1. #4841
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It would be inconsistent in a scene-to-scene basis, of having her shown unconscious at one moment and fully capable in the next. The 'timeskip' is the inconsistency that I'm talking about. There is no scene that explains how she went from one state to the next. Thus it is inconsistent.
    They show us her waking up so no it's not Inconsistent from scene to scene.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  2. #4842
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    She knew it was impossible, she knew it was certain death, but she tried anyway, she 100% tried to commit suicide
    She lives in a world where an elf woman got turned into a bird. The husband of that elf got a flying ship and used that flying ship along with a flock of birds to slay the top Dragon in service to Morgoth. There is nothing to say she thought it was impossible when living in a world with fantastical things.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #4843
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    They show us her waking up so no it's not Inconsistent from scene to scene.
    No, no they don't.

    54:07-54:32 timestamp.

    Galadriel is 'unconscious' underwater the entire time. Halbrad is shown diving down, reaching her. Galadriel is still shown prone and unresponsive and does not acknowledge anyone there. Halbrad tries to unbind her rope, then sees her dagger and grabs it. The very next scene is Galadriel popping up out of the water gasping for air, with Halbrad following immediately.

    ^ This is literally what I am pointing at as being inconsistent with your theory. If the DID have a scene where she woke up, then yeah, I could agree with your explanation.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-09-14 at 11:17 PM.

  4. #4844
    Jesus Christ. That slo-mo smiling on a horse scene was so cringe and bad. This show makes 0 sense.

  5. #4845
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Ah, so forgive the mistakes in the ones you like, harp on the same mistakes on the one you dislike?

    Do you see how disingenuous that is? There's literally been 5 pages of the same posters trying to shit on this show for the whole thread shitting on this one particular thing that happens literally twice in the original LOTR (the first being when Sam was drowning at the end of Fellowship, for much longer than the Dead Marshes scene).
    That isn't what I said, disingenuous much? You throw that shit out after I point out the issues, fuck off.

    I said that it strays from the source material, that is factual. I have in dozens of posts (along with many others) pointed out the dozens of issues within just the show, not including the adaptation aspects of it. These together have caused issues along with the marketing for the show. There are problems in every scene just about and that causes in part the backlash, not to mention the fact the producers and marketing love to toss how how this is the most expensive show ever made, but many aspects of the show nor reflecting that. You can't constantly sing about being a billion dollar show when your writing is some CW shit.

    You want to come in randomly toss out crap and then get mad when people call you on it? Toss off or defend your point with counter points, not attacks on posters because you have no defenses for your opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  6. #4846
    Nothing against blacks in this, but... and it mean but.. Every couple of consequence being interracial is quite weird

  7. #4847
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    No, no they don't.

    54:07-54:32 timestamp.

    Galadriel is 'unconscious' underwater the entire time. Halbrad is shown diving down, reaching her. Galadriel is still shown prone and unresponsive and does not acknowledge anyone there. Halbrad tries to unbind her rope, then sees her dagger and grabs it. The very next scene is Galadriel popping up out of the water gasping for air, with Halbrad following immediately.

    ^ This is literally what I am pointing at as being inconsistent with your theory.
    Went back and checked, Your right I misremembered her opening her eye apparently.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  8. #4848
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Again, that doesn't follow logically.
    It doesn't, the show does not follow logically, yes, thats a fact, you should not be complaining about me on that regard, but the show.

    Suicide means WANTING to die. Just being in a situation where you'll die UNLESS someone saves you doesn't mean you got into that situation with the INTENTION of dying.
    Ah, ou are going for semantics

    If she knew was going to die, and jumped anyway, in the hopes she don't, its the most obnoxious thing in the word, and yes, tis bordeline suicide.

    "just because it wasn't her intent" don't mean its not garbage and bad written, which is the problem we have it.

    She likely knew that the odds of her surviving were very slim.
    No, she knew there was no chances of surviving, she said herself, "certain death"

    She could have said anything, small chances, bad situation, but she said certain death.

    That doesn't mean she wanted to die. It only means she was willing to take a chance. Even a very small chance.
    It means she is retarded, and the writers more so write shit like that

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I'm sorry you don't know how blows to the head or blacking out works I guess?

    Im sorry you don't know how basic narrative works, and how elves are supposed to be resistant than humans with dealing with 'blows to the head" by small debris

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    She lives in a world where an elf woman got turned into a bird. The husband of that elf got a flying ship and used that flying ship along with a flock of birds to slay the top Dragon in service to Morgoth. There is nothing to say she thought it was impossible when living in a world with fantastical things.
    She literally said it was certain that, she confirm it it was impossible, and she did anyway

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    In general terms 8% to 10% of a persons body weight in concrete will cause that person to sink. The link I provided has one of those block pulleys weighing 74lbs. That is enough to pull her down. With out running a test it may or may not be enough to pull the chunk of mast down as well. If weights, buoyancy, and whatever else functions as it does in the real world that it is plausible.
    Im not saying its impossible for someone to sink, im saying its impossible to pull her down THAT FAST AND THAT HARD.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-09-14 at 11:24 PM.

  9. #4849
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Im not saying its impossible for someone to sink, im saying its impossible to pull her down THAT FAST AND THAT HARD.
    Lol. What does hard even mean when it is used as a distinct category from speed? What would sinking softly be?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #4850
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Im sorry you don't know how basic narrative works, and how elves are supposed to be resistant than humans with dealing with 'blows to the head" by small debris
    Well please do education me on the subject it shouldn't be hard to display something so basics to the narrative, surely Tolkien must have written extensively about the different level's of force and elf and a human need to the back of the head to be knocked out.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  11. #4851
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Ah, ou are going for semantics
    I am going for what words mean. Don't use a word that doesn't apply here. Then we don't have to argue about it. If you intend to use words incorrectly, don't complain when people point out that you used it incorrectly. "Lol semantics" is not a defense against incorrect usage of words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If she knew was going to die, and jumped anyway, in the hopes she don't, its the most obnoxious thing in the word, and yes, tis bordeline suicide.
    No it isn't. "I hope I don't die, but I might" is not not in any way shape or form suicide. It may be recklessly stupid or whatever else, but suicide needs INTENT, and by admitting the hope that she doesn't die you yourself agree that this can't be suicide.

    Whether or not it's poorly written is another matter. Bad writing doesn't give you license to make false claims.

  12. #4852
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,555
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Lol. What does hard even mean when it is used as a distinct category from speed? What would sinking softly be?
    Nice deflection by the way, why don't you just drop the subject entirely since you know it was a bullshit scene and it have no defence?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Well please do education me on the subject it shouldn't be hard to display something so basics to the narrative, surely Tolkien must have written extensively about the different level's of force and elf and a human need to the back of the head to be knocked out.
    You have being "educated" on that matter heavily, you just ignore, so im not going to take that job, sorry.

    But like you said, the show presents her as a super-human being, its in the narrative of the show, then next scene she is knocked out in the cold by a piece of wood, fucking hilarious

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I am going for what words mean. Don't use a word that doesn't apply here. Then we don't have to argue about it. If you intend to use words incorrectly, don't complain when people point out that you used it incorrectly. "Lol semantics" is not a defense against incorrect usage of words.
    Im pretty sure going over the WORD, instead of the meaning of the scene and hat happens, sure matters, proving that she was not suicidal but retarded does not make the show any better neither take any of my criticisms away, still is a dumb scene with bar writing.

    Using "she is suicidal", is a mean to be a hyperbole to mock the fucking the scene being so goddamit obnoxious, because she KNEW it was certain death, and jumped anyway


    Again, see how much you have to go into defending this shit, "your false claims" come on

  13. #4853
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It did. It makes introduced different character roles, excluded others, skipped some, and did whatever it needed to in order to make an adaptation that Mr. Jackson was happy with. You can't just dismiss those changes to canon simply because you like it. Well you can but it shows the hypocrisy in your statements.

    Anybody with the rights to making a Tolkien product has already been allowed to create a "multiverse". You act as if Amazon is the first company to produce something that diverges from Tolkien-canon. The Lego video games created another universe. War in the North. Lord of the Rings Online. Shadow of War and Shadow of Mordor. And more that I haven't listed.

    All you keep doing is how you are selectively applying arguments to single out Amazon while ignoring any other case where your argument applies. That is hatred for the sake of hatred.
    Other studios trying to make a dollar off the Tolkien name while not respecting or honoring is work because the Tolkien estate allows it doesnt change what the man wanted when he was alive. Obviously the Tolkien Estate is not Tolkien and other studios doing whatever they want to do is not changing what the man said and wrote about his vision for his stories remaining intact and being preserved by any adaptation. I never said anything about Peter Jackson other than he was trying to stay faithful to the source material as opposed to arguing it being an adaptation gave him free reign to do whatever he wanted. Whether or not Peter Jackson was a 100% does not change what Tolkien intended for his works and any other forms produced by third parties. Two totally separate things. What you are basically arguing here is any old story can put out with the name Tolkien and should be allowed too, no matter what Tolkien intended or wanted.....

  14. #4854
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Nice deflection by the way, why don't you just drop the subject entirely since you know it was a bullshit scene and it have no defence?
    If you don't want to, or can't, define your own word that is fine. Just don't try to pass it off as a problem on my end. I've provided you with arguments that have defeated your objections enough to where instead of her sinking in the first place it is now the speed that is the problem with the scene.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #4855
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Im pretty sure going over the WORD, instead of the meaning of the scene and hat happens, sure matters, proving that she was not suicidal but retarded does not make the show any better neither take any of my criticisms away, still is a dumb scene with bar writing.
    Again, my problem in this case is specifically with what you said, not with what's happening in the scene. Do I think the show is particularly well written? Not even close.

    But bad writing doesn't allow you to write bullshit statements, and then go "doesn't matter what I said, the show is bad tho!".

  16. #4856
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    You have being "educated" on that matter heavily, you just ignore, so im not going to take that job, sorry
    So your just making stuff up and can't actually back any of it up, thought as much.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  17. #4857
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,703
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Other studios trying to make a dollar off the Tolkien name while not respecting or honoring is work because the Tolkien estate allows it doesnt change what the man wanted when he was alive.
    He sold the exclusive rights to his work prior to his death. That sale didn't include provisions that it has to adhere to a strict adaption of his work so yes any future work that has the rights can do whatever they want with that work. It is why we have had dozens of things that have changed his work and created their own things inside that fictional world. Yet it is only a problem now when you don't like something.

    It matters if the Jackson work was 100% faithful or not because it was celebrated by a lot of fans yet it has the same qualities that you say should be looked down upon by everyone because Tolkien didn't want "multiverses". Isn't it strange how things are only a problem when it comes to Rings of Power but magically are not when applied to other works?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #4858
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Again, my problem in this case is specifically with what you said, not with what's happening in the scene. Do I think the show is particularly well written? Not even close.

    But bad writing doesn't allow you to write bullshit statements, and then go "doesn't matter what I said, the show is bad tho!".
    Your problem is a problem you, yourself, created, for no reason, because you are making a big deal over a mockery of the show trying to lecture "what acshtually" is suicide, when we know, its just to show how th whole thing is nonsensical and she have brain damage for jumping for certain death, its when people start doing dumb stuff some say "look at him, going for that again, he is suicidal" its not to be taken literal

    "don't write bullshit statements about this bullshit show" give me a fucking break

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If you don't want to, or can't, define your own word that is fine. Just don't try to pass it off as a problem on my end. I've provided you with arguments that have defeated your objections enough to where instead of her sinking in the first place it is now the speed that is the problem with the scene.
    Perfect example of a Strawman, instead of attacking the point, of how nonsensical the scene was, you are jumping on the word. Well done, its the only way to go from you

    And yes, the problem is the speed, how fast it is, like she is tied to fucking anchor

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So your just making stuff up and can't actually back any of it up, thought as much.
    The show back me up, by showing she is stronger, more resistant than other elves

    elves are stronger and resistant than humans

    And yet, a piece of wood smoke the gal into oblivion, for sure man, its just me making stuff up
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-09-14 at 11:52 PM.

  19. #4859
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Perfect example of a Strawman, instead of attacking the point, of how nonsensical the scene was, you are jumping on the word. Well done, its the only way to go from you And yes, the problem is the speed, how fast it is, like she is tied to fucking anchor
    You said the problem with the scene was with how fast and hard she was going. It isn't a strawman to ask you to define your own argument. An anchor is just a heavy object. I've established that a block pulley can be a heavy object. So congrats on proving with your own argument that you don't actually have a problem with that scene. lmao.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #4860
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,555
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You said the problem with the scene was with how fast and hard she was going. It isn't a strawman to ask you to define your own argument. An anchor is just a heavy object. I've established that a block pulley can be a heavy object. So congrats on proving with your own argument that you don't actually have a problem with that scene. lmao.
    so much blabbering to not say shit

    You want to us to believe a not big wood block pulley, can be as heavy as a goddamn anchor and pull her down that fast, miraculous
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-09-14 at 11:56 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •