1. #5201
    In the latest episode, I've mostly been confused by Arondir's arc (not the character himself). If Adar--seemingly the leader of the Orcs in the Southlands--let Arondir go to deliver a message, then why are the Orcs chasing him? Their leader released him...

  2. #5202
    The Lightbringer Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,568
    They weren't chasing him...

  3. #5203
    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    In the latest episode, I've mostly been confused by Arondir's arc (not the character himself). If Adar--seemingly the leader of the Orcs in the Southlands--let Arondir go to deliver a message, then why are the Orcs chasing him? Their leader released him...
    They made it pretty clear that they thought getting the kid was extremely important. Whether that's because that orc actually recognized the significance of the (presumably) Morgul blade, or just because they wanted something good to eat...it doesn't mean that they'd stop chasing him just because Arondir showed up.

  4. #5204

  5. #5205
    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    In the latest episode, I've mostly been confused by Arondir's arc (not the character himself). If Adar--seemingly the leader of the Orcs in the Southlands--let Arondir go to deliver a message, then why are the Orcs chasing him? Their leader released him...

    Because they aren't the same orcs that are at the trench? It's very clear that Arondir is in a different place than the woman and her son. Those orcs are orcs that are most likely scouting for more slaves/supplies, and not the ones that we saw helping oversee the trench. So while they are part of the same warband, they aren't there to see Adar send Arondir off with a message. At least, that is how I interpreted it with the cuts to different locales. It's also shown that those orcs really want the hilt that the kid has and are chasing the kid, who is then saved by Arondir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

  6. #5206
    The show keeps delivering amazing visuals that get ruined as soon as someone talks.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

  7. #5207
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,886
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I'm starting to think each of the perspectives has its own continuity as opposed to each of them progressing along side of each other, at least thats how I've been able to make sense of it.

    Like the Elrond perspective is progressing much faster than say, the Halbrand/Galadriel perspective though if thats the case I wonder at what point they'll merge?
    Its already know the showrunners don't give a crap about the writing, the acting, the logic or the narrative, so its not far from reality to believe they simple don't give a crap about continuity as well.

  8. #5208
    Still trying to figure out where those other Silvan elves are, now that the ones who were watching the town got captured. Surely the rest of the Silvan realm would be aware of this by now and be sending reinforcements.......

    But of course that awesome writing has set it up where the Silvan Elves are under the control of Linden, with Gil Galad telling them to abandon the watch. And conveniently it is just at this time that they get captured, implying this would be the reason nobody would notice the arrival of Orcs and the destruction of villages and Elven outposts. Not only is it so obviously an example of the writers pen, but also breaks even more of the lore in the process. The Silvan realm was always on the other side of the Misty Mountains, home to Khazad Dhum. They were never directly under the Noldor of Linden because they never went to Valinor in the first place. So if anything, they would not be under Noldor command and they would return to the Woodland realm not Linden. But beyond that, how is it that no traveler, trader or other people would notice that these villages are now destroyed and the populations missing. All to drag out another set of mysteries that really aren't mysteries and slow down the story even more instead of just getting on with it.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2022-09-17 at 01:21 PM.

  9. #5209
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,320
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    The Silvan realm was always on the other side of the Misty Mountains, home to Khazad Dhum. They were never directly under the Noldor of Linden because they never went to Valinor in the first place. So if anything, they would not be under Noldor command and they would return to the Woodland realm not Linden. But beyond that, how is it that no traveler, trader or other people would notice that these villages are now destroyed and the populations missing. All to drag out another set of mysteries that really aren't mysteries and slow down the story even more instead of just getting on with it.
    Silvan mixed with others in the Second Age because of refugees from Beleriand. Those refugees even ended up eventually becoming leaders or "high up" because they mixed and even brought "normal" elven language back to the group. It doesn't really break the lore for a watchpost to have all Silvan elves. Even if it is just a small group that answers to the High King. As for traders or other people noticing it is simple. They aren't many. It has only been a few weeks at most and the Orcs could be killing others. We don't know where on the routes the watchpost is located.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-09-17 at 01:51 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #5210
    Banned rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Still trying to figure out where those other Silvan elves are, now that the ones who were watching the town got captured. Surely the rest of the Silvan realm would be aware of this by now and be sending reinforcements.......

    But of course that awesome writing has set it up where the Silvan Elves are under the control of Linden, with Gil Galad telling them to abandon the watch. And conveniently it is just at this time that they get captured, implying this would be the reason nobody would notice the arrival of Orcs and the destruction of villages and Elven outposts. Not only is it so obviously an example of the writers pen, but also breaks even more of the lore in the process. The Silvan realm was always on the other side of the Misty Mountains, home to Khazad Dhum. They were never directly under the Noldor of Linden because they never went to Valinor in the first place. So if anything, they would not be under Noldor command and they would return to the Woodland realm not Linden. But beyond that, how is it that no traveler, trader or other people would notice that these villages are now destroyed and the populations missing. All to drag out another set of mysteries that really aren't mysteries and slow down the story even more instead of just getting on with it.
    fun fact, in the second age the silvan faction ceases to exist, so i have no fucking clue why these amateur show runners are using this as a faction in the show to begin with.

  11. #5211
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,320
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    fun fact, in the second age the silvan faction ceases to exist, so i have no fucking clue why these amateur show runners are using this as a faction in the show to begin with.
    Because they still exist? The Sindar essentially became the ruling class of the group but the Silvan still existed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #5212
    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    In the latest episode, I've mostly been confused by Arondir's arc (not the character himself). If Adar--seemingly the leader of the Orcs in the Southlands--let Arondir go to deliver a message, then why are the Orcs chasing him? Their leader released him...
    Or maybe the orcs were chasing someone else. the kid, with the sword pummel.

  13. #5213
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Silvan mixed with others in the Second Age because of refugees from Beleriand. Those refugees even ended up eventually becoming leaders or "high up" because they mixed and even brought "normal" elven language back to the group. It doesn't really break the lore for a watchpost to have all Silvan elves. Even if it is just a small group that answers to the High King. As for traders or other people noticing it is simple. They aren't many. It has only been a few weeks at most and the Orcs could be killing others. We don't know where on the routes the watchpost is located.
    The Silvans had their own ruler and were not taking orders from Linden. If they were going to introduce Silvan Elves into the show then they should have shown that they had their own king and ruler just as they did in all over versions of this story. Meaning, the only reason for this scenario is to create a situation of a small number of Elves get captured and nobody notices. Otherwise, if they were sent there to watch over the South Landers, then there should be lines of communications at the bare minimum, with the larger body of Elves being canonically close by in the Anduin realm on the other side of the Misty Mountains. Mordor is also on the same side of the Misty Mountains to the South East of the Anduin Having them under the command of Linden just makes it a larger distance to travel for information or news on the status of these soldiers which makes no sense. What is the point of having this outpost if they cannot get news of an attack back to the Elves in time for them to do something?

  14. #5214
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,320
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Otherwise, if they were sent there to watch over the South Landers, then there should be lines of communications at the bare minimum, with the larger body of Elves being canonically close by in the Anduin realm on the other side of the Misty Mountains.
    Who says there isn't help coming? It isn't the modern world where they can just shoot out a text that says they need help. We know from the trailers that there are scenes fighting orcs. We haven't seen the rest of the season to know what does or does not come. Also what is to say that they are not a group sent by the Silvan to help keep watch for the forces of dark? If the Silvan took in refuges from the last conflict don't you think that is something they would be interested in doing?

    All you are doing is nitpicking because you don't like the show when the stuff you keep attacking is only a problem if you look to make it one.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #5215
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It would be impossible to Galadriel swim across the ocean from elfland to middle earth, period, She even confirm herself saying the Numenor people rescued her from certain death

    She knew it was impossible, she knew it was certain death, but she tried anyway, she 100% tried to commit suicide
    Once again for this thread, not you specifically, this post just shows a basic lack of understanding when it comes to typical character motivations shown in soooo much TV/film. She's not trying to commit suicide, she's trying all she can to actually do something to follow up on the fact she believes Sauron is still out there and is going to make his return. What else was she meant to do, just tread water for nobody knows how long and leave Middle Earth's denizens to suffer with a quippy line about how its "not my problem, I need to keep floating"?

    I dread catching up on the last few days of posts if this is where I'm starting lol I'm ready to ask again how many people have never actually read or seen any piece of media ever...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Nothing against blacks in this, but...
    What a great start to a post...

  16. #5216
    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    In the latest episode, I've mostly been confused by Arondir's arc (not the character himself). If Adar--seemingly the leader of the Orcs in the Southlands--let Arondir go to deliver a message, then why are the Orcs chasing him? Their leader released him...
    The show seemed to make clear that the orcs were looking for something in particular, which appears to have been the sword hilt. A lot of "WE FOUND IT" happening around the sword, and now the kid has it. Arondir helped the kid. Therefore, the orcs aren't necessarily chasing Arondir but Theo.

  17. #5217
    Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    It just seems to me that you have no standards.
    A lot of people in this thread don't seem to have ever even read a book, let alone be the massive Tolkien fans they try to project themselves as. I'm not so sure its a me issue. But congrats on your impressive refutation of my post, I guess?

  18. #5218
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Who says there isn't help coming? It isn't the modern world where they can just shoot out a text that says they need help. We know from the trailers that there are scenes fighting orcs. We haven't seen the rest of the season to know what does or does not come. Also what is to say that they are not a group sent by the Silvan to help keep watch for the forces of dark? If the Silvan took in refuges from the last conflict don't you think that is something they would be interested in doing?

    All you are doing is nitpicking because you don't like the show when the stuff you keep attacking is only a problem if you look to make it one.
    It is writing. What is the point of having a watchtower if there is no way to signal an alert to get help in case something happens? That isn't even a nitpick. In older eras, such things would have had runners, scouts, messengers, carrier pigeons, fire signals or something to notify people on short notice. So all we have here is just a couple elves and a tower. Thats it. No fort nearby or other kind of Elven encampment or settlement. Typically when Elves wanted to defend an area they would make a settlement with towers and battlements nearby, not just a tower by itself.

  19. #5219
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Some people just like to be contrarians, because thy like to feel superiors, This guy is riding a high horse in a slower motion than Galadriel, lmao
    Nah, dude, people like you just come across as too fucking stupid to actually understand what you're watching. Its like this with you in Marvel threads, too. Remember the Loki thread? lol

    People know the show is shit, they know the writing is awful, the acting is bad and the plot is nonsensical, so they don't have any way to defend it, then they deflect and start to talk about the people criticizing to cope out.

    They can talk about how beautiful the scenario is, and its true, its amazing, the Cgi is beautiful(except tht fucking worg, it looked like Eddie from lion king), Numenor is well done, but its painting shit with gold, still is shit
    I don't know its shit. I know it has some problems and that I enjoy it in spite of those. My post lays out most of what I wanted to say on it.

    Also, the warg looks fucking amazing. Anyone saying otherwise knows absolutely fuck all on what they're talking about. Even if its face does remind me a bit of Sonic...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I have to say the Dwarf scenes are by far the best part of this show
    Leading into the Disa singing scene was pretty fantastic. The song/vocals were great.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    They made it pretty clear that they thought getting the kid was extremely important. Whether that's because that orc actually recognized the significance of the (presumably) Morgul blade, or just because they wanted something good to eat...it doesn't mean that they'd stop chasing him just because Arondir showed up.
    They quite literally make a point of saying "he has the hilt" and reporting that they found it and so on. They're specifically looking for him/chasing him for what he has.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Its wild that the guy who supposedly only watched 15mins of episode 1, and the guy that argued all the 1/10 reviews were so legitimate it was a clear sign to not watch any more than he had, are still here commenting on new episodes.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2022-09-17 at 05:07 PM.

  20. #5220
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,320
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    It is writing. What is the point of having a watchtower if there is no way to signal an alert to get help in case something happens?
    They were ordered to withdraw so they were most likely captured as they were withdrawing. So there was nothing to signal or the orcs captured the "pigeons, runners, etc" in the process. You are creating an issue where none exists. We don't know what is nearby because we haven't been shown. The company might not yet be over due so nothing was out of the ordinary. You act as if the elves are required to be omnipotent and can never fail or be bested.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •