1. #4221
    I'm so happy that they gave us a filthy hobo Aragorn wannabe instead of Annatar, Lord of Gifts, the most beautiful, handsome, fair, and elegant elf in Middle Earth. I can't wait to see more of Halbrand/Sauron disguised as a filthy hobo, it's going to be soo awesooome!!!

    Galadriel will obviously fall in love with him, but I wonder: will she be able to change that bad boy?? :d

  2. #4222
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'm so happy that they gave us a filthy hobo Aragorn wannabe instead of Annatar, Lord of Gifts, the most beautiful, handsome, fair, and elegant elf in Middle Earth. I can't wait to see more of Halbrand/Sauron disguised as a filthy hobo, it's going to be soo awesooome!!!

    Galadriel will obviously fall in love with him, but I wonder: will she be able to change that bad boy?? :d
    Oh boy...I wonder if they will go the route and have him question his motives and almost give it up, but then remembers his dad Morgoth and snaps out of it!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

  3. #4223
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yeah but Sam wasn't shown to be completely useless, unlike her company whose screen time was dedicated to being a burden to her journey more than a boon. That's probably the biggest difference.

    Again, that is my biggest criticism for her party. If the argument is that they were important because they supported her journey, then it should be in more ways than things that she can literally do on her own like hold a torch or scout.
    To me, what they showed conveyed that this was her party for years, if not centuries of hunting. They just chose to show the very breaking point.

    Yea her men didn't do much, but they were clearly exhausted. They might have killed dozens of trolls on their journey before. With all the storytelling they want to do, this clearly just wasn't where they wanted to spend the time.

  4. #4224
    I really liked everything tbh. Sure they don't really... acto or look like the elves from the movies but i like this adaption nonetheless.

    The ONLY think that really annoys me is the fact, that they seemed to want to make us ship (lol) Galadriel and the guy on the float.
    And completly ignoring and never mentioning the fact that galadriel is allready married to celeborn (and has a FREAKING DAUGHTER who married Elrond... who is the mother of arwen btw..... ) who for some reaoson doesn't exist is nowhere to be seen...

  5. #4225
    Banned Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The show could easily establish her finding new allies who align with her ideals and recognize a spreading evil in the world; ones who will actually support her rather than undermine her goal of making certain that all evil is rid from the world.

    Cuz that's where her story is headed anyways.
    They literally do that in the second episode.

  6. #4226
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I really liked everything tbh. Sure they don't really... acto or look like the elves from the movies but i like this adaption nonetheless.

    The ONLY think that really annoys me is the fact, that they seemed to want to make us ship (lol) Galadriel and the guy on the float.
    And completly ignoring and never mentioning the fact that galadriel is allready married to celeborn (and has a FREAKING DAUGHTER who married Elrond... who is the mother of arwen btw..... ) who for some reaoson doesn't exist is nowhere to be seen...
    We're only 2 episodes in to a 50 episode story.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2022-09-08 at 01:17 PM.

  7. #4227
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    They literally do that in the second episode.
    wait what, when?

  8. #4228
    Warchief rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    maybe it's about writing a ridiculous dialogue and shoot awful scenes and see how many defend it.
    so far we have had every major 'access media' outlet push all the usual defense buttons by attacking fans and trying to pull down past works as trash, there's been the obvious conflict of interest from the washington post, there's the potential illegal acts by IMDB, turns out apparently the US has some kind of laws regarding free speech online and what IMDB have done, along with what Amazon is currently doing on the official pages of the site is actually against the law, and regardless of what people say they are protected and as such removing low ratings is illegal, then you have Amazon getting destroyed for blatantly lying about engagement, followed up by them showing their desperation by dusting off the cobwebs of elijah wood/billy boyd/sean astin/dominic monaghan getting them to wear printed t-shirts sporting the message 'all are welcome here' with the rings of power front and center on the messaging, assumedly being paid a pretty penny to try and obfuscate the utter shitstorm that they are in surrounding this steaming pile of utter dross, by using nostalgia as a weapon now to stop people from reviewing this show negatively.

    all in all it's been not only an embarrassment for Amazon both in terms of how few people actually watched the first episode, but the 'off a cliff' drop off of people that continued to episode 2 from episode 1, to the utter depths they have sunk to in order to silence dissenters and critics of the show, and the irreparable damage done to their reputation as a company because of their shady and potentially illegal (after investigation by FTC) practices surrounding this launch, and the shambolic desperate attempts to hide this reality from people at all costs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    We're only 2 episodes in to a 50 episode story.
    and the entire point of the early episodes is to set up the characters that will be present, the world they will be working in, and the events that will shape the story trying to be told, and yet the writers of this utter bollox have failed to do any of that, none of the characters are likeable or relatable, none of the events anybody cares about because the writers have decided to jump around from event to event like kid dosed up on sugar unable to focus attention on one thing for more than 5 minutes at a time, and the overall scene setting has been shambolic, so it really doesn't matter what the rest of the show has, because they have failed spectacularly to provide any reason to care past this point.


  9. #4229
    So apparently anyone who criticises this dogshit show for any reason at all are now racists. Attacking your audience is a great marketing strategy.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  10. #4230
    Banned Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,136
    Quote Originally Posted by frn1 View Post
    wait what, when?
    Dude on the boat rescues her, supports her idea that evil is still out there and saves her while sinking.

  11. #4231
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    We're only 2 episodes in to a 50 episode story.
    Well yeah. Still weird.

  12. #4232
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    So apparently anyone who criticises this dogshit show for any reason at all are now racists. Attacking your audience is a great marketing strategy.
    Nah just the racists.

  13. #4233
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    So apparently anyone who criticises this dogshit show for any reason at all are now racists. Attacking your audience is a great marketing strategy.
    No, anyone who criticizes the show because there are black people in it are racists. Pretty simple distinction there.

  14. #4234
    Warchief rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Nah just the racists.
    except it's not, every single piece of access media trash has put out articles attacking EVERYBODY, and calls anyone with any criticism regardless of what that criticism is racists, for example a recent review i saw was criticising the costumes, according to these tat publications who's only interest is sucking on the Amazon phallus until such a time as it's no longer profitable to do so, that person who left that negative review is racist for not liking the show, and when i say EVERBODY is being attacked and labelled racist, i mean EVERBODY, so tell me again how it's only racist people disliking this steaming pile of weapons grade bullshit again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    No, anyone who criticizes the show because there are black people in it are racists. Pretty simple distinction there.
    except you're wrong, and they are labelling anybody who criticises this show racist regardless of what criticism they levy at this amateur hour project, so like i have said to Dhrizzle, tell me more about how someone criticising the costumes of the show is being racist, because i would love to know what sort of fucked up logic process you have to jump through to come to that warped fucking conclusion.


  15. #4235
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    except it's not, every single piece of access media trash has put out articles attacking EVERYBODY, and calls anyone with any criticism regardless of what that criticism is racists, for example a recent review i saw was criticising the costumes, according to these tat publications who's only interest is sucking on the Amazon phallus until such a time as it's no longer profitable to do so, that person who left that negative review is racist for not liking the show, and when i say EVERBODY is being attacked and labelled racist, i mean EVERBODY, so tell me again how it's only racist people disliking this steaming pile of weapons grade bullshit again.

    - - - Updated - - -



    except you're wrong, and they are labelling anybody who criticises this show racist regardless of what criticism they levy at this amateur hour project, so like i have said to Dhrizzle, tell me more about how someone criticising the costumes of the show is being racist, because i would love to know what sort of fucked up logic process you have to jump through to come to that warped fucking conclusion.
    ...racist...

  16. #4236
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    except it's not, every single piece of access media trash has put out articles attacking EVERYBODY, and calls anyone with any criticism regardless of what that criticism is racists, for example a recent review i saw was criticising the costumes, according to these tat publications who's only interest is sucking on the Amazon phallus until such a time as it's no longer profitable to do so, that person who left that negative review is racist for not liking the show, and when i say EVERBODY is being attacked and labelled racist, i mean EVERBODY, so tell me again how it's only racist people disliking this steaming pile of weapons grade bullshit again.

    - - - Updated - - -



    except you're wrong, and they are labelling anybody who criticises this show racist regardless of what criticism they levy at this amateur hour project, so like i have said to Dhrizzle, tell me more about how someone criticising the costumes of the show is being racist, because i would love to know what sort of fucked up logic process you have to jump through to come to that warped fucking conclusion.
    They are racists because they say they are racists...
    It's easy to deflect with "only the racists" when you are the arbiter of deciding who is one and who isn't...in this case, anyone who doesn't agree, regardless of reasons.


    Case in point, post above.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

  17. #4237
    Banned Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,136
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    tell me more about how someone criticising the costumes of the show is being racist,
    This Would depend interiorly on the actual criticism given about the costumes, people could easily be singling out the minority actors and saying they don’t fit In X costume even though it’s in line with all the others or just Simple make racist remarks about the costuming.

    Without actual examples of said criticism and those calling out said criticism there is no way to know.

  18. #4238
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    except it's not, every single piece of access media trash has put out articles attacking EVERYBODY, and calls anyone with any criticism regardless of what that criticism is racists, for example a recent review i saw was criticising the costumes, according to these tat publications who's only interest is sucking on the Amazon phallus until such a time as it's no longer profitable to do so, that person who left that negative review is racist for not liking the show, and when i say EVERBODY is being attacked and labelled racist, i mean EVERBODY, so tell me again how it's only racist people disliking this steaming pile of weapons grade bullshit again.

    - - - Updated - - -



    except you're wrong, and they are labelling anybody who criticises this show racist regardless of what criticism they levy at this amateur hour project, so like i have said to Dhrizzle, tell me more about how someone criticising the costumes of the show is being racist, because i would love to know what sort of fucked up logic process you have to jump through to come to that warped fucking conclusion.
    I don't think you'll find too much disagreement that trash media has trash articles. Of course it's ridiculous to say all criticism of the show is due to racism, it's not a PERFECT show, nothing is.

    Do I believe a lot of criticism is due to a dislike of the race in casting choices, and a counter woke movement that has little to do with the show itself? Yea... And I've debated many on the forum here who argue that arondirs skin colour is ridiculous for the setting of the show.

    But there is plenty to criticise (rightfully or not) about story, costumes, character development, etc. Those are generally the more interesting things to discuss anyway ^^

  19. #4239
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    When Gal jumped ship I kinda chuckled amusingly. In the beginning of the serie there is that classic map on parchment (to give so layout of places for those who may not know).
    The striped line animated to represent the high elves travel to Middle Earth is humongously far in that representation.

    Yet... she strech her limbs and swim for a short while and woopsie daisy here comes a suitable shipwreck. And we have yet to see when she use the sea wyrm as mount to get back for real. I dont care about it but I immediately knew some far fetched explanation is incoming. Dont remember that from the any books but was like 25y ago I read all but the main works.
    Valinor isn't actually on Arda after the first age. Tolkien explains it in one of his letters that going to Valinor would be like (my words) leaving California and going straight winding up outside the atmosphere. If humans tried to go to Valinor they would just find the other side of middle earth or whatever the eastern continent.

  20. #4240
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yes, have to add that to the list of expert marksmen, magicians, smiths etc.
    It's odd though, wonder what athletics dwarves shine in. Midget-Sumo wrestling perhaps or is that taken by haflings *ponder*
    Smashing rocks, clearly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •