Deleted

Is Brewmaster Monk op in PvP?

I guess so, otherwise there is no explanation why 20% Versatility nerf (last PvP hotfix).
    Nerfing the least represented and most useless (no dmg, no survivability) spec in PvP is really a good idea. Have you ever seen a Brewmaster monk in instanced PvP? I saw only one or two since Legion launched, a while ago.
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2018-05-07 at 10:29 AM.

They gave that to all tanks. Stagger is a tricky guy, but self healing tanks take the cake. Any other tank will outlast a BrM.

Brewmaster, along with some other tanks such as Blood DK and Prot Warrior, was very viable, if not broken. Speaking about arena.

The specs above brought enough utility and defense to the team they could actually live indefinitely and kill in dampening.

In Brewmaster's case, they brought:
    -Guard, which allowed the BRM to stagger the damage of 2 teammates every 45 sec.
    -Admonishment, which is a PvP talent for every tank which replaces taunt, causing that target to take up to 15% extra damage permanently as long you refreshed the buff by hitting the target.
    -A lot of peels in form of artifact, dragon's breath, stuns.
    -Pretty decent damage for tank

When paired with a MW monk, you could rotate Way of the Crane, Guard and personals to become extremely hard to kill.

This same playstyle applies with every tank with few niches. Glad it got nerfed, made the meta extremely stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinism View Post
    Brewmaster, along with some other tanks such as Blood DK and Prot Warrior, was very viable, if not broken. Speaking about arena.

The specs above brought enough utility and defense to the team they could actually live indefinitely and kill in dampening.

In Brewmaster's case, they brought:
    -Guard, which allowed the BRM to stagger the damage of 2 teammates every 45 sec.
    -Admonishment, which is a PvP talent for every tank which replaces taunt, causing that target to take up to 15% extra damage permanently as long you refreshed the buff by hitting the target.
    -A lot of peels in form of artifact, dragon's breath, stuns.
    -Pretty decent damage for tank

When paired with a MW monk, you could rotate Way of the Crane, Guard and personals to become extremely hard to kill.

This same playstyle applies with every tank with few niches. Glad it got nerfed, made the meta extremely stale.
    I know.. more viable options is always worse.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I know.. more viable options is always worse.
    I'm all for having more variety and creative comp choices as long as they are properly balanced, and not nigh unkillable nightmares like the tank comps are.

Can we play it in rbg meta, in new map

brew monks not op at all in pvp