Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The BfA PvP talents just gives us the illusion of choice...

It's basically just a straight up nerf from Legion. At least in Legion we can choose from 6 talents, in BfA it's only 4.

On top of that, you really only have 3 to play around with since the top one is just like we have on live with the 3 CC breaker choices.

So that leaves us 3 to choose from the pool. Well, so far every class I've played pretty much uses the 3 best talents from the pool at all times. Maybe there's 1 you can switch depending on whether you are going against a caster or melee team, but for the most part, you just stick with the 3 best ones.

For instance, for my Veng DH, I'm GOING TO GET DEMONIC TRAMPLE. Always. That is just a given. There is just no scenario where I wouldn't want this godly catch up/get away ability. I'll also want my Infernal Crash snare since I have no other snares (the DS snare talent is trash for PvP and you'll always want to go for longer ranged leap with shorter CD talent). The 3rd talent, I can get Solitude if I'm out doors doing WPvP solo or maybe cleansed by fire/Jagged Spikes if I'm fighting casters or melees. That's it. All the other talents are TRAAAAAAAAAAASH.

Same with my WW. the FoF stun is MANDATORY. Grapple Weapon is MANDATORY. The 3rd slot you can play with a bit, maybe. You're still gonna want to get Disabling Reach for like 90% of instances, but I can see maybe switching to Fort Brew for some. Rest are TRAAAAAAAAAAASH.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m fine with it, picking 3 I like is better then having extra rows of things I didn’t care about.

knows absolutely nothing about pvp, or even about pvp talents -> comments about them
    1 of the 6 choices was trinket, so we have 5 choices.
    1 of the other 5 choices was guaranteed passive (with very few exceptions) - defender, 10% health, vim, parry, this kind of shit. only a few specific specs had stuff like inner focus (holy priest), divine favor (holy paladin) and uhhhhh.... anything I'm missing? just those 2? oh well, we'll still be able to pick them but honestly they're not that game breaking, and if they were to be included in the GCD we would never be picking them anyway.
    some rows had 3 useless shit.

First two rows of the current PvP talents are always the same aswell.

So what your post essentially boils down to is that you think final numbers passes are already done and that the current state of the talents is exactly as they are going to be when the game goes live, therefore it's an "illusion of choice".

Uh, thanks, I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    So what your post essentially boils down to is that you think final numbers passes are already done and that the current state of the talents is exactly as they are going to be when the game goes live, therefore it's an "illusion of choice".

Uh, thanks, I guess?
    Irrelevant, there will ALWAYS be 3 best talents that you're going to be taking. It's the same shit we have with PvE talents and same shit we have now with PvP talents.

They can give us a pool of 100 talents, but we'll end up only using the 3 best ones.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    The very least they can do is increase it to 4 slots.

They should just be baseline most were just passives anyways.

7+ Year Old Account
    Same like the beloved Vanilla talents just gave us the illusion of choice... But psssst, don't let the militant vocal minority hear about that

10+ Year Old Account
    In legion we have 3^6 = 729 pvp talent combination to choose from.

In BfA we'll have 12*11*10*3 = 3960.

Yeah I think most Rogues will choose Smokebomb as an example but there is room for variation with this new system. The obvious downside is that you lose an additional talent choice you had in Legion. But at least with the new talent system you can pick more active talents instead of having a choice between all passives.

What bothers me more is why even have PVP talents when a lot of this abilities should be baseline? Like I am doing quests with warmode on using Smoke Bomb and DFA and I am like wouldn't this make PVE interesting again?

Also, wouldn't this make PVE players angry to know to play unpruned classes for BFA they have to turn on warmode?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrallinor View Post
    Same like the beloved Vanilla talents just gave us the illusion of choice... But psssst, don't let the militant vocal minority hear about that
    Shhh... let them pretend they're all special snowflakes with access to different class guides than everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Talk about illusion

Something's not quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Talk about illusion
    Talk about s'mores when I don't have any of the things to make them.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yeah I think most Rogues will choose Smokebomb as an example but there is room for variation with this new system. The obvious downside is that you lose an additional talent choice you had in Legion. But at least with the new talent system you can pick more active talents instead of having a choice between all passives.

What bothers me more is why even have PVP talents when a lot of this abilities should be baseline? Like I am doing quests with warmode on using Smoke Bomb and DFA and I am like wouldn't this make PVE interesting again?

Also, wouldn't this make PVE players angry to know to play unpruned classes for BFA they have to turn on warmode?
    They never thought of that because they are too busy being smug about how "Over geared/leveled n00bs cant gank them anymore"

As mm Hunter i can have scatter shot and explosive trap at the same time, so much better then legion system!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    They never thought of that because they are too busy being smug about how "Over geared/leveled n00bs cant gank them anymore"
    Well current discussion is overwhelming talking about allied races but once the class design for Battle for Abilities hits live servers like a sledgehammer hopefully PVE players realize that the discussion needs to shift away from allied races and onto the expansion class design itself. Class design is going to surprise people in a really bad way because there isn't enough dissent toward it at the moment. But like always it requires the reality aka patch to hit for people to shift gears it seems.

I did a bit of warmode and I am like...why would anyone want to quest doing mind numbing simple 3-4 DPS button rotation when you can turn on warmode and you have access to Shadowy Duel, Smoke Bomb, Shiv, Creeping Venom, Dismantle, etc for questing ?

I have said this before...but it will take PVE players complaining about warmode for the unpruning to happen haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    As mm Hunter i can have scatter shot and explosive trap at the same time, so much better then legion system!
    Not only that but you can use it out in the world doing world quests!

If PVE players learn of this they are going to riot haha.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Well current discussion is overwhelming talking about allied races but once the class design for Battle for Abilities hits live servers like a sledgehammer hopefully PVE players realize that the discussion needs to shift away from allied races and onto the expansion class design itself. Class design is going to surprise people in a really bad way because there isn't enough dissent toward it at the moment. But like always it requires the reality aka patch to hit for people to shift gears it seems.

I did a bit of warmode and I am like...why would anyone want to quest doing mind numbing simple 3-4 DPS button rotation when you can turn on warmode and you have access to Shadowy Duel, Smoke Bomb, Shiv, Creeping Venom, Dismantle, etc for questing ?

I have said this before...but it will take PVE players complaining about warmode for the unpruning to happen haha.
    Yeah the allied races taking up 99% of the converstation is a problem. Once people are happy with their toons then what? Theres very little content races offer outside of making a new toon, which if you already have your toons sorted its essentially no content at all and its the majority of content coming with BFA.

People will start to panic a bit and get more vocal but thats when blizzard interveres with a "we're listening" Ion/Lore community manager Q&A special where they promise to look into classes for a future patch and keep people subbed waiting for their turn at changes. That might take all expansion or not even come at all and they just give some love to,

Brewmaster monk
    Frost DK
    Unholy Dk
    Havoc DH

and they call it a day till the next "beta"

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    That's right. One of the best if not the best thing about BfA is that 1200 rated scrubs with 950+ ilvl won't be able to one shot my sub 900 ilvl alts. Fck them.
    When you are bad you should feel bad, you don't deserve free wind just because you outgear anyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    That's right. One of the best if not the best thing about BfA is that 1200 rated scrubs with 950+ ilvl won't be able to one shot my sub 900 ilvl alts. Fck them.
    When you are bad you should feel bad, you don't deserve free wind just because you outgear anyone.
    Ratchet and Clank has no one in the game to gank you, should give it a go, might enjoy it more than a MMO

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like some of the specific talent changes but the system on the whole is better, IMO

Ratchet and Clank has no one in the game to gank you, should give it a go, might enjoy it more than a MMO
    In that guys defense, Ratchet and Clank, like nearly everything Sony produces, is hot garbage.