Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    yeah if only an alliance race didn't invade their homeworld, mark it for legion (even Archimonde was against wasting time on Dreanor, check 'rise of the horde'), not to mention as they admit cause the annihilation and extinction of infinity number of lifeforms in their pursuit of staying alive instead of doing what others actually did (lightforge draenei) and fight the legion
    10/10 for mental gymnastics.

I can't even begin to call out the various other gaps in this grand fanfiction, but hey don't let me come in the middle and wreck that, I am just some alliance lover who hates the horde right
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Kul'Tiras drove the Drust to extinction.

The Dwarfs and Gnomes destroyed the Frostmaine Empire, took their lands, and to this day continue their genocidal campaign against them.

King Llane got his father killed by starting a war with the Gurobashi because he wanted to destroy them and his father refused to go to war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    They were temporarily under Sha influence, but got over it.

Whereas the Horde has committed most of its atrocities under no other influence than their own inherent brutality. Orcs especially have proven themselves to be capable of genocide and treachery both with and without demon blood. And the Forsaken... well, most of them don't have any humanity left within them.
    Only one was the rest did so willingly.

Not a war crime per say, but the origin of Voss is sad and shows how the Alliance can be prejudice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything Genn did after the Second War comes close.

Wanting to genocide the Orcs in the camp because they were too expensive.

Refusing to help Lordaeron when the Scourge attacked Capital City.

Abandoning half his people on the other side of the wall (because it was cheaper to build there than around everything).

Letting the Scourge kill all the refugees at the foot of the wall when they showed up.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Downplaying the role of a few races into near oblivion, just to highlight the other same few regulars in nearly every god damn conflict.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    yeah that was a shitcon, back then - at least at the release time of rise of the horde - they were planning to only undo titans creation, hence why archimonde was strongly against any attack on Dreanor or even waste any resource on it
    the problem with current lore is that how can Rise of Horde be canon and it contradicts many things, so we keep shitting on older lore just for the sake of it? not all older lore is bad (in fact most of it is superior to whatever mess we have now), at least back then the rule of 'kool' and fuck lore for mmo format wasn't that strong yet

I admit i don't like current lore and it will take time to swallow it, but i'm VERY happy with chronicles and i hope that is final retcon to lore and no more changes and shitting on ur own established lore sometimes for just zero reason
    oh im with you friend their retcons are godawful and the new lore especially bfa is a joke. but in another few years the lore will be such a mess that we might even look back on bfa as the good old days.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    What are the laws of War crime in the Warcraft universe exactly? :P
    None were confirmed until the book war crimes, where the ones listed were the mass murder of civilians, and i think the irreversible destruction of land? I think those are the only two were confirmed war crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Biggest war crime of the alliance was letting those void elves join their ranks.

Horde has never done any war crime, people claim that Theramore was a war crime but seriously, it was necessary. The conflict between alliance and horde was inevitable and Theramore sent forces into southern Barrens to support the night elf forces... Typical alliance hypocrite behaviour "we r gud we no do bad things!" yeah, sure.
    People of Theramore and mostly Jaina deserved the bombing of Theramore. Jaina claimed the whole time she's peaceful towards the horde, but nope, when big daddy Varian arrives she completely forgot about her promises towards Thrall.

Jaina should be happy about the bombing instead of marching horde forces who would ravage the city and slaughter its people. For the Horde. Death to the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    Didn't the Alliance shoot a TON of drowning Horde sailors in the Pandaren intro because they didn't want prisoners? That was kinda fucked up
    Yeah I remember doing that again a few weeks ago. That was really sick and I felt bad playing as Alliance until Papa Shadopan jumps in to save the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    10/10 for mental gymnastics.

I can't even begin to call out the various other gaps in this grand fanfiction, but hey don't let me come in the middle and wreck that, I am just some alliance lover who hates the horde right
    so answer that one, also u can easily answer strongly by saying in most recent lore edition (legion) they changed the BL goal from undo titan creation to wiping out all life forms
    that is most recent edition right? did chronicles change that again or something?
    but for rise of horde time at least, draenei were portrayed as ignorant selfish who have no problem to cause annihilation of anyone and everyone to stay alive, and yet claim they are 'selfless' and believe in the 'light' ideas (also with current Light ideas in wow, that actually fit... seriously fuck all those changes, i hope it is final and get stable now)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    Didn't the Alliance shoot a TON of drowning Horde sailors in the Pandaren intro because they didn't want prisoners? That was kinda fucked up
    they also say 'no witness' during goblins starting area, in fact because alliance love to genocide any non alliance in their 'righteous glory' is the reason why 4 out of 6 horde main races joined the horde in first place
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Just saw this video on youtube and reminded me of this thread.
    Did he copy from this thread? too lazy to watch it

Gilneas and Theramore. There's no parallels to these two.

The burning of Teldrassil is the third one that can be added to the list once we see the event unfold.

Well the allience made panda do overtime work once.

The horse ate people then condemned their souls to burn for all eternity so they could kill more people...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    LOLOLOLOL no he didnt, he gave them ZERO TIME to evacuate civilians. Baine went behind garroshes back and warned jaina, allowing her to evacuate them.
    he was fully willing and planning to nuke a city full of civilians, this was obvious cause he captured their boats instead and tortured them.
    Finally something we can agree on, Felplague. Horde is full of savages and has always been. Their entire history is about conquering, murdering and their thirst for blood. It's funny to see all the triggered horde fanboys who thought horde was their perfect diverse society free of hate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Gilneas and Theramore. There's no parallels to these two.

The burning of Teldrassil is the third one that can be added to the list once we see the event unfold.
    The list of Horde crimes against the other races keeps growing and growing.

But how surprising is it really? They are at their core a group of bloodthirsty Orcs, downright evil Forsaken, greedy Goblins, cannibal Trolls, mana addicted Elves etc.

Tauren and Pandaren don't really seem to fit this lot at all, do they? Not that they aren't just guilty though, since they still continue to support them through the events.

7+ Year Old Account
    If the particularly petulant Sylvanas fanboys over on the lore subforum are to be believed, the Alliance's greatest war crime would be "existing".
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The list of Horde crimes against the other races keeps growing and growing.

But how surprising is it really? They are at their core a group of bloodthirsty Orcs, downright evil Forsaken, greedy Goblins, cannibal Trolls, mana addicted Elves etc.

Tauren and Pandaren don't really seem to fit this lot at all, do they? Not that they aren't just guilty though, since they still continue to support them through the events.
    To be fair, I never expected the Horde to be protagonists on an equal footing with certain races of the Alliance. It simply wasn't and isn't possible due to certain races that constitute it, as you've said it yourself. The undead influence over the Horde's story arc has grown so big at this point that it has become impossible to discern the rest of the Horde from the Forsaken; everything the Horde does is essentially a Forsaken plot and a Forsaken plot has never made for a good protagonist plot.

I enjoyed the theme the Horde used to bring to the table much more than the Alliance one, even when they were outright villains. What is putting me off right now is all the players that have pooled up in and around it, who try to convince themselves and/or others of things that simply aren't true, thinking that continous repetition will make them true.

I used to enjoy playing as an orc that is chopping up Ashenvale in order to build up Orgrimmar; there was nothing fake about it and the Horde players never tried to whitewash the plot. None of us pretended. All of that changed though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    If the particularly petulant Sylvanas fanboys over on the lore subforum are to be believed, the Alliance's greatest war crime would be "existing".
    Eh, hopefully Blizzard will put her character to rest after all this time. Perhaps that swamp will drain itself after that. Sylvanas and blood elf fanboys are, without a doubt, the most populous. There's been a few cringy void elf roleplayers posting all over that place, but at least they're not pretending to not be fanboys. The night elf fanboys are busy being bitter in the meantime.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-06-08 at 10:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I used to enjoy playing as an orc that is chopping up Ashenvale in order to build up Orgrimmar; there was nothing fake about it and the Horde players never tried to whitewash the plot. None of us pretended. All of that changed though.
    Fitting of the times I guess. People are trying to create a fake reality for themselves.

As somebody who plays both factions, my unbiased opinion is this: Horde's actions alone make them the greater evil of the two factions. The Alliance at least overall tries to uphold honour, while the Horde overall takes part in destructive behaviour. I like the Horde races and their stories in game, but objectively you cannot argue with this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Stonetalon was a crime against neutrals, children and trainees. Yes Garrosh killed the guy who did it but it doesn't change the fact that it happened anymore than Tauraho being mercenaries means the Alliance was not responsible for their actions.
    Theramore was directly aiding the assault against both Mulgore and Durotar yet kept trying to claim neutrality. Yes the killing of civilians was horrendous but at least it was a valid target unlike Thal'darah
    again no one ever has said attacking theramore is the crime
    using a fucking nuke, attending to kill every single civilian there, but since the civilians were evacuated they captured them and tortured them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content