Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    tbf, they are not following the story anyway, neither is canon to the movies, they can kill her and follow someone else, it would be the same shit
    I wouldn't put it past them to give her the Gandalf treatment and make her Galadriel the White.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well as much as we don't want to admit it, there are a lot of people who generally enjoy the show and didn't care about the sword choreography maybe if you watch nothing but grifter youtube channels you would assume that the show is a flop and no one likes it.
    Same way people don't care about the sword choreography they don't care about the story, the writing, the pacing, yada yada, saying some people don't care about does not mean many other people would not care, and even if you shut down your brain you can see something of bad quality.

The show IS a big flop, regardless of the youtubers, people can like bad stuff, you can enjoy certain aspects of it, or even the whole, besides their many, MANY flaws, but it's clear that rings of power is below average in every aspect you look at it besides CGI and Music. And this is unacceptable knowing the IP, the money put into it and the wipe they did.

People should not go easy on it

Luckily for me I watch a few reviewers of the show, and while its easily to flock to one point of view to feed the hivemind, its more healthy to catch a few opinions that differ and offer good and bad, instead of outragers painting with a broad brush with '(X) is bad so all is bad' attitude. And with that said no one I know thinks the show is a masterpiece or a great Tolkien adaptation. I think as an adaptations its failed, but that doesn't mean that you still cannot find things to like or enjoy. And its not my place to tell others they are wrong for liking it as much as me either.
    Sure, as adaptation, failed, but first of, it failed as a good show or a good story. there is some medias that screw the original source but can still be fun/enjoyable, because the story ends up good or whatever, but RoP is not one of then, is not a good fantasy show, at all.

Making a comparison with House of the Dragon, a good fantasy show, but also a good story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I wouldn't put it past them to give her the Gandalf treatment and make her Galadriel the White.
    That would explain how she can turn from this insufferable moron and turn into the Galadriel from the movies/books, she has to die and be born again

10+ Year Old Account
    Same way people don't care about the sword choreography they don't care about the story, the writing, the pacing, yada yada, saying some people don't care about does not mean many other people would not care, and even if you shut down your brain you can see something of bad quality.

The show IS a big flop, regardless of the youtubers, people can like bad stuff, you can enjoy certain aspects of it, or even the whole, besides their many, MANY flaws, but it's clear that rings of power is below average in every aspect you look at it besides CGI and Music. And this is unacceptable knowing the IP, the money put into it and the wipe they did.

People should not go easy on it

Sure, as adaptation, failed, but first of, it failed as a good show or a good story. there is some medias that screw the original source but can still be fun/enjoyable, because the story ends up good or whatever, but RoP is not one of then, is not a good fantasy show, at all.

Making a comparison with House of the Dragon, a good fantasy show, but also a good story
    Never make a comparison to House of the Dragon. One is Grim Dark fantasy the other is, (well is supposed to be) classic fantasy.

Also some people may enjoy the story, some people might like some of the characters. Not everyone is a die hard Tolkien fan or may have ever read Tolkien or seen the other movies. I just think its disingenuous to literally hate every aspect of this show like its the worst thing ever. I have seen some bad shows, Rings of Power isn't the worst thing ever. At worst its a horrible adaptation, but at best, I suppose for some people its a fine slice of fantasy.

Taking from myself personally the show isn't great. Its 'fine' I guess. The dialogue consistency, the story and some of the characters are pretty weak, but there are some things that keep me interested, otherwise i would have stopped watching long ago. Also I like this a little more than Wheel of Time and the Halo series. I think at least by the end of this season (unless they really shit the bed), I might want to watch season 2. I have no interest in watching Season 2 of Wheel of Time after how that show went.

Playing devils advocate for the most part here.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-10-05 at 11:30 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping the reason they all survive is going to make sense and won't be a major facepalm moment. It won't be anything Galadriel did because she just stood there. The only person present who might feasibly have the power to save them somehow could be Totally-Not-Sauron, but then why would he save them? Unless he really has been trying to turn a new leaf.
    They are not gonna explain it. What have been explained so far?

It's all about filling in the blanks ourselves.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Yea, you'd find them very much in the same vain. Same more critical than others but not critical in a toxic way. Broken Sword is very much similar to Nerd of the Rings, but British lol.

Daniel Greene is a fantasy booktuber who covers a lot of fantasy news in books, gaming and TV and well as other goofy stuff

Hello Future Me (his second channel I had linked) usually on his main channel is a video essayist of books, usually around 'how to write' type essays, from mental health writing or world building, stuff like that, his second channel I linked is mostly down to breakdowns of TV shows and other stuff, he's currently going through Rings of Power and House of the Dragon on there.

Don't watch Knights Watch though, they are very right leaning conservatives, and their complaints are very nit picky and constantly go on about 'woke agendas' and 'SJW's ruining our shows', while constantly repeating how bad the writing is, Imagine Angry Joe but 5 times worse lol. I am only watching them so I can understand what they are crying about. you can really tell when people on here wathc their channel becuase they repeat what they say nearly verbatim as if its their opinion :P
    Daniel Greene is an apologist for trash adaptations he's the last person to watch as an authority on series because he will straight up boost terrible adaptations if they give him clout. He gets "not bribes" like being flown out for premieres and meeting the cast. It's nearly impossible to objective about shows when you get benefits like that because of relentlessly pumping even the crappiest of adapts. It's like expecting Taliesin and Evitel to actually be objective when it comes to blizz games when their livlihood depends on getting into alphas and betas to push out content.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I cant believe the sure, Stupidity, of the last Episode. I mean sure, you can defend the show all you want, sure you can point out "Well its not breaking the lroe, its changing it"
    Sure you ccan say what ever you want about the show.

But the end scene is stupid, Mount Doom erupting and Volconic ash washes over our heroes, who just shrug it off. because they very next Episode. Shows Galderial, as "Little dusty" Despite the fact this Ash is like 1500 F hot, I mean its the EXACT same thing that happened to Pompeii Im sorry but noone is walking away from that specially someone in full metal armour
    I don’t think Lotr cares much about the reality’s of volcanoes, if it did Sam and Frodo would have never gotten off mount doom, even destroying the ring might have been impossible from the heat/fumes.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Never make a comparison to House of the Dragon. One is Grim Dark fantasy the other is, (well is supposed to be) classic fantasy.
    Quality is beyond genre, one is well written and have better acting, the other is garbage writing and bad acting.

Also some people may enjoy the story, some people might like some of the characters. Not everyone is a die hard Tolkien fan or may have ever read Tolkien or seen the other movies. I just think its disingenuous to literally hate every aspect of this show like its the worst thing ever. I have seen some bad shows, Rings of Power isn't the worst thing ever. At worst its a horrible adaptation, but at best, I suppose for some people its a fine slice of fantasy.
    Like i said, even for people who don't like/hate Tolkien, you know its a bad show, because of quality.

If "every aspect" is bad, is not people hating is people showing the truth. If this was a shit tv show from netflix, maybe people would not be too harsh, but they had the budget, they had the ip, there is no excuse for this to be so bad

Quality is beyond genre, one is well written and have better acting, the other is garbage writing and bad acting.

Like i said, even for people who don't like/hate Tolkien, you know its a bad show, because of quality.

If "every aspect" is bad, is not people hating is people showing the truth. If this was a shit tv show from netflix, maybe people would not be too harsh, but they had the budget, they had the ip, there is no excuse for this to be so bad
    With that logic the show is fantastic though. "Every aspect"

Visuals 10/10
    Music 10/10
    Dialogue is the drop, sometimes it's a 6/10 sometimes 10/10, giving it a 7.5/10

Story is hard to put a score atm since there are still 2 episodes left and EP6 proved all the nutjobs saying nothing made sense wrong. So far for me it's a solid 8.5/10 and most likely going higher.

People saying writing is bad and give examples and say "lmao how and why" and both those questions are explained in the show. Not sure if people actually watch it or just look at ragebait videos and complain thinking they're right.

If you complain about this show being bad it's simply because you joined the bandwagon of hate and wanted it to be bad in the first place, or wanted the prodoucers to tailor the show to suit your exact needs. Which are both hilariously riddiculus. The show is fantastic.

Even with INSANE review bombing it's almost at a 7/10. Explain to me how you think the majority of people think this show is bad?

Best regards,

One of the most nerdy Tolkien nerds EU.
    Last edited by Askyl; 2022-10-06 at 04:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Like i said, every aspect but music and CGI, and even the music sometimes does not mix well with the scene.
    Dialogue is a hard 5 that drops to 2 or 3 real quickly.
    Story is hard to put a score atm since there are still 2 episodes left and EP6 proved all the nutjobs saying nothing made sense wrong. So far for me it's a solid 8.5/10 and most likely going higher.
    How? shit still don't make sense, EP06 showed hey are going deeper with the BS and nonsense.

If you complain about this show being bad it's simply because you joined the bandwagon
    No, i complain because is genuinely bad, you are no g going to put the blame on something else

Best regards,

Another one of those super fans? like the ones amazon put to hype the series? that explain how someone can give a 8,5 in this dumpster fire. But for each their own;

Visuals 10/10
    Music 10/10
    Umm what? Visuals is like 7.5/10, as while the landscapes are beautiful, and the individual scenery good, the costumes range from only okay to worse than cosplay (the Numenorean helms are fucking trash, same with the armor, don't much care for the small ships either, this is supposed to be the grandest of the human empires with the greatest navy, show it).

Music is like 7.5/10, it is good but they try to force it so much to make the scenes seem so much bigger/more dramatic than it is that it falls flat at points, and none of it has caught me like some of the OG songs did.

Dialogue is fucking laughable, like 3.5/10. You want to say with an honest face that lines like "give me the meat, and give it to me raw?" is fucking 6/10? Or the tempest within me? How about the boat and the rock idiocy?

People saying writing is bad and give examples and say "lmao how and why" and both those questions are explained in the show. Not sure if people actually watch it or just look at ragebait videos and complain thinking they're right.
    LOL maybe a 4/10 if I am being nice, it is horribly bad. There is no time scale so things happen when the writers want, not when the story would naturally show it. People do things that are beyond idiotic (everything Galadriel basically does, including TRYING TO SWIM OVER A THOUSAND MILES BACK TO MIDDLE EARTH).

The Harfoots are actually insane little homicidal nut jobs that resemble Tolkiens in no manner. The elves at the watch tower apparently never noticed a hundreds of feet wide channel from Mount doom to their watch tower and got ambushed/caught by orcs. I could go on, but you get my point, the story is laughably bad/founded on deus ex machina. Oh and apparently a volcano that isn't pressurized goes critical when water is added, and creates a huge pyroclastic flow that will somehow not kill all the important characters. Guess the people of Pompei should have gotten some MC status.

If you complain about this show being bad it's simply because you joined the bandwagon of hate and wanted it to be bad in the first place, or wanted the prodoucers to tailor the show to suit your exact needs. Which are both hilariously riddiculus. The show is fantastic.

Even with INSANE review bombing it's almost at a 7/10. Explain to me how you think the majority of people think this show is bad?

Best regards,

Or maybe we are not getting baited by pretty images and the name and can actually see that underneath it is all garbage? Let me turn that around on you, if you defend this show being good it's simply because you joined the bandwagon of shills and wanted to protect a trillion dollar company because no matter what they produced you were going to eat it up, and it could have been anything and you would have accepted it. The show is mediocre at best (which is a massive failure with a billion dollar budget and Tolkien's story as the base).

Insane review bombing? How about for once someone prove this instead. Did house of the dragon get reviewed bomb? Is everything review bombed now? Or only when they say a show is bad? Also you are using what 7/10 from one website? In other places it gets as low as 3.2/10 so in that case I would say yes it is bad. Like if I am rating this show based on its adaptation level, it is easy 1/10. If I am reviewing it as a fantasy show, 4 or 5/10 which is mostly due to visuals, and a few good actors/scenes (dwarfs mostly, and Elendil).

Another one of those super fans? like the ones amazon put to hype the series? that explain how someone can give a 8,5 in this dumpster fire. But for each their own;
    Probably, speaking of those "superfans" only one of them has said anything about RoP, and it was that she hadn't watched it yet, because she only had time for one show and was really enjoying HotD, LOL.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-10-06 at 07:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Halbrand is Sauron.
    Doubt it, most likely a nazgul - hell the way the show is treating the actual plot, he might even turn out to be the Witch King.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Visuals 10/10
    Music 10/10

Best regards,

Because they had a lot of 10/10 which makes as much sense as the 0/10. Remove all of that and you get to 5/6 which where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping the reason they all survive is going to make sense and won't be a major facepalm moment. It won't be anything Galadriel did because she just stood there. The only person present who might feasibly have the power to save them somehow could be Totally-Not-Sauron, but then why would he save them? Unless he really has been trying to turn a new leaf.
    I think you are gonna get what you expected. In a way I'm glad to be honest. Middle earth isn't really a setting that tells stories easily. It's mostly a "solved" world. With luck this failing as hard as it is will stop anyone else from tampering with it for another 2p years.

Honestly I hope they just give up any pretense they are respecting the intellectual property and add machine guns and tanks to season two.

Btw to everyone being mad the eruption was 100-140km away which means that the blast and heat are absolutely survivable for pretty much everyone there.

Also, its fantasy. Expecting realism is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Daniel Greene is an apologist for trash adaptations he's the last person to watch as an authority on series because he will straight up boost terrible adaptations if they give him clout. He gets "not bribes" like being flown out for premieres and meeting the cast. It's nearly impossible to objective about shows when you get benefits like that because of relentlessly pumping even the crappiest of adapts. It's like expecting Taliesin and Evitel to actually be objective when it comes to blizz games when their livlihood depends on getting into alphas and betas to push out content.
    Yea the guy who people said was a shill for Wheel of time but gave it an overall rating of 6/10, cos people mad he didn't trash it like the grifters are doing... Also I think I gave wheel of time a 5/10 overall too. Guess I am being paid cos I didn't give it a 0 too. Everyone is a paid shill until they something you agree with.

Also don't compare him to Taliesin and Evitel, that right there is the real insult. Least Greene has respect for his viewers and doesn't throw temper tantrums on stream. Is T&E still doing that? I havent watched him for 2 years.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-10-06 at 07:45 AM.

Yea the guy who people said was a shill for Wheel of time but gave it an overall rating of 6/10, cos people mad he didn't trash it like the grifters are doing... Also I think I gave wheel of time a 5/10 overall too. Guess I am being paid cos I didn't give it a 0 too. Everyone is a paid shill until they something you agree with.

Also don't compare him to Taliesin and Evitel, that right there is the real insult. Least Greene has respect for his viewers and doesn't throw temper tantrums on stream. Is T&E still doing that? I havent watched him for 2 years.
    I wouldn't call him a shill, but he 100% pulled punches on wheel of time, he was VERY generous to the show/show runner who is the same chuckle fuck that said he would turn peoples favorite characters gay on twitter because of twitter trolls. If you are that much of a child I don't want you running a show(not to mention the fact he is terrible at it anyways, because he butchered that book).
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I wouldn't call him a shill, but he 100% pulled punches on wheel of time, he was VERY generous to the show/show runner who is the same chuckle fuck that said he would turn peoples favorite characters gay on twitter because of twitter trolls. If you are that much of a child I don't want you running a show(not to mention the fact he is terrible at it anyways, because he butchered that book).
    He probably did because he loves the source material, and as unfaithful to the source material as it was I know a lot of people who were just happy to see any form of adaptation, its kind alike a honey moon period, but even with that said I didn't agree with him either, if you saw Man Carrying Things review that's where I fall more of less., overall Greene he did admit its many faults and his overall score doesn't strike me as someone who was pulling punches. I was like that with the Warcraft movie. I gave that movie a 7/10. Way too generous than what it deserved.(yes I do regret that review in hindsight lol) :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-10-06 at 08:19 AM.

He probably did because he loves the source material, and as unfaithful to the source material as it was I know a lot of people who were just happy to see any form of adaptation, its kind alike a honey moon period, but even with that said I didn't agree with him either, if you saw Man Carrying Things review that's where I fall more of less., overall Greene he did admit its many faults and his overall score doesn't strike me as someone who was pulling punches. I was like that with the Warcraft movie. I gave that movie a 7/10. Way too generous than what it deserved.(yes I do regret that review in hindsight lol) :P
    Idk, as I get older I don't care to see any of my favorite IPs on the big screen, would prefer a big/good game that I can immerse myself in instead. Loved some of the PS2 games for LotR, they were great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Doubt it, most likely a nazgul - hell the way the show is treating the actual plot, he might even turn out to be the Witch King.
    Guess we will see who's right next week ^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    He probably did because he loves the source material, and as unfaithful to the source material as it was I know a lot of people who were just happy to see any form of adaptation, its kind alike a honey moon period
    Man, bless those pure hearts, Sure is nice when something you like goes tot he mainstream, but like this have the opposite effect

I remember Eragon adaptation, i enjoyed even as a bad movie, and only later i would know how much they trashed the story, It was so bad that killed any sequels or reboots till now.

Same thing for Percy Jackson, now the Author got the reigns to do something with it as a tv show

Btw to everyone being mad the eruption was 100-140km away which means that the blast and heat are absolutely survivable for pretty much everyone there.

Also, its fantasy. Expecting realism is laughable.
    Bs, the explosion was so fucked up it was creating lightning, and you can see the blast tearing trough houses a few ft away from then, they would be smoked, but just like Galadriel sinking like an anchor with a piece of timber, this show is nonsense.