Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    pretty sure you are wrong on number 1.

You gonna get a classic _like_ server. Not even gonna be surprised if its just a slimmed down legion. Doubt they gonna use the old talents or even pre cata zones. Seriously doubt they gonna release everything that was broken in vanilla and ultimately made vanilla what it was. Its gonna be legion/bfa without shit like dungeon finder
    Pretty sure if they were just doing that we would have gotten it by now, possibly instead of Allied Races as an early access bonus.

Luckily for us, Blizzard cares more for its fans than Trion, who did do something similar to what you are saying.

If it were up to this dumbass sub they would.

I doubt it. I'm guessing they want as many people to stay invested for as long as possible. Can't keep any post-TBC players around if their preferred spec is not viable.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    I hate to be THAT guy but that's exactly what you're gonna get. I'm just going by recent dev communication, they are already hinting at making changes anyway. I don't necessarily see Classic 2.0 as a bad thing. I wouldn't mind the classic game experience with a more balanced design around all classes and specs...it would only improve the experience, imo. But we'll see.
    blizzard has already confirmed it's staying VANILLA. Straight out of Ion's mouth. Live on stream. Don't like it? Legion/BFA is there waiting for you. =

There will be no class changes, that's a certainty. At the most you could expect modern macros and perhaps an option to use modern game models. Changes won't go much further than that.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It wasn't only warriors who could tank. Warriors were simple the best tanks...so min/max was at the class/spec. So serious raiders (most actually weren't back then) would push the warrior as the "only" viable tank as a result. I knew a few guilds who weren't pushing to be first, and other tanks actually could work as well.

Think about it the same way as optimal talent choices today. Yes, there is one choice that is superior at each tier, but did you know that there are actually many different choices that are typically within a few percent of that optimum choice? I've gotten a chuckle when running simulations and seeing the less optimal talent choices being only 1% away from the "clearly superior choice".

The same was true back then. A good player playing with a not-optimum class was always better than a so-so player playing with the optimum class...same as today.

In BC (when I was an active raider), I happily ran people through Karazhan without having "needed" classes, and was successful far more often than not. The game has its issues, but it isn't (and never has been) as binary as many people claim it is.
    So do you think the method of today could complete naxx 40 without a warrior tank?

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    blizzard has already confirmed it's staying VANILLA. Straight out of Ion's mouth. Live on stream. Don't like it? Legion/BFA is there waiting for you. =
    they have never said on stream that it is staying vanilla, they have been very selective about saying they want to keep it to a vanilla like experience.......

There will be damage and heal numbers tuned on skills, nothing more.

It's pointless to release game with some spec dealing x3\x4 damage or heal lower than others, it's just dumb way to do things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Yes I do. Remember back in classic Nihilum didn’t even have voice coms. Method would make it work with Druids today if they had to.

To backtrack, what they would really do is mega class stack and run tons of split runs so that they are waaay more geared than Nihilum was back then. Remember Kungen used to quit for a few months between raid tiers. Then they would have way more dps and they could bring 10 Druid tanks to 4H and be fine.
    Come on.. even my half decent guild used voice com from pretty much the start of MC and so did every single one of the good guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    Well for example if they allow Paladins to tank, it will create a faction imbalance because Alliance get an extra Tanking role.
    To make up for this out they would in turn have to redesign Shamans so they can tank also.
    And *POOF* the domino chain effect of balancing one after another started.
    We actually did have a couple of shamans that tanked. Maybe not on bleeding edge progress nights, but they did tank regular 5mans and some MC/BWL bosses (without vastly overgearing them).

And druids tanked just fine in everything up to Naxx.

Yes they will.

I don't think it would be THAT breaking if they gave "tank" classes taunts (Paladins and Druids).

However, at the same time, this is Vanilla - if you want "better" rounded classes, you have the option of Retail/BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKaom View Post
    What are the other specs that weren’t played?

Demo, Ele sham?
    Oomkin. /10chars
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I don't think it would be THAT breaking if they gave "tank" classes taunts (Paladins and Druids).

However, at the same time, this is Vanilla - if you want "better" rounded classes, you have the option of Retail/BfA.
    Druids had taunts.

Nihilum did not. They had some cliques who were on servers together but they didn't have raid voice chat. Kungen wasn't on voice at all I believe.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/7100850350

Look at this video 3:36, he writes "Dispell me" in raid chat. World first KT kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CNN_Cn2L2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZJNTmHA7Cg

That's from his POV, he's clearly communicating by typing. No offense, Nihilum was awesome and Kungen was amazing, but
    The majority of guilds ran Ventrillo or team speak at this time. Mostly vent because it was cheaper and had lower overhead on bandwidth at the time.

Either people want Classic, or they don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well..you know....over all the years people have been making threads on how Vanilla was the best ever and been playing on them Nostalgia servers?

So, they better release it as it was back then. I admit I am caught by surprise and overwhelmed at all the "ok, yeah..we asked for Vanilla...but QoL would be nice..and balanced classes...and while you are at it...add LFG..." threads
    Indeed.

For years it was all about proclaiming how no other game since has ever been able to compete with Classic WoW, everything from raids to the way a character ran around was awesomesauce and the pinnacle of game design.

Then it actually happens, they announce these servers, and suddenly we have had so many variations of Classic proposed that it's impossible to keep up...

Hopefully Blizzard keeps it to the basics. Implementation with Battle.net infrastructure, and that's it. Beyond that, no alterations. Warts and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    You do know that "Classic" is blizzards official name for what we call vanilla right? Vanilla is a fan made name, but blizzard have always called it classic
    it's not a fan made name. it's not even a WoW term at all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_software

I always found their refusal to call it vanilla kinda funny, like it's some sort of insult.
    Last edited by Joey Ray III; 2018-05-14 at 10:24 PM.

Ofc, anything else would be suicide. A part of the charm of Vanilla is how fking wierd the specs were. Now druids were not very good at anything other than innervating priests but damn if I couldn't rip people in duels. If everyone is OP is their own way, no one is OP.
    We humans have to stick together

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do. Remember back in classic Nihilum didn’t even have voice coms. Method would make it work with Druids today if they had to.

To backtrack, what they would really do is mega class stack and run tons of split runs so that they are waaay more geared than Nihilum was back then. Remember Kungen used to quit for a few months between raid tiers. Then they would have way more dps and they could bring 10 Druid tanks to 4H and be fine.

Fun fact.
    Method did use a druid tank for 4 horsemen back in classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Ray III View Post
    it's not a fan made name. it's not even a WoW term at all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_software

I always found their refusal to call it vanilla kinda funny, like it's some sort of insult.
    Its still a name given by the community, blizzard refused to use anything but Classic in their official posts. But vanilla is the name who stuck.

All specializations were "viable".
    Some of them were just... too specific