Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    Legendary! Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    6,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Wowprogress shows how many active guilds there are in a tier. 22,000 in Antorus, 26,000 in Tomb, 30,000 in Nighthold, 29,000 in Hellfire.

    Cross-realm mythic I don't imagine are massively common for late bosses. And are probably composed of a lot of people who killed it already in their guilds.
    They continue to wait too long before opening up cross realm mythic. 5 months into a tier and people are bored as hell of it so enabling it the same time you release a new raid is pointless. People aren't going to keep progressing when heroic drops better loot. They will move on. Cross realm just allows people to farm it for mog once they outgear it.

    Blizzard hasn't figured this out or the real purpose is to enable easier mog farming and won't say it. They refuse to nerf their cash cow of boosts and realm transfers for Mythic raiding.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [email protected]'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Why not? I did like all the previous expansions end raids with "undergeared" characters. My hunter even did Mythic Garrosh with like normal mode gear in MoP. They nerfed him THAT hard, and why not? It was few weeks left and it was an excellent way to try out some mythic mechanics (even if nerfed) for my alts.
    i see this as a fault of mythic + - people simply after 2 years of farming it infinetly start to forget how it was in past - they live in cosy bubble created by equaly skilled and overgeared players and stopped even meeting regular players due to additional walls of raider.io they put up besides itlv.

    it was always normal to go in raids while undergeared - it wasnt up to mop/wod when people started to go in there with alts which had significant higher gear due to vp upgrades then their mains. legion is pushing it even higher - you didnt see as crazy high req for normal in wod because it didnt have ap and didnt have legendaries so people had no buisness going in there in such high levels and didnt look for others equaly as high geared to make those groups.

    we are going into really really bad direction in which hc and mythic raiders will be even more powerfull and casuals will be even more alienated. exackly because of lack of nerf - casuals dont have access to gear that mythic raiders have - and never will have - so game is being made easier for hardcore crowd and more inaccesible for casual crowd.

    its a move towards p2w - where only chance for casuals of doin any content above lfr will be buying boosts via buying tokens.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They continue to wait too long before opening up cross realm mythic. 5 months into a tier and people are bored as hell of it so enabling it the same time you release a new raid is pointless. People aren't going to keep progressing when heroic drops better loot. They will move on. Cross realm just allows people to farm it for mog once they outgear it.

    Blizzard hasn't figured this out or the real purpose is to enable easier mog farming and won't say it. They refuse to nerf their cash cow of boosts and realm transfers for Mythic raiding.
    Cross realm mythic early on would surely hurt guilds and the feel of community in the game.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Realfleks View Post
    You will have that again with a few weeks left - just not right now : )
    its almost summer - how many people will simply quit by then

    if blizzard wont do anything this will be worth of pre-patch events due to people being simply unsubbed and waiting for launch boming back like 1 week in .

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Cross realm mythic early on would surely hurt guilds and the feel of community in the game.
    dont worry - just wait coupel of months and you will see they will open mythic for cross realm the moment 100/100 guilds will kills last boss on mythic

  5. #265
    The Unstoppable Force Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Algo Solar System.
    Posts
    20,990
    Because upgrading the 940 trinket to 1000 is a small nerf in itself.

    As is Amanthuls Vision.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well, yes, the raid gets easier and easier, true. You overgear it by miles and with all the things you mention, the raid kind of gets nerfed in that sense. But like I said earlier, I don't care for my main, I don't need anything in there anymore. I am talking about my alts. I want to try the raid on Heroic with them.

    I have 2 choices, either gear up my alts OR they could nerf the raid. Thats the ONLY two ways I could experience heroic on my alts. And I don't have the time to gear my alts, I simply don't. And I am NOT alone with this. Just imagine how many people who get their alts to like 920ilvl, with those 910ilvl gear your get from farming the currency on Argus etc. Lots of people would love to try to raid on those characters but can't due to ilvl, and don't want to or simply can't gear them further.

    I don't see any harm in nerfin the raid to the grounds at this point. It's like 2 months left of the expansion, so why not nerf it so that more people can experience it? Why can't Blizzard give us with a heavy IRL a break and nerf so that we can try our alts we don't have time to gear up. By now, people are sick of the raid anyway, lets overnerf it, for fun!
    There is 0 harm in nerfing and i never said that there is any. I just stated my opinion on those that cry for nerfs to progress through mythic. It is not needed at all and there is no use crying for it so loud.

    For alts that is another story, but to be honest, you can experience your alt on normalmode just as well. You don't need hc/m gear for BfA so i for one don't think there should be a nerf with alts in mind^^ But that is just my opinion, might be biased because i can bring whatever alt i want for our alt runs, so i don't have any issues getting into heroic.

  7. #267
    Legendary! Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    6,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Cross realm mythic early on would surely hurt guilds and the feel of community in the game.
    There's very little community or server identity left as it is. Transfers ruined that years ago. Boosts even more so. Loyalty to guilds went out the door the moment that happened. I've met hundreds of people through cross realm and not a single one was from my server. It limits social interaction when reaching the highest difficulty.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont worry - just wait coupel of months and you will see they will open mythic for cross realm the moment 100/100 guilds will kills last boss on mythic
    It's already opened. Just 5 months after release.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [email protected]'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

  8. #268
    Nerfs usually come when there is a decrease in people killing the boss. Just like recently there was a large number of people caught at 9/11 or 10/11 so they nerfed those boses. Also there is still a steady power creep with WF/TF for guilds that consistently clear it.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its almost summer - how many people will simply quit by then

    if blizzard wont do anything this will be worth of pre-patch events due to people being simply unsubbed and waiting for launch boming back like 1 week in .

    - - - Updated - - -



    dont worry - just wait coupel of months and you will see they will open mythic for cross realm the moment 100/100 guilds will kills last boss on mythic
    prepatch is around a month before expansion.

    antorus is nerfed just like any other endcontent raid and is easy enough as it is

    you or any other person not achieving something does not mean it should be nerfed even more - you can try with the prepatch (and if you are unsubbed by then,you clearly dont really care about it anyhow judging you're subbed right now)
    Last edited by Realfleks; 2018-05-18 at 10:59 PM.

  10. #270
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    3,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because upgrading the 940 trinket to 1000 is a small nerf in itself.

    As is Amanthuls Vision.
    Trinket was finished upgrading two months ago and it pales in comparison to WoD's legendary ring. Especially tank and healer versions.

    ATV has horrendous drop rate and it would still be weaker than WoD's ring. Even if you won the lottery and it actually dropped, going from 1000 trinket to ATV will not be increase your perfomance by *that* much. Maybe if half of your raid got it all at once. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Realfleks View Post
    prepatch is around a month before expansion.

    antorus is nerfed just like any other endcontent raid and is easy enough as it is

    you or any other person not achieving something does not mean it should be nerfed even more - you can try with the prepatch (and if you are unsubbed by then,you clearly dont really care about it anyhow judging you're subbed right now)
    Two bosses were nerfed, and in case of Argus it was a minimal change. Gearing as a "nerf" happened in every expansion, including WF in WoD. However, there were some actual nerfs or character buffs on top of that. Antorus has neither. So no, it's not "nerfed like any other endcontent raid".
    Last edited by KaPe; 2018-05-18 at 11:51 PM.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Trinket was finished upgrading two months ago and it pales in comparison to WoD's legendary ring. Especially tank and healer versions.

    ATV has horrendous drop rate and it would still be weaker than WoD's ring. Even if you won the lottery and it actually dropped, going from 1000 trinket to ATV will not be increase your perfomance by *that* much. Maybe if half of your raid got it all at once. Maybe.Two bosses were nerfed, and in case of Argus it was a minimal change. Gearing as a "nerf" happened in every expansion, including WF in WoD. However, there were some actual nerfs or character buffs on top of that. Antorus has neither. So no, it's not "nerfed like any other endcontent raid".
    ill rephrase that for you so you can understand
    9/11 is so easy its easier than all other endcontent raids in their nerfed version - aggramar got nerfed to the ground and argus is such a easy fight mechanicwise that only the dps and hps checks really made it hard and both were lifted by the hp nerf and chainfix.

    only getting 2chains(that "fix" is huge for the average mythicguild that wouldnt have been able to stack immunities.) baseline + 4healing it is such an insane nerf to the boss that nothing else is needed there.

    so yes the whole raid is as easy as any other endcontentraid or nerfed like any other in the case of aggramar and argus.
    can people cry and argue about "not getting nerfes"? sure, or they could just accept that they are not as good as they think they are.

    if you got your CE in soo and hfc then you will have a rather "easy" time with current aggramar and argus.

    and just for the books gearing as a nerf was never as big as it is currently(besides wod ring that is) for quite obvious reasons and before you bring the worst argument in history - no raids are not tuned around titanforging.
    Last edited by Realfleks; 2018-05-19 at 12:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •