1. #5701
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    18,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's the reason I'm here but usually you'll also get two people spending several pages arguing over a tiny incidental detail or the philosophy behind film-making.
    That is not the reason, that is a weak strawman and people spend pages saying how the plot, the narrative and the writing is garbage.

    If you ignore completely the lore they butchered still is a bad show

  2. #5702
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    That is not the reason, that is a weak strawman and people spend pages saying how the plot, the narrative and the writing is garbage.

    If you ignore completely the lore they butchered still is a bad show
    lol

    Says the guy who instigated the pages-long "but why elf no drown" argument, because the way he imagined a scene happening wasn't the way it actually happened on film.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-09-27 at 11:01 PM.

  3. #5703
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    18,972
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    lol

    Says the guy who instigated the pages-long "but why elf no drown" argument, because the way he imagined a scene happening wasn't the way it actually happened on film.
    No, i said the scene is retarded, because it was wood, and wood does not sink that fast, the whole plot is asinine because she wants to swim back to middle earth, and that is a stupid borderline suicidal move, but then get miraculous saved, out nowhere, two times.

    Like i said, saying how the writing is garbage

  4. #5704
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The show is not rated anywhere near below 50% so what are you smoking. The show is rated on IMBD almost a 7/10 and that has a very high amount of reviews for the data to be a little more accurate.
    Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic user reviews are far lower than 50% buddy.

    And who the fuck uses IMDB ratings? You kidding me?

  5. #5705
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic user reviews are far lower than 50% buddy.

    And who the fuck uses IMDB ratings? You kidding me?
    HotD (85%) and RoP (84%) on Rotten Tomatoes.

    HotD (69%) and RoP (71%) on Metacritic.

    Audience scores being lower are usually due to review bombing and people just campaigning and mobilizing to thrash it. Same applies to Wheel of Time from last year. (Also, why would you give relevance to Audience score on RT if you then proceed to bash and diminish imdb ratings? That's just silly).

    They're all just very similarly rated, regardless of their vocal bashing.

  6. #5706
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic user reviews are far lower than 50% buddy.

    And who the fuck uses IMDB ratings? You kidding me?
    Why would you not use (the amazon owned) IMBD? It is totally accurate, and 100% not biased of course. /s

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Why would you not use (the amazon owned) IMBD? It is totally accurate, and 100% not biased of course. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    HotD (85%) and RoP (84%) on Rotten Tomatoes.

    HotD (69%) and RoP (71%) on Metacritic.

    Audience scores being lower are usually due to review bombing and people just campaigning and mobilizing to thrash it. Same applies to Wheel of Time from last year.

    They're all just very similarly rated, regardless of their vocal bashing.
    So it is review bombing when it is low, but not review bombing for critics/perfect 10s? Like we really want to pretend this show is ANYWHERE close to 10/10? Critics couldn't POSSIBLY be rating it higher because of the fear of amazon/trillion dollar companies cutting off their special access? No bias?

    Also anyone defending the Rafe of Time is already on shaky ground, that show is objectively/factually/anythingly bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  7. #5707
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    So it is review bombing when it is low, but not review bombing for critics/perfect 10s?
    The entire point was that the 'critics' score, on different websites (RT, Metacritic) are similar for BOTH SHOWS! So whichever argument you use, applies to both.

    But maybe that was too confusing for your hateful bashing, i guess. I'll be less rational next time and just throw some CAPSLOCK in it!!11

  8. #5708
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The entire point was that the 'critics' score, on different websites (RT, Metacritic) are similar for BOTH SHOWS! So whichever argument you use, applies to both.

    But maybe that was too confusing for your hateful bashing, i guess. I'll be less rational next time and just throw some CAPSLOCK in it!!11
    So two massive companies got the same level of shilling for the products they made? Making my point seem more likely, especially when you look at viewer scores.

    So lets look at the viewer scores, what about the fact that the viewer scores for the two products are vastly different? That people are actually liking/enjoying HotD compared to not enjoying RoP? What might that suggest? Guess HotD paid off the review bombers?

    Also don't try to hand wave me calling out bad pacing, plot, dialogue/writing as hateful bashing, or being less rational. Sorry I actually use my brain while watching a show expect it to be better than mediocre/shit. You can enjoy a poorly written, shit dialogue, terribly paced show, but don't try to ham it up to be a great show. Everyone has a bad show/movie they like, but don't pretend it is something better than what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  9. #5709
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The show is not rated anywhere near below 50% so what are you smoking. The show is rated on IMBD almost a 7/10 and that has a very high amount of reviews for the data to be a little more accurate.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You have been proven wrong about WoT being good and you have been proven wrong about RoP also, seems you are unable to actually read basic data in front of your face that constantly proves otherwise. You dont understand one simple concept that many ppl just enjoy things and could quite happily rate something a 10/10 with no problems, however a 1/10 is not accurate for any show, even if the only thing you like about RoP is the visuals that gets the mark off to at least a 3/10 because noone can really complain about the visuals.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Whats nonsense about ppl posting reviews and using that data for an average on how good a show is being rated, even the very small percentage of reviewers put the show rated more than high enough to consider it to be good, you are the one talking nonsense since you ignore anything that proves your agenda to be incorrect.

    You just need to accept the simple fact more ppl think the show is good than otherwise, your own opinion doesnt change that.
    It's kind of amazing that you are actually so hard up on defending this trash that you didn't even call out that I only swapped your own crazy words around. No most people will not happily rate something mediocre 10/10 hell most people won't rate shows in general 10/10 even if they are good. Lots of things ding a show. Oh and rafe of time was and is trash cheers.

    For the record I haven't bothered posting a review for either of those trash shows yet according to you they are getting review bombed. Seems more likely that people are just posting their disgust those who can be bothered to even put in that much effort towards shows that are just flat out bad while having massive budgets.

  10. #5710
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    but don't try to ham it up to be a great show.
    Would highly appreciate you pointing out where i did that. Thanks.

  11. #5711
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Would highly appreciate you pointing out where i did that. Thanks.
    By defending it with the idiotic critic score crap? You having memory loss mate? Like you knew he was talking about the viewer score and you went out of your way with the critic score, before trying to make his point invalid with some review bombing crap. If review bombing is such an issue and true, why is HotD doing so well then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  12. #5712
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The entire point was that the 'critics' score, on different websites (RT, Metacritic) are similar for BOTH SHOWS! So whichever argument you use, applies to both.

    But maybe that was too confusing for your hateful bashing, i guess. I'll be less rational next time and just throw some CAPSLOCK in it!!11
    Critics scores are largely worthless. Very few critics are going to actually hit a crap show with the rating it deserves when it has Amazon or Apple or another media giant behind it. It can lead to them no longer getting early previews. So if you see a show that is largely getting 70s with backing from a major company it's likely absolute trash.

  13. #5713
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    By defending it with the idiotic critic score crap? You having memory loss mate? Like you knew he was talking about the viewer score and you went out of your way with the critic score, before trying to make his point invalid with some review bombing crap.
    First off, i wasn't defending any of the shows. Was just pointing out the ratings similarities between multiple shows as a response to another poster. But here you are, on a pointless rampage, even being able to throw insults while you're at it.

    I don't understand the need for such rabid and hostile arguments, but i guess that's just the norm on this MMOC megathreads, regardless of topic. I'll just head myself out, rational discussions aren't to be had here.

    Keep fighting the good fight, i guess.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Critics scores are largely worthless. Very few critics are going to actually hit a crap show with the rating it deserves when it has Amazon or Apple or another media giant behind it. It can lead to them no longer getting early previews. So if you see a show that is largely getting 70s with backing from a major company it's likely absolute trash.
    I understand and accept the sentiment, but i just feel it's so easy to cherry pick on both sides of the argument. You either accept the metric, or you don't, otherwise why even bother since you can throw excuses to either side. Score is high? Sponsored and paid reviews. Low? Review bombing. Average? Don't want to give bad scores not to upset big company.

    Fan or popular ratings are even worse, since they can very easily get skewed by loud voices, or active campaigns. People go out of their ways to literally bomb what they dislike, regardless of being a tv show, a movie or a videogame.

  14. #5714
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    First off, i wasn't defending any of the shows. Was just pointing out the ratings similarities between multiple shows as a response to another poster. But here you are, on a pointless rampage, even being able to throw insults while you're at it.

    I don't understand the need for such rabid and hostile arguments, but i guess that's just the norm on this MMOC megathreads, regardless of topic. I'll just head myself out, rational discussions aren't to be had here.

    Keep fighting the good fight, i guess.
    You are defending with that comment. You point out something we aren't obviously talking about in order to change the conversation away from his point (which still stands). I am not on a pointless rampage, I am tired of people trying to deflect and use what aboutisms to distract the conversations about the flaws, the bad, and the problems with the show, as you do here. I have literally written posts with dozens of things I have issue with in the show, and continuously they are ignored, or one part of a single problem is picked at by the defenders of the show who meanwhile ignore the dozens of other issues I brought up. This bad faith defense of the show is getting abused, and I am not going to coddle people that use.

    You literally came into a conversation with the same dribble of a defense that has been spouted for pages, got called on it, and whined that you were called on it, then try to backpedal after getting called on it. Now you are trying to play the victim after you jumped in and got called on your BS.

    If you don't want to be called out for a stupid defense that has tried and failed, don't insert yourself into the conversation then get upset.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-09-28 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  15. #5715
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    You are defending with that comment. You point out something we aren't obviously talking about in order to change the conversation away from his point (which still stands). I am not on a pointless rampage, I am tired of people trying to deflect and use what aboutisms to distract the conversations about the flaws, the bad, and the problems with the show, as you do here. I have literally written posts with dozens of things I have issue with in the show, and continuously they are ignored, or one part of a single problem is picked at by the defenders of the show who meanwhile ignore the dozens of other issues I brought up. This bad faith defense of the show is getting abused, and I am not going to coddle people that use.

    You literally came into a conversation with the same dribble of a defense that has been spouted for pages, got called on it, and whined that you were called on it, then try to backpedal after getting called on it. Now you are trying to play the victim after you jumped in and got called on your BS.

    If you don't want to be called out for a stupid defense that has tried and failed, don't insert yourself into the conversation then get upset.
    This entire post is so outrageously idiotic. You don't seem to understand people can be neutral in regards of a topic, not radically pro or against, and you act like your opinion is more important, or that you are the gatekeeper for reason.

    Get a grip, and stop being a completely obnoxious individual online. So much hostility over a neutral comment on a damn message board.

    The most amusing part is, you got all defensive and up in arms over a absolutely neutral and bland comment comparing the RT\Metacritic scores of two running shows, with literally no mention of opinion about them. Go read it again if you're confused, but i feel like you're just so used to bashing that you're just seeing red, and attacking anything that doesn't align with your "opinion".

    Ha, why fucking bother.

  16. #5716
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    HotD (85%) and RoP (84%) on Rotten Tomatoes.
    Critic reviews are pointless since they can only measure the first two episodes and don't get updated as the series progresses. I didn't mind the first 2 episodes, but 5 episodes in and this show is really dragging its heels.

    User reviews are still coming in, with ones as recent as yesterday being added.

  17. #5717
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Critic reviews are pointless since they can only measure the first two episodes and don't get updated as the series progresses. I didn't mind the first 2 episodes, but 5 episodes in and this show is really dragging its heels.
    So are user reviews because they aren't all given when every episode is out.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #5718
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So are user reviews because they aren't all given when every episode is out.
    Which is why it's important to make a distinction that there are user reviews that are relevant to the latest episodes, while critic reviews are only first impressions of the first two episodes. Point to any review in the aggregates that cover episode 4 or 5, and you'd be hard pressed to find one at all.

    User reviews are timestamped and have a better gauge of the series as people are consuming it.

    Either way, I don't put a lot of weight on aggregates in general. To be honest, the only real judge of the series is the individual who is watching it. I mean, I can point to a dozen youtube videos all criticizing Rings of Power, and there will be people here who still think the show is the best thing since sliced bread.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-09-28 at 06:24 AM.

  19. #5719
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    User reviews are timestamped and have a better gauge of the series as people are consuming it.
    User reviews and audience scores have been rendered meaningless by the current vote brigading/bombing trend. And the people who rely on them to say shit like "the critics won't be honest about this show being the most terrible thing ever put to film because their jobs rely on giving good reviews!!!" based on how comparatively negative the audience scores are, have only themselves to blame. Since they're the ones doing the brigading/bombing in the first place...

  20. #5720
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    User reviews and audience scores have been rendered meaningless by the current vote brigading/bombing trend. And the people who rely on them to say shit like "the critics won't be honest about this show being the most terrible thing ever put to film because their jobs rely on giving good reviews!!!" based on how comparatively negative the audience scores are, have only themselves to blame. Since they're the ones doing the brigading/bombing in the first place...
    Read some of the actual reviews then. If you're just dismissing every low score because of some bad eggs, then you're not actually looking at them as a means to see what people think, rather you're looking for an excuse to hand wave away any opinions that don't align with yours.

    Take a moment and sift through RT and check some of the low scores. There's plenty of legitimate criticism comments out there. People who literally talk about the bad pacing up into ep5, and hoping for the show to improve. But I guess it's easier to just dismiss them all, eh?

    How would you go about regarding a legitimate low score? Or do you think the show is free of criticism like Rhorle thinks?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-09-28 at 07:43 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •