Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I would be soooo HYPE for mechagnomes

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    There's another race on Pandaria that could work as an allied race for the Horde. One that shares animations with an existing race and has models for both males as females, the Mogu. There are many different Mogu clans, maybe there are some that aren't as hostile as the main ones we fought. We already allied ourselves with the Zandalari, why not a Mogu clan as well?
    Mogu is really, really out there. Why would they want to join the Horde, why would they want to invite them, and the entire reason Hozen were mentioned is because they have an embassy in Zandalar.

    That's not even mentioning the fact that, despite that Mogu have had some female members, they literally eliminated having them when they uncursed themselves and are effectively a mono-gender race, which is not going to be very popular in and of itself. I can't see it working well, especially in the context of being a counterpart to the comparatively uninteresting Jinyu.

  3. #43
    Deleted
    Pretty fascinating. Mechagnomes could be a potentially awesome allied race, I imagine they'd have a more robotic (figuratively...), serious, comically "straight man" attitude to tinkering and engineering than regular gnomes.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    That's... like, I don't even know how to respond to this.

    Vulpera are literally the only race that aren't literally another version of a race already in game. To call 'lightforged draenei' half-assed because they are related to draenei, is ridiculous. I mean, you can call them out on not having developed lore and that's a valid reason, but I don't get this at all.

    Or are you just saying that nightborne, Kul Tirans, Zandalari, and Vulpera have some special animations instead of sharing virtually all of their animations with their given counterparts? I could kind of understand that, at least. Though I'd still disagree, personally.

    Allied races on principle are designed to be similar to existing races so as to limit the amount of work adding them to the game... so that they can add more of them. They aren't supposed to be brand new, but if you are suggesting you just want more variation, I could see that.
    Just look at all the work and uniqueness they are putting into dark iron, zandalari, KT, and Mag'har. They may have originally started as a fast way to pump out "sub races" but they have evolved past that point. Are you seriously telling me high mountain or Lightforged are the same quality as dark iron or zandalari?

  5. #45
    Could this be related to the blingatron text about the giant underground war?

    https://wow.gamepedia.com/The_War

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Just look at all the work and uniqueness they are putting into dark iron, zandalari, KT, and Mag'har. They may have originally started as a fast way to pump out "sub races" but they have evolved past that point. Are you seriously telling me high mountain or Lightforged are the same quality as dark iron or zandalari?
    Dark Iron are fairly simple and similar to the first 4 allied races, they just have a fire particle gimmick. The most "unique" one of them is Nightborne who just have new models and a new idle pose. There is nothing wrong with simple ARs if they are aesthetically unique.

    Mag'har is LITERALLY a bunch of old WoD character skins (+ a new blackrock one I think?) slapped on the Orc model with some new haircuts. What about them is "work" and "unique"? I like them, but they may be THE laziest Allied Race.

    Zandalari and Kul Tirans are the most special because they are the "superstars" of the expansion.

  7. #47
    Stood in the Fire Kemsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pandaria
    Posts
    396
    a Cyborg aesthethic and a racial that summons a gnomish warframe.... done sold out.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    a Cyborg aesthethic and a racial that summons a gnomish warframe.... done sold out.
    "Here's the Tinkers you've wanted" - Blizzard

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Just look at all the work and uniqueness they are putting into dark iron, zandalari, KT, and Mag'har. They may have originally started as a fast way to pump out "sub races" but they have evolved past that point. Are you seriously telling me high mountain or Lightforged are the same quality as dark iron or zandalari?
    I can't speak for highmountain, but I know that the lightforged have a lot of interesting customization with their tattoos, exaggerated horns (in a good way), and especially their badass beards. But to be fair, a lot of these things are features normal draenei should have by default. I'm a little biased towards void elf beards for the same reason, but they have enough interesting features to set them apart that I consider them 'okay' at least.

    Now don't get me wrong, Mag'har, Zandalari, and Kul Tirans are definitely on another level, but I just don't feel that some of the races you are quoting are atrocious. Their problem is with their lore, not so much their customization or uniqueness, even if it's not their strongest points.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    "Here's the Tinkers you've wanted" - Blizzard
    Nah, they are still coming. Tinkers aren't gnome-centric. Tinkers actually originated with goblins. I still believe it will be a playable class the next time they add one; I wasn't expecting it this expansion, but I do expect it in the next one. If anything, this implies that tinkers are a real possibility in the near future (IE, next expansion).

  10. #50
    I guess this means game over for sethrak, making the new combo mechagnomes vs. Vulpera

  11. #51
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Mogu is really, really out there. Why would they want to join the Horde, why would they want to invite them, and the entire reason Hozen were mentioned is because they have an embassy in Zandalar.
    The same reason the Zandalari Empire would join the Horde. Their power is fading and to prevent being completely relegated to the past, they seek powerful allies. The Zandalari themselves have had a generation-spanning alliance with the Mogu. As for why the Horde would want them? They're powerful and have knowledge of Titan technology. They seem a lot more useful to the Horde than say the Vulpera who are really just scavenging gypsies. The Horde is full of (former) bad guys that got a chance at redemption. Why not the Mogu?

    That's not even mentioning the fact that, despite that Mogu have had some female members, they literally eliminated having them when they uncursed themselves and are effectively a mono-gender race, which is not going to be very popular in and of itself. I can't see it working well, especially in the context of being a counterpart to the comparatively uninteresting Jinyu.
    The uncursing thing didn't stick, there are Zul-aligned Mogu in BfA that are humanoid again. We haven't even seen female Jinyu, so the fact that they exist at all for the Mogu gives them more chances. There were also rumours of more female mogu in the Pandaria story line, so maybe the one we'd ally with have more.

  12. #52
    Stood in the Fire Kemsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pandaria
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    "Here's the Tinkers you've wanted" - Blizzard
    you just made my day haahahahahh

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    The same reason the Zandalari Empire would join the Horde. Their power is fading and to prevent being completely relegated to the past, they seek powerful allies. The Zandalari themselves have had a generation-spanning alliance with the Mogu. As for why the Horde would want them? They're powerful and have knowledge of Titan technology. They seem a lot more useful to the Horde than say the Vulpera who are really just scavenging gypsies. The Horde is full of (former) bad guys that got a chance at redemption. Why not the Mogu?
    The issue is not that Mogu are too insigificant to join the Horde, it's rather that they are too significant to join the Horde. These are a major antagonistic race that almost everyone unanimously hates. Are they just suddenly going to become nice guys after 10,000 years or more of being ruthless conquerers, or common bandits at least? How could pandaren ever accept it? Mogu aren't looking for redemption; if they made it so they were, it would be a major retcon at worst and a dramatic story change out of nowhere at best. It's more like, they realize they are hopeless and are desperate to join a faction so they don't just get wiped out or fade away into obscurity... and why would the Horde want to invite them on that logic, especially when they hate them to begin with?

    The uncursing thing didn't stick, there are Zul-aligned Mogu in BfA that are humanoid again. We haven't even seen female Jinyu, so the fact that they exist at all for the Mogu gives them more chances. There were also rumours of more female mogu in the Pandaria story line, so maybe the one we'd ally with have more.
    I'm just saying the story doesn't currently support it, they'd have to make up even more lore to make it fit. It's a lot of work.

    In short, they would be impractical to implement (mechanically), unlikely to be remotely considered (in lore), they have little to offer, and they are too special to be practical.

    I'm definitely curious about those 'zul-aligned Mogu in BfA', as that could make it slightly less impossible, but it doesn't even remotely make it likely. The interest for playable mogu really isn't there to begin with, this is literally the first time I've ever seen anyone ask them to be playable.

  14. #54
    When you say "new", do you refer to the place or the gnome quest giver? Because the scrapyard has been there for a long time. I didn't find that gnome there then though.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    When you say "new", do you refer to the place or the gnome quest giver? Because the scrapyard has been there for a long time. I didn't find that gnome there then though.
    I say new because it's new for the expansion. They also keep adding new models/textures to the area.

  16. #56
    As a horde player, I'd be very happy to see more Gnome content, and not just as punting material. I kinda love Gnomes. They're crazy, they're smart, and they have just the sort of individualistic egos that I can respect as a primarily Forsaken player.

  17. #57
    Data Monster Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    FL, United States
    Posts
    10,305
    Assuming allied race is a huge leap from capitalization because map names are almost always capitalized. Beyond that looking for consistent capitalization from Blizzard is dangerous.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I guess this means game over for sethrak, making the new combo mechagnomes vs. Vulpera
    I wouldn't say so. The San'layn suddenly poking their heads out gives another possible pair. It could easily become them plus junker gnomes while Sethrak pair with the Vulpera.

  19. #59
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vineland, Cumberland, NJ, USA
    Posts
    4,985
    So, semi-mech styled gnomes? Junker Gnomes?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    I wouldn't say so. The San'layn suddenly poking their heads out gives another possible pair. It could easily become them plus junker gnomes while Sethrak pair with the Vulpera.
    But the Vulpera befriend the Horde players. Sethrak are assholes and dont have any positive interaction with either race. So, i dont see how that would work.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    So, semi-mech styled gnomes? Junker Gnomes?

    - - - Updated - - -

    But the Vulpera befriend the Horde players. Sethrak are assholes and dont have any positive interaction with either race. So, i dont see how that would work.
    Not particularly. There is a "good" sect of Sethrak who are helpful and work with both Alliance and Horde.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •