1. #6141
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Where did I say you changed a video on Amazon's servers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Nah, it's because it's a scene you completely changed in order to perpetuate an argument where there was none.
    Lol. I didn't change the scene because I can't change what Amazon showed. I have plenty of civil conversations and rarely take it to insults first.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #6142
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,427
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Bad period is an anti-stance and not "I don't like the taste of mangos". You've been against the show since the premier Don't start inventing arguments about tribalism to sooth your ego. This is nothing more then a commentary on you disliking the anti-label yet hating on everything about the show.
    Im not "against it" im simple pointing the show is awful, by presenting facts that happened in the show

    Thats why you can't argue against then, and start using fallacies

    or don't let this thread exist solely as a echo chamber of hate.
    this thread is an echo chamber of garbage, cause the show is garbage, to talk about it we have to point the bad plots and bad writing of the show

    If you don't want us to discuss what actually happen in the show, then it's going to be an echo chamber

  3. #6143
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Lol. I didn't change the scene because I can't change what Amazon showed. I have plenty of civil conversations and rarely take it to insults first.
    LOL

    Not taking to insults first doesn't excuse you of bad faithing your fucking conversations, like 'I didn't change the scene because I can't change what Amazon showed'

    Then why the fuck did you argue that the Elves hit the Troll? Because Amazon certainly didn't show it! Didn't stop you from arguing anyone who thinks the Elves literally did nothing against the Snow Troll in that scene.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-10-04 at 02:49 AM.

  4. #6144
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Im not "against it" im simple pointing the show is awful, by presenting facts that happened in the show
    You've disliked the show from the episode premiere. I'm pretty sure If I asked you would think it should be cancelled or everyone fired and a new (i.e. better) team should handle it, right? You are against the show and it really is silly to be so concerned with that label. Are you under the assumption that being against something means you can't have valid complaints?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-10-04 at 04:29 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #6145
    Folks just stop arguing with the person who tried to argue about details of a series with someone who has read/listened to it a dozen times without ever reading it just using stuff grabbed from wikis. It's just not worth it use the ignore button trust me.

  6. #6146
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Then why the fuck did you argue that the Elves hit the Troll? Because Amazon certainly didn't show it!
    The same reason why you argued it wasn't a fight? I was wrong. Can't you admit when you are wrong? This is why you harp on "hit" so much and continually fall back on to it as if it means something. It was one of the few times I've been outright wrong. So you continually bring it up in your weird fixation on being the anti-rhorle.

    Amazon showed the elves fighting the ice troll. The same scenario happened in the last episode. Not every orc that was fighting got a hit in on their opponent. They were still fighting. I didn't change the Ice Troll scene as presented by Amazon just as I didn't change the scene with the Orcs from the last episode. It isn't bad faith to point out the silly accusations when you make them.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-10-04 at 03:02 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #6147
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The same reason why you argued it wasn't a fight? I was wrong. Can't you admit when you are wrong?
    You obvipusly didn't remember the conversation if you think you admit you were wrong. Maybe you did at one point weeks after the conversation was already done, but you didn't when it was made known to you that you were wrong.
    You kept deeming anyone who had issue with that scene as being a mere hater who had no reason to point out how the Elves literally contributed nothing in the fight.

    You kept up with plenty of excuses. 'They weren't worthless because they didn't die' 'They had weapons drawn' 'You're complaining just because you hate the show'. You didn't admit shit when the conversation was relevant, yiu just kept looking for more shit to argue about.

    Why do you think I'm pointing this out now? Because you're doing the exact same thing as you always do. Just like you just tried to spin the argument like 'I can't change Amazon's videos!' as if anything even implied that bullshit lol.

    You can stop pretending to be something you aren't. I know how you argue. I know what you resort to even when proven wrong. I know you're not interested in any decent discussion on the show, you're just here to shitpost and call people out on their 'silly arguments'.

    And I'm here to tell you exactly why you're not what you think you are.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-10-04 at 04:41 AM.

  8. #6148
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You obvipusly didn't remember the conversation if you think you admit you were wrong.
    I told you I was wrong at least once in this thread. I stopped claiming they were hit at the time. Learn to let it go and not to hold grudges in an online discussion. Worthless was a separate discussion from "hit". Stop trying to conflate two different claims. The distraction they caused, even if unintentional, allowed for Galadrial to do her flying surprise attack.

    There are definitely people hate-watching this series. You can tell because they do nothing but hate on the show but still show up every episode to complain or read the thread. Yet any time I counter people that dislike the show you start to throw insults and derail the thread. Strange, right? You even took issue when I countered someone that likes the show. You get upset at anything I post. Lol.

    I can't change Amazon's videos. The scene is as I described it back then and as I described it now. Just like the last episode had fight scenes with orcs that didn't always hit their target. It was still a fight scene. Isn't it amazing how you haven't tried to argue the Orc fight last episode wasn't a fight scene? Again, strange right? It should be an easy thing if I'm wrong, right?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-10-04 at 05:31 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #6149
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I
    There are definitely people hate-watching this series. You can tell because they do nothing but hate on the show but still show up every episode to complain or read the thread. Yet any time I counter people that dislike the show you start to throw insults and derail the thread. Strange, right? You even took issue when I countered someone that likes the show. You get upset at anything I post. Lol.
    Yeah I know first hand because you called me a hater even though I told you straight up I'm just pointing out things wrong with the show that shouldn't have been done in the way it was and how it could improve instead, some which the show has improved on, some which carries on the same problems that existed since the first episode.

    So when you try and turn things around and say you're here to be civil?. Fuck that dude, I tried that with our first conversations here and you just kept pushing the hater angle and arguing for the sake of it. You're full of shit, and everyone knows it here lol. You aren't interested in a conversation, and as soon as I gave you the chance to start a fresh new conversation, you stop responding lol.

    Not sure what you're trying to pretend to be, everyones how full of shit you are. All you want to do is argue dude. Want me to remind you how fast you shut the fuck up after you argued how I was pandering to low ratings till you realized I wasn't talking about ratings? Yeah, you had nothing to say after there was nothing left for you to argue.

    Have you even participated in one good discussion here? Gave your genuine thoughts of the latest episode? Haven't seen it if you did. All I see you do is pick arguments with people who 'hate the show', now with people who like the show.

    Fuckin hypocrite lol.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-10-04 at 06:51 AM.

  10. #6150
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,427
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You've disliked the show from the episode premiere. I'm pretty sure If I asked you would think it should be cancelled or everyone fired and a new (i.e. better) team should handle it, right? You are against the show and it really is silly to be so concerned with that label. Are you under the assumption that being against something means you can't have valid complaints?
    Do you realize that wanting a better team, people who actually can write something, is the opposite of the definition of being against it?

    Even if people were 'against it" your ramblings about then would only be coherent if they arguments were wrong, the show is garbage, period, besides CGI and music everything is below the average and rock botton. simple as that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Folks just stop arguing with the person who tried to argue about details of a series with someone who has read/listened to it a dozen times without ever reading it just using stuff grabbed from wikis. It's just not worth it use the ignore button trust me.
    Yeah, last mistake i did here

    - - - Updated - - -


  11. #6151
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    13,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

    - - - Updated - - -

    I used to love Shadiversity then found out he went all grifter (which I kinda believe he has always been). Which is a shame, I still like his historical knowledge and his weapon talks are a lot of fun, but I steer clear from his second channel. He isn't the worst of them, but having seen some of his opinions on the show through his Knights Watch channel, I just cannot watch that shit.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

    Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

  12. #6152
    Shadeversity does emphasize the previous point raised by most everyone here in this thread that much of the fight choreography is just so much trash. And the supposed "Numenoreans" are a joke.

  13. #6153
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I used to love Shadiversity then found out he went all grifter (which I kinda believe he has always been). Which is a shame, I still like his historical knowledge and his weapon talks are a lot of fun, but I steer clear from his second channel. He isn't the worst of them, but having seen some of his opinions on the show through his Knights Watch channel, I just cannot watch that shit.
    I mean, he has to put a character to stand out and get viewers, so obviously things will be him goofing and ranting, but his opinions are not wrong, he says why he think something and explain it, at least in the few videos i saw, i don't see much of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Shadeversity does emphasize the previous point raised by most everyone here in this thread that much of the fight choreography is just so much trash. And the supposed "Numenoreans" are a joke.
    Apparently, they film that entire scene in one day and didn't used stunts. Rly explains why it was that bad

  14. #6154
    Shad's not bad, he's got a lot of indepth knowledge. But he plays it up and I think he's too opinionated at times. He flips his shit way too easily. Probably part of the character, but it gets old fast.

    I don't even think RoP is worth analyzing, the swordplay is pure fantasy.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-10-04 at 02:18 PM.

  15. #6155
    Titan Orby's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Under the stars
    Posts
    13,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I mean, he has to put a character to stand out and get viewers, so obviously things will be him goofing and ranting, but his opinions are not wrong, he says why he think something and explain it, at least in the few videos i saw, i don't see much of it.
    True but its also the presentation, its the Angry Joe syndrome of reviews I am not a fan of, I kind of outgrew it 10 years ago. Not much constructive is said its just yelling very loudly, and more nit picking for the sake of nit picking and its doesn't create a positive critical outlook, only spreading this bitter angry nerd outlook that no one is going to take seriously outside of conservative white males for the most part. Which it does seem more catered to. No offensive to you conservatives which will no doubt be coming at me now)

    And this isnt me defending the show. I still think the show is underwhelming and hasn't been the standard I expect, but I feel there's a way to present your criticisms. And Shad while I love his history stuff, his very right wing leaning views (and he has admitted he is a right wing Christian conservative) pander to what alot of those right wing or grifty channels provide. And its usually the reason why constructive criticism gets thrown under the bus when it comes to talking about issues with the show. Cos showrunners see their shit and now all criticisms are that, and I aint saying that all those channels have racist or racism agendas but the way they present it does make it come off that way, when you have a thumb nail thats blue haired lady looking triggered, or the constant titles using words like 'SJW' or 'Woke', or constantly highlight the diverse casting picturing them in your thumbnail, then you know how people are going to react.

    His opinion on the Galadriel swordplay, while is legit, you can say the same for every show this way, 90% of shows with sword fighting are bad because the majority of people who watch don't give a shit about how someone swings their sword lol. The show is a play, its acting, its not supposed to be accurate sword play, no one is going to care unless you nit pick it. and sure making videos to analyse these sword play is fun, but its a horrible tool to just bash the show, which doesn't need further help on that :P

    and I know why they do it, these reactions bring in massive views, people love it. And you cannot beat outrage. People love the extreme reactions, no one wants a positive in depth critical piece. people wanna see characters being over the top and silly and loud that's the sad part of it. and you can still have that, but when its your only form of outlook it becomes a bit of an issue.

    EDIT: I also feel bad for calling it Angry Joe syndrome, because it should be AVGN syndrome of review, since I think James Rolfe really made it popular.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-10-04 at 02:36 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

    Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

  16. #6156
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    There is no "anti-rings of power" fanbase, just people that see the show for what it is, completely amateurish, bad written show that make a mockery of Tolkien work.
    This thread alone broke 100 pages month before the show was out due to people hating on the show without seeing any bad writing or how the show was amateurish, there is absolutely an anti fanbase and has been one since they said they were casting outside of just white people.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  17. #6157
    Breaking down fantasy fights is usually pretty silly anyway. There's absolutely no promise of realism or anything, and "One person is just awesome enough to beat everyone." is a very common trope that's hard to translate visually without just making all the opponents look silly.

  18. #6158
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    This thread alone broke 100 pages month before the show was out due to people hating on the show without seeing any bad writing or how the show was amateurish, there is absolutely an anti fanbase and has been one since they said they were casting outside of just white people.
    That would mean that that fanbase has some level of organisation which is not the case, at least on this forum. Just people not agreeing with the casting choice and so on.

  19. #6159
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    This thread alone broke 100 pages month before the show was out due to people hating on the show without seeing any bad writing or how the show was amateurish, there is absolutely an anti fanbase and has been one since they said they were casting outside of just white people.
    Or the trailers just didn’t look good? I went in with blind faith, similar to the halo series, and just hated ROP. It felt like a generic high fantasy series, nothing Tolkien about it except for the name.

    Loved halo though, even with it being against the lore, and even with them, as you put it, “ casting outside of just white people” because apparently disliking something due to its poor acting and worse script makes you racist now.

    Don’t we just love 2022!

  20. #6160
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    This thread alone broke 100 pages month before the show was out due to people hating on the show without seeing any bad writing or how the show was amateurish, there is absolutely an anti fanbase and has been one since they said they were casting outside of just white people.
    I don't have a problem with the casting but I called it out for forced diversity all the same, and I still enjoy the show. Maybe you just don't recognize that different individuals have different opinions without being lumped into some 'anti' group.

    Think of how ridiculous it would be to label anyone who actively likes the show and defends its creative decisions as being 'anti-Tolkien' for the sake of argument.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •