1. #4901
    Banned Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Whcih would still be dumb, as everyone else would see it, since elves can see far away

    oh wait, they don't, all those elves captured because didn't saw it, like come on, everything work so aligned so the things happens in the way they are supposed to, its railroad as it finest.
    or you know they captured the watch post before there trench thing was moved with in its view. It’s even likely they took the post when black elf went to check on his girl friend which is why the other elfs were already there before he was captured exploring a tunnel in a distant town.


    Too bad no one in the village the girl who have the hots for the elf is black, at least i didn't find then
    no but the human girl friends son is notably Asian and given that they are leaving for some where else in the south lands it’s fairly certain that we’ll see the black villagers when ever we see where they went.

  2. #4902
    I'm not watching it, but my brother is. He's comparing it to the WoT series that they did and how they're fucking things up just as much. Much like the WoT series, he's slowly dying inside from how much they're killing literature.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

  3. #4903
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    ...lol

    Even if she was strong enough to swim against being pulled down by a big chunk of wood/metal/rope, it wouldn't much matter if she was fucking unconscious. Which...you know:

    I feel like a mic drop picture needs to be inserted…

  4. #4904
    Banned Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I'm not watching it, but my brother is. He's comparing it to the WoT series that they did and how they're fucking things up just as much. Much like the WoT series, he's slowly dying inside from how much they're killing literature.
    Killing literature? Are they burning any copy’s of the books they can find and shooting modern day authors or something?

  5. #4905
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Killing literature? Are they burning any copy’s of the books they can find and shooting modern day authors or something?
    Can't argue it, better go for Nazi like burning books examples instead!
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

  6. #4906
    High Overlord Shiatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    127
    "This is not the Lord of the Rings show you are looking for. You can go about your business."
    If we ignore enough of this tripe it may just go away.

  7. #4907
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Can't argue it, better go for Nazi like burning books examples instead!
    Tolkien's work remains the same regardless of what the show does. It isn't like film butchering book adaptations is anything new so literature would have been six feet under for a long time prior to Rings of Power. This is no different then the Marvel movies being part of their own "universe" that is distinct from the source medium (comics). The comics are not destroyed or invalidated because it isn't a 1:1 copy.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-09-14 at 02:51 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #4908
    Banned Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Can't argue it, better go for Nazi like burning books examples instead!
    What is there to even argue? A show isn’t even literature and no one is stopping people from reading there old books Or new authors from making new books.

  9. #4909
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Tolkien's work remains the same regardless of what the show does. It isn't like film butchering book adaptations is anything new so literature would been six feet under for a long time prior to Rings of Power. This is no different then the Marvel movies being part of their own "universe" that is distinct from the source medium (comics). The comics are not destroyed or invalidated because it isn't a 1:1 copy.
    Tolkien's work is not a multiverse. There is supposed to be only one canonical set of events and characters which primarily are based on what he wrote. This nonsense that we can have 5 different versions of the second age based on 5 different studios 'interpretation' is not what Tolkien wanted. Marvel owns their IP and can do what they want with it. Tolkien is dead and the Tolkien estate is basically farming off part of his story for money. Amazon does not have the rights to tell the "definitive" story of the second age, whether Tolkien fleshed it out or not. Whatever they are doing is not canon and is just a made up story that is not literally part of Tolkien's legendarium. So this show is just that, a billion dollar "what if" fan fiction. Which makes their claims about being ground breaking totally disingenuous and phony. And if that is what the Tolkien estate is allowing then shame on them. None of these made up characters are canon and nobody has to respect them if they do another version of the second age. And nobody has to follow Amazons 'compressed' timeline, nor do they have to respect the made up narrative they have created outside Tolkien.

    What you are basically saying is it is OK for any studio to just throw some crap into the second age and call it Tolkien.......

    Now if you like it and all, then thats fine, but to call this Tolkien as if it is canon, is false. And the reason why so many people are complaining is because Amazon themselves have tried to sell this show as a literal canon version of the second age story when it isn't. At the end of every episode it states clearly that this series is only 'inspired' by Tolkien and that even if the characters have the same names as those from Tolkien, they are not literally based on what Tolkien wrote. But they put that at the very end of the credits in a place most people wont ever see it. Amazon knows it is not canon so as long as we keep it at that then fine. But it is the marketing of trying to have it both ways in pretending that it is canon while in the small print stating it isn't is the problem
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2022-09-14 at 02:57 PM.

  10. #4910
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,358
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Tolkien's work is not a multiverse.
    It still is not. There is only one canonical set of events. This isn't even the first adaptation so your statements are a little silly to make. If Marvel can do what they want with their IP then can't the Tolkien Estate do what they want with their IP including selling the rights to a company?

    https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Adaptat...d_of_the_Rings
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #4911
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It still is not. There is only one canonical set of events. This isn't even the first adaptation so your statements are a little silly to make. If Marvel can do what they want with their IP then can't the Tolkien Estate do what they want with their IP including selling the rights to a company?

    https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Adaptat...d_of_the_Rings
    Oh they can absolutely do what they want with their IP.

    But the fans don't have to be happy about that do they? Look at the shit show Star Wars had with the sequel trilogy. Only now are they building back some good faith with Mandalorian and some of the shows (and even then the shows are a bit hit and miss)

    I mean the whole reason people are upset about this series is because it's not great. Hell, it's technically not even good by audience aggregate standards. And it's kinda sad because it really should be better than what we're getting. IMO, so far there's much more bad than there is good in the series, and the best way to enjoy it is on a surface level, like watching some CW DC superhero show. Otherwise the writers haven't really built a consistent world that has the richness of depth expected of (a derivative of) Tolkien's work
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-09-14 at 03:13 PM.

  12. #4912
    Banned Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,136
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Tolkien's work is not a multiverse. There is supposed to be only one canonical set of events and characters which primarily are based on what he wrote.
    The Tolkien multiverse ship kinda already sailed in 1978 with the animated movies which broke the canon and then again with the Jackson movies and again with shadow of Mordor.

    ROP is the 5th different continuity at this point with all Of them being under Tolkien's name/franchise even though he didn’t write them.

  13. #4913
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    12,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Oh man, get ready for the cringiest slow-mo horse-riding scene ever
    You all complained that this woman never smiled.. now you know why :P


    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Killing literature? Are they burning any copy’s of the books they can find and shooting modern day authors or something?
    I mean, not burned, but America is trying to ban it because, something, something, religion,. something :P

    Maybe thats why they are afraid, they afraid they'll be no books and Rings of Power is the only source material they'll have... lol.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-09-14 at 03:18 PM.
    "People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" - Wynne ( Dragon Age: Origins.)

  14. #4914
    Banned Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I mean, not burned, but America is trying to ban it because, something, something, religion,. something :P

    Maybe thats why they are afraid, they afraid they'll be no books and Rings of Power is the only source material they'll have... lol.
    Huh ya I totally forgot that was an ongoing thing in America.

    And Who knows Mabye if you dig deep enough you can find Amazon funding them to corner the market!

  15. #4915
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Even if she was strong enough to swim against being pulled down by a big chunk of wood/metal/rope, it wouldn't much matter if she was fucking unconscious. Which...you know:
    Know what's even better about people who are unconscious under water?

    They instantly drown because they're incapable of holding their breath. Nice touch, that. Having her swim to the surface herself without needing to be resuscitated after drowning for at least 10 seconds and undoubtedly actively taking on water into her lungs.

  16. #4916
    Warchief rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    2,120
    i'm quite frankly astonished nobody has brought up the emergency interview these amateurs had to do recently in order to try and justify their cultural appropriation and absolutely disgusting stereotyping with their writing, it's actually pretty funny seeing them come out and start to backtrack on the name calling and ist/phobe labelling they have been throwing around lately in an utterly embarrassing attempt to try and avoid the repercussions of their actions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Know what's even better about people who are unconscious under water?

    They instantly drown because they're incapable of holding their breath. Nice touch, that. Having her swim to the surface herself without needing to be resuscitated after drowning for at least 10 seconds and undoubtedly actively taking on water into her lungs.
    you forgot that warrior goddess galadriel who don't need no man is immune to such trivialities such as this, she not only has unbreakable plot armour the likes of which has not been seen before, even in the most egregious Anime productions, but she also has the power of feminism on her side, and that is a weapon unlike any other.


  17. #4917
    Banned Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,136
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i'm quite frankly astonished nobody has brought up the emergency interview these amateurs had to do recently in order to try and justify their cultural appropriation and absolutely disgusting stereotyping with their writing, it's actually pretty funny seeing them come out and start to backtrack on the name calling and ist/phobe labelling they have been throwing around lately in an utterly embarrassing attempt to try and avoid the repercussions of their actions.
    Don’t tend to follow post release media, What cultural appropriation and stereotyping are they justifying? Nothing comes to mind for the first 3 episodes.

  18. #4918
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i'm quite frankly astonished nobody has brought up the emergency interview these amateurs had to do recently in order to try and justify their cultural appropriation and absolutely disgusting stereotyping with their writing, it's actually pretty funny seeing them come out and start to backtrack on the name calling and ist/phobe labelling they have been throwing around lately in an utterly embarrassing attempt to try and avoid the repercussions of their actions.

    - - - Updated - - -



    you forgot that warrior goddess galadriel who don't need no man is immune to such trivialities such as this, she not only has unbreakable plot armour the likes of which has not been seen before, even in the most egregious Anime productions, but she also has the power of feminism on her side, and that is a weapon unlike any other.
    Remember when the man saved Galadriel from drowning? You're such a troll.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Don’t tend to follow post release media, What cultural appropriation and stereotyping are they justifying? Nothing comes to mind for the first 3 episodes.
    He means he's triggered by black people in stuff. Pretty simple. He's been complaining about it for hundreds of pages.

  19. #4919
    Banned Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,136
    Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    He means he's triggered by black people in stuff. Pretty simple. He's been complaining about it for hundreds of pages.
    I’d assume if they are pointing towards an interview where they talk about cultural appropriation and stereotyping said interview would give some actual examples though.

  20. #4920
    Warchief rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Don’t tend to follow post release media, What cultural appropriation and stereotyping are they justifying? Nothing comes to mind for the first 3 episodes.
    it was an interview with them trying to justify why they made the hobbits-not hobbits into dirty irish people, and why they made all the dwarves have a stereotypical scots accent, they were called out by the Irish Post newspaper.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Remember when the man saved Galadriel from drowning? You're such a troll.

    - - - Updated - - -



    He means he's triggered by black people in stuff. Pretty simple. He's been complaining about it for hundreds of pages.
    oh the irony of your moronic assumption is hilarious, please do it more, you gave me a good laugh which i needed today as i'm forced to ingest 4 different types of pain medication to manage one of my health problems, you making a complete fucking muppet out of yourself has made my day, keep it up, i'm sure it makes you look really smart /s.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •