1. #7941
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    What's the point of discussing with someone that says something like this? That's a straight up lie.
    Whats a lie exactly, the show has a good rating and most ppl who have watched are not on the internet moaning so they like it enough not to whine like little girls about it. You obviously are just lying to yourself if you are ignorant to think that more ppl hate the show than like it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It takes less than that to call out the fact you haven't provided any proof for it being good.

    And I don't have to provide any data for it being bad because I haven't said it was bad. I thought your point was that no one could know whether it was good or bad because of the millions of people in the world who have watched it?
    I dont need to provide proof, you have seen the reviews yourself that prove the show is good, a 7/10 rating on average is good you do realise that dont you, 25 million viewers on average watching as the show is released is good you do know that right, and those numbers have increased by a huge amount since the release of the finale.

    You dont have anything to back you up if you claim otherwise.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Remember, this was the guy who said LOTR was unpopular and 'failure' as "just books", and not popular at all, until the Jackson movie released. (No matter what all the stats on the success of Hobbit/LOTR in the 50 years prior to the PJ movies say.)

    Also he continues to insist that Star Citizen is the greatest gift to gaming since Pong.

    He's a black-hole-bot of responses on why he's always right and everyone else isn't, so just give up now. Trust me, save yourself the headache. Pick ANYONE ELSE on the forums to argue in a circle with, they will at least be more interesting in their responses .
    Its a simple fact the books were never really popular until the movies came out, they may of been popular for a book but not selling the millions and being a billion dollar industry that the films made them into, most of the copies sold after the release of the first film and that is a fact, there is barely any information on book sales mentioned for tolkien books prior to the release of the films. Good luck on always being wrong about things.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  2. #7942
    I was hoping you lot would get bored of this and this thread would wind down, but it hasn't. So consider this a warning: stay civil. Subjective taste is exactly that - subjective. Arguments of objective goodness of a piece of media outside of pointing to actual numbers/popularity is a bad faith argument. Even pointing to popularity is not an indication of goodness. It's a debate that has done nothing to further discussion of the show itself but only mired the thread in needless bitching from both ends about the nature of "what is good" and other such inane discussion. Please consider counting to 10 and asking yourself whether you actually need to continue this debate because - while it isn't against the rules of this forum - it's going nowhere and spiraling off into infinity.

  3. #7943
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You need to learn that most ppl that have watched the show like it plain and simple.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You couldnt refute anything because you have nothing.

    25 million ppl minimum watching a show it in it first weeks and throughout the whole season is to you considered bad, all the average ratings on the show are 7 or higher, you are obviously clueless on what is considered bad, the show was the number one show throughtout its release and the numbers will only continue to rise.

    You have no say on whats a bad show or not because the facts simply dont support you.

    A show being bad and you not liking it are 2 completely different things.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The data is right in your face, takes 2 secs to check several review sites that proves the show is good, you have provided no data proving the show is bad because there is none.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The show is rated pretty good and most ppl like the show that has watched it, ppl need to accept reality that more ppl enjoy the show than dont.
    User reviews don't seem to show that

  4. #7944
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    User reviews don't seem to show that
    Even the user reviews shows more ppl like it than otherwise, IMBD is probably the site with the highest amount of reviews with nearly 300k and most are putting the show good or higher. RT barely has any user reviews barely even 15% of the reviews of other sites, so if you think one site gives you any credibility you are very mistaken, anything higher than a 6 rating is considered good, the show would have to be rated a 2-3 on average for anyone claiming its bad to be even remotely correct.

    User reviews are mostly biased especially when it comes to something that has been a book, because fans will hate on something regardless of it being good or not, so a small amount of bad reviews here and there is not proof of the show being bad.

    If a show is rated 7/10 does that not make the show good to more ppl than not, because thats how ratings work, you wouldnt get a 7/10 if it was as bad as you claim.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-11-24 at 07:03 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  5. #7945
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    19,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    User reviews don't seem to show that
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7631058...?ref_=tt_ov_rt

    If you eliminate 10's and 1's, to remove potential bias, more appear to like the show then dislike it. 40.8% for 6-9 and 15.6% for 2-5.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #7946
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,826
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    Oh, and here's the best part of the "Get revenge for Finrod's death" storyline. Finrod is alive. He was reincarnated in Valinor before the defeat of Morgoth. And Galadriel should know this fact by this part of the story. The Elves in Valinor frequently visited Numenor for thousands of years before the events of the show, so there's definitely a way for a message to get through to the Galadriel.

    Utter lack of interest in what the lore says by the showrunners. Amazing. I’m not sure which is funnier - “Galadriel is in a quest to avenge the life of her living brother” or “Durin is so potent he reincarnated himself into his son while he was still alive.”
    I laughed way too hard about those bits, clearly how they give zero shits about the work they are adapting, the bit of her living brother is more bs when you realize she had other brothers and husband, but apparently only care about one brother

  7. #7947

  8. #7948
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    I'm only 4 minutes in but this guy definitely gets it, seems like a good listen.

    Why is the Rings of Power So Hated?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiW1_s8S71A

    "Pretty sure the problem wasn't that Galadriel was a good fighter, it was that everyone else was incompetent. A whole group of presumably elite elven warriors couldn't handle a troll that she killed in seconds... And that is just one example."

    Yep, been saying that since the first episode. It's just poor story telling to have all those Elves literally be worthless the entire time. I get you want to make Galadriel feel exceptional, but you don't do it at the expense of her troops.

  9. #7949
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    "Pretty sure the problem wasn't that Galadriel was a good fighter, it was that everyone else was incompetent. A whole group of presumably elite elven warriors couldn't handle a troll that she killed in seconds... And that is just one example."

    Yep, been saying that since the first episode. It's just poor story telling to have all those Elves literally be worthless the entire time. I get you want to make Galadriel feel exceptional, but you don't do it at the expense of her troops.
    Is every single elve meant to be just a superior fighter and be expected to handle anything that they come across, the elves race is not much different to men they just have some benfits, are they also immune to getting tired or how do you even know these elves even have actual combat experience or even seen a troll to begin with, plenty of factors you have probably never even considered, only a small number of elves can be considered special.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  10. #7950
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Is every single elve meant to be just a superior fighter and be expected to handle anything that they come across, the elves race is not much different to men they just have some benfits, are they also immune to getting tired or how do you even know these elves even have actual combat experience or even seen a troll to begin with, plenty of factors you have probably never even considered, only a small number of elves can be considered special.
    It doesn't matter of they aren't or not. We have no information that implies Galadriel was experienced in fighting snow trolls while her troop were not, yet she still beat it fine while her troops could not do anything. That's all that matters.

    If they were all tasked with finding Sauron, then if her troops can't even deal with a Snow Troll what use would they be in a fight with the actual big bad? Nothing, because they are only portrayed as being worthless and in your own explanation, inexperienced.

  11. #7951
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It doesn't matter of they aren't or not. We have no information that implies Galadriel was experienced in fighting snow trolls while her troop were not, yet she still beat it fine while her troops could not do anything. That's all that matters.

    If they were all tasked with finding Sauron, then if her troops can't even deal with a Snow Troll what use would they be in a fight with the actual big bad? Nothing, because they are only portrayed as being worthless and in your own explanation, inexperienced.
    Galadriel is one of the special elves that are superior to other normal elves, she wants revenge for her brother so she has had plenty of motivation to become a superior fighter to many other elves, the other elve soldiers are just normal elves as far as we know. Elves can get knocked down and die just as easy as the race of men.

    It was a task she herself took upon and just dragged anyone who would follow with them, they had been doing this for what hundreds of years and many who did follow went back home, it has nothing to do with actually beating sauron because it would take an army not a small force to even have a chance to begin with, not all soldiers are going to be experienced in battle and they were shown to be pretty much exhausted before the troll appeared, your expectations on the elve race is far too high.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  12. #7952
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,826
    ah yes, she want revenge for her alive brother, this joke keeps giving.

    She being "special" is not an excuse for the elite task force that went serching for sauron, and fight him if need be, to be this weak and worthless.

  13. #7953
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    ah yes, she want revenge for her alive brother, this joke keeps giving.

    She being "special" is not an excuse for the elite task force that went serching for sauron, and fight him if need be, to be this weak and worthless.
    And where did they ever say it was an elite force, looking for something and actually fighting is two completely different things, a whole army of elves would stand little or no chance to defeat sauron on his own let alone a small scouting party, just takes a little bit of thought to actually understand things just a little.

    Elves are only a little bit different to the race of men, stop putting them on a pedestal because of your mistaken expectations.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-11-25 at 07:57 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  14. #7954
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,826
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    And where did they ever say it was an elite force, looking for something and actually fighting is two completely different things, a whole army of elves would stand little or no chance to defeat sauron on his own let alone a small scouting party, just takes a little bit of thought to actually understand things just a little.
    That just make her even more stupid to think she can take him on, if an army can't

    but well, being bright is not a character trait of hers, since she fully aware of it, jump from the ship miles away from middle earth, trying to swim there, knowing for a fact it was impossible and knowing she was going for - her words - certain death

    It's amazing how people try to explain it, it gets even more absurd and nonsensical, the only way to watch this is if you take away your brain

  15. #7955
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Elves are only a little bit different to the race of men, stop putting them on a pedestal because of your mistaken expectations.
    Ahm, wrong. Elves are, on average, considerably better than Men at everything. They also don't require sleep, can walk over snow, leave no traces if they chose so, craft objects with such immense quality that they appear to be magical to other folk...

    The average Elf will run circles around trained men and beat them in combat every time. It's something the movies got wrong as well.

  16. #7956
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Ahm, wrong. Elves are, on average, considerably better than Men at everything. They also don't require sleep, can walk over snow, leave no traces if they chose so, craft objects with such immense quality that they appear to be magical to other folk...

    The average Elf will run circles around trained men and beat them in combat every time. It's something the movies got wrong as well.
    Not all elves are exectional, its nowhere in the lore all elves are clearly better at everything, they are stronger, more agile and dont die from normal means, creating powerful objects is just from living so long they can master techniques, it doesnt make them so much better than everyone else that a trained man couldnt kill an elve 1v1.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    That just make her even more stupid to think she can take him on, if an army can't

    but well, being bright is not a character trait of hers, since she fully aware of it, jump from the ship miles away from middle earth, trying to swim there, knowing for a fact it was impossible and knowing she was going for - her words - certain death

    It's amazing how people try to explain it, it gets even more absurd and nonsensical, the only way to watch this is if you take away your brain
    The usual thing with revenge is you do it regardless of chances of success, she is willing to accept death if she is unable to get her revenge its the basic concept of seeking revenge against a powerful enemy.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  17. #7957
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    19,826
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The usual thing with revenge is you do it regardless of chances of success, she is willing to accept death if she is unable to get her revenge its the basic concept of seeking revenge against a powerful enemy.

    That is dumb, the usual thing with revenge is that you actually have chances, or you make your own

    And again, her revenge is pointless because her brother is alive, in the place she refused to go in the very first episode

    her motivations and reasons are nonsensical and artificial as they had to break down the lore to pretend it works, but she ultimately ignores her other two brothers and her own husband.

  18. #7958
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    but she ultimately ignores her other two brothers and her own husband.
    Noooo she "lost" her husband, like she lost him in the supermarket or whatever

  19. #7959
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Not all elves are exectional, its nowhere in the lore all elves are clearly better at everything, they are stronger, more agile and dont die from normal means, creating powerful objects is just from living so long they can master techniques, it doesnt make them so much better than everyone else that a trained man couldnt kill an elve 1v1.
    Yes, they are. Elves are more akin to the Ainur than to Men.

  20. #7960
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Galadriel is one of the special elves that are superior to other normal elves, she wants revenge for her brother so she has had plenty of motivation to become a superior fighter to many other elves, the other elve soldiers are just normal elves as far as we know. Elves can get knocked down and die just as easy as the race of men.
    lol. You're so full of shit dude. Like, if you're just gonna make shit up, you could at least make it funny. This is just sadness.

    Galadriel's strengths are a product of the writing, and the writing is too obvious in its goal of making her superior to the other Elves, to the point of making them absolutely inferior and incompetent. Galadriel wins against the Troll because she has plot armor and is a named character, whereas every other trooper is nameless. It's unapologetically driven by tropes.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-25 at 05:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •