1. #7701
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And as I've said, I'm happy to disagree with you on that. It doesn't mean there isn't any silence. All you're providing here is your opinion, and one that I'm not contending whatsoever. Repeating yourself isn't changing anything since I've addressed that above.
    You have done nothing but contend that opinion. Even saying they did something without providing any proof. Why does a show need to brag about its performance in order for it to be a success? There have always been rumors. There is a website that has dedicated itself to lies about the show for over a year prior to its release. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Amazon made no official press release about the boys post Season. They talked about its growth in past seasons when announcing it was renewed for Season 4. But we don't know much about season 4.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #7702
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Amazon made no official press release about the boys post Season. They talked about its growth in past seasons when announcing it was renewed for Season 4. But we don't know much about season 4.
    Sure they have. They made talks of the Boys' success when it first came out and talked about its sequels and spinoff projects. I'm not talking specifically about Season 3 of the Boys.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You have done nothing but contend that opinion.
    Er, I haven't contended it at all.

    All I said is the silence is defeaning, and repeated the point that they haven't said anything about the performance of the show post-finale.

    Whatever you're implying is contending your opinion is really just you. I'm not sure how repeating a statement I made before you even presented your opinion constitutes as contending your opinion. If I took a poop in a toilet and you scooped it out and put it in your cheerios, you can't turn that around to say I pooped in your cheerios.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-14 at 07:35 PM.

  3. #7703
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    It has "Lord of the Rings" in the name, what did you expect? Same thing with the new "Star Wars" trilogy. There's a huge fanbase that loves these franchises, to see it treated like shit will obviously make people very mad.
    Most of the noise comes from YouTube drama fans who think "treated like shit" is an accurate way of describing an adaptation, probably not that many actual Tolkien fans.

  4. #7704
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Sure they have. They made talks of the Boys' success when it first came out and talked about its sequels and spinoff projects. I'm not talking specifically about Season 3 of the Boys.
    Do you have links to them talking about it? As their official press releases don't match your claims. They've talked about Rings of Power. Not much. That lack of specific information you want isn't deafening at all. Why can a show only be good if it brags about itself right away?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #7705
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They've talked about Rings of Power. Not much. That lack of specific information you want isn't deafening at all. Why can a show only be good if it brags about itself right away?
    The silence that I'm referring to is contextually specific to the performance of the show and anything to dispel the rumors. I can repeat this a billion times and you'll still not listen, and by not considering this there's no way to move forward with this discussion. Like, I'm not sure what you want here.

    You are being anal retentive, that is it. If you don't think it is defeaning then that is your opinion. I'm not quite sure you need to address this as though 'silence is defeaning' is something that has to apply to you. You understand that this is an expression of my own opinion, right? Because if it's not defeaning to you, surely you understand the nuance of subtext and opinion, yes? That this reply to a comment to someone else's post might not have anything to do with your own opinion?

    I mean, you came at this with no intention of addressing the context of my original reply even after I made it clear what I was talking about. What exactly are you arguing here, that you don't think the silence is defeaning? Well I am fine you have that opinion. What more do you need here?


    Why can a show only be good if it brags about itself right away?
    I wouldn't know, you would have to ask the one who made that argument why they think that would be true. Obviously since I never said anything remotely close to that at all, I wouldn't be able to answer the question that you're presenting.

    I'm sorry, I can't answer the arguments you're arguing yourself with.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-14 at 07:53 PM.

  6. #7706
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The silence that I'm referring to is contextually specific to the performance of the show and anything to dispel the rumors. I can repeat this a billion times and you'll still not listen, so yes you are being dishonest by not considering the conversation we're having now and moving forward with it.
    Why is a show required to dispel rumors every time one occurs? Why do they have to do it within X time frame from last episode airing? Why does lack of doing so translate to the show believing they failed? Of course this is an expression of your own opinion. Why can't you explain your own opinion with out turning to predictable attacks/focus on me?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-11-14 at 07:52 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #7707
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    so yes you are being dishonest
    Do you not think this is a bit ironic when you pointed to the boys releasing info multiple times but won’t respond to him asking for any sort of evidence multiple times?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  8. #7708
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Do you not think this is a bit ironic when you pointed to the boys releasing info multiple times but won’t respond to him asking for any sort of evidence multiple times?
    It's not worth my time to dig back 5+ years through articles for. And you haven't been arguing with Rhorle much, so I don't expect you to understand why providing sources for him is a waste of time.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-14 at 07:59 PM.

  9. #7709
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It's not worth my time. You haven't been arguing with Rhorle much, so I don't expect you to understand why providing sources for him is a waste of time.
    Then don't argue with him, because, if what you say is true, you make yourself look stupid.

  10. #7710
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It's not worth my time to dig back 5+ years through articles for.
    The Boys season 1 was 3 years ago in 2019.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #7711
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Then don't argue with him, because, if what you say is true, you make yourself look stupid.
    C'mon man, practically half the pages of this entire thread are dedicated to my arguments with Rhorle, and you think that arguing him NOW will make me look stupid? I think that's a judgement people would have already made regardless of what I do moving forward, and this changes nothing.

    Who are we kidding here? You think people think all that highly of anyone else here? The threshold for mutual respect here is quite low. If any of us are actually looking for deep conversation, we wouldn't be looking in the MMO-C off-topic threads for it.

  12. #7712
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    C'mon man, practically half the pages of this entire thread are dedicated to my arguments with Rhorle, and you think that arguing him NOW will make me look stupid? I think that's a judgement people would have already made regardless of what I do moving forward, and this changes nothing.
    I mean, yeah, the back and forth started to border on stupid long time ago - but if you choose to continue it, either do it in good faith and provide proof when he asks for one, or shut up. That's my take on it. You thinking low of him doesn't exempt you from the rules of a honest conversation, sorry.

  13. #7713
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    I mean, yeah, the back and forth started to border on stupid long time ago - but if you choose to continue it, either do it in good faith and provide proof when he asks for one, or shut up. That's my take on it. You thinking low of him doesn't exempt you from the rules of a honest conversation, sorry.
    Who said I was having an honest conversation?

    I mean, If I casually dropped a "Tolkien would roll in his grave", he'd reply asking me to provide a source for that. I'm not sure it'd need to be provided in good faith either. And I'm not opposed to slinging mud when it gets down to it. If I were really looking for better conversation I wouldn't even be here.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-14 at 08:23 PM.

  14. #7714
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It's not worth my time to dig back 5+ years through articles for. And you haven't been arguing with Rhorle much, so I don't expect you to understand why providing sources for him is a waste of time.
    I mean that rather compounds the point that your the one being dishonest because of last experience with Rhorle.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-11-14 at 08:31 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  15. #7715
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Who said I was having an honest conversation?
    That's exactly what's being pointed out, ain't it.

  16. #7716
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Then I'm sure you can find the information you need.
    I have already told you that I can't find anything that fits what you've claimed. Hence why I asked you to provide a link several times. You seem so adamant about something while being unable to to provide anything to back it up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  17. #7717
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I mean that rather compounds the point that your the one being disgust because of last experience with Rhorle.
    Yes, I am quite disgusted by that last experience. I'll absolutely admit to that.

    If he can't google something that is easily google-able, then that's really not my problem. I'm not humoring him because whatever links I post would be ammunition for him to take on a tangent, or to dismiss for some other arbitrary reasoning that has nothing to do with the context of the original statements. I'm sure you would already know from all the times you've argued and provided links for him. Oh wait.

    -edit-

    since you meant dishonest, I'll just refer to you to my reply to Rageonit below, since it would just as much explain my reasoning to do so, including his own response which confirms exactly what I predicted would happen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    That's exactly what's being pointed out, ain't it.
    Yep, that it is. Now has that changed your opinion of me to looking stupid as though you ever thought it I didn't already look stupid? Probably not either.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-14 at 09:33 PM.

  18. #7718
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yep, that it is. Now has that changed your opinion of me to looking stupid as though you ever thought it I didn't already look stupid? Probably not either.
    Stupid and dishonest are two different things. You can't do much about the former, so that's more easily forgivable. As for the latter, it suggests that you're not a nice person to talk with.

  19. #7719
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    2,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    C'mon man, practically half the pages of this entire thread are dedicated to my arguments with Rhorle, and you think that arguing him NOW will make me look stupid? I think that's a judgement people would have already made regardless of what I do moving forward, and this changes nothing.

    Who are we kidding here? You think people think all that highly of anyone else here? The threshold for mutual respect here is quite low. If any of us are actually looking for deep conversation, we wouldn't be looking in the MMO-C off-topic threads for it.
    Hey I think well of several posters here, yourself among them. Auculd to name another. Endus too. I don't always agree with what they say, but I have some level of respect for any mmo-c poster who can consistently debate with other posters without devolving into foaming at the mouth and screeching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

  20. #7720
    Are people really defending the troll bot? Like seriously half the thread is him making asinine idiotic comments that have no basis in reality. Find a better hill (in this case he would be the Mariana trench) to die on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •