View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3rd Faction added

8 29.63%
  • No Factions at all

12 44.44%
  • Same old 2 factions

7 25.93%

3rd Faction or No Factions?

Just wondering what people's thoughts are. Some are predicting a 3rd faction with Sylvannas' Horde. Some are predicting factions will just be removed, and it will be something more guild wars-ish.

Of course it could just stay the same. BfA was all about getting back the the faction war roots of WoW... however that seems to be failing miserably, with Horde dominating anything PvP related as usual...

Which one would you prefer?

There's no possible way to fix the PVE Mythic Guid imbalance in the current state. If you want to be semi-serious about raiding, you don't roll alliance. Only way to fix it is to either provide buffs to the gimped faction (Alliance) or remove factions alltogether. You see them going the buff route for PVP war mode, so maybe they will do the same in PVE.

Deleted
    I'm an Alliance die hard since vanilla, if they merge factions, I'm done with the game. I know there is a vocal group of people who want to end the factions system, but there's just as many (if not more) people who actually have faction pride. Third faction could be cool but I just don't see it being implemented properly.

I've been Alliance pretty much exclusively since Vanilla. Never had a Horde character at max level. But I would be ok with "no factions". If you look at the history of WoW and how everything has gotten more and more stream-lined, it is the logical step to take sometime in the future.

Time to remove factions
    time to remove monks
    time to remove lfr
    time to remove arena
    time to remove lfd
    time to remove wod revamped models
    time to remove eastern kingdom and kalimdor

anyone who wants these are purely nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    I've been Alliance pretty much exclusively since Vanilla. Never had a Horde character at max level. But I would be ok with "no factions". If you look at the history of WoW and how everything has gotten more and more stream-lined, it is the logical step to take sometime in the future.
    yea more homogenization. great idea! /s

considering thats what got the game into the state its in.

Quote Originally Posted by RussW210 View Post
    Only way to fix it is to either provide buffs to the gimped faction (Alliance) or remove factions alltogether.
    Buffing one faction won't solve anything, in "best" case scenario, it'll make the opposite faction dominant, in worst case scenario, this buff will be completely ignored by the playerbase.

As long as there's 2 factions, 1 faction will always be dominating in one or all aspects of the game.

-- edit #1

And anyone who thinks that adding the 3rd faction is a good idea is delusional, I assume, they didn't play MMOs back in the day when games w/ 3+ factions at war were more common, so they don't know how bad it was.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-11-03 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    yea more homogenization. great idea! /s

considering thats what got the game into the state its in.
    I didnt say it was a good idea. Its just the logical one.