Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I wonder why nobody healed voljin back to full and/or dispelled him.

Bad healers?
    That debuff can't be dispelled.

I remember when Restoration Druids were shiny in PvP during TBC, but nowadays, two or more healers can be a headache. Not impossible to kill though.

This is why classes need to have a PvP mode with abilities and talents specifically tuned for PvP independent from PvE. All PvP specs could have some defensive and/or healing abilities, just not as ridiculous as healers and tanks. This is how BG's could be really fun. As it should have been a long, long time ago. But for some reason blizzard keeps mixing up PvE and PvP too much so it will stay an eternal mess.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    No. 3 charges were meaningless. Especially since they didnt have interupts so you could just sit and fight. It was great that people could use engineering/potions in BGs. Eventhough I was too poor to afford them, I always think that it is great to let the elite players have tons of things in their pocket which makes you feel like you're fighting a dangerous guy.
    Why would the guy bother fighting you? In WSG if the warrior has the flag, he will just Charges you, Hamstring you then Intercept one of your noob teammate who think it's a good idea to stand on their side of the map, then he Intervene one of his teammate near the cave entrance and whoa, he's running up the tunnel to deliver the flag.

In other scenarios where you're forced to stand and fight through, you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Tell me then, have there ever been situations in those games where -- given equal levels & farm -- 3-5 people chased a healer or a tank for 5+ minutes and just could not kill it? I'm not talking about a character with level / skill / item advantage getting a pentakill. I'm talking about 5 people whacking 1, taking no damage, and until they land their stuns doing no damage either.

There's also this strange alien concept called 'mana' in those games -- but let's address one problem at a time.

Would that be a fun experience for you to be a part of? Would that be a fun game to play? Would that be a fun game to watch?

If you answered "yes" -- you are part of the problem, 'tis that simple.
    So the real problem is mechanics and not healers? gotcha at least we have progress on the actual problem.

Gonna make a very polarising opinion and say only DPS specs should be allowed into BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spathi View Post
    Gonna make a very polarising opinion and say only DPS specs should be allowed into BGs.
    Honestly I can't fathom being DPS in a BG. The only aspect I enjoy in the game is healing.

A good solution IMO would be for the matchmaking system to match equal amounts of healers/tanks into both teams. Sure, it would make queue times longer but IDC if it takes x2 or x3 more times to get into a BG, I would rather play a balanced game. Quality > Quantity. Perhaps a system similar to LFG/LFR (i.e. a WSG match will always be 1 tank/2heals/7 DPS)
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2018-05-09 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Honestly I can't fathom being DPS in a BG. The only aspect I enjoy in the game is healing.

A good solution IMO would be for the matchmaking system to match equal amounts of healers/tanks into both teams. Sure, it would make queue times longer but IDC if it takes x2 or x3 more times to get into a BG, I would rather play a balanced game. Quality > Quantity. Perhaps a system similar to LFG/LFR (i.e. a WSG match will always be 1 tank/2heals/7 DPS)
    I definitely can see your point but sometimes i just wish blizz would just make a pure dps BG where its all about killing each other and not allowing specs hiding behind a ton of heals that you simply cant defeat no matter how much dps you pump into someone.

Just gang up on the healers and kill them, it's what my group does when we spot them. If you get stuck in a 1 v 1 and your opponent has a healer, well that just sucks, but doesn't mean the game is broken or unfair. It's just the nature of circumstance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I don't remember this at all. I remember random BG queue being filled with Shadow Priests, Ret Paladins and Enh Shaman. The only healing class you would regularly see was Druid. And that was because they were so OP at WSG.
    Mm.. very different experiences. I very rarely had BGs without a healer in them. Healbotted Warriors in particular were super common.

Healing has been part of PvP since WoW was launched.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Why would the guy bother fighting you? In WSG if the warrior has the flag, he will just Charges you, Hamstring you then Intercept one of your noob teammate who think it's a good idea to stand on their side of the map, then he Intervene one of his teammate near the cave entrance and whoa, he's running up the tunnel to deliver the flag.

In other scenarios where you're forced to stand and fight through, you are correct.
    Gotta disagree. 3 charges is faar from being enough to be able to run a flag in peace.

A lot of complainers in this thread don't realize that healers can, in fact, go OOM.
    However, to achieve this, you need to make them dispel and offensively purge, and not only tunnel damage in their face 1v1.

Roll a rogue. Even if you can't kill the healer you can give them a hell of a hard time so they're so busy healing themselves their party members die.

Healers (and casters in general) always think they're safe waay in the back away from the action but that just makes it easier to stealth around and ambush them 1v1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Holy Paladin here, and I don't feel any shard of God-mode.. Especially not when people pull their heads out of the rear and realize they have CC's and interrupts.
    Oh it's not about power, as you said as long as people use tools that their class has they can bring down healer relatively easy. What I love about playing healer in pvp is that gameplay is never boring. It's very reactive and (at least in random BGs) every fight is different.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Healers aren't the problem, non interrupting dps and enemy players who are smart enough to peel you off their healer if you don't have a viable counter/competent team are the problem. That being said I do think there needs to be a little stricter limit on team matching, I have had numerous games with 3 enemy healers vs 0 on our side. And visa versa when I am on my healer suddenly there are 5 of us on the same team.

I dont agree. Healing is fun as hell.

If there were no healers, damage would need to be reduced at least 3 times for it to be any fun. If I wanted to play a game where I could kill anyone within a few seconds, I'd play a shooter.
    I can't stand playing 2v2 without a healer, and I hate playing against double DPS as well (luckily it almost never works, so it's very rare to see them except for low rating).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxliev View Post
    Oh it's not about power, as you said as long as people use tools that their class has they can bring down healer relatively easy. What I love about playing healer in pvp is that gameplay is never boring. It's very reactive and (at least in random BGs) every fight is different.
    Oh, indeed! I'm just a huge paladin fan, so I have a normal holy paladin setup, as well as a Shockadin, and of course ret/prot. But indeed, Holy seems to bring the more fun.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not being able to 1v1 at all feels bad though when your main source of pvp enjoyment is just rando bgs because you will never get large degress of coordination. I tried fighting a priest on my Havoc, Interrupt first heal, damage for all im worth, arcane torrent next heal continue damaging, chaos nova and fel eruption the next ones. If im lucky hes maybe at 20%...except i have nothing left, i cant stop that 1 single heal and hes at 80% health with a couple hots rolling. At this point I basically just have to let his team kill me because im not going to get rid of him and if i cant kill him with the full rotation of every cc that havoc has available im sure as hell not going to do it now that all the spells are disjointed timer wise.

I really dont think healers should be removed but they shouldnt be shining beacons of god that actually require 30% of your team to kill. Vanilla had healers yes and they could be annoying but they were also not immortals, AP PoM Pyro and they are floored, Mortal Strike and they are 100% donezo, there was alot of things back then that made the dynamic very different from what legion pvp is.