Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Can anyone please post in the thread asking if they'll be taking Void Elf, Lightforged, Highmountain and Nightborne's racial off the GCD too?
    They said 'racials', pretty sure that means all of them, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Racials and Trinkets Off the GCD - Battle for Azeroth Beta
    You can see what class abilities are on the GCD in Battle for Azeroth on the WoWDB beta site.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Having to press multiple buttons in a row that don't do anything but increase throughput isn't particularly engaging.
    So they admit that putting throughput abilities on the GCD feels like shit. This same logic can be applied to every dps cooldown in the game they they put on the GCD. It is not engaging to hit 1-3 cooldowns in a row literally doing nothing for 3-4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    They should just take everything off the GCD so people can macro every ability ever into one button, then the first to press it wins.
    That would make fun gameplay.
    More fun than having 3 cooldowns all on the GCD and by the time you have them all up the 1st one is half gone.

Am I not understanding this right?

Having to press multiple buttons in a row that don't do anything but increase throughput isn't particularly engaging.
    Isnt that what the *entire* GCD change does? instead of being able to macro these in various combinations I now have to press them individually. If they are taking racials and trinkets off the gcd why doesn't that make sense for ALL throughput CDs?

Battle for Azeroth seems to become a battle for removing things from the GCD. Supposedly adding it had benefits, but hmmm, I rather see the detritus of this in my opinion questionable decision. They created themselves a lot of work, for a gain I don't see.

Hope they will stand off the whole stupid idea altogether.

They take things away, only to drip feed them back to us, and people praise them for "seeing the light".

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Good, but honestly I'm still profoundly baffled by how they ever thought this was a good idea.
    MLG acquisition + a game that wasn't meant sport.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Having to press multiple buttons in a row that don't do anything but increase throughput isn't particularly engaging. While we can resolve that issue within the context of a spec's toolkit
    Yeah, I mean, right? How did that take so long?

The second part is my favourite. "While we can resolve that issue within the context of a spec's toolkit"... That's what they should have done in the first place. All the GCD problems were caused by poor design choices for some classes, Warriors in particular. The whole DPS complexity in Legion is all about lining all your freaking CDs, consumeables, procs and artifact thingies together for a massive burst of damage, only to wait for the next minute or two not doing a lot until another moment comes. So yeah, instead of fixing annoying Battle Cry interactions that force you to do a ton of stuff within a few second window or so, they chose to globally mess everything up. So the weird bursty gameplay of the specs remains, but is just more annoying to play around, having to wait GCDs for every CD you pop.

But hey, if they are making exceptions to a shitty rule, there's a chance they will just remove the rule in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocok View Post
    Hope they will stand off the whole stupid idea altogether.
    They never learn, they will just ride it out and say in the expansion after BfA that GCD doesn't work with the new systems they are working on.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remove 1 Warrior CD entirely and remove LoTP from the GCD and it's looking pretty good to me.

The first of many steps that need to be taken back in the right direction. Now we need mobility + reactionary abilities back off the GCD too.

I feel like they'd be better off limiting what you can chain together in macros rather than the GCD change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    i've played both alpha and beta and its useless change that just makes specs feel shit.
    Nah, it's really not that bad. Maybe some macros are broken but it's still quick gameplay. Not a useless change either if you read their logic.

But this means these racials will still be superior...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Can anyone please post in the thread asking if they'll be taking Void Elf, Lightforged, Highmountain and Nightborne's racial off the GCD too?
    I would hope so, especially lightforged because contrary to utility racials that stun, dispel, break cc or get you out of the fire (goblin rocket jump), lightforged racial has no utility, it's just to do damage, but it's actually worse than flat stat increase other races get.

So if the guy in the Blizzard post complained that Orc blood fury is worse than if he was a Tauren and had 2% crit damage instead, this applies even more to lightforged, where pressing that button is often a dps loss.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    More fun than having 3 cooldowns all on the GCD and by the time you have them all up the 1st one is half gone.
    Doesn't it make more sense, then, to press one, DPS until it runs out, press the other, DPS until it runs out, press the third, DPS until that one runs out, wait for the first one to come back up, and repeat?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they don't want buttons to be macrod, stop designing button bloat that only exists to pad a rotation. Or better yet, disable macros and addons and design the game around neither existing and just ban people caught using thirdparty stuff that breaks the EULA. Cheaters gonna cheat. They don't deserve attention.

Blizzard devs would rather downsize to pad their own paycheck and then hire people based on social connection than pay one person to GM a server and make sure people aren't cheating. Quality Assurance these days is just a call center in India.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    If they don't want buttons to be macrod, stop designing button bloat that only exists to pad a rotation. Or better yet, disable macros and addons and design the game around neither existing and just ban people caught using thirdparty stuff that breaks the EULA. Cheaters gonna cheat. They don't deserve attention.

Blizzard devs would rather downsize to pad their own paycheck and then hire people based on social connection than pay one person to GM a server and make sure people aren't cheating. Quality Assurance these days is just a call center in India.
    "" yeaa, if they banned addons i'd just quit, the default game ui etc is just absolute garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    This beats their original point of removing the power macros. Might as well remove all the GCDs or none of them.
    Um... it's a big difference removing racial abilities from GCD, than allowing you to use 'damage boost 1' + 'damage boost 2' + 'trinket' + 'ExtraActionButton1' (when available) macros for gigantic damage bursts.

Racials aren't make-or-break. Insane buff macros can easily be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mivoc View Post
    It is not engaging to hit 1-3 cooldowns in a row literally doing nothing for 3-4 seconds.
    But you are doing something. You are pressing cooldown buttons.

Being facetious aside, I never liked the idea of blowing all CDs for massive damage... then do mediocre damage while waiting for the CDs to reset. If the CDs were supposed to be used at the same time, might as well just roll them up into a single buff, since it's basically the same thing, already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Buffs and debuffs duration are being adjusted for the GCD change. The Warrior's Battle Cry ability, for example, is 5 seconds on live, but 6 seconds on beta.