1. #6081
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Did Tolkien ever describe Elves going to the toilet ? If not, can we assume they do not need to go to the toilet ?
    Thanks to Durin we know they do, but they think about it for a week or so.

  2. #6082
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    18,732
    I still can't wrap my head of how this show makes you feel more sympathetic and care more about Adar than all the other protagonists, this is bogus.

    Well, maybe they are just too good and we mere mortals can't understand this new writing age, villains are show as the good guys and good guys as morons

    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Speaking of Orcs attacking main cast.
    The orc that pulled arondir on the roof so they both roll down the house just stood up and walked off after they landed.

    Perfect opportunity to kill him? Nah, my job is done as an extra so I just walk out of view.
    That reminded me of Book of Boba Fett, when Black chewbacca Woke up him so he could kill him,it was like "hey, wake up, you ahve to see me killing you" then he throw his across the room.

    That you can even shove some lame headcnaon to say Black Chewbacca wanted to fight "fair', in RoP its just dum nonsense.

  3. #6083
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I still can't wrap my head of how this show makes you feel more sympathetic and care more about Adar than all the other protagonists, this is bogus.

    Well, maybe they are just too good and we mere mortals can't understand this new writing age, villains are show as the good guys and good guys as morons
    He's easily the best character in the show. Perfectly cast and very well acted, and his sympathy for the uruk make him uniquely interesting. I hope he remains part of the show for a good amount of time.

  4. #6084
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Speaking of Orcs attacking main cast.
    The orc that pulled arondir on the roof so they both roll down the house just stood up and walked off after they landed.

    Perfect opportunity to kill him? Nah, my job is done as an extra so I just walk out of view.
    That's literally the first orc he killed after they both recovered from the fall. He landed in front of the camera, stands up and walks left as the camera moves to the right...enters frame back from the left and attacks Arondir. The whole time you can hear him panting until Arondir stabs him. That's what the elf is recovering from when he backs into the big orc.



    I don't know why people insist on trying find flaws that simply aren't there...
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-10-03 at 11:20 AM.

  5. #6085
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    That's literally the first "orc" he killed after they both recovered from the fall. He landed in front of the camera, stands up and walks left as the camera moves to the right...enters frame back from the left and attacks Arondir. The whole time you can hear him panting until Arondir stabs him. That's what the elf is recovering from when he backs into the big orc.

    I don't know why people insist on trying find flaws that simply aren't there...


    That's the orc that pulled him.
    And you are correct, instead of attacking Arondir here as Arondir tries to recover. The Orc moves left for roughly 5 seconds before attacking.
    So we agree.

    You are correct though that he got killed by Arondir, I forgot about that. However, that wasn't exactly the point of the post.

    My post is clearly talking about the Orc having a good opportunity in killing Arondir and he just decides to fuck off for 5 seconds before coming back. For no reason whatsoever except giving Arondir time. Which you recounted as the events as well.

    I don't know why people insist on trying to justify clear flaws...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

  6. #6086
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post


    That's the orc that pulled him.
    ...that's the orc he stabs. You can see the same straps on his back from when he's tumbling down the roof.



    The other orc, the one wearing a helmet that Arondir was fighting before the 2nd one hooked him off the roof, hits the ground and never gets up.

    You're wrong. Deal with it.

  7. #6087
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    18,732
    It is also dumb how that big orc just keep trashing Arondir around, for a good moments before the woman kills it, like, what the fuck dude, where is your goddamn weapon, this pretending to build up tension when there is none is just boring.

    Two, they low-key tough abandoning that place to make a last stand in the shit ass village, and had the audacity to say it was a better position or that they had the advantage there, when they were in fact fucked, its just phenomenal absurd

    And of course not-sauron ship with Galadriel, dear lord

    But hey he might be the king of angmar but either way is fucked.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    He's easily the best character in the show. Perfectly cast and very well acted, and his sympathy for the uruk make him uniquely interesting. I hope he remains part of the show for a good amount of time.
    He is a good character and its sad that he his on the hands of bad writers(like when he flip flops about the orcs being his children, then his brothers and sisters, despite they not showing any female orcs there.

    He could be so much more with competent people, he is truly unique, like, the show kinda imply he is one of the few orcs who were changed to be orcs, but jut half-way trough, or something like that, and had to "produce" more of him, some sad backstory and all

    then you have our hero saying she will genocide all orcs just to make him feel pain, before kill it, just before preaching how revenge is bad and Hallbland should not do it, despite also revenge being her only motivation.

    This show is trully something else, By now i think Sauron is going to be an amazing character and actually look like a good guy.

  8. #6088
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    ...that's the orc he stabs. You can see the same straps on his back from when he's tumbling down the roof.

    The other orc, the one wearing a helmet that Arondir was fighting before the 2nd one hooked him off the roof, hits the ground and never gets up.

    You're wrong. Deal with it.
    What? I even pointed out that's the orc... It's the same orc we point out. I just took the picture after the fall when he moved away for 5 seconds before attacking...

    We point out it's the same orc.
    We point out the same exact events.

    Only thing we differ, where I misremembered was that Arondir killed him. Which I clarified you were correct about but it also wasn't the flaw I was talking about... I talked about THIS ORC not killing Arondir when he had the chance and instead fucked off for 5 seconds before coming back.

    Are you smoking?
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-10-03 at 11:44 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

  9. #6089
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Are you smoking?
    I see. Instead of just admitting you were wrong and getting over it, you instead admit that you were wrong but have to salvage it with this "they both fell off a roof, but it's bad because they didn't instantly recover and start fighting again!!!" bullshit. /wanking motion

    Couldn't take a moment to consider that maybe he was dazed/winded after hitting the ground? You know...since he was panting heavily? Or that he lost his weapon in the fall and had to go pick it up before attacking again?

    No. Of course not. Because "the show's bad, so I'm going to be as uncharitable as possible about every little detail to make it seem even worse."

    It's downright pathetic.

    On second thought, I was wrong: It's fucking pathetic.

  10. #6090
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I see. Instead of just admitting you were wrong and getting over it, you instead admit that you were wrong but have to salvage it with this "they both fell off a roof, but it's bad because they didn't instantly recover and start fighting again!!!" bullshit. /wanking motion

    Couldn't take a moment to consider that maybe he was dazed/winded after hitting the ground? You know...since he was panting heavily? Or that he lost his weapon in the fall and had to go pick it up before attacking again?

    No. Of course not. Because "the show's bad, so I'm going to be as uncharitable as possible about every little detail to make it seem even worse."

    It's downright pathetic.

    On second thought, I was wrong: It's fucking pathetic.
    Salvage? It was the original point... the one you didn't even defend. You instead went to the "he came back and got killed". Which had nothing to do with the point.

    I guess it's projection though since this post of yours sure is trying to salvage your awful mischaracterization of my argument into a strawman and double down on it with "Just imagine the show makes sense" instead of the show, you know, showing things so it makes sense.
    Show the orc being winded or dazed. Show him grab a weapon... that would actually make the scene a bit more fun to watch as well.

    lets not even mention with the bad attitude in your approach of this convo. Ironic like Galadriel teaching Isildur about humility...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

  11. #6091
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Salvage? It was the original point... the one you didn't even defend. You instead went to the "he came back and got killed". Which had nothing to do with the point.
    Pure bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    The orc that pulled arondir on the roof so they both roll down the house just stood up and walked off after they landed.

    Perfect opportunity to kill him? Nah, my job is done as an extra so I just walk out of view.

  12. #6092
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I never said "orcs were not armed" i said "in the precise moments where orcs target special characters they were not armed"
    Which is what I am talking about. Stop trying to deflect into fallacies of your own invention. There were orcs that were armed when fighting, or attacking, main characters. It wasn't everyone that had no weapon or that didn't use their weapon.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #6093
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Pure bullshit.
    Argue for the sake of argue. He did walk out of view, you even recounted the events of it. You even just now said he did it to collect himself or even grab a weapon.
    Couldn't take a moment to consider that maybe he was dazed/winded after hitting the ground? You know...since he was panting heavily? Or that he lost his weapon in the fall and had to go pick it up before attacking again?
    So we agree, he walked out of view after landing.

    you clearly think it doesn't matter or think that it's good tv... I don't think it was well made, they could do it way better by showing more clips between those 2.
    Like having the orc land closer or have the camera further back and have it follow the orc around to the side (pointing towards Arondirs head) SHOWING the orc picking up a weapon as he walk around in a gloating or mocking manner. I consider things you claim I don't... I just think the series should actually SHOW it. Because it would be better if it did.

    But I digress, I don't even think you are here to discuss the show as evident by your replies. So I'm gonna leave you to it.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-10-03 at 12:24 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

  14. #6094
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I see. Instead of just admitting you were wrong and getting over it, you instead admit that you were wrong but have to salvage it with this "they both fell off a roof, but it's bad because they didn't instantly recover and start fighting again!!!" bullshit. /wanking motion

    Couldn't take a moment to consider that maybe he was dazed/winded after hitting the ground? You know...since he was panting heavily? Or that he lost his weapon in the fall and had to go pick it up before attacking again?

    No. Of course not. Because "the show's bad, so I'm going to be as uncharitable as possible about every little detail to make it seem even worse."

    It's downright pathetic.

    On second thought, I was wrong: It's fucking pathetic.
    Sure, let the opponent catch his breath after the fall so I can get a "fair" fight. Great writing there.

  15. #6095
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Sure, let the opponent catch his breath after the fall so I can get a "fair" fight. Great writing there.
    I said the orc might have been dazed/winded. That HE was recovering from the fall before attacking again. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

    And "writing" isn't the same thing as "fight choreography" either. Another fairly simple concept to understand.

    But here we are once again, talking about 10 seconds of footage as if it means jack shit.

  16. #6096
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    This show is trully something else, By now i think Sauron is going to be an amazing character and actually look like a good guy.
    Well, "Sauron for *insert high office* was trending for a while.

  17. #6097
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I said the orc might have been dazed/winded. That HE was recovering from the fall before attacking again. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

    And "writing" isn't the same thing as "fight choreography" either. Another fairly simple concept to understand.

    But here we are once again, talking about 10 seconds of footage as if it means jack shit.
    Recovering while on his two feets and showing nothing that he is recovering. Again, great writing.

    The issue is that 10 sec * x = an episode full of non sense.

  18. #6098
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Except those unfinished works did have the right sold. As earlier as 1976 the Saul Zaentz Company (who got the rights from UA and/or Estate) had limited matching rights to the any film adaptation of those unfinished works. It was either as the original deal or as a deal Christopher made. If it was Christopher those rights would have been made a year prior to the Similarillion being published.

    The argument you are making though is silly because it means that Canon is only what Tolkien published in his books. Yet almost all fans accept his unpublished work as "official". Which means you are creating a standard that most people don't follow. It is also silly to say them being unfinished is irrelevant when your entire argument is that they can be excluded from "Tolkien being okay with adaptations" because of them being unfinished.

    Again the Loophole had to do with a TV series and a few other things that were not explicitly covered by existing rights deals. Notice how the Similarillion is not one of those things Amazon has the rights to and is not part of the "loophole". Of course this has everything to do with you not liking Rings of Power or the way it uses Tolkien's world. If you didn't have a problem you wouldn't be arguing so hard about how it goes the wishes of the original creator.
    You are repeating yourself and just making false statements. He did not sell the rights to The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales or his notes before he died because he did not publish them. And that is not what Amazon has the rights to for this series, which is the appendices, which Tolkien did not give the rights to as the basis for a TV series either. Which means he did not intend them to be used the way they are being used today.

    So on that note, lets not just keep going in circles and end this particular line of discussion...

  19. #6099
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, "Sauron for *insert high office* was trending for a while.
    Maybe the 'superfan' that said "When I saw Sauron I thought, 'he's so hot, maybe I can fix him'" (paraphrasing) was warning us all along
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-10-03 at 12:54 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

  20. #6100
    The fight scene in the village wasn't great. Throwing main characters around is always shit choreography and I don't know why professionals still do it. That said I still really enjoyed the episode and the ending was epic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •