Mag'har Orc Flirts and Jokes, Mythic Dungeon Invitational - China, DLC #628

Challenge Rift - Week 43

Top Five Highest Win-Rate Witchwood Decks

In-Development: Deckard, New Skins, and More!

Overwatch League 2018: Stage 3 Week 2 Recap

Battle for Azeroth - Mag'har Orc Flirts and Jokes
    The latest alpha build added the Mag'har Orc flirts and jokes.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Female
    You don't need a Dark Portal... you've already invaded my heart.
    Any idea if Saurfang is single? He's got that silver fox thing going on...
    A green orc gave me a candy heart that said "I fel for you." I told him he could keep his demon's blood and clobbered him with my mace.
    Last person to hit on me learned what "hitting on" really means.
    A Bleeding Hollow shaman just flirted with me. At least, I think he did. Either he was winking suggestively or he had just sacrificed an eye.
    Just because I'm enjoying your company doesn't mean I don't also want to punch you.
    Before we go any further, I need to know... How high is your pain threshold?

Hey... aren't you the one who left that abandoned garrison littering up Frostfire?
    Azeroth has so many rules about who you can stab, who you can't stab... who you can punch, who you can't punch... You guys need to loosen up!
    The Shattered Hand are legendary warriors, but don't ever ask one of them for a back rub. Trust me on this one... < pained sounds >
    Enough of this wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... BLAH! Just let me smash stuff!
    I dyed my hair green once. Warchief Hellscream was NOT amused.
    You can call me uncorrupted, but I prefer to think of myself as an organic orc.
    Drahnor. Draynor? Draanur. Draenor. < Sigh >. I'm just gonna say I'm from Outland.

Male
    Is your mother a fire elemental? Because you are smokin' hot!
    Care to take a walk with me in the Shadowmoonlight?
    Baby, I'm gonna Blackrock your world.
    You're not just good looking... you're mok'gora-gous!
    My safe word is "zug-zug".
    I'm a sensitive guy. Please don't break my mag'heart.
    Come on a date with me, and I guarantee you'll be wearing a Black Tooth Grin.

I never met Gul'dan, but I hear he was a nightmare at parties. Always trying to spike the punch bowl...
    Azeroth goes through warchiefs like Draenor goes through alternate timelines.
    The Laughing Skull clan booed me off the stage at the comedy club. With a name like that, you'd think they'd have a sense of humor!
    Try spending a few decades trapped on a planet with fanatical draenei and see how YOU like it!
    Ahhhhhh! The chiropractor in Orgrimmar has done wonders for my back.
    Stay frosty, my wolves.
    My favorite kind of music? Blackrock n' Roll, of course! < guitar sounds >

Skyline. D Soars in China
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The 2018 Mythic Dungeon Invitational (MDI) Regional Group Stage play kicked off on April 13 in China, pitting the top eight performing teams from each region in a best-of-three, double-elimination bracket.

In this season’s MDI, each round begins with a predetermined map and set of affixes, with an increase in key level, and difficulty, as the tournament progresses. The losing team chooses subsequent maps and one of the three affixes. The winner of the regional event (for China, Asia-Pacific, North America and Europe) takes home $6000, and the top two teams move forward to the live global championship event in Ohio this June.

Skyline. D Shines
    The most stunning performance came from Skyline.D. The top-seeded team for the region remained undefeated throughout the entire tournament with their consistent, often flawless, execution of mechanics in each dungeon presented to them. They ended the day with 16 deaths across eight matches. Of those deaths, half came during their first foray into Seat of the Triumvirate, in a match with their sister team, Skyline.Top. Their second run through Seat was against Sun Sky, and Skyline.D finished with only two deaths, proving they learned from their previous mistakes.

Back to Basics
    During the MDI Time Trials leading up to the regional events, we saw some unorthodox team compositions—sometimes omitting a healer, or even stacking Windwalker Monks or Demon Hunters—to achieve the best combined time to qualify and determine seeding for the regional event. During the China tournament, however, teams leaned toward more traditional team compositions since they did not have the luxury of resetting if the run went horribly wrong. The aptly named No Healer powered through the first round, but their strategy started to break down when they failed to take the first game in subsequent series against CBA, and finalists Sun Sky.

Efficiency was Key
    Two themes rang throughout the tournament—clever use of game mechanics and the kill-only-what-you-absolutely-have-to technique—creating make-or-break moments for several teams. The most impressive use of class abilities came from teams Sun Sky and CBA during Black Rook Hold. To start their run, Sun Sky’s Death Knight cast Control Undead on the Risen Arcanist, found among trash packs leading up to the second boss, Illysanna Ravencrest, to prevent it from being killed while clearing the rest of the pack. Next, the Death Knight cancelled Control Undead, which allowed the Mage to Spellsteal Arcane Blitz. This build stacked 50% increased damage per application, which empowered the Mage to obliterate problematic trash packs and crush bosses, while carefully babysitting the Arcanist with Control Undead for the remainder of the dungeon. The strategy worked marvelously for Sun Sky in their victory over No Healer, but it wasn’t enough to overcome Skyline.D due to a 40-second death penalty from eight deaths.

When it comes to killing what you have to, the Rogue spell Shroud of Concealment is one of the strongest tools for skipping unnecessary trash packs. Its cooldown is nearly half that of Invisibility potions at six minutes, and teams with Rogues can essentially double dip on skip opportunities, allowing them to precisely meet the mob count requirement. An alternative method is using single-player or full-team wipes in conjunction with Failure Detection Pylon, an engineer-made item that acts as a weaker version of in-combat resurrection spells. While an incredible time saver, it can also spell doom for a team who kills too few enemies before reaching the final boss, as CBA learned the hard way by killing Xavius before Sun Sky, but falling 2% short on mob count in Darkheart Thicket.

The Action Continues
    While there were no overwhelming upsets throughout the tournament Skyline.D proved themselves as a force to be reckoned with. Next week at the Asia-Pacific (APAC) regionals we’ll see if returning champions, Free Marsy, will return to the finals and prove to be a roadblock for Skyline.D. The APAC Regionals start on the official Warcraft Twitch channel at 8 p.m. PDT Friday, April 20.

World of Warcraft Arena Esports Levels Up in Australia and New Zealand
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The 2017 season was a phenomenal year for Australian and New Zealand World of Warcraft Arena esports fans. The region sent three teams to compete in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) Arena World Championship, and for the first time ever, a team from Australia—Team Rock—competed on the global stage at BlizzCon.

As the WoW Arena scene continues to grow in Australia and New Zealand, we’re making a few format changes to reflect that.

Asia-Pacific Regional Finals Are Making the Trip Down Under
    For the first time ever, Australia will play host to the APAC regional finals. Three Korean teams and two Taiwanese teams will join the three Australian and New Zealand teams to compete for $50,000 USD—and the winning team will advance to represent the Asia-Pacific region at BlizzCon!

Introduction of Multiple Qualifiers and Points
    Starting in May, we’ll be holding four qualifying cups spread over two months instead of a single qualifying event. Each cup will follow the same point structure as the North American cups. After all cups are completed, the three teams from Australia and New Zealand with the most points will qualify for the Asia-Pacific Regional Finals.

Competition Summary
    • Four Arena cups
    • $6,000 USD prize pool
    • Top three teams will advance to Asia-Pacific Regional Finals
    • First cup begins on May 11
    • Cups to be broadcast on www.twitch.tv/blizzard_ANZ
    • $50,000 USD Asia-Pacific Regional Finals and progression to BlizzCon

Schedule and Cup Sign-ups

More details on when and how you can follow the action is coming soon, so watch this space.

Dark Legacy Comics #628
    DLC #628 has been released!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn the female Mag'har sounds identical to Admiral Ga'nar of the Iron Maidens (Blackrock Foundry).

Can't pinpoint any orc with the exact voice of the male tho. Koramar and Zoggosh were my first guesses but they are different.

I mean, it still sucks that lore wise that they are coming from AU Draenor, but at least I could say I'm a Mag'har from Outland I suppose, not sure how that could be implemented. I wanted to make a Mag'har since their introduction in BC, and they come from the MU Outland, it would complemented and fit the lore/story of Warcraft much better. You win some you lose some. At least the Dark Iron Dwarves aren't coming from a random alternate universe as well, so Alliance has that going for them, which is nice.

Deleted
    That DLC is good, but 200k? US people have it easy lol. I make about 95% of my gold from WQs and Order Hall Missions and i'm closing in to 12 mil, but the token in EU is over 330k these days. So 3 tokens per mil compared to 5 in the US?

DLC is meh. Maybe I don't get it.
    It would make more sense if we saw Miji in the background seeing how Narya is happy about being rich now and rushing to AH to change the price in the next panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    That DLC is good, but 200k? US people have it easy lol. I make about 95% of my gold from WQs and Order Hall Missions and i'm closing in to 12 mil, but the token in EU is over 330k these days. So 3 tokens per mil compared to 5 in the US?
    Yeah, 200k gold per token would be awesome! Not that I can't afford it(class hall ftw) but damn that's a big difference.

Was 345k a couple a days ago too, robbery!

EU gets shafted by US companies all the time. We have to pay more sub, more for tokens. Lately I've been checking HTC Vive Pro price and found out that buying one in US is almost $300 dollars cheaper ($799 to 879€).

T-thanks.
    Last edited by Cavox; 2018-04-17 at 07:25 AM.

Deleted
    That's why I don't by tokens and rather invest in cosmetics I can get my hands on. :3

Deleted
    What was the comp used by the winning team?

DLC: It's a change in player income, inflation has a different effect, although it can be mistaken for inflation.
    (hyper)inflation as described here happens because of a surge in available money. Prices will go up gradually, to general consumer goods (like flasks etc), but what we're seeing here is a luxury good.

What DLC describes happens for the following reason: Sellers on the market always target a certain customer base. There is always going to be a set of buyers looking for things other can't afford. If there is a surge of buyers suddenly able to afford a certain product, the price of that product has to go up, so it stays out of reach.

If players could spend 300 instead of 200 gold per day, the price of consumables would naturally go up by 50%.
    But with luxury goods (vanity items), the price is calculated on the % of people able to afford it. So if you want the top 10% of people being able to afford a pet or mount, the price has to be around 500.000 or more.

We can see this in the cost of "utility" mounts.
    The first one cost around 13.000 gold (The Traveller's tundra mammoth)
    The secnd one cost around 130.000 gold (The Grand Yak)
    and now a vanity mount costs around 500.000 gold (the Antoran robot)
    Last edited by Parhelion; 2018-04-17 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks for the economy lesson, Parhelion.

US so cute with their inflation problems while everyone is riding their 2M gold Spider mount in EU realms.

that DLC was funny!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    DLC: It's a change in player income, inflation has a different effect, although it can be mistaken for inflation.
    (hyper)inflation as described here happens because of a surge in available money. Prices will go up gradually, to general consumer goods (like flasks etc), but what we're seeing here is a luxury good.

What DLC describes happens for the following reason: Sellers on the market always target a certain customer base. There is always going to be a set of buyers looking for things other can't afford. If there is a surge of buyers suddenly able to afford a certain product, the price of that product has to go up, so it stays out of reach.

If players could spend 300 instead of 200 gold per day, the price of consumables would naturally go up by 50%.
    But with luxury goods (vanity items), the price is calculated on the % of people able to afford it. So if you want the top 10% of people being able to afford a pet or mount, the price has to be around 500.000 or more.

We can see this in the cost of "utility" mounts.
    The first one cost around 13.000 gold (The Traveller's tundra mammoth)
    The secnd one cost around 130.000 gold (The Grand Yak)
    and now a vanity mount costs around 500.000 gold (the Antoran robot)
    This is true, if Blizzard sets the price. In the AH, people probably try to estimate if they can sell an item for a specific price, of course limited by the character gold maximum. You probably also have to think about the server age and population numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    In the AH, people probably try to estimate if they can sell an item for a specific price
    Not neccessarily. In case of vanity items, the primary price driver is the general availability. Lets say you want to control the market for the Vial of the Sands (a craftable mount). Blizzard set the price anchor for vanity mounts at 500.000 gold in Legion. The current price of Vial of the Sands is 95.000-100.000. You can comfortably set the price to 350.000 gold (provided you buy out all the undercutters) and the mount will sell for that price. After a few months, people on a certain realm will accept that that's the new price. As the price is less than a server transfer or exactly a wow token cost, only people that happen to have 100k lying around on another AH realm group will be able to afford it for a cheaper price.
    From the introduction of tokens, it has very little to do with population or server age.
    Last edited by Parhelion; 2018-04-17 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    EU gets shafted by US companies all the time. We have to pay more sub, more for tokens. Lately I've been checking HTC Vive Pro price and found out that buying one in US is almost $300 dollars cheaper ($799 to 879€).

T-thanks.
    I mean, a lot of it has to do with international trade laws, tariffs and standards set by the EU. Also naturally if you're buying imports, it would be more expensive than if you buy from a company that's local. A lot of countries impose additional taxes on foreign companies to operate within their borders.

...also HTC is a Taiwanese company.

I wonder if they'll add Oceanic timezones to our servers to celebrate Arena Esports

I wonder if they will do the MDI in BFA as well