Poll: Capping Titanforging

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    At level 110 I got a 325 titanforged item on beta. (Keep in mind HEROIC level 120 dungeons drop 325 and mythic drops 340 items) And for comparison mythic argus drops 250 loot.

Pretty insane. That's a +115 item level proc AFTER the stat squish seeing how normal mode bfa dungeons are supposed to drop 210 items.
    We need a cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice game

TF-be-gone would be my option, if they are to keep it I would introduce it later in the patch so that it could serve as some sort of catchup mechanism

Best scenario though? Bring back valor points, for PURCHASE like Cata not the abomination that is upgrade
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2018-06-07 at 01:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    We need a cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice game
    that arcano is fake - unreal how many people believe it and spam it everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to vote for no titanforging, but I think the MoP system was the best version they did.

The problem isn't titanforging per se, it's raid content tuned under the assumption that you have a lot of -forged gear.

This means, in effect, that raid bosses don't drop the "real" (i.e., highly -forged) gear very often; they usually drop crap that gets sharded or given to carries.

The lack of "real" drops is why self-nerfing of raid content by gearing has been so weak this expansion.

But hey, it extends the time people will grind content, so I guess Blizzard is happy.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The problem isn't titanforging per se, it's raid content tuned under the assumption that you have a lot of -forged gear.

This means, in effect, that raid bosses don't drop the "real" (i.e., highly -forged) gear very often; they usually drop crap that gets sharded or given to carries.

The lack of "real" drops is why self-nerfing of raid content by gearing has been so weak this expansion.

But hey, it extends the time people will grind content, so I guess Blizzard is happy.
    You get that encounters arent balanced around TF yea? Good now you know.
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2018-06-07 at 02:07 PM.

I think I've tossed a few titanforges from both normal and heroic, but these are the ones I currently have in my bags or use and all but the Acrid Catalyst Injector is from personal/coin loot. This is the tier I've been the most unlucky with TFs in general in Legion, and we haven't re-cleared Mythic since we killed Coven the second time (I was away) so that's 8~ something reclears missing. I think it's pretty bonkers and has to be tuned down!

Shrunk everything a bit, it took a ton of space...

Quote Originally Posted by Realfleks View Post
    that arcano is fake - unreal how many people believe it and spam it everywhere
    If it was fake it would say "BoP" and not "soulbound".

Just like the Amanthuls i'm wearing is also fake?

Last edited by Artemol; 2018-06-07 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    Just found the armory: https://raider.io/characters/eu/ravencrest/Memedruid.

The arcano is fake, he has a 915.
    Last edited by mmocd32b1c03c1; 2018-06-07 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    If it was fake it would say "BoP" and not "soulbound".

Just like the Amanthuls i'm wearing is also fake?

Did somebody say that? No.
    Doesnt change what i said above at all.

You get that encounters arent balanced around TF yea? Good now you know.
    Of course they are, in the sense that for the core of the intended audience Blizzard tunes them so that core needs TF. The much better of that audience's guilds do not, but that's neither here not there.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Deleted
    Of course they are, in the sense that for the core of the intended audience Blizzard tunes them so that core needs TF. The much better of that audience's guilds do not, but that's neither here not there.
    Saying stuff is tuned around tf would mean bosses are tuned around topguilds having tf gear and due to that its insanely hard for the rest.
    This isnt the case so no - nothing is tuned around tf gear at all its just a bullshit excuse.

Just because theres multiple guilds wiping on argus with 970+ does not mean the boss is tuned for 975.
    You could kill the boss with 960ish even before the chainfix and hp nerf - not tuned for tf at all.
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2018-06-07 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noh View Post
    Just found the armory: https://raider.io/characters/eu/ravencrest/Memedruid.

The arcano is fake, he has a 915.
    Why r u lying

Late to the party but I feel like the insane TF cap has contributed to ruining higher end raiding. Would love to see it capped at +15 or to their difficulty.

Saying stuff is tuned around tf would mean bosses are tuned around topguilds having tf gear
    No, it doesn't mean that, and I didn't mean that. Please stop strawmanning.

Deleted
    No, it doesn't mean that, and I didn't mean that. Please stop strawmanning.
    Raids are not tuned around titanforging - this is a fact.
    No strawmanning at all - just a simple example as to why your "explanation" makes no sense.

If a guild kills argus at 960 then the boss was tuned for around =<960~.
    If you play worse you will need more gear sure,but this doesnt mean the boss is tuned for that.

"it's raid content tuned under the assumption that you have a lot of -forged gear." - just no.

Raids are not tuned around titanforging - this is a fact.
    You are claiming that Blizzard ignores a key gearing mechanism when they decide how they will tune raids.

This is ridiculous and obvious nonsense. They take all the gear sources into consideration when tuning difficulty, to achieve the completion percentage they are targeting.

Deleted
    You are claiming that Blizzard ignores a key gearing mechanism when they decide how they will tune raids.

This is ridiculous and obvious nonsense. They take all the gear sources into consideration when tuning difficulty, to achieve the completion percentage they are targeting.
    Raids are not tuned around TF - TF is the "nerf over time" mechanic currently (which is horrible obviously.)
    Endbosses in legion were killed with itemlevelaverages around base itemlevel - wouldnt happen if the bosses were tuned around titanforging.

Legendaries add +3-4~
    Weapon adds +1-2~

So how was Argus killed at 960~, KJ at 934~ and guldan at 905~ if they were tuned around titanforging?
    They were not - done.

The worse you play the more gear you need but tuning is judged by what is the minimum needed to even be able to kill a boss.
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2018-06-08 at 12:22 AM.

Raids are not tuned around TF - TF is the "nerf over time" mechanic currently (which is horrible obviously.)
    Raids are tuned so that the core of the audience they are aiming it at will complete it with a good collection of TF gear.

The initial difficulty of a tier is tuned around the raid having a good selection of TF gear from the previous tier.

In other words: raids are tuned around TF. If TF wasn't there, the raids would be tuned easier so that this core of that audience segment would still be able to complete them.

Deleted
    Raids are tuned so that the core of the audience they are aiming it at will complete it with a good collection of TF gear.

The initial difficulty of a tier is tuned around the raid having a good selection of TF gear from the previous tier.

In other words: raids are tuned around TF. If TF wasn't there, the raids would be tuned easier so that this core of that audience segment would still be able to complete them.
    And i always thought major nerfs would be there for that exact reason
    Tf is a bad mechanic but it doesnt make content harder for the "core audience".

Firstkills clearly show content is balanced around base itemlevel - you ignoring that fact doesnt nullify it.
    Itemlevel usually isnt the issue when said "core audience" gets to the hard bosses.
    Last edited by mmocb930624b69; 2018-06-08 at 12:35 AM.