Hmf...that's supposed to be Valinor? I never really had an image beyond "white shores." If ut weren't for the trees I'd think that was Numenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...that's supposed to be Valinor? I never really had an image beyond "white shores." If ut weren't for the trees I'd think that was Numenor.
    Kinda. If it is Tirion then it is looking in towards Valinor.. But if it is, it isn't the best representation.

The Valar had raised a massive mountain range on the eastern side of their lands,
    the tallest on the world, and smooth and unclimbable from the east. Beneath the mountains was the shore which remained lit only by the stars and it is where some of the elves lived, sailing the dark waters.

There was only one way through the mountains, and that was a narrow pass which had sheer cliffs rise up on either side of it. In the middle of the pass was a hill, Túna and on that was built the city of Tirion where the Noldor elves lived. The light from the Two Trees could shine through the gap upon the city but they could still walk the starlit shores where the light of Amar did not reach.

Problem is those mountains do not really look imposing enough for the description given.

On another matter from the image, the identify of the elf hasn't been given, but my best guess would be it has to be Galadriel. She had been born in Valinor, went into exile with the rest of the Noldor (and was a niece of Feanor, the most powerful elf ever to have lived) and was one of the greatest elves , and probably the most powerful left in Middle-Earth after Gil-galad died. I expect her to be very prominent in the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took be a while to find this thread.....

Logo trailer teaser is here.

also making of trailer

Still not hyped about this show... I am nervous. Having been disappointed with wheel of Time this year this leaves me with a funny feeling in my tummy, but its just a teaser, so who knows maybe it'll; be good.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-01-19 at 09:03 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I read on dragonmount that the first two episodes total 3hrs.

just to remind everyone, the rings of power weren't infact rings of power they were wedding rings and all the kings gay married Sauron. looking forward to a show based on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

also making of trailer

Still not hypoed about this show... I am nervous. Having been disappointed with wheel of Time this year this leaves me with a funny feeling in my tummy, but its just a teaser, so who knows maybe it'll; be good.
    For some reason that narration lacked the weight the previous one had and it sounded kinda cringe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    For some reason that narration lacked the weight the previous one had and it sounded kinda cringe
    No one is gonna measure up to Cate Blanchett, lets be honest :P

You are only going to get second best
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-01-19 at 07:23 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    just to remind everyone, the rings of power weren't infact rings of power they were wedding rings and all the kings gay married Sauron. looking forward to a show based on this.
    I've been waiting for someone to make a show about interbestial homosexual polygamy. The Sub/Dom kink is just icing.

also making of trailer

Still not hypoed about this show... I am nervous. Having been disappointed with wheel of Time this year this leaves me with a funny feeling in my tummy, but its just a teaser, so who knows maybe it'll; be good.
    The fact that intro was practical and not CGI fills me with a lot of hope…

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I was going to say this but then I thought I was being too petty. Glad someone else thought this though.

Abandon hope... I never had it from the start, considering it's "the current year".

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2022-01-22 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    considering it's "the current year".
    At least you're being honest about not wanting to progress with the times That's more than most people do who want to pretend like it's 1950s US or 1940s Europe.

That being said, my own fears are not about "wokeness" but about cheap pandering and bad writing - I don't really care if there's an agenda or not, I only care if it's a good product. Tolkien's writings have a certain sophistication about them that you really cannot play it fast and loose with. Those stories are a lot more than just "evil man bad hurrrr", especially the ancillary materials. I expect the appropriate reverence for that kind of source material.

Most Classical Fantasy is like that and that's a shame people feel that way because I love Classical Fantasy. But it seems more people have adopted Grim Dark Fantasy as their go to fantasy these days which is good, but I tend to have a broad mind on the genre.
    Well the Silmarillion is grimdark by almost any definition. So it's like Classical Grimdark Fantasy.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    At least you're being honest about not wanting to progress with the times .

That being said, my own fears are not about "wokeness" but about cheap pandering and bad writing
    1. Progress is NOT synonymous with improvement.
    2. Not sure if you've noticed, but wokeness will ALWAYS have cheap pandering and bad writing, they're inseparable.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2022-01-19 at 10:49 PM.

Abandon hope... I never had it from the start, considering it's "the current year".
    I am sure it will go over as well as wheel of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    I am sure it will go over as well as wheel of time.
    Sweet mother... end me.

1. Progress is NOT synonymous with improvement.
    2. Not sure if you've noticed, but wokeness will ALWAYS have cheap pandering and bad writing, they're inseparable.
    if lotr came out now you'd be crying about eowyn kiling the witchking - muuhhh women.

if lotr came out now you'd be crying about eowyn kiling the witchking - muuhhh women.
    Strawman if I've ever seen one.

Except....that scene is book accurate. If it wasn't book accurate and the kill was stolen from someone else then people would complain. But it IS book accurate, so your just manufacturing a fictional complaint.

- - - Updated - - -

Still not hyped about this show... I am nervous. Having been disappointed with wheel of Time this year this leaves me with a funny feeling in my tummy, but its just a teaser, so who knows maybe it'll; be good.
    No worries, Wheel of Time was last year.

(i'll see myself out)

But you can have pandering and bad writing without wokeness. That's sort of... my point.