View Poll Results: Capping Titanforging

Voters
417. You may not vote on this poll
  • No Cap at all

86 20.62%
  • Cap tiers to tier maximum itemlvl (I.e Emerald Nightmare can't go past 895).

68 16.31%
  • Cap titanforging to their difficulty (Normal cant titanforge into heroic or mythic itemlvls).

124 29.74%
  • Cap Titanforging at 12 itemlvls (0/2, 6 pr.)

40 9.59%
  • Cap titanforging to +15. (0/3, 5 pr.)

99 23.74%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Curious on what people ACTUALLY think, as my previous "titanforging gone out of hand" thread recieved alot of non-specific answers and questions.

Ion previously said "A hard cap on Titanforging that kept it from going into the Mythic item level space would be very restrictive."

What do people actually think about his opinion?

The Poll is up

Explaination:

#1: No Cap = Gear can cap to w/e the highest possible itemlvl cap is CURRENTLY. (Pr. Expansion only) = All legion gear can cap to 985.
    #2: Capping to tier max = ie. Normal, Heroic and mythic EN cannot go past 895 (as it was that tiers max ilvl).
    #3. Cap to tier difficulty = Items from Heroic cannot titanforge into mythic itemlvl ranges, aswell as lfr -> normal and normal -> heroic.
    #4. Cap titanforging at +12 = pretty straightforward.
    #5 Cap to +15 = Pretty straightforward.

Poll Updates:

So as it currently stands; 24.18% of voters didnt want any cap on Titanforging.
    75.82% Wanted 'some kind of' cap on titanforging.

The majority of the 75.82% wanted a +15 Cap / Difficulties cant titanforge into next difficulties (N->hc->mythic).

As it stands currently the itemlvl gap between difficulties is 15 itemlvls.
    Back in MoP the itemlvl gap between difficulties was 13 itemlvls, with "titanforging" being 12 itemlvls(if i remember correctly), giving a buffer of 1 itemlvl.
    Where is the "Remove War-/Titanforge" option?

It's a horrible feature, and should be removed..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    sorry for late reply :P https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...n-ring/snappit

Raid Finder Titanforged 985 Terminus signaling beacon
    Oh wow, that's pretty ridiculous. Honestly a random +70 roll like that might change who gets a world first or something. I know I voted for "no caps" for TF but I'm reconsidering it now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    >"*any change happens*"

OMG BLIZZ YOU HAD ONE JOB!!

I'd like to see one of these 985 world quest titanforging people have been claiming procced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    Fucking joke of a moderator you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    To be fair, this whole sites moderators are a joke.

I liked Throne of Thunder's system for thunderforging. It was a nice bonus, but it didn't get ridiculous and invalidate the next difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I'd like to see one of these 985 world quest titanforging people have been claiming procced.
    Someone in my raid group has a 940 Arcano crystal...

I'm an sure Blizzard views the -forging system in Legion as one of the expansion's big wins. That part where they talked up increased late-expansion player engagement at the last earnings call? You (and they) can thank -forging for that. The system prevents early gear capping while encouraging social catch-up gearing.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    Q: Why was the anti-vaxxer's 4 year old child crying? A: Midlife crisis.

Bloodsail Admiral
    the problem with titanforging is that it makes running old content necessary hoping for a high titanforged trinket, tier gear etc. I know they are removing tier next expac, thank fuck, but you shouldn't have to run heroic of the previous tier hoping for a high titanforge.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Oh wow, that's pretty ridiculous. Honestly a random +70 roll like that might change who gets a world first or something. I know I voted for "no caps" for TF but I'm reconsidering it now...
    World First race was over before you even had the chance to roll this trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    World First race was over before you even had the chance to roll this trinket.
    Yes its about this specific item not about the mechanic of +70 proccs being possible or anything.

I think they should be able to go up to the next difficulty base ilvls. So normal max TF would be heroics base ilvls. Heroics highest TF would be mythics base ilvl etc
    CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.5ghz Motherboard: Asus Z170-A RAM: Corsair Lpx 16gb GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 850W M.2: Samsung 960 EVO 500gb SSD1: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD2: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB x2 Monitor: BenQ GW2765HT Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Keyboard: Corsair K63 Headset: Sennheiser Game One

I'd be happy with a cap that stopped at whatever the max for that item's tier was. I don't think you should still be farming first tier items for titanforges when the expansion's final tier is out. Of course, there will be outliers such as fury is seeing this expansion with the NH trinket where the stats don't matter as its the reduced cooldown that makes it BiS. I'd just rather it not be another arcanocrystal situation.

WF and TF need to go away all together. Nothing is worse than seeing a lucky lfr roll compete with an item that drops on the hardest difficulty. It serves no purpose other than to inflate ilvl. If someone wants to advance ilvl they should step up the difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodan View Post
    WF and TF need to go away all together. Nothing is worse than seeing a lucky lfr roll compete with an item that drops on the hardest difficulty. It serves no purpose other than to inflate ilvl.
    No purpose? It maintains player engagement. Blizzard likely see the mechanic as a huge win, which is why (with tweaks) it is staying around.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    Q: Why was the anti-vaxxer's 4 year old child crying? A: Midlife crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I liked Throne of Thunder's system for thunderforging. It was a nice bonus, but it didn't get ridiculous and invalidate the next difficulty.
    I preferred this system too. If WF/TF is a binary system, it still adds longevity and excitement to gearing without this absolutely ridiculous RNG we have now.

Alternatively, allow items to WF/TF up to the next difficulty (or +15, whatever makes more sense) but also add a way to deterministically upgrade your gear to that +15 cap with a currency or guaranteed item drop (think Pantheon's Blessing off of Argus).