues but gets too much flack. Leveling was good, raids were all very good. Class design was fine, but not as good as MoP WoD's main problem is that there wasn't enough of it.

Legion was great. Tons of content, good leveling and story, lots of new functions and features, PvP was a bit dopey but it's been worse, raids were not as good as WoD, IMO though. Class designs were good once the artifacts filled in. Few specs are shit, but a few specs are always shit.

I'd say BfA looks like it could be the best but the class design shit has me put off, you don't take away power in an RPG. Pruning and redesigning is up to taste but keeping the same design and making us all weaker isn't; its shit and Azerite traits are super boring compared to artifacts so far.
    Last edited by BlueRemedy; 2018-05-20 at 12:56 AM.

MoP seems to have more people with rose tinted glasses than any other expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    MoP seems to have more people with rose tinted glasses than any other expansion.
    Tell me, what was so bad about MoP in your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by lolgubstep View Post
    Surprised to see Mists up there... I quit that entire expansion, hated everything about it.
    If you didn't play it then how can you judge it? It was before the mass pruning, so all classes had a lot of flavorful abilities. PvP got really fun in the second half. Patches 5.2 + 5.4 were great patches. The story was solid and our characters were adventurers still, not big ambiguous no name "Champions". There was just so much you could do. There were so many new stories and lore and even a full faction devoted to the lore.
    I started right after the 3.0 patch drop but before Wrath. Played on and off since then.

i dont usually like the snow, but i love looking at it. That's enough to miss wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    I was thinking that too, that expansion was several steps down from Wrath in every sense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    imo.
    Isn't that the thing though? Your opinion. Not everyone is going to agree on the best expansion because it's what they like. Just because some like it and some do not doesn't make their opinion invalid nor do they have "rose tinted glasses". Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    You are going to find that people - nearly unanimously - associate the following dependent on when they started playing;

Started at or before WotLK -- WotLK is their favorite (tBC has since been legacy'd out due to the fact that people have realized how poor it actually was).

Started at Cata or before WoD -- MoP is their favorite. Hands down. Regardless of any improvements that the game may experience, these people came for Pandaria and fell in love with it.

Started at WoD or before BfA -- This group is unique due to the fact that most of them hopped in during the HUGE wait between WoD and Legion. They are apt to say that Legion is the best, but are jaded by the two groups that came before them. I Believe that once BfA is released, we will get some valid data from this group, but until then they are more likely than not to read a post on mmoc and decide THAT is their expansion (tbc/wotlk/mop/etc/etc).

If you check the poll, my analysis backs it up. Ergo, this thread may be closed.

- - - Updated - - -

The excuse of having to train new staff. How dare they.
    more to it than your cute brief comment, that excuse came after previous excuses in MOP prior to the announced last patch dump. excuses thru WOD, covering three years plus. yeah how dare they

they used first excuse for dumping MOP....so we would have a better WOD....we got a severely reneged WOD
    Last edited by pinkz; 2018-06-18 at 12:23 AM.

I've ordered my favorites a few times:

Legion > WoTLK > MoP > BC > Vanilla > Cata > WoD

Hoping BFA is on the front part of my list

10+ Year Old Account
    WoTLK >= MoP > TBC > Vanilla > WoD = Legion > Cata

Gonna wait with BFA till i see some reviews in 2-3 months, otherwise ill probably try out WoW classic and see what its like in 2020+.

Wow. I'm surprised MoP got so many votes. Everyone was trashing that expansion right before WoD came out, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntic View Post
    Wow. I'm surprised MoP got so many votes. Everyone was trashing that expansion right before WoD came out, lol.
    And everyone was trashing WoD right before Legion came out and now everyone is trashing Legion.

It's basically the circle of life but for trashing WoW mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And everyone was trashing WoD right before Legion came out and now everyone is trashing Legion.

It's basically the circle of life but for trashing WoW mate.
    I agree, except WoD stayed trash, lol. I was surprised to see legion getting as many votes as it did.

It was a solid expansion that had a rocky start. And imo it was the last expansion where PvP was in a somewhat decent state.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    It was a solid expansion that had a rocky start. And imo it was the last expansion where PvP was in a somewhat decent state.
    Yeah... Brings me back to the PVP days of MoP. As frustrated as I was with it, it wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been. The only thing MoP screwed up on was druids, but everything else was great.

I agree, except WoD stayed trash, lol. I was surprised to see legion getting as many votes as it did.
    WoD was shit throughout. I mean Blackrock Foundry was an amazing raid and the zones were good but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started in Vanilla. My favorite expansion so far? Legion probably followed closely by MOP and WOTLK. Legion, because they really added more to do. Yes, grinding on alts was a pain but I'm not an altoholic whatsoever. In fact, I only have two other characters at 110. I enjoyed Legion because there was content, and a good steady stream of it and I really enjoyed the raids.

I'm not a hardcore player though and it seems like only hard core players' opinions matter in WoW. Us filthy "casuals" are stupid and ruin the game, or whatever lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..as they did with WotLK and predicted great times for Cata. People also kept hating on Legion and now it pulls past Classic and TBC
    Right? Anyone who played during WotLK would know that almost everyone complained about WotLK over and over and over again. And they claim that Blizzard ruined the community experience of WoW. Psh...I still think it's the players themselves that ruined that community with their incessant whining about everything.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK>Legion>BC>MoP>Cata>WoD. Vanilla wasn't an expansion, if it had been I'd of rated it after BC and above MoP.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    I was thinking that too, that expansion was several steps down from Wrath in every sense imo.
    Could you elaborate on some details as to why that was?

For me, as a raider, most things seemed like a better version of wrath.

MoP and Wrath both had very very good raids. Overall MoP had better raids imo. I put Ulduar and ToT on the same level as the best raids in wow.

The questing areas where great in MoP, not so much in wrath. Lets be honest here. It was decent for its time but MoP's areas are some of the best we have had.