Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Classes you'd like to see post-BFA

Since BFA is the new race expansion we likely wont be getting a new class until the next one. My question is which class would you like to see added?

The way I see it is we are long overdue for another mail armor class. Currently we have:

Plate classes - 3
    Mail classes - 2
    Leather classes - 4
    Cloth classes - 3

Clearly a bit imbalanced in terms of equality. My suggestion for a WoW lore class would be Wardens. A mail armored wearing stealth class. They should have both a melee and ranged spec. I foresee them as primarily DPS, but pure dps classes dont seem to jive with Blizzard's design philosophy these days.

Other lore classes were missing could include:
    Shadow Hunters
    Witch Doctors
    Dark Rangers
    Mixologists

i figure they will add some kind of dragon themed class eventually. people really like dragons you know. plus with all their dragon lore to draw from they can make them any role they want

Wardens would be cool, but they would have to do a bit to keep it from being DH pt 2, or from being a weird rogue-hunter hybrid.

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

tinkers, only tinkers, if anything
    they'd wear mail armor most likely

7+ Year Old Account
    anything that isnt melee.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    tinkers, only tinkers, if anything
    they'd wear mail armor most likely
    I forgot about them... that would be a great idea.

While I also doubt Blizzard's ability to balance classes or keep every spec interesting, there are two classes that I want to see, tinker and a class that uses blood magic, now I know there's blood death knight, but I'm talking about Mogu, Bleeding Hollow and blood troll type of blood magic, which is altering the physical body for fighting, we can throw in some vampire stuff if San'layn is going to be a thing (though I rather not have another elf).

Lore class like wardens or shadow hunter would be nice, but they are too niche for just one race, I would rather they give us more glyphs or cosmetic effect for classes base on different races.

Deleted
    remove mail - reclassify all types of armor as either Heavy/Medium/Light

distribute the 12 classes accordingly.

That would be better - but I'd say a mail class would be next and I'd love to see either Warden or Spellbreaker types. Seems more likely to be another spec though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    anything that isnt melee.
    And leather.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I've been thinking this recently, too.

Even the Leatherworking profession largely accepts that mail and leather fall into the same "medium" category.

The biggest issue, obviously, is that it would dramatically increase competition for individual loot drops. I'm not sure if that would be countered by the higher volume of usable drops per player, but I suspect it probably could be.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker, wearing mail with ranged dps spec.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Since Wration was introduces I felt like we would get a Dragon Knight class at some point, he even could be mail! But yeah, we will see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Rangers for blood elves, void elves and undead, please. None of the Alliance races before the void elves would have really fit the aesthetic of the dark rangers, but now the Ren'dorei represent an opportunity to give both factions access to the class I think.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post

distribute the 12 classes accordingly.

That would be better - but I'd say a mail class would be next and I'd love to see either Warden or Spellbreaker types. Seems more likely to be another spec though
    I have been thinking about exact same thing some time ago. Current armor classifying doesn't make sense.

i would like to see a class that is simmilar to D3 demon hunter, that uses traps, turrets, explosives, pets and some other gadgets (but i guess it would fit more as a hunter spec than an actuall class)

After seeing how the inclusion of Demon Hunters hurt the game (especially Demonology Warlocks) I can't really say that I'm eager to see fancy "new" classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    None

With the design philosophy since cata every specs is KINDA its own class anways means there is like 36 classes right now and they never ever manage to not cuck up the balance one expansion, which means they are not capable of balancing more
    Which is exactly why they should just release whatever classes players might want since the game hasn't been and will never be balanced.

On topic: Bards.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Since BFA is the new race expansion we likely wont be getting a new class until the next one. My question is which class would you like to see added?

The way I see it is we are long overdue for another mail armor class. Currently we have:

Plate classes - 3
    Mail classes - 2
    Leather classes - 4
    Cloth classes - 3

Clearly a bit imbalanced in terms of equality. My suggestion for a WoW lore class would be Wardens. A mail armored wearing stealth class. They should have both a melee and ranged spec. I foresee them as primarily DPS, but pure dps classes dont seem to jive with Blizzard's design philosophy these days.

Other lore classes were missing could include:
    Shadow Hunters
    Witch Doctors
    Dark Rangers
    Mixologists
    Rule #1: Class must be tied to expansion.
    Rule #2: It must be well known and sell the expansion - I think they learned it after Monk fiasco (class is good, but very unpopular).
    Rule #3: It must be hero class, otherwise they would have to do extra work with Legion content for that class.

So I think next class will be either Tinker or Necromancer. If next expac will be about Azeroth's awakening - Tinker (but more titan themed variation), if about Bolvar - Necromancer.

For sure we won't see less popular classes. Imagine 8.0 reveal:

"New class: Mixologist"
    <crowd goes wild>

.. no, it won't happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Not only a false assumption but also some really fucked up logic. I disagree
    It is neither of those things but disagree away friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove Mail and make everything mail into leather or something...

OT: I only want Necromancer, but alas, I doubt they'll ever be added. It's the only class I want however.