Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Getting all garrison followers 2.0

Hi everyone.
    Some of you may remember this:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...g-does-it-take

I just wanted to let you know that it's almost been three years and I'm still at it. I skipped several weeks because I have traveled a lot, but never missed one if I was around home (it takes 2 minutes tops each week).
    There hasn't been any significant change that I could see. The wheel takes forever to scroll down, as expected. I am almost done with this insanity and I'll report back when I have less than 3 followers to choose from (or better yet, 0).

Just wanted to let you guys know that there is still someone patient enough to stomach this. Is anyone else doing this still?

So how many do you have now?

Deleted
    Still trying to get the Blood Elf on one char.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did this for a while, but it's too insane of a grind to actually go for, if you want them leveled and geared as well. As far as I know, there are 243 different followers that can be recruited from the inn, which will take about 5 years in total.

So, OP, you have maybe less than 2 years to go I guess I have 3 or so, if I start doing this again this week.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I'm working on filling mine up with all nelf females.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Just wanted to let you guys know that there is still someone patient enough to stomach this. Is anyone else doing this still?
    I am. But then again I still visit my Garrison daily because it holds such a special place in my heart.

This is pretty cool. I like your dedication! I'm doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Hi everyone.
    Some of you may remember this:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...g-does-it-take

I just wanted to let you know that it's almost been three years and I'm still at it. I skipped several weeks because I have traveled a lot, but never missed one if I was around home (it takes 2 minutes tops each week).
    There hasn't been any significant change that I could see. The wheel takes forever to scroll down, as expected. I am almost done with this insanity and I'll report back when I have less than 3 followers to choose from (or better yet, 0).

wouldnt it be fun if interns in blizz made very simple app just for WoD missions ?

could be good programming exercise for them and nice bonus for wow players

Trying to get all belf females. Still one or two missing.

I've been trying to recruit one every week since I've had the inn, no idea but likely missed one or two somewhere along the line. I level all of them, and gear them to iLvl 675. Doesn't take long since I check garrison once or twice a day when hitting the auction house. When I recruit I go for epic mount since it makes everything so much faster.

I was curious how many more there are to go and looked up followers on wowhead and it lists 299 available. I did a sort on what I have collected with the wowhead import tool thingy and it shows I am missing 66. 237+66=303, so not sure why wowhead is showing 299 available or what the difference is.

Either way, looks like there's still another 15 months before I get the in recruits finished off.

Last edited by siren; 2018-05-10 at 08:18 AM.

What's the point?... Just to catch them all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Under a bridge, some ware in the Badlands.
    I am attempting to replace all my followers with Goblins. I got my Warrior to have all Orcs, but orcs are the most plentiful. I did some research on Wowhead, there are 243 followers that can be gotten through the inn Horde side, with 20 being Goblins and 4 from other sources like Rep and Quests, that's about a 8% chance to get a Goblin. I'm up to 7 Goblins from the Inn atm, odds are, I will achieve the same as you, only I will be leveling all the Goblins to max level. My 25th follower will probably be Garona, but I'm also leaning towards Ariok, because hes my bro, Garrison won't feel the same without a massive Orc stomping around.

(Edit) I did some more math, there are 56 followers not from the inn, My statistics say that I have 84 Followers recruited, I'm missing the Lumber mill and the Trading Post followers (3). So after some quick maths, I have 31 Inn followers recruited with 7 of them being Goblins. that leaves 212 followers left to get, with 13 being Goblins, this means I have about a 6% chance to get a Goblin next week. This tells me that I have gotten quite lucky with Goblin procs. God, this looks like one of those weird math problems from Highschool tests lol.
    Last edited by pokcmvmxckm; 2018-05-10 at 07:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokcmvmxckm View Post
    Sylvanas has returned from the Maw her work complete. She has decided to live as a stay at home Mom with Nathanos at Windrunner Tower in the Ghostlands. Note; she is not a Mother, and Nathanos is a rock with a smiley face drawn in sharpie. Many people are concerned about her current mental health.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna check this evening how far I've come. I believe I have more than 200. I don't plan on gearing them all up because I already hate my life enough as it is lel

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    yup

its a fun harmless mini game :0

would be more fun if it was aviable via app

blizzard could also remove limit for followers making it even more fun

I wouldn't mind there to be no limit on currently active Garrison followers... Heh.

I'll laugh if the game can't handle a situation where you could have fewer than three to recruit at once, so you just can't get them all.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    As a collector, not just in WoW but in any game, it's a given thing to do. We wanna collect it all. We are obsessed the number before the / is the same as the number after the /. 10/10, 25/25, 2138/2138 etc. And % should be 100% and nothing below 100%. Of course this is very hard for some things, but collectors always strive to max whatever it is we are collecting!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Just checked. My followers count is at 215.
    I recall seeing a list of possible followers (along with the number of followers from achievements/inn) but I can't find it anymore. Maybe someone knows about it? I have all and every followers outside of the inn.

EDIT: It seems there are 59 followers to be gathered outside the inn. This means the inn gave me 156 followers! Now if someone could confirm the maximum number one can get there, I'd know when this journey will end.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2018-05-12 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    Garrison,Mission Table and PetBattles those are the Aspects of this Game i really despise...just my 2 cents

Is there a purpose to getting/leveling garrison followers anymore? Even as someone who spends a fairly disproportionate amount of time still in my garrison for getting old mats, crafting drums and glider kits and such, I haven't sent out a mission in...ever.

Okay that's wrong there is one use to getting garrison followers: dumping them in level 2+ buildings for that extra yield. Still haven't sent out any missions. I just google which one is the easiest to get that bonus, do the 1 or 2 quests to unlock it, and then dump that poor blademaster to toil in my mine for all eternity.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-05-12 at 05:46 PM.