1. #7881
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Wait, did that happen?
    That Amazon was considering it?
    Yes.
    The current rumor is that they'll delay replacing the showrunners (or "demoting" them) to help bolster any chance at receiving an Emmy for the show.

    *shrugs
    We have a couple of years...we'll see.

  2. #7882
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Wait, did that happen?
    It is an unconfirmed rumor. Some people try to pass it off as a fact or sure thing though.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #7883
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The simple fact is most viewers who watched the show liked it, that is proof the show is good that is not something you can deny, its not just me claiming its a good show, all the data available proves the show is good and the show has performed far better than most other shows available in such a short time, the only ones who hate it are ppl who generally hate most things and are just looking to whine, case and point the usual suspects in this thread who do the same in several threads.
    The data shows the show is popular, not necessarily good.

    Justin Bieber is/was very popular too. So we can conclude that “good” and “popular” are not necessarily congruent.

    Good and bad are ENTIRELY subjective though, so proof can not be given to substantiate either.

    Having read several other Tolkien works besides LotR/the hobbit, such as silmarillion, children of hurin, etc I do consider myself more informed than the average viewer, but I was well entertained. I especially loved Moria.

    I have my own criticisms (especially would’ve liked celebrimbor as more of a shadow of mordor badass) but I have a willingness to just see what the creators vision is. The books still exist, the movies still exist.

  4. #7884
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Justin Bieber is/was very popular too. So we can conclude that “good” and “popular” are not necessarily congruent.
    He is a good singer. If you eat a recipe made by a talented chef you can tell it is good even if you don't like it. The show was good. It had a few great things and even fewer exceptional things. The problem is a lot of people in this thread have a problem with something being good when they don't like it. You see it when they exaggerate or can't acknowledge anything non-negative about the show. It doesn't impact the valid criticisms and short comings of the show to do so but they can't.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #7885
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    He is a good singer. If you eat a recipe made by a talented chef you can tell it is good even if you don't like it.
    You really haven't a clue what logic is do you?
    How talented a chef is isn't relevant. If it taste like shit, then it is shit.

  6. #7886
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You really haven't a clue what logic is do you? How talented a chef is isn't relevant. If it taste like shit, then it is shit.
    Something can be good but not personally liked. It is possible to separate the two and acknowledge that a meal, painting, or other thing is good but not something your own personal taste finds to be good. For example a person doesn't like mushrooms. Every dish that has mushrooms isn't crap just because it has mushrooms. They can be good or bad even though that person won't like it because of the mushrooms.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #7887
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Something can be good but not personally liked. It is possible to separate the two and acknowledge that a meal, painting, or other thing is good but not something your own personal taste finds to be good. For example a person doesn't like mushrooms. Every dish that has mushrooms isn't crap just because it has mushrooms. They can be good or bad even though that person won't like it because of the mushrooms.
    Except you can't call mushrooms good objectively. It is evaluated subjectively, and if someone doesn't like mushrooms then to them it is legitimately valid to call it bad, even if made by Gordon Ramsay himself. Thay is the whole point of subjectivity. A bad show does not mean universally bad, it means bad in the eyes of the person calling it bad. The only thing objectively good that you could define might be the quality of the product, but not in its taste or presentation. Even a talented chef can still end up making a burnt steak.

    And the talented chef analogy isn't very apt because you aren't evaluating the product, you are implying that you are judging it based on the merit of its creator. Do you think WC3 Reforged is a good game because it was made by Blizzard, a company known for hiring talented developers? They can still produce lackluster quality products despite their track record.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-22 at 03:56 PM.

  8. #7888
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Something can be good but not personally liked.
    As usual...moving the goalposts.

    If it looks like shit and smells like shit, then it's probably shit. Just because you grabbed a spoon and insist it's good just boggles the mind.

  9. #7889
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    As usual...moving the goalposts.
    What goal posts were moved? You originally took issue with me saying that something can be good but not personally liked. Hence why Justin Bieber is a good singer despite not being liked by a lot of people.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #7890
    Back on the "ignore" with you.

  11. #7891
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What goal posts were moved? You originally took issue with me saying that something can be good but not personally liked. Hence why Justin Bieber is a good singer despite not being liked by a lot of people.
    Depends though.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/singing/com..._performances/

  12. #7892
    So long after the show has finished airing its season 1, and the bashers are still in full force.

    Give it a rest, at least until season 2 starts.

  13. #7893
    Unfortunately the show is bad, I didn't like it.

  14. #7894
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Just because 100 million watched it doesn't mean 100 million enjoyed it. So far it has been recieved with mixed reviews. Amazon Prime has over 200 million subscribers, so out of their own audience, 50% were interested. This gives us 0 information on how many people the show actually attracted enough to bother subbing to prime.

    Also, more people like the show than don't like it is a rather big assumption on your part. You have nothing backing your claims, other than your opinion, dude.
    It doesnt matter how many liked the show, not every show is to the taste of every single person and there are billions of ppl in the world, not all amazon prime members even use the streaming service, if 100 million ppl potentially want to watch the show then thats larger than most tv shows ever get.

    All the data backs my claim, of those who have actually watched the show all the metrics show most viewers enjoyed it, why dont you prove me otherwise, all the reviews point the show to being between a 70-85% rating, if thats not considered good then you clearly have no idea on what you are even talking about.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    The data shows the show is popular, not necessarily good.

    Justin Bieber is/was very popular too. So we can conclude that “good” and “popular” are not necessarily congruent.

    Good and bad are ENTIRELY subjective though, so proof can not be given to substantiate either.

    Having read several other Tolkien works besides LotR/the hobbit, such as silmarillion, children of hurin, etc I do consider myself more informed than the average viewer, but I was well entertained. I especially loved Moria.

    I have my own criticisms (especially would’ve liked celebrimbor as more of a shadow of mordor badass) but I have a willingness to just see what the creators vision is. The books still exist, the movies still exist.
    If more ppl like something than hate it that makes it good, there is no way around that, personal tastes dont make something good or bad, plus too many ppl are ignorant and overly judgy on everything these days, the majority rules on what is considered a good tv/film series not the individual.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  15. #7895
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    It doesnt matter how many liked the show, not every show is to the taste of every single person and there are billions of ppl in the world
    If more ppl like something than hate it that makes it good
    How the fuck do you contradict yourself in your own post this badly?

  16. #7896
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So long after the show has finished airing its season 1, and the bashers are still in full force.

    Give it a rest, at least until season 2 starts.
    Hopefully there won't be a season 2.

    It's so bad that I would be fine if they did a major reset and pretend the original Rings of Power never existed. There's no coming back from how bad the show is unfortunately.

  17. #7897
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    How the fuck do you contradict yourself in your own post this badly?
    He is delusional, he pops here a few times, claims all the data confirm what he said, except, he doesn't say or link any data, and the data we sho him he said is incorrect or invallid

    Dude literally said what matters is that many people liked a few pages ago

  18. #7898
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    How the fuck do you contradict yourself in your own post this badly?
    There is no contradiction, if you watched the whole series then you must like something about the show, but if you didnt watch more than one episode then the show may not be to your taste, personal preferance has no bearing on a show being good or not, just like the amount of players that have tried world of warcraft when it has 5% retention at the time it had over 100 million players that have tried the game, these days i doubt retention is even 1-2% so are you going to claim WoW is a bad game just because its not a game type millions of players like.

    100 million have watched RoP and we will probably never know if all of those watched the whole series or not, its impressive as it is to even get the attention of 100 million to watch a tv series.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    He is delusional, he pops here a few times, claims all the data confirm what he said, except, he doesn't say or link any data, and the data we sho him he said is incorrect or invallid

    Dude literally said what matters is that many people liked a few pages ago
    You have yet to back anything you have said up, the show is good plain and simple so just because you are ignorant and in denial it doesnt change that simple fact, you are wrong just admit it, your personal tastes have no bearing on the quality of the show.

    There is no data proving the show is bad, user metric reviews are not vaild because they are simply filled with the most vocal group of which is the ones that hate everything. The only valid metrics are from actual critics judging the show fairly and not by impossible fan standards.

    You are consistant in having opinions that are in the minority.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-11-22 at 11:10 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  19. #7899
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    There is no contradiction, if you watched the whole series then you must like something about the show, but if you didnt watch more than one episode then the show may not be to your taste, personal preferance has no bearing on a show being good or not, just like the amount of players that have tried world of warcraft when it has 5% retention at the time it had over 100 million players that have tried the game, these days i doubt retention is even 1-2% so are you going to claim WoW is a bad game just because its not a game type millions of players like.

    100 million have watched RoP and we will probably never know if all of those watched the whole series or not, its impressive as it is to even get the attention of 100 million to watch a tv series.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You have yet to back anything you have said up, the show is good plain and simple so just because you are ignorant and in denial it doesnt change that simple fact, you are wrong just admit it, your personal tastes have no bearing on the quality of the show.

    There is no data proving the show is bad, user metric reviews are not vaild because they are simply filled with the most vocal group of which is the ones that hate everything. The only valid metrics are from actual critics judging the show fairly and not by impossible fan standards.

    You are consistant in having opinions that are in the minority.
    THen you can't call the show good either because you don't know, by your same standards.

    Yet here we are with you having said the show is good many many times. That means by your own definition, you are full of shit.

  20. #7900
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    "mithril reflects the light of valinor" is this show's version of "the midichlorians are the force"
    Hot take. I'mma yoink that for future arguments, very good analogy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •