Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    The buffs I speak of are the buffs given to the orc racials I keep seeing pop up on mmo-champ. (It's orc or troll...)

Highmountain Tauren get a knock-down charge, and a 0.5% reduction in damage taken (via the 1% versatility buff), plus Rugged Tenacity, reducing damage taken by level*3. The damage mitigation from racials alone make HM Tauren the best tanks.
    You realize how pathetic reducing damage by 3x level is(although wowhead claims it's 60 x stamina x 0.0003, which is very slightly better), right? Reducing a multi-million hit by 330 doesn't noticeably matter. It's primarily a flavor racial.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The issue of racials is historic, not present. Not that the Horde did not have the superior racials again in Legion but the fact that they have historically had better racials bled raiders to the Horde since TBC (in Vanilla Alliance was unequivocably superior) with perhaps MoP being a turning point for the population (when the class design favoring burst for many specs made Berserk stronger than some class cooldowns). In practice when it comes to high end pve the Horde has a much more skilled population and deep recruitment pool. So you no longer prefer Horde for the racials (which can change in a dime), you prefer Horde for the recruitment pool (which is far less likely to change). It would take several expansions of the Alliance having blatantly OP racials for enough skilled people to bleed to the other side and balance the game.

Heck pragmatically the raiding scene is HEALTHIER if everyone picks the same faction.
    Not just that, MoP also had a number of Beast bosses, so trolls just got 5% extra damage.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    You realize how pathetic reducing damage by 3x level is(although wowhead claims it's 60 x stamina x 0.0003, which is very slightly better), right? Reducing a multi-million hit by 330 doesn't noticeably matter. It's primarily a flavor racial.
    You realize the multi million hit will be several thousand in BfA?

I doubt it... there are just to many titles that they are not really coveted rewards any longer. Mounts are nearing the same point. You mostly raid for the experience or if high enough the gold

Wow suffers quite a bit with oversaturation of rewards.

360 in BFA, and mobs won't be hitting for millions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It's troll, and that buff was only there because they put a gcd on it, so it wasn't even a buff.

But they removed the gcd and the buff. So your buff doesn't exist.

And no, vers isn't the only stat that tanks get damage mitigation from. It is not the best tank for all tanks. And for all tanks you can argue other races as the best.

But yes, what Lahis said is right, but that isn't because of current racials, the move over happened in the past when horde racials were stronger, and now it's just silly to go back to alliance.
    What other races even have racials that benefit tanks, though, aside from regular Tauren? (In a raw mitigation sense, not haste or crit.) Yeah Vers isn't best for all tanks, but it's still more than other race tanks get.

What other races even have racials that benefit tanks, though, aside from regular Tauren? (In a raw mitigation sense, not haste or crit.) Yeah Vers isn't best for all tanks, but it's still more than other race tanks get.
    I mean aside from regular tauren, which is a strong one, why are you discrediting haste/crit? Raw mitigation isn't by default best mitigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Dark Iron dwarves with Physical damage reduction.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You realize the multi million hit will be several thousand in BfA?
    Yes, and the racial will also reduce it by much less. As in at 110 in beta, it reduces damage taken by 6(10 in bear form)

- - - Updated - - -

So what you're saying is that it magically goes from reducing damage taken by 6 at 110 to reducing it by 360 at 120? It's 0.018 * base stamina(seemingly including modifiers like bear form), just like Wowhead says. It's not a relevant racial when deciding which race to tank with.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-05-23 at 12:13 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yes, and the racial will also reduce it by much less. As in at 110 in beta, it reduces damage taken by 6(10 in bear form)

- - - Updated - - -

So what you're saying is that it magically goes from reducing damage taken by 6 at 110 to reducing it by 360 at 120? It's 0.018 * base stamina(seemingly including modifiers like bear form), just like Wowhead says. It's not a relevant racial when deciding which race to tank with.
    Wait when did they change it to Reduces damage taken by (Stamina * 0.0003 * 60)? Well. That got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I mean aside from regular tauren, which is a strong one, why are you discrediting haste/crit? Raw mitigation isn't by default best mitigation.
    Because haste and crit indirectly contribute. You need to be actively using abilities, and if stunned or some such, it'll hit for more if you lack outright passive mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Dark Iron dwarves with Physical damage reduction.
    Well, that's comparable to the vers one to be fair. 1% phys damage reduction to 0.5% phys and magic damage reduction.

Wait when did they change it to Reduces damage taken by (Stamina * 0.0003 * 60)? Well. That got nerfed.

Because haste and crit indirectly contribute. You need to be actively using abilities, and if stunned or some such, it'll hit for more if you lack outright passive mitigation.

Well, that's comparable to the vers one to be fair. 1% phys damage reduction to 0.5% phys and magic damage reduction.
    No idea when it got changed(or if it was ever based on level rather than base stamina), but at no point was it a relevant racial when picking your race.
    It doesn't matter if the stats "directly" or "indirectly" contribute(as you call it), all that matters is which stat is best.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    If you're the world 1000th guild, it does not matter if you are alliance top 5, you are still 1000th.

You aren't a tank are you? In raids you never get stunned, while still having to tank. It's unbelievably rare.
    So yeah, you're actively using your abilities.

You're overvaluing vers and undervaluing other stats, idk what to say mate, maybe have a look into tanks and what each spec is looking for?

You need somewhat of a balance, you need high ehp and you need other stats, it doesn't matter which your race is (between the non-terrible ones, lul nightborne), because gear balances it out in another way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primemrip View Post
    My guild is so excited we can't wait! That title is totally worth the faction and potential server transfer!! /s

- - - Updated - - -

Why should cool stuff lose value?

Well, why does cool stuff need to be exclusive? Isn't the title cool cause of the actual title and isn't a mount cool cause it looks awesome? Or do you only think they are cool cause they are rare?

I think the actual title/mount's "coolness" is enough. A cool mount, lets say Invincible from the Lich King, NEVER lose value cause it's so amazing looking. They could add it to a vendor for 1 copper and it would still be awesome.

That things lose value is just an elitistic idea that I don't think belong in gaming. Cool cause it's rare is wrong.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well, why does cool stuff need to be exclusive? Isn't the title cool cause of the actual title and isn't a mount cool cause it looks awesome? Or do you only think they are cool cause they are rare?

I think the actual title/mount's "coolness" is enough. A cool mount, lets say Invincible from the Lich King, NEVER lose value cause it's so amazing looking. They could add it to a vendor for 1 copper and it would still be awesome.

That things lose value is just an elitistic idea that I don't think belong in gaming. Cool cause it's rare is wrong.
    It being rare/exclusive adds to the coolness. Would Death's Demise be a cool title if it was still available? Sure, but it wouldn't be as cool, because it would no longer show that you did something impressive. Just like Gladiator titles show that you were good at PvP at one point. You don't need to get every cosmetic thing in the game without putting in effort while they're current. If you refuse to put in the required effort, you won't get everything in the game, that's just how collecting things works.
    In the case of the Alliance title in BfA you don't even need to be in a particularly good guild. Top100 Alliance is like top400 world currently, so with more guilds going Horde, that'll just get even easier to achieve.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    It being rare/exclusive adds to the coolness. Would Death's Demise be a cool title if it was still available? Sure, but it wouldn't be as cool, because it would no longer show that you did something impressive. Just like Gladiator titles show that you were good at PvP at one point. You don't need to get every cosmetic thing in the game without putting in effort while they're current. If you refuse to put in the required effort, you won't get everything in the game, that's just how collecting things works.
    In the case of the Alliance title in BfA you don't even need to be in a particularly good guild. Top100 Alliance is like top400 world currently, so with more guilds going Horde, that'll just get even easier to achieve.
    Well, as I can understand it ADDS to the coolness, I still don't agree with it. I rather see everything avaliable to everyone at some point down the road. The extra coolness you get from exclusive things is fine if it's for 1 expansion, but when the next expansion comes, open it up to the general public. An expansion last about 2 years, so those 2 years is enough for those who want that little extra bragness.

I think it's a win-win situation. Top raiders get a temporary really exclusive title and collectors get it later on. And since they keep adding cool stuff, the top raiders will always be 1 expansion ahead with NEW cool stuff, that eventually becomes non-exclusive.

Death's Demise WAS cool when it was active and the joy or whatever elitists feel of having it during WotLK should been enough, with Cataclysm, they should have added another way to get it for everyone. The feeling of knowing that you had that title when it was current should be enough.

I have considered quitting many times because there are so much stuff I can't get as a collector, and if they keep adding stuff that I can't get (with my IRL life, I know I can technically get it) then I don't know how long I can stand the game, and I can't be alone.
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Well, as I can understand it ADDS to the coolness, I still don't agree with it. I rather see everything avaliable to everyone at some point down the road. The extra coolness you get from exclusive things is fine if it's for 1 expansion, but when the next expansion comes, open it up to the general public. An expansion last about 2 years, so those 2 years is enough for those who want that little extra bragness.

I think it's a win-win situation. Top raiders get a temporary really exclusive title and collectors get it later on. And since they keep adding cool stuff, the top raiders will always be 1 expansion ahead with NEW cool stuff, that eventually becomes non-exclusive.

Death's Demise WAS cool when it was active and the joy or whatever elitists feel of having it during WotLK should been enough, with Cataclysm, they should have added another way to get it for everyone. The feeling of knowing that you had that title when it was current should be enough.

I have considered quitting many times because there are so much stuff I can't get as a collector, and if they keep adding stuff that I can't get (with my IRL life, I know I can technically get it) then I don't know how long I can stand the game, and I can't be alone.
    Death's Demise still maintains that coolness due to being hard to get, a decade later, because it stayed exclusive. Compare that to the Algalon titles, which definitely didn't, because you can still get them. It's not the same. And there isn't "so much stuff" you can't get as a collector, get over yourself. There's a select few things from each expansion. Knowing you got it when it was impressive is great and all, but being able to go through a capital city and see somebody with Death's Demise makes them look cool, because of the implications of that title. There's way too little of that in the current game, if anything. Being able to recognize cool stuff people did in the past.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Death's Demise still maintains that coolness due to being hard to get, a decade later, because it stayed exclusive. Compare that to the Algalon titles, which definitely didn't, because you can still get them. It's not the same. And there isn't "so much stuff" you can't get as a collector, get over yourself. There's a select few things from each expansion. Knowing you got it when it was impressive is great and all, but being able to go through a capital city and see somebody with Death's Demise makes them look cool, because of the implications of that title. There's way too little of that in the current game, if anything. Being able to recognize cool stuff people did in the past.
    There are hundreds of unobtainable things, Feat of Strenght mostly, and mostly PvP titles/achivs from previous seasons etc. Also many mounts, titles, xmog, even pets. They even retired some reputations. I played since vanilla and got most stuff, but as a new player, or rather as a new collector-playstyle player, how do you even get the energy to start collecting stuff when there is so much you missed.

There are hundreds of unobtainable things, Feat of Strenght mostly, and mostly PvP titles/achivs from previous seasons etc. Also many mounts, titles, xmog, even pets. They even retired some reputations. I played since vanilla and got most stuff, but as a new player, or rather as a new collector-playstyle player, how do you even get the energy to start collecting stuff when there is so much you missed.
    Maybe by starting with everything currently available, instead of complaining before having 100% of currently available stuff. Or maybe realize that WoW is not built to cater to your playstyle to the point where other people aren't allowed cool stuff as rewards for impressive feats.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    No, recruiting players for mythic raiding on the Alliance side is a nightmare. Hell, complete opposite has happened, like 20% of Alliance 11/11M guilds are going Horde for BfA because it's easier to get new members there. Also they are all going on 3 realms, speaking about EU ones, didn't check other regions, so that's even more realm imbalance.

There's no solution to this problem anymore, Blizzard fucked everything up when they gave the Horde overpowered racials (Arcane Torrent and Berserkering). Even if they delete them, it won't change anything, because the raiding community is all Horde anyways, and no one is going to pay thousands just so they can transfer their guild to Alliance for fun.

Everyone went horde cause they had better racials for raiding specially the trolls haste buff and they just stuck there