Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Why blizzard didn't put in end of expansion zone wide nerfs in Antorus ?

Sitting bored in work i just wonder what theories have people here towards why no nerfs this time around - its the first time in years since they chosen not to do so.

my personal theory is that they are very happy with how wf/tf worked out and they see in their data that ton of people clear whole lower difficulties instead spend time wiping on higher one. (aka they spend time clearing normal on overgeared toons instead try to kill few bosses in hc )

What do you people think about it ? Why did they choose to pursue this way in legion instead do them like in WoLK-WoD period.

Deleted
    Because the first 9 bosses in Antorus is already laughably easy and both Aggramar and Argus already received nerfs 2 weeks ago?

because its a joke of a raid
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    because its a joke of a raid
    link 11/11m pls

Tell you the truth I think when 8.0 hits the squish is going to nut the whole thing way way down like what happened with SoO. So people will smoke it just without the achievement.. maybe..

Probably because of the gradual nerf of people continually getting more powerful from AP, and the titan forging system allowing many of the fights to be "out geared".

While I'm not a part of the mythic raid scene now, if I remember correctly the last two expansions final raid tiers received nerfs through the players receiving more power rather than the bosses getting weaker through VP item upgrades.

Because blizzard is a joke these days and they mistakenly thought that ap, crucible, weekly gear and the trinkets would equal a flat 30% raid nerf. What actually happened was that since ap was capped (75 for nlc) long before the raid even opened on mythic it did next to nothing for player power. People also had full 960 gear after only a few mythic clears and this meant that the only realiable player power increase was the weekly boost to the trinkets and the number of trinkets that the raid had (to increase the uptime on the "synergy" proc. This all meant that the raid was the same after people maxed their trinkets and that player power did not have a way to improve outside of personal skill at playing the game. This was clearly a big oversight on blizzard's part but it was an expected one at that because remember, this is the same company that is removing masterloot and is scewing over the game on the BFA alpha/beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Sitting bored in work i just wonder what theories have people here towards why no nerfs this time around - its the first time in years since they chosen not to do so.

my personal theory is that they are very happy with how wf/tf worked out and they see in their data that ton of people clear whole lower difficulties instead spend time wiping on higher one. (aka they spend time clearing normal on overgeared toons instead try to kill few bosses in hc )

What do you people think about it ? Why did they choose to pursue this way in legion instead do them like in WoLK-WoD period.
    I think you are right about the TF. In the past TF was quite more, "limited". Thats why you see so many bad players on high ilvl now. Gonna try to keep it on topic though :P. That higher ilvl is what reduces the need for nerfs, as a lot of people keep growing in power, and its not like before where many were BiS(or BiS from HC if they dont do mythic) 2-3 months into the content and have reached the "power ceiling".
    Last edited by JackWest; 2018-05-08 at 03:15 PM.
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    Because the first 9 bosses in Antorus is already laughably easy and both Aggramar and Argus already received nerfs 2 weeks ago?
    you mean mythic - im not speaking about only mythic but all 3 modes .

it just seems strange that after so many years blizzard suddenly changed their minds about zone wide nerfing stuff.

Zone wide nerf comes with 8.0 (aka prepatch) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tr1n1ty View Post
    Zone wide nerf comes with 8.0 (aka prepatch) ...
    Possible but that's not what im talking i about . I mean first stacking buff im wolk then stacking debuff in cata and vp upgrades in mop and wod. This time around nothing like that happend . Why do you think Blizzard changed their end of expansion nerfs phylosphy

Probably because wf/tf and the artifact infinite trait act as a progressive nerf.

What does wf/tf stands for? "what fuck" and "the fuck"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    What does wf/tf stands for? "what fuck" and "the fuck"?
    war forged/titan forged

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Probably because wf/tf and the artifact infinite trait act as a progressive nerf.
    do they though ? how many people farm ap above 75 with how little ap you get vs how much you need? do you see everyone around runiing in full wf/tf gear ? since i for sure dont see people with gear like that everywhere around.

10+ Year Old Account
    do they though ? how many people farm ap above 75 with how little ap you get vs how much you need? do you see everyone around runiing in full wf/tf gear ? since i for sure dont see people with gear like that everywhere around.
    You dont have to "farm" it. I play this dk since a week after antorus opened, only "farmed" til my MS became 75. After that I have only passively gotten AP and by now I have 82 frost, 80 blood and 75 unholy. Although, its such small % increase that I wouldnt even count it for "upgrade" or anything
    And about TF, I think its mostly the "weekly cache" TF that makes a difference, as tons of people get "fed" 960+ gear from there while their raid equivalent gear would be around 945-950
    Last edited by JackWest; 2018-05-08 at 06:14 PM.
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Doesn't need it, the first 9 bosses aren't too difficult and they nerfed Aggramar and Argus already.

Deleted
    if you cant do antorus at this point maybe mythic just is not the place for you - this raid is easier than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Realfleks View Post
    if you cant do antorus at this point maybe mythic just is not the place for you - this raid is easier than anything else.
    After 5 months, or exactly the same amount of time ToS was current, Antorus had a lower clear count than ToS at only about 800. And we had a lot of tears over how hard ToS was.

Blackhand and guldan had over 2000 kills for CE.

How again is Antorus so easy?

The number of people here that think mythic is the only mode is too damn high...

For most people, Aggramar and Argus didn't got nerf. They are the same boss they killed 5 months ago.

If your friend and family guild have issue on a boss, they most be stuck here for ever. If you clear heroic without doing mythic, you runs as been rinse and repeat of the same since 5 months.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads