Amazon is going for God of War next. Same showrunner as Wheel of Time.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/god...on-1235460972/

Maybe the involvement of Santa Monica, Sony and Playstation might be the saving grace?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Amazon is going for God of War next. Same showrunner as Wheel of Time.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/god...on-1235460972/

Maybe the involvement of Santa Monica, Sony and Playstation might be the saving grace?
    Holy shit, this have colossal chances of being a fucking disaster.

How can you get someone who do wheel of time to do another show is beyond, me, why are they going for this, and why do the 2018 game and not the first one?

Like, they are the guys who axed Conan series because it was "too manly", how can they do something with Kratos, let alone in a game about patriarchy, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Holy shit, this have colossal chances of being a fucking disaster.

How can you get someone who do wheel of time to do another show is beyond, me, why are they going for this, and why do the 2018 game and not the first one?

Like, they are the guys who axed Conan series because it was "too manly", how can they do something with Kratos, let alone in a game about patriarchy, lmao
    Kratos can be a woman, or a man that identifies as a woman. He can be a "complicated" character. OR they can tone down his masculinity. He can have a different skin color to. His son can instead be a daugther that has a much bigger role. I mean, the options are really endless.

That was just to "put it on the spot", but you know what I mean. Changes will be made.

I have literally zero faith in someone that made LOTR & WoT. Maybe below zero.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    He can have a different skin color to.
    Personally, I have zero objections to just have Christopher Judge play Kratos in a TV series

With the spelling changed to Krato'c, because indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Personally, I have zero objections to just have Christopher Judge play Kratos in a TV series

Only issue with Judge is he is getting a bit older, which I suppose is fine they are starting with the later God of War, but if they want to start fresh he is what almost 60? Is 60?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Only issue with Judge is he is getting a bit older, which I suppose is fine they are starting with the later God of War, but if they want to start fresh he is what almost 60? Is 60?

Not that old. Only 3 years on other action people, like idk Vin Diesel or Jason Statham. 2 years younger than Tom Cruise.

60 doesn't mean much anymore.

Not that old. Only 3 years on other action people, like idk Vin Diesel or Jason Statham. 2 years younger than Tom Cruise.

60 doesn't mean much anymore.
    Thing is they are starting it now, so by the time of the first season he will be 59, 60. With how shows have been taking 2 years for the sub services to produce 3-4 seasons in he will be closing in on 70, could be rough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kratos can be a woman, or a man that identifies as a woman. He can be a "complicated" character. OR they can tone down his masculinity. He can have a different skin color to. His son can instead be a daugther that has a much bigger role. I mean, the options are really endless.

That was just to "put it on the spot", but you know what I mean. Changes will be made.

I have literally zero faith in someone that made LOTR & WoT. Maybe below zero.
    Don't know why were talking about Got in this thread but what ever

toning down is masculinity is pretty much the whole point of god of war 2018, trying to teach his son to not be the masculine image of the Spartans. Changing his skin color would also be a fine idea given that he was originally intended to be black and the whole ashes thing should over ride that any way. even giving him a daughter instead for a time is a good idea to build the contrast of his first child and his second.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

toning down is masculinity is pretty much the whole point of god of war 2018, trying to teach his son to not be the masculine image of the Spartans. Changing his skin color would also be a fine idea given that he was originally intended to be black and the whole ashes thing should over ride that any way. even giving him a daughter instead for a time is a good idea to build the contrast of his first child and his second.
    Everything you said would be bad and wrong in many levels.

The game didn't "tone down" his masculinity, it removed his aggressive and homicide behaviour, you can argue those are "masculinity traits, but isn't. They can't change his skin color, him being bone white is crucial to the character, if you said his original skin color should change, it should not either. And giving daughter would completely remove a big chunk of meaning of the game and would actually ruin the contrast, because it would not be a contrast anymore since he had a daughter previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

See, everything is up for grabs.

I would highly recommend everyone who is a fan of the GoW series to not expect anything from this show. Especially dont think it will hold true to the games setup & story.

btw, I have never understood why we gotta take something that is creative & already made(like GoT & lotr) and change it up SO much and shoehorn it into a small box with checklists.

How about.. You know, create something new? Why take GoW and change it up alot(lets pretend they do) in the first place? Why even pick it up and make a tv show out of it?

Why not create a new show? With new characters. With theyre own story, with theyre own backgrounds and all that.

It would be way more genuine if they actually did that instead of taking something established and twist it into theyre own image.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, I dont mind at all. If it works, it works.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just to keep up with the topic, im hearing people talking bout this year awards for audience choices, seems like Rings of power didn't got shit, and seems like it looks worse for critics choice awards

with bit of salt, since i don't follow this stuff

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Was house-sitting this weekend and binged the series on someone else's Prime account. What an absolute pile of shit. The pacing was awful, the characters mostly unlikeable and the "writing" was beyond embarrassing. This has to be a money laundering exercise; surely no one would intentionally let this sort of crap out in the wild and worse still, market it.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://press.amazonstudios.com/us/e...e-rings-of-p-6

The show has a new lead director. Charlotte Brandstorm is replacing Wayne Che Yip. She did episdoe 6 and 7 in Season 1 and will be doing 4 episodes in season 2. She is the only director to be kept from Season 1 as Amazon has hired two new ones for a total of 3 directors for season 2(same as season 1 had).

- - - Updated - - -

Just to keep up with the topic, im hearing people talking bout this year awards for audience choices, seems like Rings of power didn't got shit, and seems like it looks worse for critics choice awards
    Do you have a link for audience choice awards information? All I've seen is a single nomination for the 2023 Critics choice but nothing about any other award show/ceremonies.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

with bit of salt, since i don't follow this stuff
    Doesn't surprise me. They are axing people after all.
    Only one left after season 1. Charlotte did episode 6-7 which was a huge battle and the aftermath. Frankly the best episodes, though little happened due to battle and even that one has problems. But it also contains Galadriels character growth... problem is that the other didn't get the memo that she should have some sort of growth so it felt out of place.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

The show has a new lead director. Charlotte Brandstorm is replacing Wayne Che Yip. She did episdoe 6 and 7 in Season 1 and will be doing 4 episodes in season 2. She is the only director to be kept from Season 1 as Amazon has hired two new ones for a total of 3 directors for season 2(same as season 1 had).
    "Yes, our ship is doing very well, thank you. No reason for concern. Oh, btw, we fired the captain and promoted the helmsman to his position, and we also let go all the other senior officers. We're doing great. Now, where is this... England?"

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

All female staff now so you know they're going to double down on all the messages that made the first season so 'great'...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    All female staff now so you know they're going to double down on all the messages that made the first season so 'great'...
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post something stupid about the directors being all female.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

The game didn't "tone down" his masculinity, it removed his aggressive and homicide behaviour, you can argue those are "masculinity traits, but isn't. They can't change his skin color, him being bone white is crucial to the character, if you said his original skin color should change, it should not either. And giving daughter would completely remove a big chunk of meaning of the game and would actually ruin the contrast, because it would not be a contrast anymore since he had a daughter previously.

Kratos’s masculine traits doesn’t stop at aggression or homicide behaviour pre 2018. He sleeps with any woman he gets the chance, can’t deal or find support for his poor mental health, and cant only express him self in any way other then violence and doesn't know how to be a good father due to his Spartan up brining.

Kratos is a progress from pretty much every toxic part of masculinity to a lot of positive parts though with some issues hanging on.

And as I said the ashes override the original skin colour but even if they didn’t Kratos was originally suppose to be black and had a model based off his Vo before they scarped it. And while he might not be black in the game he surly isn’t a white dude.

And if there only adapting the 2018 game there would be no screen time of said daughter that’s why it would be good to show her for a time and his pre Spartan life and both 2018 and ragnarok give you nothing on her other then a throw away comment to Frye and you can’t build a contrast between his children if you only ever see one on screen.

- - - Updated - - -

See, everything is up for grabs.

I would highly recommend everyone who is a fan of the GoW series to not expect anything from this show. Especially dont think it will hold true to the games setup & story.
    If your a fan of the series you shouldn’t have expected any thing once they said it was going to be based off 2018.

What they should do is mixed in Gow1 ghost of Sparta and ascension into one to start with so you can get kratos full backstory with his brother and every thing before going into a shorter god of war 2-3 with chains of Olympus mixed in so you can see kratos have to give up Calliope which would make every thing with atreus hit much harder.

But if they are gonna ignore all of that and just do 2018 they should still give some time to Calliope before Atreus and changing his skin colour pre ashes really isn’t gonna matter at all.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-12-15 at 02:26 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    I'm curious what this means about wheel of time... Rafe can't showrun two different shows, can he?

It's mystifying - if they thought he did a good job (he didn't), why switch him to another show? If they thought he did a bad job (he did, an epically bad one), why give him another show?
    Its only your opinion that someone has done a bad job, its not an actual fact since the proof doesnt add up in both WoT and RoP, both shows are rated high so the proof is actually both shows done more than good enough, come back to reality once in a while.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Or it could be that it's terrible writing by bad writers
    Basically this.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the right solution.