Page 2 of 489 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, you need to read the source material again.
    lets not act like either movie stuck strictly to the books. even though the Hobbit certainly took more liberties. the complete exclusion of Bombadil and the barrow-downs. the fact that Aragorn gets the remade sword at the council of Elrond before the fellowship sets out. it all works out in the end. even if the Hobbit is different from the books I still found it a fine watch. not as good as LOTR granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yes I did and it is my own opinion and my own taste problem with that buddy?

The Hobbit for sure wasnt perfect but at least they stayed faithful for the most part to the source material books. The first movies cut and changed a lot of things from the source material. And the sound tracks were awesome memorable and iconic in the Hobbit.
    If you had actually read the Hobbit, you'd have known how thoroughly the source material was butchered in the movies. The first movie was actually the most accurate, even if a lot was still cut out or changed. The next ones were absolute butchery that hardly had anything to do with the book other than the most basic outlines. They were a disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    If you had actually read the Hobbit, you'd have known how thoroughly the source material was butchered in the movies. The first movie was actually the most accurate, even if a lot was still cut out or changed. The next ones were absolute butchery that hardly had anything to do with the book other than the most basic outlines. They were a disgrace.
    Glad I didn't read the Hobbit and was able to enjoy the movies more then.

Really excited to see what and how they will do in the series, can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I did read it but yeah my memories is not the best at the moment because I am not that young anymore and it's been long time but yeah I still prefer the Hobbit more than the first trilogy.

Deleted
    Oh great...the tom bombadill fanboys r bitter here...?

I'm genuinely curious to know which storyline(s) they're covering with this. Some people seem to think that this is a remake of the trilogy but that's not the case.

All we know is that it's before the trilogy.

This is kind of uncalled for tbh... I mean if the show turns out really well then hey *smack on the shoulder* well done. But expectations are not too great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Oh great...the tom bombadill fanboys r bitter here...?
    What does that even mean I wonder

- - - Updated - - -

[

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they wont make a series of the event you see a movie, but things that are happening in background and are never mentioned in books (or they were and were cut from a film).

They can easy expand the universe like this.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still have a problem with 3rd lotr movie how green ghosts superfast n supereasy changed things, took me out of the sense of danger...
    Yeah, that particular plot point didn't sit well with me either. It kind of made the efforts of the soldiers of Gondor and Rohan somewhat pointless given that an undefeatable army was going to come and win the battle regardless. I would have preferred it work that each ghost take out one Mordor soldier to fulfill its debt and then vanish.

Also, can you imagine the guilt that Aragorn must have had. Every second he wasted was costing the lives of human soldiers. If he'd arrived half an hour earlier, the entire armies of Gondor and Rohan would have been intact and able to mount a full on assault of a significantly weakened Mordor (as opposed to the tiny ragtag force they took in at the end to provide the distraction for Frodo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hobbit movies were good if they were the extended versions. Especially the 3rd movie with the battle.

Still have a problem with 3rd lotr movie how green ghosts superfast n supereasy changed things, took me out of the sense of danger...
    Blame the books, the movies did pretty good for what they were given :P

I cannot believe the first movie came out 17 years ago.,.. fuck my life
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    so much money in there, ist must be good. ironie off.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What does that even mean I wonder

- - - Updated - - -

[
    Anytime theres any discussion on LOTR certain people always show up and say the movies sucked because they didnt include Tom F'n Bombadill

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really hate the lotr movies so hopefully this will do better.

The animated movies I actually liked though.

There are...people who loved the hobbit movies more than the OG trilogy? That is a fucking travesty.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not that into LotR.

Sure the Peter Jackson trilogy was a great fantasy movie trilogy.... but I'm not a fan of the franchise/world at all. A bit too childish for my taste.

So what are they gonna do with this thing? Re-tell the story in a series format? How boring, and everyone knows the story already so where is the tension etc. in that?

A spin-off instead? What's the source material for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    There are...people who loved the hobbit movies more than the OG trilogy? That is a fucking travesty.
    It's called different taste and opinion you should try it sometimes.

There is an old saying in my native language let me try to translate it in English it says something like this:

"If tastes are similar, goods will die out"

Some of the original cast from Peter Jackson trilogy need to be onboard for this to really do well - the middle earth he built in those films with the cast made it the mammoth success it is

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey, I am surprised no topic about this yet!

I am really excited really loved the Hobbit series more than the first three movies (which still pretty good ones even though they ruined it compare to the books).

Here is the source confirmation about this topic.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...etflix-1099213
    I don't see a book that has already been done well with a trilogy of movies is a good idea to put into a tv series. The books don't have the dramatic turns and character deaths that GoT did, so as a tv series it's going to be, well, boring.

Of course - I'm just me, and this is Amazon Prime Productions purchasing it, so I'm gonna bet against me on this one.