YouTube comment section Is wonderful

Amazon is probably happy YouTube stopped displaying dislike numbers.

Currently it's at 3.3 million views and only 37k likes.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-02-14 at 07:14 AM.

Dwarf women with no facial hair what so ever and a fucking elf with a buzzcut.... Really? I guess elf have magic to trim hair like modern razor and not just blades like everyone else. People didnt have faded buzzcut, because electric clippers arent a fucking thing in medieval time, fantasy or not. People cut their fucking hair with blades. Theres no electric grooming.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m also bothered by the Dwarf Queen. Again, not because of the color of her skin—I don’t care about their skin color history—I just think she looks way too pretty to be a dwarf. We didn’t need to have a sexy dwarf just because sex sells.
    if i was the casting guy i would have got men to play the female dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Amazon is probably happy YouTube stopped displaying dislike numbers.

That's because YouTube both update likes and views at a strange rate.

Only here on MMO-champ with all you crying kids (some of you in adult bodies) with your bigotry and hate seems to dislike this.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    You can use this chrome extension to see the dislikes. Currently sitting at 9k dislikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post

Only here on MMO-champ with all you crying kids (some of you in adult bodies) with your bigotry and hate seems to dislike this.
    Customer: "A cup of coffee please, black"

Waiter: "Here you go, enjoy!"

Customer: "What the hell? This coffee isn't black, it has nuts sprinkled on top"

Askyl: "Who complains about free nuts? Stop crying you bigot!"

There is an Established world, I didn't see a single comment in here saying black people should not be in the series, every comment is about why we can't have the people that are actually supposed to be black, be black, instead of people that aren't supposed to be. I see plenty of you guys crying racist though, even when all the people are very supportive of black actors as long as we follow established lore.
    Last edited by Sialina; 2022-02-14 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post

only here? did you check the comments on youtube?

7+ Year Old Account
    Diversity in media is not a problem at all.
    But when you change Source material and events, and characters to fit your agenda that just means you dont give a shit about what was there in the first place.
    These people are too lazy to write their own plot and instead they vandalize the work of one of the most celebrated authors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care about skin color but the casting just seem off. All characters look like they came straight out of the shower

I can only agree that it really does look like generic clean (literally! Why is everyone so clean and model like???) fantasy 101 and elves simply are cosplayers, especially Galadriel. At this budget? Jesus...

P.S.
    That comment section, oh boy At least it is funny in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    To me, if they do this they had better commit to it. Dont let it be token. They are exploring, till this point, unexplored parts of middle earth. Dont make it the Princess who just happens to be black when no one else is. Have her whole ass kingdom of dwarves be black. Give them an identity. Dont make it that "Oh it just happens that one in every hundred dwarf births are black".
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Making an entire tribe/clan of dwarves, or at least majority, being black/brown-skinned would be a good thing to do
    This, do this. Don't sprinkle random black/asian people in and call it a day, make it believable.

So for someone who never read the books and only watched the movies.
    The dark elfs are basically made by a different maya than the normal elfs and something happens/ they already leave for the eternal island before the hobbit plays time wise ?

or are they completly new and just a copy from dark elfs / drow from dnd added by amazon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    Diversity in media is not a problem at all.
    But when you change Source material and events, and characters to fit your agenda that just means you dont give a shit about what was there in the first place.
    These people are too lazy to write their own plot and instead they vandalize the work of one of the most celebrated authors.
    Tale as old as time - see Robin Hood, King Arthur and the pantheon descending from the proto-Indoeuropean gods.

Heck, see Tolkien and the way he "vandalised" Germanic myths and legends.

Honestly I think he'd be fucking stoked to learn the stories he wrote for his made-up language had reached a point where future societies are adapting them to fit their sensibilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    The dark elfs are basically made by a different maya than the normal elfs and something happens/ they already leave for the eternal island before the hobbit plays time wise ?

or are they completly new and just a copy from dark elfs / drow from dnd added by amazon ?
    All the elves are made by Illuvatar. The High Elves (eldar) went to dwell in Valinor and the Dark Elves (Moriqiendi) are those who stayed behind. There are also grey elves (Sindar) who set off on the journey to Valinor but settled in lands on the way to the coast.
    Last edited by Dhrizzle; 2022-02-14 at 10:00 AM.

It keeps amazing me how all these massive budget productions manage to look visually so cheap outside of some sweeping exterior shots.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It keeps amazing me how all these massive budget productions manage to look visually so cheap outside of some sweeping exterior shots.
    It really doesn't look much better quality than Inhumans but at least we knew that was a Marvel side-project ABC were pumping out on a low budget. Also some of the CGI looked like video-game cut-scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m just seeing the same quote over and over, mostly in Russian…
    Must be those damn Russian bots I keep hearing about.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post

The Dark Elves don't refer to skin colour in Tolkien's writings. There are no dark skinned elves. Dark Elves are just the elves that never travelled to Valinor and never saw the light of the Two Trees. There is no real physical difference between any of the types of elves.

So the black skinned elves (and dwarves and hobbits) in the TV show are completely made up and we will probably never get told why either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Tale as old as time - see Robin Hood, King Arthur and the pantheon descending from the proto-Indoeuropean gods.

Heck, see Tolkien and the way he "vandalised" Germanic myths and legends.

Honestly I think he'd be fucking stoked to learn the stories he wrote for his made-up language had reached a point where future societies are adapting them to fit their sensibilities.
    The difference is that when Tolkien wanted to give a spin on established stories or characters like Macbeth, he didn't "rewrite" Macbeth but created his own secondary world with its own characters and then alluded to these stories and myths that inspired him.

Tolkien - a conservative Catholic who hated the Americanization of the world, consumerism, modernity, modernism and the ideas associated with it - who spent his life studying ancient and medieval literature and language and who wrote his books as an escape from the modern world to a pre-modern secondary world, in which the signifier still represents the signified, would surely be overjoyed to see his work bastardized for modern sensibilities.
    Fantastic take.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

The prime video comment section of the trailer on youtube is looking exactly as it should. Youtube removing dislike counter only made people showing it in the comment section