Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

Gladiator Mounts in BfA

With the upcoming changes to rating in BfA, a big question looms overhead, should gladiator mounts be awarded to everyone who achieves the rank of gladiator in 3v3?

To recap changes in the most basic form, once you hit 2400 in 3v3 your in game rank will be listed as gladiator, the newer updated system is going to start acting like an elo system with how ranks are distributed. You have to fight through brackets, with your rank increasing all the way up to 2400+ which is now listed as "gladiator".

Blizzard has stated that "mounts will still be awarded to to individuals at the top of the bracket" but is this system outdated as well? Mounts being awarded to the top .5% of the bracket limits the amount of players receiving them to an insanely small number, with the same players, on multiple toons often getting the reward. In any competitive game it is hard to hold the general player base to the same standard as professional players who are paid to play the game all day. If they were to allow all players who receive 2400+ rating in get the mount for the season, it would still be very rare, but it would be a more fair system. It would also encourage high ranked play if the moment you hit 2400 the mount gets mailed to you. Often, players who are not professional get a high rank and stop playing so they can get the mount, a newer revised system would combat this.

The problem of professional players having multiple glad toons every season also dilutes the amount of players getting the glad mount, and with the amount of art assets that go into the mounts, it seems a little stupid that the same 30 players getting the mounts every season is still a thing in 2018.

That’s why they are gladiator mounts, so that only the top % of players get them. Glad mounts are fine how they are, if you want one, work for it and git gud.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    That’s why they are gladiator mounts, so that only the top % of players get them. Glad mounts are fine how they are, if you want one, work for it and git gud.
    I don't think changing the standard for the mounts to 2400 rating in 3v3 is "lowering standards", its making them realistic. If they wanted to simply make the reward a title, or something that doesn't require significant resources to create that's fine, but you don't see mythic mounts disappearing once the next raid is released. These rewards are gone forever, and 99.99999% of the player base has absolutely no chance of getting one. I'm a multiple duelist, I have every raid mount with the exception of that stupid green mount off guldan, all my mounts will be attainable by anyone next xpac, I will never be able to get any of the glad mounts that have already been release. Seem like a good system to you?

Also, when I'm queuing and every other game is against a pro team, on their 84906846 characters, it gets a little old, crazy my job and responsibilities get in the way of my 16 hour daily grind lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    With the upcoming changes to rating in BfA, a big question looms overhead, should gladiator mounts be awarded to everyone who achieves the rank of gladiator in 3v3?

To recap changes in the most basic form, once you hit 2400 in 3v3 your in game rank will be listed as gladiator, the newer updated system is going to start acting like an elo system with how ranks are distributed. You have to fight through brackets, with your rank increasing all the way up to 2400+ which is now listed as "gladiator".

Blizzard has stated that "mounts will still be awarded to to individuals at the top of the bracket" but is this system outdated as well? Mounts being awarded to the top .5% of the bracket limits the amount of players receiving them to an insanely small number, with the same players, on multiple toons often getting the reward. In any competitive game it is hard to hold the general player base to the same standard as professional players who are paid to play the game all day. If they were to allow all players who receive 2400+ rating in get the mount for the season, it would still be very rare, but it would be a more fair system. It would also encourage high ranked play if the moment you hit 2400 the mount gets mailed to you. Often, players who are not professional get a high rank and stop playing so they can get the mount, a newer revised system would combat this.

The problem of professional players having multiple glad toons every season also dilutes the amount of players getting the glad mount, and with the amount of art assets that go into the mounts, it seems a little stupid that the same 30 players getting the mounts every season is still a thing in 2018.
    You know what the saddest part about it is ? there will be such a large chasm between BFA glad and actual R1 , imagine with standard inflation R1 being between 2.9-3k depending on season, having a 500-600 CR gap between glad and R1 is going to destroy the actual meaning of the title ( not that it has the same prestige as older expansions but still ).

To better describe my point, imagine if I placed the gladiator bracket at 1.5k and nothing above it until R1 ( let's say 3k ~ ) , the 2.4k bracket might not be as vast but it's basically duelist in legion, if they don't have another bracket between 2.4 and 3k it's going to make bfa pvp even worse than legion.

PvP participation is quite low for a variety of reasons, maybe making the mounts more accessible would intice more ppl to try pvp.

I think there should be more rewards for the lower ranked players. Not a mount,but something less important(cosmetic etc.). In which case a r1 gladiator would get all of the rewards.

Deleted
    They have to change something, or mythic dungeons will take over

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinal0ne View Post
    They have to change something, or mythic dungeons will take over
    What? Obvious troll, but what?

Deleted
    Not troll. Look at mdi invitational views vs pvp tournaments...

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinal0ne View Post
    Not troll. Look at mdi invitational views vs pvp tournaments...
    OHHH take over, yeah I agree the MDI has crazy viewership (100k+ on all platforms) vs the 10k pvp gets. It is sad, just wait until blizzard introduces a ladder for mythic dungeons and makes mounts for the top .5% lol, that shit will be played at insane levels. PvP needs help big time, I seriously love pvp, but I can understand it being super out of reach of the player base. Most people will never even get to 1550 in 3s, let alone the 2600+ for a mount, or even 2k for appearances.

3s needs WAY more rewards, it just isnt cutting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I think a matchmaking single queue system for rated 3s would probably drum up popularity, but I never see that happening since pvp is so insanely comp based.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me they should restructure how all of the high end pvp rewards works. I don’t do rated pvp as most of the time the elite armour’s or glad mounts don’t interest me. They should make it so if you get x rating you get a token then add a vender so you can pick from any of the elite sets/mounts. High end pvp rewards just kinda suck as they are now and the fact that you can’t get any of the old rewards kill my interest in it.

The current system is absolutely fine (with respect to Glad/R1 cutoff being high), when you consider rating inflation, simply awarding anyone who is in the 2400+ bracket a Gladiator mount would result in a massive increase in gladiator mounts awarded, and I wouldn't be surprised if I saw win-trading becoming a thing. With that being said, I would like to see more rewards for stepping stone ratings, e.g. 1750, 2100, 2500, 2600 etc.

Regardless, watering down the prestigious nature of being a Gladiator / R1 IMO is not a good idea, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel like shit hitting 2900+ rating, missing R1 and having nothing to show for it.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st