1. #5521
    I don't think the dual timeline theory is true. Its revelation wouldn't really make for a cool twist in relation to anything we've seen so far. I've seen speculation that Rowan is Halbrand, but the EP6 teaser seems to debunk that. And if we discover it was actually two meteors viewed at different times, then so what? The big reveal is that there are two crazy wizards instead of one? Hardly worth tricking the viewer for an entire season. Misdirection like that would need a major payoff and there's nothing to provide that. There are no puzzle pieces which if put together by a timeline reveal would make for anything significant.

  2. #5522
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah, I took it as a "how DARE you say his name?!" sort of thing. And the old guy said they wanted their place at his side, as though they were equals, which I assume would only add to the animosity.
    That orc lover.. I don't know what kind of heresy is afoot on that storyline but he's ripe for burning by holy fire either way
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

    End of quote. Repeat the line.

  3. #5523
    Reading the post about Adar's apparent dislike of Sauron made me think of something that adds to the 'Halbrand is Sauron' thing. Perhaps it's actually true that Sauron was driven out by Adar and his forces, which would make everything he's said to Galadriel the truth. And his reticence over leaving Numenor early was because he wanted Galadriel to put together the army he said she would need. What better way for Sauron to defeat his rival than turn up with Galadriel and an army of Numenoreans to wipe him out?

  4. #5524
    Herald of the Titans rogoth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    This is where we cut to the clip of Zack Snyder disavowing toxic cunts like the one whose video you linked, right? "Indefensible" indeed.
    last time i checked, Adamas has been going out of his way to defend this shit at every turn, i have already laid out what makes this show indefensible, i mean you're welcome to disagree with that but you would be wrong in doing so, because like i have stated now if you ignore all the egregious lore bastardisations, and you ignore the the various woke messaging interlaced throughout the entire writing of the trash tier script, the entire production is amateur at best, for the most expensive fantasy tv show production in history, many of the cheap and tacky costumes, set designs, CGI should never have made it past test phase, and yet here we are, i'll be honest if i was this bad where i work i would be out of a job, and yet for some reason you and the other mindslaves seem to give this mediocrity a pass for what reason i don't know.

  5. #5525
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    last time i checked, Adamas has been going out of his way to defend this shit at every turn, i have already laid out what makes this show indefensible, i mean you're welcome to disagree with that but you would be wrong in doing so, because like i have stated now if you ignore all the egregious lore bastardisations, and you ignore the the various woke messaging interlaced throughout the entire writing of the trash tier script, the entire production is amateur at best, for the most expensive fantasy tv show production in history, many of the cheap and tacky costumes, set designs, CGI should never have made it past test phase, and yet here we are, i'll be honest if i was this bad where i work i would be out of a job, and yet for some reason you and the other mindslaves seem to give this mediocrity a pass for what reason i don't know.
    What interlaced "woke messaging" is different from Lord of the Rings?
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

  6. #5526
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    last time i checked, Adamas has been going out of his way to defend this shit at every turn, i have already laid out what makes this show indefensible, i mean you're welcome to disagree with that but you would be wrong in doing so, because like i have stated now if you ignore all the egregious lore bastardisations, and you ignore the the various woke messaging interlaced throughout the entire writing of the trash tier script, the entire production is amateur at best, for the most expensive fantasy tv show production in history, many of the cheap and tacky costumes, set designs, CGI should never have made it past test phase, and yet here we are, i'll be honest if i was this bad where i work i would be out of a job, and yet for some reason you and the other mindslaves seem to give this mediocrity a pass for what reason i don't know.
    Its not wrong to like a story and even claim its better than what tolkien himself could do, tolkiens books are full of holes and plenty of bad writing but you can still enjoy something regardless of if other ppl think its good or not.

    If the company doesnt have the rights to do the story as tolkien has wrote it then you cant complain they are doing it thier own way because they have to do it a different way, plus tolkien has not done a story in the age where the tv series takes place so they have plenty of freedom to fill out places that need be.

    The tv series is good, your opinion on the otherhand is just that an opinion.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-09-25 at 05:08 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  7. #5527
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    13,118
    I assume season 1 is going to end with the rings of power being made and Sauron being defeated by the combined forces of elves and Numenoreans?

    With 3 episodes left thats going to be tough to fit in. Its also after this that Sauron retreats to Mordor, which will then be followed immediately by the first wizards (Radagast and Saruman) arriving on middle earth...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

    Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

  8. #5528
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,430
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    woke messaging interlaced throughout the entire writing of the trash tier script
    I’m two episodes behind due to lack of time so Mabye I haven’t got there yet it but what woke messaging is there in the script?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  9. #5529
    Herald of the Titans rogoth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its not wrong to like a story and even claim its better than what tolkien himself could do, tolkiens books are full of holes and plenty of bad writing but you can still enjoy something regardless of if other ppl think its good or not.

    If the company doesnt have the rights to do the story as tolkien has wrote it then you cant complain they are doing it thier own way because they have to do it a different way, plus tolkien has not done a story in the age where the tv series takes place so they have plenty of freedom to fill out places that need be.

    The tv series is good, your opinion on the otherhand is just that an opinion.
    based on every metric currently available, it would disagree with that sentiment entirely, it's not a good show, it's lost over 70% of total audience since episode 1, and has seen Amazon scramble in a comical attempt to salvage what they can by deleting negative reviews censoring anybody with a bad word to say on the subject, that's not my opinion, these are immutable facts, while you can not like them, you cannot change them.

    secondly, i have no qualms with a company coming in and taking the bare bones of what was written and expanding upon it, but nothing in this show is in anyway shape or form remotely close to that of Tolkien himself in both essence or in actuality, which only helps reinforce the notion that these amateur showrunners who wrote this terrible script are inept at their craft and are unfit to be given the responsibility that such a project would demand.

    lastly, if they weren't able to get the rights to the material they needed, they should have appointed people who had a decent enough reputation and were capable of the task to interpret and invent alongside what already exists, as it stands this badly written fan fiction is so far removed from anything resembling Tolkien it's a farce.

  10. #5530
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its not wrong to like a story and even claim its better than what tolkien himself could do, tolkiens books are full of holes and plenty of bad writing but you can still enjoy something regardless of if other ppl think its good or not.

    If the company doesnt have the rights to do the story as tolkien has wrote it then you cant complain they are doing it thier own way because they have to do it a different way, plus tolkien has not done a story in the age where the tv series takes place so they have plenty of freedom to fill out places that need be.

    The tv series is good, your opinion on the otherhand is just that an opinion.
    You have to be smoking some heavy crackrock to think the writing of this show is even remotely comparable to Tolkien. At this point Stephanie Meyer can write characters with more depth and motivation than these showrunners.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I assume season 1 is going to end with the rings of power being made and Sauron being defeated by the combined forces of elves and Numenoreans?

    With 3 episodes left thats going to be tough to fit in. Its also after this that Sauron retreats to Mordor, which will then be followed immediately by the first wizards (Radagast and Saruman) arriving on middle earth...
    Aren't there only 2 more episodes left this season? Wouldn't that be kind of rushed?
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-09-25 at 05:35 PM.

  11. #5531
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,325
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    it's lost over 70% of total audience since episode 1
    Do you have proof of that?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #5532
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    based on every metric currently available, it would disagree with that sentiment entirely, it's not a good show, it's lost over 70% of total audience since episode 1, and has seen Amazon scramble in a comical attempt to salvage what they can by deleting negative reviews censoring anybody with a bad word to say on the subject, that's not my opinion, these are immutable facts, while you can not like them, you cannot change them.

    secondly, i have no qualms with a company coming in and taking the bare bones of what was written and expanding upon it, but nothing in this show is in anyway shape or form remotely close to that of Tolkien himself in both essence or in actuality, which only helps reinforce the notion that these amateur showrunners who wrote this terrible script are inept at their craft and are unfit to be given the responsibility that such a project would demand.

    lastly, if they weren't able to get the rights to the material they needed, they should have appointed people who had a decent enough reputation and were capable of the task to interpret and invent alongside what already exists, as it stands this badly written fan fiction is so far removed from anything resembling Tolkien it's a farce.
    You are clearly unable to get the correct information on metrics then plus all the data is not available so you are unable to base anything of the small bits of information you have access to so no its not lost 70% of its total audience, not everyone watches a tv series on day 1 or until its completely out so there are 10s of millions of ppl still to watch the show.

    The show has already proven without no doubt its a good show, its a 4/5 show because lets face it the 1/10 ratings are just LOTRs hardcore fans who got thier feelings hurt because they didnt get what they wanted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    You have to be smoking some heavy crackrock to think the writing of this show is even remotely comparable to Tolkien. At this point Stephanie Meyer can write characters with more depth and motivation than these showrunners.



    Aren't there only 2 more episodes left this season? Wouldn't that be kind of rushed?
    Its just a simple fact its a good solid 4/5 show, you are not qualified to judge either acting performance or writing performance, tolkien himself has shown plenty of what can be called bad writing decisions and poor story plots, the films also have plenty wrong with them but you can still enjoy something because nothing is supposed to be perfect.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #5533
    I dont care about any agenda shit people claim. This show has one massive problem and Im just gona wait until all 5 season to watch it now. They are shitting over everything that could be cool about watching that era and moving the time line in a way that are are skipping literally best fucking moments to show on screen. Instead we are wasting time with fucking hobbits wannabes. They are making Númenor a fucking joke and everything tied to it is getting skipped or closed over is m guess. They wasted 5 episodes to do fuck all and no rings in sight, not even sight of the character that fucking make those rings. They have 3 episodes left for their first season to even begin their actual story.

    You can find my earlier post in this thread, I honestly simply thought the problem was they made it a 8h movie and cut it, so the first 2 episodes had a reason to be a bore fest even if its really not how you should adapt shit to series format. Now I see that I was mistaken. I see the plan now, they are just keeping all the good moment for other seasons to milk that shit for 5 seasons, since after a first season this slow the hype will die down. So hey lets keep cool shit that happens early and cut it into every season so we have hype moment after season 1 to bait people even if we have to rewrite the entire time line for it lol.

  14. #5534
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its just a simple fact its a good solid 4/5 show
    What is that "simple fact" based on, please? You seem very confident of this very concrete number-based assessment - can you back this up by anything, or is this just "dude trust me" rearing it's head?

  15. #5535
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its just a simple fact its a good solid 4/5 show, you are not qualified to judge either acting performance or writing performance, tolkien himself has shown plenty of what can be called bad writing decisions and poor story plots, the films also have plenty wrong with them but you can still enjoy something because nothing is supposed to be perfect.
    That's not a fact its a opinion. I am glad you think you're Roger Ebert or something and can make such definitive statements. Evidently not just about this show but about one of the most widely reviewed and discussed piece of fiction ever. But the reality is any person is qualified to judge this show and its mediocre writing who's picked up a book or ever vacantly stared at a TV show. Any person with a brain can see through the really hackneyed script. Whether you enjoy the who or not is really just a personal preference at this point if you can overlook the writing and just enjoy the undeniably very beautiful visual spectacle this show is.

  16. #5536
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I assume season 1 is going to end with the rings of power being made and Sauron being defeated by the combined forces of elves and Numenoreans?

    With 3 episodes left thats going to be tough to fit in. Its also after this that Sauron retreats to Mordor, which will then be followed immediately by the first wizards (Radagast and Saruman) arriving on middle earth...
    Naw, season will end with the rings starting to be crafted, I bet the last scene is maybe seeing the one ring being pulled out of a mold or some such. No way we get Sauron actually fighting, only big battle/fighting we will get is next episode at the tower (mini helms deep) and a final battle with the orcs/Adar vs Galadriel/Numenor.

    Also Radagast and Saruman didn't arrive in Middle Earth till the 3rd age, they could have the 2nd blue wizard come as when they arrived has changed. Then again considering we have the rings being made while Elendil/Isildur are alive and the Durin's Bane awakening in this age instead of thousands of years into the 3rd age who fucking knows.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That's not a fact its a opinion. I am glad you think you're Roger Ebert or something and can make such definitive statements. Evidently not just about this show but about one of the most widely reviewed and discussed piece of fiction ever. But the reality is any person is qualified to judge this show and its mediocre writing who's picked up a book or ever vacantly stared at a TV show. Any person with a brain can see through the really hackneyed script. Whether you enjoy the who or not is really just a personal preference at this point if you can overlook the writing and just enjoy the undeniably very beautiful visual spectacle this show is.
    Mate don't engage Kenn, he is the guy that rabidly defends Star Citizens, not worth it. Not to mention anyone that calls this show great while shitting on Tolkien is a pretty obvious troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  17. #5537
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    What is that "simple fact" based on, please? You seem very confident of this very concrete number-based assessment - can you back this up by anything, or is this just "dude trust me" rearing it's head?
    All the current metrics available back the show being good so it is a simple fact. Your opinion does not change the actual metrics of way more ppl enjoy it compared to the opposite.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That's not a fact its a opinion. I am glad you think you're Roger Ebert or something and can make such definitive statements. Evidently not just about this show but about one of the most widely reviewed and discussed piece of fiction ever. But the reality is any person is qualified to judge this show and its mediocre writing who's picked up a book or ever vacantly stared at a TV show. Any person with a brain can see through the really hackneyed script. Whether you enjoy the who or not is really just a personal preference at this point if you can overlook the writing and just enjoy the undeniably very beautiful visual spectacle this show is.
    Its not an opinion im backed by facts that way more ppl rate it highly rather than fake 1 star reviews.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  18. #5538
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Naw, season will end with the rings starting to be crafted, I bet the last scene is maybe seeing the one ring being pulled out of a mold or some such. No way we get Sauron actually fighting, only big battle/fighting we will get is next episode at the tower (mini helms deep) and a final battle with the orcs/Adar vs Galadriel/Numenor.

    Also Radagast and Saruman didn't arrive in Middle Earth till the 3rd age, they could have the 2nd blue wizard come as when they arrived has changed. Then again considering we have the rings being made while Elendil/Isildur are alive and the Durin's Bane awakening in this age instead of thousands of years into the 3rd age who fucking knows.



    Mate don't engage Kenn, he is the guy that rabidly defends Star Citizens, not worth it. Not to mention anyone that calls this show great while shitting on Tolkien is a pretty obvious troll.
    I bet theres not one ring made by the end of this season. No idea what the fuck they are thinking skipping so much shit and then spreading it in 5 seasons. They have guaranteed 5 season they could have literally gone through every proper steps. They just think audience are fucking babies, again, so my guess is the entirety of those 5 seasons and the entire Era will be a couple of months in their time line. Im pretty sure this is what they are shooting for after 5 episodes. "We cant have time skips in our show, audience wont understand, our writers cant figure out how to show this. Fuck it this entire era last 8 months."
    Last edited by minteK917; 2022-09-25 at 06:05 PM.

  19. #5539
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    All the current metrics available back the show being good so it is a simple fact.
    So which metrics, exactly. Give me concrete info please, not "the metrics". Which ones.

  20. #5540
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    So which metrics, exactly. Give me concrete info please, not "the metrics". Which ones.
    Any non-user score? On RT and Meta it is 84 and 71 according to critics. Wouldn't that put it in the "good" category? Imdb total rating is 6.9 which dropped from 7.2 earlier in the season. I would think a 6.9 is still in "good", right? Though I'm not sure where RT gets their critic score from since they don't list any "professional" reviews like Meta does.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •