1. #6121
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    C'mon guys, we all know Halbrand is secretly Celeborn. This is 2nd Age before he turns into an Elf, sheesh.
    Buddy of mine said they finally mention Celeborn next episode, once and thats all. Galadriel will say he is dead, so apparently she cares more about her brother than her dead husband, feels bad man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  2. #6122
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Buddy of mine said they finally mention Celeborn next episode, once and thats all. Galadriel will say he is dead, so apparently she cares more about her brother than her dead husband, feels bad man.
    That rumor has been around for a while (earliest I saw was July). It got some details like Galadriel going into battle with the Queen Reagent of Numenor. So his death could be wrong and another reason for his absence could be used. I've also seen that the show runners implied Celeborn "has stuff prepared" for Season 2 but can't find the quote or summary of the London Event is was supposed to come from.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #6123
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I dived deep into the Rings of Power fanbase and realised there is a huge ship demand for Galadriel x Halbrand, even if Halbrand turns out to be Sauron. xD

    Like you have the anti Rings of Power fanbase, the 'Its all shit nothing is good about it and if you like it you are wrong' and then you have the 'this is the best show everone who hates it is an 'ist''.... then deeper than that you have the 'Galadriel x Halbrand, I don;t care if he is Sauron'...

    Fanbases be fucked up xD
    There is no "anti-rings of power" fanbase, just people that see the show for what it is, completely amateurish, bad written show that make a mockery of Tolkien work.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-10-03 at 08:54 PM.

  4. #6124
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    There is no "anti-rings of power" fanbase, just people that see the show for what it is, completely amateurish, bad written show that make a mockery of Tolkien work.
    So there isn't a group of people against the show but there is a group of people against the show? There were people bashing the show before it even came out and you have all the people "hate watching" the show. What they are labeling "Anti-RoP" is the same group you describe even if you don't want that label attached.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #6125
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    There is no "anti-rings of power" fanbase, just people that see the show for what it is, completely amateurish, bad written show that make a mockery of Tolkien work.
    Tolkiens work itself has been proven to be badly written in many places, the thing he was best known for is world building, his writing not so much, far too many plot holes, things that dont make sense at all like how can it take 100 years for elves to travel a very short distance, you dont need to like the show but dont pretend the books were magically free for major flaws. Even galadriel in the books is considered a minor character, she only got a little more light in the films.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-10-03 at 10:14 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  6. #6126
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I am not making any false statements. I said he either sold the rights before he died or those rights were sold in 1976 to the SZC before publication of the Silmarillion by his son Christopher. Which is true as the SZC had limited matching rights to the non-book works of Tolkien. I never said that is what Amazon has the rights to that stuff. Again you invent an argument rather then understanding what is being said to you.
    No what you said was he was OK with someone doing an adaptation of the second age and prior before he died when those things were not published before he died and not included in the rights for LOTR and The Hobbit. You keep saying this and you keep being wrong. So whatever happened after he died would be irrelevant to that. The Salzance or Embracer company does not have the movie or TV rights to the Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales or his notes, they only have the rights to a share of the profits if such rights are ever granted by the Tolkien Estate. And it wasn't the Salzance or Embracer company that floated this option for a TV show based on the appendices, this came from the Estate 5 years ago, long after Tolkien died as a loophole. So you keep being wrong and making conclusions that aren't supported by the facts.


    You just keep repeating yourself, saying the same thing in different ways and keep being wrong.

    And lets just agree do disagree since you refuse to stop repeating yourself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Tolkiens work itself has been proven to be badly written in many places, the thing he was best known for is world building, his writing not so much, far too many plot holes, things that dont make sense at all like how can it take 100 years for elves to travel a very short distance, you dont need to like the show but dont pretend the books were magically free for major flaws. Even galadriel in the books is considered a minor character, she only got a little more light in the films.
    Proven by who to be badly written? Care to provide the sources? And how is he not known for his writing when his written work is one of the best selling novels of all time? Oh and Amazon is spending upwards of a billion dollars for the rights to a story from a writer who wasn't known for his writing. And he was a scholar of language and literature, but yeah, he wasn't good at writing. You can't even pretend to be serious with this nonsense.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2022-10-03 at 10:37 PM.

  7. #6127
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,027
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So there isn't a group of people against the show but there is a group of people against the show? There were people bashing the show before it even came out and you have all the people "hate watching" the show. What they are labeling "Anti-RoP" is the same group you describe even if you don't want that label attached.
    Not liking something bad, or, acknowledging something is bad, is not being "anti-something", you are an adult, you know that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Tolkiens work itself has been proven to be badly written in many places, the thing he was best known for is world building, his writing not so much, far too many plot holes, things that dont make sense at all like how can it take 100 years for elves to travel a very short distance, you dont need to like the show but dont pretend the books were magically free for major flaws. Even galadriel in the books is considered a minor character, she only got a little more light in the films.
    Tolkien work is not badly written, and even the shittiest of the tolkien writing is hundreds of times better than the show.

    Saying the show is garbage in no way shape or form is pretending that the books does not have flaws, you are just using fallacies.

    Galadriel in the books, even with minor roles was a good character, in the show she is a insufferable sociopath.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-10-04 at 12:11 AM.

  8. #6128
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    No what you said was he was OK with someone doing an adaptation of the second age and prior before he died when those things were not published before he died and not included in the rights for LOTR and The Hobbit.
    No. What I said was he didn't think any of his work as "finished" so published or unpublished shouldn't matter. And I said the rights to his unfinished work was either sold with UA or added at some point in the future. As Embracer has limited matching rights to other Tolkien work. I never said the SZC (Saul Zaentz not salzance) shopped the rights to a TV series. I said Warner Brothers and the Tolkien Estate (Christopher Tolkien) shopped the rights after the gambling digital app lawsuit.

    The only thing wrong here is how you keep inventing statements that you think I made. You keep repeating yourself and now you added lying to your own arguments. Strange how it is okay for you to do that but not okay for me to keep using the same counters to your same arguments (and newer lies).

    The company holds, according to its site, “exclusive worldwide rights to motion picture, merchandising, stage and other rights in certain literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien including The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.” https://www.theonering.net/torwp/202...ghts-holdings/
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Not liking something bad, or, acknowledging something is bad, is not being "anti-something", you are an adult, you know that.
    All anti refers to is "a person opposed to a particular policy, activity, or idea." Do you support the show? No. Do you like the show? No. Are you against parts or the whole? Yes. The way you throw around insults indicates you are more puerile then those you try to levy them against.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #6129
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,027
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    All anti refers to is "a person opposed to a particular policy, activity, or idea." Do you support the show? No. Do you like the show? No. Are you against parts or the whole? Yes. The way you throw around insults indicates you are more puerile then those you try to levy them against.
    So, if you don't like to eat mango, you are an anti-mango. This is child's logic and false equivalence, this is also not black and white.

    The show is bad, period, saying it is bad and pointing out the awful things that happen there is not being "anti-"show".

    Actually, this speak volumes of your stance here, you think this is some sort of fight, the antis vs the pros, the reds vs the blues, the wrongs vs the rights, a supporter of the show will defend against "insults" from the enemies, as much as they can, yeah, that explain everything.

  10. #6130
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The show is bad, period, saying it is bad and pointing out the awful things that happen there is not being "anti-"show".
    Bad period is an anti-stance and not "I don't like the taste of mangos". You've been against the show since the premier Don't start inventing arguments about tribalism to sooth your ego. This is nothing more then a commentary on you disliking the anti-label yet hating on everything about the show.

    I've never viewed anything as a supporter vs non-supporter. I've merely commented on silly notions by posters. You know like when you said every orc was unarmed when they clearly were not. You also threw a fit when you got that wrong which further references your puerile nature and penchant for throwing around insults when you don't get your way. The irony is that you, and others, have created that tribe by always calling people trolls when they don't hate as they do or don't let this thread exist solely as a echo chamber of hate.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-10-04 at 12:25 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #6131
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I've never viewed anything as a supporter vs non-supporter. I've merely commented on silly notions by posters. You know like when you said every orc was unarmed when they clearly were not.
    Says the guy who thought the Elves hit the Snow Troll rofl

  12. #6132
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Says the guy who thought the Elves hit the Snow Troll rofl
    You were also the guy that said they didn't fight at all. Let whatever weird grudge you have go already. You are literally saying no one can question you or the other people that dislike the show. If they do then they should be endlessly ridiculed by bringing up small stuff. Strange when you are trying to indicate you are not the ones creating a tribal division here, right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #6133
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You were also the guy that said they didn't fight at all.
    They didn't fight back. It's not wrong, lol. They were being taken out before they even engage in any combat. Having a weapon ready doesn't constitute fighting.

    Anyone who thinks the Elves were actually hitting the troll and actively fighting it is quite delusional. I can't even consider what they did as engaging in combat. Galadriel is the only one who fought the Snow Troll.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-10-04 at 01:11 AM.

  14. #6134
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    So, if you don't like to eat mango, you are an anti-mango. This is child's logic and false equivalence, this is also not black and white.
    Not the first time that similar has been posted. And the posts of a child should be treated as such; ignored.

  15. #6135
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    They didn't fight back. It's not wrong, lol. They were being taken out before they even engage in any combat. Having a weapon ready doesn't constitute fighting.
    Again you start up this dead horse argument just you can argue for the sake of it. They did fight back. The scene shows some in close proximity which would happen if they were fighting. Remember you only hyper-focused on the "hit" part of the argument because you were proven wrong on the "Fight" part. If a weapon ready and engaging the target isn't "fighting" then nothing is. Most of the Orcs in the last episode were not "fighting" because they also did not hit their targets. This is why you dropped the fight argument back then and why you are a fool to try and use it again now. This is again why you hyper focused on hit and endlessly bringing it up. Because it was the one fact of the scene you got right.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #6136
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Proven by who to be badly written? Care to provide the sources? And how is he not known for his writing when his written work is one of the best selling novels of all time? Oh and Amazon is spending upwards of a billion dollars for the rights to a story from a writer who wasn't known for his writing. And he was a scholar of language and literature, but yeah, he wasn't good at writing. You can't even pretend to be serious with this nonsense.
    Amazon are using the popularity the films had to make money, nothing to do with the books at all since the books were barely known before the films, the books are full of flaws to bad plots holes and just things that make no sense, so moaning about so called flaws in a tv series when the books are flawed makes no sense. Being a scholar of language and lit doesnt make you perfect at writing a book.

    Tolkien was barely known while he was alive and most of the success is from the films. He knew with his style of writing it would be harder to implement it into a film.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Tolkien work is not badly written, and even the shittiest of the tolkien writing is hundreds of times better than the show.

    Saying the show is garbage in no way shape or form is pretending that the books does not have flaws, you are just using fallacies.

    Galadriel in the books, even with minor roles was a good character, in the show she is a insufferable sociopath.
    It is badly written tons of holes, to things that make no sense and heavily biased towards women, doesnt matter if you dont enjoy something most ppl actually like RoP so everything you say complaining about it means nothing, if the writing in LOTR was so good then it could easily be made into a film but changes had to be made to make it actually good to be a film.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-10-04 at 01:42 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  17. #6137
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Amazon are using the popularity the films had to make money, nothing to do with the books at all since the books were barely known before the films, the books are full of flaws to bad plots holes and just things that make no sense, so moaning about so called flaws in a tv series when the books are flawed makes no sense. Being a scholar of language and lit doesnt make you perfect at writing a book.
    Much of the critical response to Tolkien was that he didn't follow any of the usual rules for writing a book. Overly detailed, rambling, etc. It is a matter of opinion if these are actual flaws or not and is usually how the critics frame their comments against Tolkien. There are still real flaws in the story. The inconsistencies, plot holes, and other stuff. Some have been changed and even though later in life Tolkien said he no longer cared about those things he tried to fix them as they were found.

    Is it bad writing? Maybe if you use traditional or categorical standards. If ignoring those is it bad writing? Not really. It is interesting though when authors that do some of the same things as Tolkien don't find the same acceptance. Likely due to the elevation of his work. If the work was never elevated in the 60's and 70's it may be that he wouldn't be as praised for the same things.

    https://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Mist...kien%27s_works

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    heavily biased towards women
    This is a strange argument to make since the women in his world often didn't see that much development. It is a known thing that he viewed women as "lesser". Not to the extent of misogyny but certainly a view he held. A reflection of the time? Catholicism at the time? Or other things? Likely they all played a role in it and that view got reflected in the story and world he built. Of course he does have important women but it is still a male-centric tale. In his stories it isn't something that is bad for existing. But it hardly is favoring women.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #6138
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because it was the one fact of the scene you got right.
    Nah, it's because it's a scene you completely changed in order to perpetuate an argument where there was none.

    "I've merely commented on silly notions by posters", what a joke. Most of the time you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, even going as far as changing the facts to do so. Just like you're still doing by implying those Elves were actually fighting lol.

    I mean what kind of delusion must there be for someone who suggests that we should have good discussions in this thread instead of criticisms, but then never actually engages in good discussions and only ever replies to 'silly notions' just for the sake of arguing? Fucking hypocrites lol
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-10-04 at 01:53 AM.

  19. #6139
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Nah, it's because it's a scene you completely changed in order to perpetuate an argument where there was none.
    I have the power to change a video on Amazon's servers? You have the gall to call me delusional after a claim like that. I've engaged in plenty of good discussions including some just above your reply. It also disproves your "tribal claim" as I'll point out problems both sides use. Again you show your hand at how rabid you'll act towards any post I make. I've really managed to take up rent free head space, huh?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #6140
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I have the power to change a video on Amazon's servers? You have the gall to call me delusional after a claim like that.
    LOL! See, more of that delusion.

    Where did I say you changed a video on Amazon's servers? I didn't, yet you're making an argument where there is none for the sake of arguing it.

    You don't even realize you're delusional, do you? You're literally making arguments where there are none, changing the facts of the matter just to argue shit. Like, why are you even here dude? Have you even engaged in a single GOOD discussion here about the show?

    It also disproves your "tribal claim" as I'll point out problems both sides use.
    Nah dude, just means you're a Joker style troll. You're here to see everything burn. That's your tribe, dude. You don't really give a fuck about discussing this show in good faith, you just want to use your knowledge of Tolkien's works and the of the show to gatekeep anyone who has anything remotely negative to say about the show. You get your kicks out of 'showing people how silly they are'. And right now, you'd even do it to supporters of the show when they say something you deem 'silly'.

    You don't actually care about having a 'civil conversation' at all, lol.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-10-04 at 02:07 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •