1. #7961
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7631058...?ref_=tt_ov_rt

    If you eliminate 10's and 1's, to remove potential bias, more appear to like the show then dislike it. 40.8% for 6-9 and 15.6% for 2-5.
    You do understand that most people treat ratings as a grading system right? A 7 is not a good show a 6 is unwatchable trash.

  2. #7962
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    You do understand that most people treat ratings as a grading system right? A 7 is not a good show a 6 is unwatchable trash.
    Okay then if we throw out 6 (the "real" lowest rating) and 10's it still show's that 11.1% loved it (9). 14.1% thought it was average (8). 9.8% though it was not a good show. It still shows that people liked it based on the ratings on IMDB.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yes, they are. Elves are more akin to the Ainur than to Men.
    Not all elves are of equal skill levels though. Doesn't Legolas also state that Aragorn and Boromir are stronger but he is lighter and quicker? Tolkien never really made absolute statements of skill for entire races. So in a 1v1 an elf might not always win. The time the fight took place would matter as well. As elves were growing weaker while men were growing stronger in comparison.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #7963
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    That is dumb, the usual thing with revenge is that you actually have chances, or you make your own

    And again, her revenge is pointless because her brother is alive, in the place she refused to go in the very first episode

    her motivations and reasons are nonsensical and artificial as they had to break down the lore to pretend it works, but she ultimately ignores her other two brothers and her own husband.
    In a normal world maybe but not when it involves fantasty with characters with immense power, revenge is not logical or supposed to make sense, it wouldnt matter if her brother is alive or dead, she knows he did die in battle so it doesnt matter what you think just because you have knowledge the characters wouldnt have.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    lol. You're so full of shit dude. Like, if you're just gonna make shit up, you could at least make it funny. This is just sadness.

    Galadriel's strengths are a product of the writing, and the writing is too obvious in its goal of making her superior to the other Elves, to the point of making them absolutely inferior and incompetent. Galadriel wins against the Troll because she has plot armor and is a named character, whereas every other trooper is nameless. It's unapologetically driven by tropes.
    Just because you cant accept reality that most elves are not really that special doesnt change the simple facts, in the films it took a whole party to kill just one troll, a group of normal elves would still struggle against such an enemy, you have nothing to back you up claiming elves should be able to easily deal with many such enemies.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  4. #7964
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yes, they are. Elves are more akin to the Ainur than to Men.
    All they have is immortality with no natural death, a bit more strength, agility and a few other benefits, some men are known to have more strength than an elve, so they are only a little special compared to other races, they are not guaranteed to win a fight with a skilled soldier of men, they die just as easy as anyone else.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  5. #7965
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Yes, they are. Elves are more akin to the Ainur than to Men.
    Tolkien says men and elves are so alike they didnt seem much different.

    You say they are so different elves are more like another race.

    Who to trust??!??! /s

  6. #7966
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Okay then if we throw out 6 (the "real" lowest rating) and 10's it still show's that 11.1% loved it (9). 14.1% thought it was average (8). 9.8% though it was not a good show. It still shows that people liked it based on the ratings on IMDB.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not all elves are of equal skill levels though. Doesn't Legolas also state that Aragorn and Boromir are stronger but he is lighter and quicker? Tolkien never really made absolute statements of skill for entire races. So in a 1v1 an elf might not always win. The time the fight took place would matter as well. As elves were growing weaker while men were growing stronger in comparison.
    Lol you can't throw out up to 6 because a lot of people do believe it is unwatchable trash. You want to throw out more than 1 and 10 you throw out 2 and 9 and anything 6 and below would mean unlikeable 7 mediocre 8 good.

  7. #7967
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Lol you can't throw out up to 6 because a lot of people do believe it is unwatchable trash. You want to throw out more than 1 and 10 you throw out 2 and 9 and anything 6 and below would mean unlikeable 7 mediocre 8 good.
    So in other words you'll keep redefining the ratings until it fits the narrative you want.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #7968
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So in other words you'll keep redefining the ratings until it fits the narrative you want.
    One of us literally does market research as part of their job and knows how people in general especially Americans rate things on both 10 and 5 point scales. It isn't you.

  9. #7969
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    One of us literally does market research as part of their job and knows how people in general especially Americans rate things on both 10 and 5 point scales. It isn't you.
    So? You are allowing for only 1 good rating, 1 mediocre, and 4 utter trash ratings. It doesn't matter if you know Americans or market research better. What matters is you are only allowing for a scale that fits your narrative. Majority of the IMDB ratings come from non-US users (226,090 of 290,238). Non-US only differs by 0.2 at 6.9 overall rating.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-11-26 at 01:17 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #7970
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,459
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    In a normal world maybe but not when it involves fantasty with characters with immense power, revenge is not logical or supposed to make sense, it wouldnt matter if her brother is alive or dead, she knows he did die in battle so it doesnt matter what you think just because you have knowledge the characters wouldnt have.
    You are basically saying Galadriel a spoiled brat with brain damage

    Truly a good protagonist to head the show

  11. #7971
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    you have nothing to back you up claiming elves should be able to easily deal with many such enemies.
    Except I do.

    Galadriel does exactly this. Do you know if she's ever encountered a Snow Troll before? Has she been this far north? Whatever the case, she literally one shots the thing.

    And none of her troops were able to land a single strike on the thing otherwise. So yeah, with that huge of a gap between her skill and theirs, why would I assume they would ever be useful in a fight against a real big threat like Sauron?

  12. #7972
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    You are basically saying Galadriel a spoiled brat with brain damage

    Truly a good protagonist to head the show
    You dont understand the basics of revenge it seems, all galadriel knows is her brother died and she wanted revenge, its pretty simple to understand, revenge plots are not supposed to always make sense, revenge plots also include the character actually wanting to be killed which would end all suffering.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Except I do.

    Galadriel does exactly this. Do you know if she's ever encountered a Snow Troll before? Has she been this far north? Whatever the case, she literally one shots the thing.

    And none of her troops were able to land a single strike on the thing otherwise. So yeah, with that huge of a gap between her skill and theirs, why would I assume they would ever be useful in a fight against a real big threat like Sauron?
    Galadriel is a commander of an army if she didnt have battle exp she wouldnt be in that role, some of the soldiers with her may of never fought a battle ever, she is also one of the elves superior to most others. Sauron may be weaker in his current form, plus the mission they are on is not to actually kill sauron its a scouting mission, galadriel is the only one that wants to kill him, it seems you dont even think about basic things that are pretty easy to understand.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #7973
    Revenge is for children. Not for someone who is thousands of years old.
    The unconvincing arguments here make me glad I never bothered to waste my time on this disastrous show.

  14. #7974
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You dont understand the basics of revenge it seems, all galadriel knows is her brother died and she wanted revenge, its pretty simple to understand, revenge plots are not supposed to always make sense, revenge plots also include the character actually wanting to be killed which would end all suffering.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Galadriel is a commander of an army if she didnt have battle exp she wouldnt be in that role, some of the soldiers with her may of never fought a battle ever, she is also one of the elves superior to most others. Sauron may be weaker in his current form, plus the mission they are on is not to actually kill sauron its a scouting mission, galadriel is the only one that wants to kill him, it seems you dont even think about basic things that are pretty easy to understand.
    Or the opposite. You overthink it to explain stuff that was never explained and doesn't make cohesive sense in the narrative.

    If things have to be assumed at this level, then the show has done a shit job conveying information that one has yo make assumptions on like Galadriel leading troops that have zero battle experience on a mission to eradicate evil from the far corners of the world.

    If she isn't leading competent soldiers, then what kind of commander is she? Why is a commander of the armies of the north leading a band of inexperienced fighters? Like, NONE of them landed a single blow on the troll, you realize this yes?

    If the show at least showed the Elves being capable of firing some shots that at least wounded the thing, it would be perfectly fine and believable that they are capable, just not skilled enough to take it down without help. How the show presents the fight? No one touched the troll at all. You realize this, yes?

  15. #7975
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Revenge is for children. Not for someone who is thousands of years old.
    The unconvincing arguments here make me glad I never bothered to waste my time on this disastrous show.
    It's kinda funny that a lot of the "explanations" to defend problems doesn't make it better.. .and in some cases even worse.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

  16. #7976
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    6,426
    too tall to be a gnome!

  17. #7977
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Revenge is for children. Not for someone who is thousands of years old.
    The unconvincing arguments here make me glad I never bothered to waste my time on this disastrous show.
    Isn't the Oath of Feanor an act of vengeance? That is just revenge in a different form. Illuvatar takes revenge on Numenor and makes the world round in the process. It is clear that age has nothing to do with revenge in Tolkiens world and that he employed it whenever he felt like it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    Does anything about this image scream "Galadriel"? A short blonde woman in a red dress. Looks like Little Red Riding Hood to me.
    Really? You can't find enough faults with the actual show that you have to bring up non-show fashion?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #7978
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,459
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You dont understand the basics of revenge it seems, all galadriel knows is her brother died and she wanted revenge, its pretty simple to understand, revenge plots are not supposed to always make sense, revenge plots also include the character actually wanting to be killed which would end all suffering.
    You don't get revenge for someone who is alive, unless you are dumb

    yes, revenge plots are supposed to make sense, only in this dumb show they do not, because barely anything here make sense

    Yeah, she wanted to be killed, thtas why she jumped to certain death in the ocean, she is retarded

    "Her suffering" is pointless, her brother is alive, she had 2 other brothers who died and a husband that is missing and she give two fucks about then, its bad plot, bad reasons

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Really? You can't find enough faults with the actual show that you have to bring up non-show fashion?
    The show bad casting is valid fault

    The actress is beautiful but she, like 90% of the casting, does not fit the character. ~~flashbacks to old fart Celebrimbor~~

  19. #7979
    The Unstoppable Force rhorle's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The show bad casting is valid fault
    The actress being dressed in a red dress and looking like little red riding hood is not a casting criticism. It has nothing to do with the show or the decision to cast her on the show. Just because you all dislike the show doesn't mean you to start finding stupid stuff to keep fueling that dislike.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #7980
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,729
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    This is a picture taken directly from the Rings of Power webpage of Clark in character as Galadriel. It’s very prominent on the page. It’s not “non show”. It’s supposed to be a depiction of Galadriel.
    These are pictures OF THE ACTORS, showcasing THE ACTORS, they are NOT meant to be "canon depiction of the characters".



    Really, some people must be dumb if they really think these are supposed to be character shots lol.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-11-26 at 05:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •