Interesting Research for WoW

As an experienced player in the World of Warcraft, I have completed research to find out if there is a correlation between how many hours a week a person plays and what their college GPA is. I created a survey and the one question I am going to focus on in this post is the first question, which is What do you think your GPA will be at the end of the year? My results to this were shocking! 21 people filled out the survey and 8 of them thought their GPA by the end of the school year would be between 3.5-4.0 and the other thirteen people thought it would be between 3.0-3.5. Do you all think there could be a correlation between the hours played during the week and your college GPA?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    As an experienced player in the World of Warcraft, I have completed research to find out if there is a correlation between how many hours a week a person plays and what their college GPA is. I created a survey and the one question I am going to focus on in this post is the first question, which is What do you think your GPA will be at the end of the year? My results to this were shocking! 21 people filled out the survey and 8 of them thought their GPA by the end of the school year would be between 3.5-4.0 and the other thirteen people thought it would be between 3.0-3.5. Do you all think there could be a correlation between the hours played during the week and your college GPA?
    I think you'll find a strong correlation between time played and GPA, but you have to be realistic when trying to interpret this data. Essentially you're asking are you playing video games or studying. People who spend vastly more time playing games or really any other activity other than studying will most likely have a lower GPA than if they spent that time studying. Your sample size of 21 also seem extremely small if you are really considering stating a correlation between the 2. My 2 cents mate, GL!

You can't assert that playing video games is why they aren't studying or why they are doing poorly in school.
    If a hobby is cause for failure then you'd see the same trend in other hobbies too.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    I play a lot of WoW, and during exam weeks in the winter I probably playrd 8-14 hours on most days... and I passed ALL of my exams with 10's (max grade). If it matters I'm in my first year of Uni, Software Engineering.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

We don't really have GPA here, but in college I used to play 6-10 hours a day and I was a mostly A student (on scale 1-4 my total weighted average was 1.24 all throughout comp sci undergrad and artificial intelligence grad). It's just the way things are in life. Some people can afford to invest very little time into education and still end up at the top of the class.