Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I mean, LOTR is the pilar.

If Lotr did anything - the movie anyway - was normalize the fantasy genre as mainstream
    Yes, I realize. But after all those years any many more fantasy settings, it just lost appeal for me.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes, I realize. But after all those years any many more fantasy settings, it just lost appeal for me.
    Most Classical Fantasy is like that and that's a shame people feel that way because I love Classical Fantasy. But it seems more people have adopted Grim Dark Fantasy as their go to fantasy these days which is good, but I tend to have a broad mind on the genre.
    Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

Hmf...that's supposed to be Valinor? I never really had an image beyond "white shores." If ut weren't for the trees I'd think that was Numenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...that's supposed to be Valinor? I never really had an image beyond "white shores." If ut weren't for the trees I'd think that was Numenor.
    Kinda. If it is Tirion then it is looking in towards Valinor.. But if it is, it isn't the best representation.

The Valar had raised a massive mountain range on the eastern side of their lands,
    the tallest on the world, and smooth and unclimbable from the east. Beneath the mountains was the shore which remained lit only by the stars and it is where some of the elves lived, sailing the dark waters.

There was only one way through the mountains, and that was a narrow pass which had sheer cliffs rise up on either side of it. In the middle of the pass was a hill, Túna and on that was built the city of Tirion where the Noldor elves lived. The light from the Two Trees could shine through the gap upon the city but they could still walk the starlit shores where the light of Amar did not reach.

Problem is those mountains do not really look imposing enough for the description given.

On another matter from the image, the identify of the elf hasn't been given, but my best guess would be it has to be Galadriel. She had been born in Valinor, went into exile with the rest of the Noldor (and was a niece of Feanor, the most powerful elf ever to have lived) and was one of the greatest elves , and probably the most powerful left in Middle-Earth after Gil-galad died. I expect her to be very prominent in the series.