Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

is it normal to get angry/frustrated when loosing in PVP?

I am asking, because I am not that type of person that gets angry in irl life, but loosing in pvp gets the worse of me, regarding anger. I don't punch walls, but sometimes swear and just quit Wow for a day or two. Hows your reactions ?

10+ Year Old Account
    It never gets to me, been playing MMO's with PvP for too long.

Look at it this way. Every time you step into a BG etc, half of those people are going to lose. Its all part of the game. Just queue up again or go and hunt another target down.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

in a game where you can do as little a difference as in wow bg's and where you can be cc'ed for 10 seconds straight from 100%-0% hp then yea, yes it is very normal.
    We humans have to stick together

yeah, when i see people keyboard turning etc etc

When I'm on a losing streak in a PvP game, I don't really "rage" so much as get depressed and quit.

It never gets to me because I'm so bad at PvP I expect to lose. When I win I get happy, though .

Its OK to get angry, but not too much since its still just a game. Whenever I PvP, I like to try and win or get a close game as often as possible. It makes a game fun when overcoming a challenge, PvP even more so. But when my team is normally losing they either give up every or just underperform cause they lost their morale, and starts taking it out on teammates. That just makes me disappointed, not to the team but to the game as a whole. I know that my group can overcome anything when they work together as a team, but in the end the players just don't care enough to try and play once they begin to lose.

And I mostly solo PvP as alliance. Horde is my main faction and all, but long BG queues and guaranteed victories all the time just bores the hell out of me. So I made ally alts to keep things fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's really nothing to get upset about in WoW PvP, win or lose. Sure, some classes may be annoying to fight but there's nothing to warrant anger. The reward for winning isn't notable in any way, and there is 0 consequence for losing.

The point of WoW PvP is to have fun while playing your class. If you aren't having fun, try a different class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not like I used to, but there are still some times where things make me say 'oh fuck this bullshit' and go take a breather.

Back in the day I PVP'd a LOT and I got so wound up one time I punched my PC causing it to refuse to boot for a whole month. I calmed down after that moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as rage educing as reading that title did. It's "losing".
    Real talk, I don't get upset at losing. But it's at least somewhat common, otherwise we wouldn't have a billion gamer rage compilations.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I’m a hardcore arena player and I used to get angry when I started arenas in BC. As time went on, I started to instead try and figure out what I could have done better instead of getting angry or blaming others.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow View Post
    I am asking, because I am not that type of person that gets angry in irl life, but loosing in pvp gets the worse of me, regarding anger. I don't punch walls, but sometimes swear and just quit Wow for a day or two. Hows your reactions ?
    In in real life life?

On topic: Just seeing a player being allowed to prevent me from playing the game makes me rage. The whole concept of winning thru forcing your opponent into an afk state is the biggest joke in the gaming industry.

Deleted
    Pvp will always make me angry however it's a good kind of anger, which will slowly turn into me laughing about how stupid some things are with the game.

Deleted
    I get angry sometimes when losing a lot or in (to me) unfair ways, not just in WoW, other games as well.

At that point I stop playing for a while (hours or days) because I realize that games are meant to entertain me, not make me pissed off :P.

It's normal to get annoyed / upset / angry at losing. It's also normal to not be bothered by it, really just depends on what kind of person you are.

Had a friend who was pretty nice in all other situation, but in pvp he just became a giant asshole.
    He lost a lot of friends, because he couldn't control his mouth in pvp.

He eventually learned his lesson and avoids pvp like the plague now. If he even still plays.

I still have the screenshots of us meeting eachother in arena as enemies for the first time, he railed into me like no other despite us being friends and teammates for years. I guess some people just aren't build for sportsmanship.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2018-05-15 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    There's a thing called "nerd rage" for a reason.

I get frustrated when playing on my Alliance characters but don't mind on my Horde. On my Horde character I've won 65 of my last 100 games whereas my Alliance I've won 17. I'm not sure why the huge discrepancy but Alliance is complete shit so it's no wonder that the Alliance ALWAYS has the enlistment bonus where my Horde never does.

I used to love PvP but ever since I went Alliance for my main as a change of scenery, I've been avoiding it more and more and find myself playing my Horde alt more for a more enjoyable experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    in a game where you can do as little a difference as in wow bg's and where you can be cc'ed for 10 seconds straight from 100%-0% hp then yea, yes it is very normal.
    Pretty much this. I candle handle losing, or being outplayed. But when you die whilst chain CC’d, it’s hella frustrating.

Even more so when BS class mechanics of damage/healing come into play.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Deleted
    The only reason why im raging is when i tell my healer to dispell. After 3 seconds he clicks on my portrait and clicks dispell when its at 1 sec or less. I ask him to do a dispell macro but he refuses. On 2200+ as a holy paladin. He is my brother, his only response is "its only a game" or "play with other healer". If i play with others in a season, he just asking me every day in the last days of the season to go and grind some rating with him cuz he wants title n stuff... So annoying.
    Tldr: im only raging when stubborn ppl dont want to improve

It all depends on how competitive of a person you are. It's very understandable to get frustrated at losing if you are a competitive person.