Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    Central Tyria. Now visiting the Crystal Desert.

Almost a year has passed: What is your opinion on Path of Fire?

Greetings champions, good to see you all, as always! Long time no see!

So, almost a year has passed already (8 months to be more specific). That's a good time to analyse the "new" expansion. I'll make some topics - if you want to answer them, that would be cool.

What is your overall opinion of Path of Fire?

Compared to Heart of Thorns, do you think that this expansion is better?

What do you think about the current storyline/living story?

Do you like the new elite specs?

If you could give this xpac a numerical score, what would it be?

and most importantly: are you still playing GW2?

See you soon! Be well

Better than Thorns by far.

Elite specs have worked out every good.

Still a lack of stuff to do at end game that is ultimately killing the game.

Not playing.
    Alliance: The eurocentric worshiping group led by Anduin, the blond haired, blued eyed, superior leader who only wants to help the other, lesser, races that mankind is superior to and who are incapable of fixing their own problems.

I thought the story was fun, and I really enjoy Crystal Oasis & Desert Highlands. The other zones can fuck off though. Haven't been to Istan or any of the LW zones since I don't have money for gems, though.

I didn't care for any of the Heart of Thorns zones, so I think PoF did that better.

I like the elite specs for the most part. I love Weaver and Soulbeast. Really sad about how Deadeye turned out though.

Probably a 7 or 8 out of 10.

I'm playing until Battle for Azeroth comes out.

Thousand times better than Heart of Thorns except for elite specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    I thought the story was fun, and I really enjoy Crystal Oasis & Desert Highlands. The other zones can fuck off though. Haven't been to Istan or any of the LW zones since I don't have money for gems, though.

I didn't care for any of the Heart of Thorns zones, so I think PoF did that better.

I like the elite specs for the most part. I love Weaver and Soulbeast. Really sad about how Deadeye turned out though.

Probably a 7 or 8 out of 10.

I'm playing until Battle for Azeroth comes out.
    If you logged in while the living episode was going on, you don't need to pay gems for it, you get it for free. You should at the very least still be able to get A Bug in the System for free if you login now.

PoF is funner than HoT. HoT had a lot more depth. What PoF lacks in content it makes up being in a far more streamlined and enjoyable experience. Good maps, good events (though lacking compared to HoTs epic metas), smooth story (HoTs had a lot more lore and depth but also a lot of rough edges), balanced (lets just accept that core specs are underpowered. From a standalone perspective all the POF specs are useful).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Better than Thorns by far.

Elite specs have worked out every good.

Still a lack of stuff to do at end game that is ultimately killing the game.

Not playing.
    I'd say PoFs one raid and fractal are more challenging than the ones we got during the HoT era. PoF is definitely missing a raid wing, a new fractal has been confirmed.

Still play regularly, I think it is a very good expansion, betterso than Heart of thorns. Was undecided on mounts in the beginning but as i've played more i've come to enjoy them a lot. The bounty system is pretty good and so is the story installments (if only they came out more frequently :b) Would've enjoyed a big World boss instead of the legendary bounties to be in the crystal desert, other than that im good.
    some elite speccs are pretty dope (holomancer) others, not so much ( deadeye / mirage ) - alltough i've seen people enjoy em all so i guess they cant be too bad.
    score would be 8/10 for me.