1. #3361
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I'm sure you have a source for that.
    Google it yourself or use a translator

    https://www.land.nrw/pressemitteilun...hen-vorfaellen

    You don’t have to believe me.

    It’s labeled as anti racism etc.

    The thing is, you can report people who express anti woke opinions no matter if they break law or not you understand?

    We do not know how the reported people will end up, probably in a secret file with your name

    Who knows for what those lists will be used

    I do not make up things because i dont need

    Try to google the case in your language

    That’s just the beginning.

    But yea label me as racist because i am anti censorship or against institutions where people can report you not liking black elves in tolkien

    Weird

    I am out of this sic discussion bye

  2. #3362
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Did you read the reviews that were removed? Almost all of them were racist bullshit and hated on skin color. How is he delusional?
    Because there is still 1000's that left reviews not even mentioning races instead just mentioning how utterly trash the show was.

  3. #3363
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    while the rating is low on imdb most reviews are from 8-10 on how ''brilliant and exciting'' this show is, and many are written by fresh users on imdb. somethings not quite right with me on that. and since this show does have that putrid smell of woke i decided not to give it a chance. the books and pjacksons triology were enough for me. and i shall not fault anyone for liking it, different strokes for different folks i guess.
    Lots of 5 stars on rotten tomatoes are just single comments in the line of "BEAUTIFUL".
    Which is a stupid reason to vote max score on something.

    Also quite bit of reviews that points out flaws and still give it 5 stars, which skews it even more.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

  4. #3364
    People complaining about negative review bombing on critic websites conveniently choose to not notice that there's more positive review bombing than negative. Which is happening with this show.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

    End of quote. Repeat the line.

  5. #3365
    I couldnt finish watching the first episode. The amount of cringe and facepalm was getting unhealthy. I think the final breaking point was that horribly coreographed and absolutely awful snowtroll soloed scene. Physically painful.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  6. #3366
    Merely a Setback PACOX's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    26,147
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    People complaining about negative review bombing on critic websites conveniently choose to not notice that there's more positive review bombing than negative. Which is happening with this show.
    WTF is positive bombing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I couldnt finish watching the first episode. The amount of cringe and facepalm was getting unhealthy. I think the final breaking point was that horribly coreographed and absolutely awful snowtroll soloed scene. Physically painful.
    So you couldn't get past the first 5 min?

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  7. #3367
    Quote Originally Posted by Universalgirl View Post
    Google it yourself or use a translator

    https://www.land.nrw/pressemitteilun...hen-vorfaellen

    You don’t have to believe me.

    It’s labeled as anti racism etc.

    The thing is, you can report people who express anti woke opinions no matter if they break law or not you understand?

    We do not know how the reported people will end up, probably in a secret file with your name

    Who knows for what those lists will be used

    I do not make up things because i dont need

    Try to google the case in your language

    That’s just the beginning.

    But yea label me as racist because i am anti censorship or against institutions where people can report you not liking black elves in tolkien

    Weird

    I am out of this sic discussion bye
    'My language is German. I kind of doubt that yours is too because you're seriously misrepresenting what this part of the ministry is doing. And you'd never do that just to push your agenda, right? Lie about stuff?

    First of all, none of these registries are any form of authority. They are e.Vs. (For non-Germans; an e.V., 'eingetragener Verein', roughly translated to 'registered Club' is a club that is acknowledged by the state as an existing entity, which brings certain privileges, the Club is, from a legal point of view, a person, represented by whoever is head of the said club. It allows you to open up a bank account and use of publically owned venues and stuff like that. It's ridiculously easy to found one if you bring some time.)

    So it's an organized body composed of several, for the lack of a better word, clubs, that all fight against discrimination, and for strengthening the rights of migrants, LGBTQ people, and so on.

    Now, you can forward any comment that you perceive as racist, anti-LGBTQ, and so on, said organization will then check if it is, possibly, against anti-discrimination laws, file your comment and potentially forward it to authorities.

    There's no need for 'a secret file with your name', since it's all stuff you yourself put on display for everyone to see on the web. No one can 'report you', and there's no legal consequence whatsoever.

  8. #3368
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

    So you couldn't get past the first 5 min?
    Snowtroll was more than 15 minutes in, one fourth of the episode. And I did say that was the breaking point, I did linger longer to halfway or so. The cringing never ceased. It's interesting contrast to House of Dragons, another show I expected to dislike greatly but ended up enjoying thoroughly. This one is just facepalm moment to facepalm moment to a point of skin tearing off face.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  9. #3369
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    'My language is German. I kind of doubt that yours is too because you're seriously misrepresenting what this part of the ministry is doing. And you'd never do that just to push your agenda, right? Lie about stuff?

    First of all, none of these registries are any form of authority. They are e.Vs. (For non-Germans; an e.V., 'eingetragener Verein', roughly translated to 'registered Club' is a club that is acknowledged by the state as an existing entity, which brings certain privileges, the Club is, from a legal point of view, a person, represented by whoever is head of the said club. It allows you to open up a bank account and use of publically owned venues and stuff like that. It's ridiculously easy to found one if you bring some time.)

    So it's an organized body composed of several, for the lack of a better word, clubs, that all fight against discrimination, and for strengthening the rights of migrants, LGBTQ people, and so on.

    Now, you can forward any comment that you perceive as racist, anti-LGBTQ, and so on, said organization will then check if it is, possibly, against anti-discrimination laws, file your comment and potentially forward it to authorities.

    There's no need for 'a secret file with your name', since it's all stuff you yourself put on display for everyone to see on the web. No one can 'report you', and there's no legal consequence whatsoever.
    That’s a lie i am from Germany.

    And you didn’t even know about the institution that is currently created

    Dude what the f?

    It’s THE GOVERNMENT

    „Die Landesregierung“

    You are lying simply lying

    Quote:

    die Vorfälle auch unterhalb der Strafbarkeitsgrenze erfassen, analysieren und dokumentieren

    Translated

    We will collect, analysie, and archive also all cases that are not against law

    Why do you lie that they will check if it’s against law?

    Dude you are from Germany and didn’t even know about the authority.

    So how can i expect that you would understand

    That you can report people who are express opinions against „woke“ agenda

    The statement is clear:

    We will monitor, archive and analyise all reports that are against „woke“

    Its not true that you report cases and they check if they against law.

    Such authority is the police where you can report cases if you think they are against law

  10. #3370
    Extremely negative reviews have existed since before there was social media.
    Nothing is immune to such criticism, no matter how corporations try and pretend otherwise.
    Siskel and Ebert used to trash movies on the regular. Corporations trying to put their stuff as above reproach for whatever reason is just marketing nonsense.

  11. #3371
    Scarab Lord MCMLXXXII's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Delta swamp of the west
    Posts
    4,762
    So where does it mention woke exactly? Or is that something you added?

  12. #3372
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Snowtroll was more than 15 minutes in, one fourth of the episode. And I did say that was the breaking point, I did linger longer to halfway or so. The cringing never ceased. It's interesting contrast to House of Dragons, another show I expected to dislike greatly but ended up enjoying thoroughly. This one is just facepalm moment to facepalm moment to a point of skin tearing off face.
    The Snow troll run up sword scene was indeed toe-curling. Almost as bad as "The Spin" in The Book of Boba Fett

  13. #3373
    Merely a Setback PACOX's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    26,147
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Extremely negative reviews have existed since before there was social media.
    Nothing is immune to such criticism, no matter how corporations try and pretend otherwise.
    Siskel and Ebert used to trash movies on the regular. Corporations trying to put their stuff as above reproach for whatever reason is just marketing nonsense.
    Sites have always attempted screen bad faith reviews. It's obvious now because the people doing the reviews are self reporting.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  14. #3374
    imagine giving a shit about reviews from random cunts on the internet

  15. #3375
    I will probably see the show when the whole season is out. I don't really care about a black elf etc, but I do care about the social interaction, dialogues and general acting, which has really really been lacking lately in a ton of shows.

    But review numbers I have never believed in, I simply watch an episode or 2 see how the characters are simply behaving and make me drawn in. If for example it's another stronk woman who beats up 3 guys with crappy skills and goes deep voice commando bs, it's instant turn off, cause that is just so lazy. It has nothing to do with women should not be included as strong.

  16. #3376
    Quote Originally Posted by Universalgirl View Post
    That’s a lie i am from Germany.

    And you didn’t even know about the institution that is currently created

    Dude what the f?

    It’s THE GOVERNMENT

    „Die Landesregierung“

    You are lying simply lying

    Quote:

    die Vorfälle auch unterhalb der Strafbarkeitsgrenze erfassen, analysieren und dokumentieren

    Translated

    We will collect, analysie, and archive also all cases that are not against law

    Why do you lie that they will check if it’s against law?

    Dude you are from Germany and didn’t even know about the authority.

    So how can i expect that you would understand

    That you can report people who are express opinions against „woke“ agenda

    The statement is clear:

    We will monitor, archive and analyise all reports that are against „woke“

    Its not true that you report cases and they check if they against law.

    Such authority is the police where you can report cases if you think they are against law
    I knew about the initiative. I was curious to see which one you meant, since exactly NOTHING in it lines up with what you stated the government was doing.

    The Landesregierung made the statement. They are spearheading the initiative. The institution itself, however, is not part of the government. Work on your reading skills, then. Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil. (Being able to read gives you an advantage.)

    Also, if you're trying your hand at translating: 'Fälle unter der Strafbarkeitsgrenze' means 'cases below a level of punishment'; those are cases that don't end up in police reports and statistics. It's still against the law. Are you really that poorly educated that you don't comprehend what's written there? Try reading it again, this time the actual article, not some tl;dr version from your telegram group.

  17. #3377
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sites have always attempted screen bad faith reviews. It's obvious now because the people doing the reviews are self reporting.
    What I mean is corporations pretending their product is special as 'saving the world from x' when it is just people playing make believe and getting paid a lot of money is the issue. Amazon is a corporation that makes hundreds of billions in revenue a year and has had many complaints and allegations of discrimination, sexism, anti-unionism, not caring about workers, etc over the years. So they use these kinds of entertainment products to try and give them a positive image and this is something that is par for the course these days. So it is marketing and PR which is about as fake as pretending a movie showing pristine lush wildlife is fixing the environment in California. If they wanted to do that they would shut down a bunch of their data centers.

  18. #3378
    Scarab Lord MCMLXXXII's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Delta swamp of the west
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    I will probably see the show when the whole season is out. I don't really care about a black elf etc, but I do care about the social interaction, dialogues and general acting, which has really really been lacking lately in a ton of shows.

    But review numbers I have never believed in, I simply watch an episode or 2 see how the characters are simply behaving and make me drawn in. If for example it's another stronk woman who beats up 3 guys with crappy skills and goes deep voice commando bs, it's instant turn off, cause that is just so lazy. It has nothing to do with women should not be included as strong.
    Contradiction much?

  19. #3379
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Contradiction much?
    How is that contradictory ?

  20. #3380
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Siskel and Ebert used to trash movies on the regular.
    Siskel and Ebert presumably didn't spend months leading up to the premier trashing it because actors involved were the wrong skin color, or because they'd convinced themselves that the story was going to be disrespectful and "woke" before they'd even seen a second of it.

    Equating the criticism of movies by people like that to the obvious brigading/review bombing going on here is laughable.

    It's a bit funny that there's been hardly any talk of the show itself here, but instead we're focused on people being upset that their transparent attempt to negatively manipulate the perceived reception of it is allegedly being met with a website's transparent attempt to do the opposite.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-09-03 at 11:14 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •