1. #7761
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You tried to correct a statement I made. That isn't a disagreement.
    You don't correct something you agree with. Lmao.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #7762
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't correct something you agree with. Lmao.
    You didn't disagree though, did you?

    You trying to correct it by saying they weren't silent. Then you agreed with the fact they were silent and then tried to argue that they had the right to be. Where is the disagreement here?

    That they weren't silent? Well, can't be the case, since you argued they had the right to be silent. In one way or another, you agree with some aspect of my statements by the mere fact you tried to play both angles. You never provided any actual opinion for what you were arguing in favor of. You kept shifting goal posts to the point where it was obvious you were just trying any angle to get me to change my statements.

    Then you tried shifting to say 'Well the silence isn't deafening then', which is pure gaslighting. Where is your opinion in this matter? What did you disagree on here? Nothing, you just blanketly tried to tell me my opinion was wrong.

    Like, it was obvious from the start you had no interest in discussing opinions, and only wanted to gaslight me into changing my statements.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-15 at 07:50 PM.

  3. #7763
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You didn't disagree though, did you?
    From the very start it was clear I disagreed with your assessment that the silence is deafening. The Mipcom interview shows they were not silent post-finale so I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that I agreed they were silent. Of course Amazon has a right to be silent. Why should they be required to address any rumor? Why do they need to talk about performance afterwards?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #7764
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    From the very start it was clear I disagreed with your assessment that the silence is deafening. The Mipcom interview shows they were not silent post-finale so I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that I agreed they were silent. Of course Amazon has a right to be silent. Why should they be required to address any rumor? Why do they need to talk about performance afterwards?
    And I said you were right to have that opinion, and it had no bearing on anything I've said. I'm no the one who continued the ordeal after that, I expressed many times that there was nothing left to argue.

    Even now, what are we circling around? That you don't think it's deafening? That's fine.

    So, why do you feel you need to gaslight me and tell me that I can't disagree with your opinion? That I can't believe the silence was deafening?

    You're unwilling to accept that I have an opinion that I find their silence on dispelling rumors to be deafening. You figure you need me to justify it by saying Amazon has a right to be silent, or why they require to address an rumor, or asking why they need to talk about performance. Well, what does it matter to you? I've given you ample explanations, you just don't happen to agree with any of them. So we're in disagreement. What more is there that you need explaining? That I disagree that Amazon should remain silent? That I disagree and they should be talking about performance? That I disagree and I think addressing rumors would be good, as HBO did when news came out that the Showrunner for House of the Dragon was leaving after its premiere? If you don't think transparency is important, then we can disagree, and could have left it at that.

    But instead you chose to try and gaslight the entire argument.

    Again, I can't fix your stupidity. I can't fix your anal retentiveness. All I can do is point it out for you. The rest is up to you.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-15 at 08:09 PM.

  5. #7765
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You seem to be the one not allowing me to disagree with your opinion. Understand, this was the crux of your argument here. For whatever reason, you can't live with the fact that I expressed it in the first place. At no point did I ever contend with your opinion, and this is still all about you trying to contend mine through thinly veiled attempts at gaslighting.
    You spent the last several trying to gatekeep what opinion I can have. You civilly discussed the topic with me before derailing the conversation. That is contention. I have never said you can't have an opinion. I've merely been trying to discuss it with you. Why is that a problem when on a discussion forum?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #7766
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You spent the last several trying to gatekeep what opinion I can have.
    It's funny how you're trying to spin this to me gatekeeping your opinion when you're the one who took a comment I made to someone else out of its context and applied it to yourself.

    Explain to me how I think the 'Silence is deafening' gatekeeps your own opinion?

    I've merely been trying to discuss it with you. Why is that a problem when on a discussion forum?
    By gaslighting, yes. I clearly pointed that out and why it's a problem. You're just trolling, what is left to discuss here?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-15 at 08:25 PM.

  7. #7767
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Where was I ever gatekeeping the opinion that you couldn't believe the silence was not deafening? I pretty clearly said I was fine with disagreeing with that opinion (if that happened to be your opinion) and leaving it at that. I'm still saying it now. I have no problem if you don't think the silence was deafening.
    Every post you've made that is ranting about me indicates that is a lie. If you have no problem with me disagreeing then why are you still trying to claim that it is is not my opinion? If you can leave it at that why haven't you left it?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #7768
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    B'ham, AL
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What is a level of growth that would be impressive to a reasonable person? Nothing? Not even 1,000%? It always requires data?
    %?
    To keep this as simple as possible: Yes.

    Any ONE piece of data (or any ONE statistic) ALWAYS requires more data/information before one should responsibly commit to knowing/believing what is 'good' or 'bad' in the information given.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

  9. #7769
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Every post you've made that is ranting about me indicates that is a lie. If you have no problem with me disagreeing then why are you still trying to claim that it is is not my opinion? If you can leave it at that why haven't you left it?
    I've never had any problem with opposing opinions, especially ones that were never being presented in the first place. Like I said, even if you were saying you personally don't think the silence was deafening, I said that's fine and you're okay to have that opinion. What more did you want?

    I've been clear that my purpose here to expose your assholery at any chance I get.

    Why would I stray away from a chance to show how Rhorle is willingly shitposting and arguing for the sake of it?


    I wouldn't be able to expose your gaslighting if put you on ignore, would I? Do you want to address this perhaps? Maybe defend yourself a little against the poor gaslighting attempt you did? You seem to be backpedalling without addressing this at all. Maybe because you know you were caught red-handed and have nothing left to argue except try to accuse me of gatekeeping?

    Even though you clearly said this:

    Right. We are discussing your comment. It still shows that the silence isn't deafening because they've addressed stuff a little bit after the show finale.

    The topic has been about your comment that Amazon's silence is deafening from the start.

    Yes, we were discussing my comment. So how the fuck does my opinion gatekeep you? LOL


    Well, I can't edit your posts, so surely I'm not the one forcing you to gaslight me, rofl. You're doing your best to pretend it never happened. I'm very much enjoying this Keep on replying, keep digging that hole. Don't let me stop you from choosing to weaponize your own ignorance.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-15 at 09:12 PM.

  10. #7770
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    To keep this as simple as possible: Yes. Any ONE piece of data (or any ONE statistic) ALWAYS requires more data/information before one should responsibly commit to knowing/believing what is 'good' or 'bad' in the information given.
    Why is 70% growth for the year not enough data? Why is 85% engagement from all of Amazon's subscribers not impressive for a secondary service? Why does it matter if a person uses it for 1 second or the entire year? They are all active users. This same type of argument is used to discredit things like MAU in Blizzard games for example. It shows the bias of the people involved rather then an innate requirement for data. If it supports their view on the subject "more data" will rarely be invoked.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #7771
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    B'ham, AL
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why is 70% growth for the year not enough data? Why is 85% engagement from all of Amazon's subscribers not impressive for a secondary service? Why does it matter if a person uses it for 1 second or the entire year? They are all active users. This same type of argument is used to discredit things like MAU in Blizzard games for example. It shows the bias of the people involved rather then an innate requirement for data. If it supports their view on the subject "more data" will rarely be invoked.
    I'm not here to argue with you about this. Its clear you don't understand stats and, if you truly want answers to your questions, I encourage you to go take a Stats 101 course.

    I just provided a simple, straight forward, answer to the general question.

    You can believe whatever you want. But all your arguing, and all this post continues to indicate, is that you don't understand how stats work. The fact you aren't even aware of any "innate requirement for more data" before one should trust ANY statistic, blows my mind. But again this all seems to fall under "Tell me you don't understand statistics without telling me you don't understand statistics."

    FYI - I've given no stance of any "bias" in any of this. I'm sure you may think you have an idea of how I feel about Amazon, or even this series - but that has not at all been mentioned by me in the now, two posts, I've made about the subject. And you probably won't believe me when I say I don't tend to quote stats on things I even LIKE because I know they can be highly manipulated - but I don't. You will never see me, in these forums, post about RT or IMDB or nielsons numbers or anything else. Because stats can be spun, same as media headlines. I may HATE that math is not reliable and straightforward - but when it comes to statistics - its true.

    But no worries - its my last one on the 'stats' subject. Because no, I'm not here to debate this.

    (If anything it blows my mind that people pay more often for the Amazon Prim sub for the 2 day shipping than for the streaming content. I've never needed anything that OFTEN that FAST and shipping is free on everything if you don't need it in two days. =D Now living outside the US, that savings on shipping might make more sense. And this is REALLY off subject... )

    Carry on!
    Last edited by Koriani; 2022-11-15 at 10:23 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

  12. #7772
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    I'm not here to argue with you about this. Its clear you don't understand stats and, if you truly want answers to your questions, I encourage you to go take a Stats 101 course.
    And yet you are here arguing. Don't lie just because you refuse to answer questions. Not everything requires full data to make a judgement on if it is good or bad. There is a reason why summary statements exist. Why do you need data on growth to know if 70% is good or bad? Why do you need to know what each individual user does on a platform to know if high engagement is good or bad?

    Is a high percentage of users engaging in a service good or bad? Is low growth bad? Is low engagement bad? These things don't change based on data. Low engagement doesn't become a good thing just because you have access to data. It can be justified with an analysis of the data but it won't change from low engagement. Just as 70% growth won't change with an analysis of the data. It will just be explained. That 70% still remains. It will still be impressive or not. Good or bad. Or whatever other quality descriptor is assigned to it.

    When you go shopping can you spot a good deal? Or do you ask the store for their full price, margin, etc data first? Is 80% off a good deal? What you are saying is that it is impossible to call it a good deal with out a full set of data to analyze first. Yet we know that 80% off normal price is a good deal.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-11-15 at 10:58 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #7773
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    I'm not here to argue with you about this. Its clear you don't understand stats and, if you truly want answers to your questions, I encourage you to go take a Stats 101 course.
    Yeah, I know you're trying your best to be nice, but he's only here to argue. Kudos to you for trying though!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Is 80% off a good deal? What you are saying is that it is impossible to call it a good deal with out a full set of data to analyze first.
    Like what the fuck dude?

    80% off a normal price is not a statistic. It's a set value. Words can't even describe how stupid this comparison is. I mean, best thing you coulda done was kept quiet, but there you go weaponizing that ignorance.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-15 at 11:34 PM.

  14. #7774
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    80% off a normal price is not a statistic. It's a set value. Words can't even describe how stupid this comparison is. I mean, best thing you coulda done was kept quiet, but there you go weaponizing that ignorance.
    Growth is a set value then. Engagement numbers is a set value then. The percentage of growth won't change after analyzing the data. The percentage of engagement won't change after analyzing the data. All that happens after analyzing the full data is if you can find something to justify why you think it isn't good or that it isn't bad. Their values don't actually change unless they are lies.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-11-15 at 11:47 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #7775
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Growth is a set value then.
    Growth is a rate. It's not static like comparing to a shop manually setting price values at a 80% discount. You don't sound like you actually know what you're talking about.

    Ignorant as fuck.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    it says that I haven’t checked the media forum since yesterday and your post to other people don’t show up in my notifications, though I see your self important enough to think that they should.

    But feel free to link your addressing and rhole being dishonest and I’ll happily say your not the only dishonest poster in the thread.
    Feel free to include yourself in that

    Pretty sure judging a conversation without bothering to check the replies and context of said conversation is also quite bad faith. But I get it, there was a bandwagon and you had the opportunity to jump on for an easy jab.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-16 at 12:44 AM.

  16. #7776
    Legendary! TirielWoW's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,617
    So I finally finished the series. Yes, I put it off for several weeks due to IRL. I guess I'll break down things I liked.

    Things I Liked:
    I liked Arandir. I don't care if no one else agrees with me, he was the most Elf-looking Elf in the entire series, and I actually gave a shit about him.
    I loved every single scene Elrond and Durin were in. I'm still not okay with Elrond's short hair, but those two actors have so much fucking chemistry, every single scene they were in together was enjoyable.
    I fucking LOVE Disa. I loved the interplay between her and Durin and Elrond. I just think she did a really good job with that role.
    I liked Halbrand. I didn't at first, but with the benefit of retrospect, I do feel like the actor did a fantastic job and was playing true to form the ENTIRE time. He kept telling Galadriel that she wasn't the person he wanted, and she kept ignoring him. lol
    I liked the Harfoots. Sorry, I just really did. Those scenes were fun, and I loved Nori and Poppy. Sue me.


    Things I Didn't Like
    I really disliked the plot about the Elves losing their spirit and having to leave Middle Earth for Valinor. Like, it just felt very forced and low-key dumb as rocks. There were so many other ways to get where they needed to go, and THIS was the one they chose?
    I really disliked Galadriel. God, I WANTED to like her. I was willing to allow for her to be a problem child at the start, but the thing is, she never seemed to improve. There was no character progression. The most "humanity" we see in her is after the volcano eruption when she's talking to Theo, and EVEN THEN she's stilted and weird. And then, KNOWING that Sauron wants them to craft the rings, *she does it anyway*. Still keeping secrets, because apparently the world is about her. It's...idk. It needs fixing.
    The fact that Gil-Galad kept ordering Galadriel around just hurt my head. Someone make it make sense? ._.
    If the Istari is Gandalf, I will be so angry. This is SUCH an opportunity to introduce us to the Blue Wizards, who made a difference in this time period before passing into legend, and I will be so angry I swear to god.
    Why is Gil-Galad plotting and scheming and LYING to Elrond about his reason to go to the Dwarves?! And Celebrimbor, too?! They literally impugned Elrond's honor because they didn't trust him enough by sending him on a mission where they had to trust in his honor anyway...I can't even.
    This bullshit fanfiction "Sauron puts the moves on Galdariel" makes me want to claw my own eyes out.
    Why do I care more about the Numenorian horses than I do about the Numenorians?


    Anyway. There's a few things I will continue watching it for.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

    Signature by Shyama

  17. #7777
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Feel free to include yourself in that

    Pretty sure jumping into a conversation without bothering to check the replies and context of said conversation is also quite bad faith. But I get it, there was a bandwagon and you had the opportunity to jump on for an easy jab.
    I checked your replies to me and had all the context of the conversation reading the whole back and forth before my initial post.

    You might be butt hurt not every one religiously reads your post but it’s not at all bad faith to just not check a thread for a day while your busy especially when there’s no replies to you. If there are post you want to point me towards feel free to link them and I’ll read them and respond if needed that’s what the notification function is for, other wise I’ll catch up with the thread when I have the time.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  18. #7778
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I checked your replies to me and had all the context of the conversation reading the whole back and forth before my initial post.

    You might be butt hurt not every one religiously reads your post but it’s not at all bad faith to just not check a thread for a day while your busy especially when there’s no replies to you. If there are post you want to point me towards feel free to link them and I’ll read them and respond if needed that’s what the notification function is for, other wise I’ll catch up with the thread when I have the time.
    Just wanted to point out how you had no reason to judge anything, and how you were willingly ignorant in having done so. I mean, it's not like I did anything to provoke you into jumping into this, when you never even bothered to regard the context of the conversation at all, am I right? Because if you did, you would see he was baiting a source in order to dismiss it. It was a thin attempt at fueling his already-bad-faith argument. It's obvious as fuck. He even did it after I said that's exactly what he would do if I did post a link. He tried to dismiss it, I pressed him on it, and he had to admit he was wrong.

    I don't believe that you understood the context of the conversation at all. You jumped in cherry picking a part of it, making a judgement call, and jumping on the bandwagon cuz someone else was already calling it out, without actually considering what the conversation was about. If you knew the context, then you would know he was arguing in bad faith to begin with. If you're accusing me of dishonesty while not regarding Rhorle's arguments, all while saying you got the context of the conversation, then you are also arguing in bad faith.

    You're right about one thing. I'm not the only dishonest poster in this thread. I don't blame you for taking the easy jab, I'm just calling you out for the willing ignorance being implied here when you 'considered the context'. There's a clear bias involved here, and you can't bullshit a bullshitter.

    I mean, the only other way I see it is, you read the back and forth, and believed Rhorle was asking a source in good faith. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't like to think you're that naive.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-16 at 01:38 AM.

  19. #7779
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Growth is a rate. It's not static like comparing to a shop manually setting price values at a 80% discount. You don't sound like you actually know what you're talking about.
    So amazon stating growth for the year has been 70% means that isn't a set value? That growth for the past year is constantly changing? Lmao.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #7780
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So amazon stating growth for the year has been 70% means that isn't a set value? That growth for the past year is constantly changing? Lmao.
    Wow, you really don't know what you're talking about. Like, you really don't.


    Do you know how growth is actually calculated? I'll give you a hint, it's not by Jeff Bezos deciding the growth rate to be 70% and having his people set it at that, lol.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-16 at 01:34 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •