10+ Year Old Account
    Bild is lying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Universalgirl View Post
    Here is a article in English

https://rmx.news/article/german-gree...incorrectness/

I don’t know what’s the problem?

This is happening and will be active 2023 in a German „State“.

Why the other person trying to protect it or claims it only apply for comments against the law idk.

The bottom line and the truth

I could report you just by saying

I dont like black elves in rings of power

Such case would be

Analysed
    Archived
    And who knows what else

It has nothing to do with checking if a „opinion“ or a „sentence“ can be persecuted.

That’s the job of the police and the prosecutors.
    Wait wtf is wrong with dark skin elves? There's man tribes, race, whatever they call them in LOTR of elves. AFAIK nothing says elves can't have dark skin, there just hasn't been any mention of it. Not like the lore is closed and liberties can be made, Peter Jackson had creative liberties...quite a bit.

Really curious why that matters and so offensive to you.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Wait wtf is wrong with dark skin elves? There's man tribes, race, whatever they call them in LOTR of elves. AFAIK nothing says elves can't have dark skin, there just hasn't been any mention of it. Not like the lore is closed and liberties can be made, Peter Jackson had creative liberties...quite a bit.

He wrote a 1/10 review on IMDB saying Tolkien doesn't like dark skin and it got removed.

I think the issue is that they inserted dark skin elves in a people which is not known for its dark skin. In a setting known for its quite isolationist population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    I think the issue is that they inserted dark skin elves in a people which is not known for its dark skin. In a setting known for its quite isolationist population.
    Why does being isolationist matter? There's many kinds of elves. How do we know none of them had dark skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Well there was the War of Wrath where all the free peoples were summoned to fight Morgoth, then Beleriand was destroyed so there'd be subsequent migrations of displaced people, the Noldor had been mingling with Sindarin Elves since the First Age and of course Arondir is a soldier posted far from home so there has not been a lot of isolationism in his life. Not that it matters though, I dont think his skin colour signifies much more than the colour of his skin. Possibly a rarity (like red-headed elf children) but not important.

So IMDB deletes every single written review below a 6 and you think it was because every single one of those were racist reviews? Interesting, tell me more about that !
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can tell they spent all their money on sets, costumes and vfx, I love the show but wish the pacing was better, there's some weird filler and bad acting here and there but which TVseries doesn't have that these days...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Why does being isolationist matter? There's many kinds of elves. How do we know none of them had dark skin?
    Because isolationist population tend to be of the same skin color, if they were not mixed beforehand

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Excuse me, but what? She is nothing even remotely close to Galadriel mate, might want to brush up a bit. The lore is pretty heavily butchered. The dialogue is rough in my opinion, and it certainly doesn't feel like the OG trilogy. The costumes feel very off to me, the visuals lack the tangibility of real scenes that they had back then, and lord the elf ears are bad.
    They also try very hard to be profound but it becomes pretty obvious that the writers have zero life experience nor the linguistic fortitude that Tolkien had to ever create profound dialogue. The writing overall is very stilted and so the acting suffers because of it. Sure, the CGI is nice, but that is the only thing it has going for it. The costumes look mediocre and the armor looks fake as hell. Makes me wonder where all the money in the budget went if it didn't go to paying off critics for positive reviews of mediocrity.

I utterly disrespect forced diversity or indoctrination.

Amazon is pushing a ideology.

Amazon Inclusion Policy

Higher roles on productions like directors, writers, and producers under Amazon Studios will need to meet a minimum of 30 percent of women and people within a marginalized racial or ethnic group. That number will rise to 50 percent by 2024. Casting an actor must match the identity of the character they will be playing.

You hire now by race,ethnic group, and sexual identity.

Amazon is also deciding now wich Review is good or bad faith

Bet their Review Team has also a quota of

90% 10/10(supporting ideology)
    5% 2-9/10(doesn’t care or mention ideology)
    5% 1/10 (against their ideology)
    Last edited by Universalgirl; 2022-09-03 at 04:03 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    imagine giving a shit about reviews from random cunts on the internet
    Imagine giving a shit about reviews from people who are paid to give their opinion. There's zero incentive for them to be truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They also try very hard to be profound but it becomes pretty obvious that the writers have zero life experience nor the linguistic fortitude that Tolkien had to ever create profound dialogue. The writing overall is very stilted and so the acting suffers because of it. Sure, the CGI is nice, but that is the only thing it has going for it. The costumes look mediocre and the armor looks fake as hell. Makes me wonder where all the money in the budget went if it didn't go to paying off critics for positive reviews of mediocrity.
    The intro dialogue with the rock and the boat and what's up and down... oh boy.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

If you really need someone's opinion to know if a show/movie will appeal to you do this:

1) Find someone who likes the things you normally like. If they have good things to say about something you think is going to suck, give it a try.

2) Find someone else who will normally praise things you dislike. If they sound unsure or worse about something, avoid it.

Hearing the EFAP crew say they are cautiously optimistic about House of the Dragon? I'm giving it a shot even though I thought it was going to suck.

Hearing Grace Randolph say Rings of Power sucked. That sure says a lot after the check they no doubt gave her.

Amazon Inclusion Policy

Higher roles on productions like directors, writers, and producers under Amazon Studios will need to meet a minimum of 30 percent of women and people within a marginalized racial or ethnic group. That number will rise to 50 percent by 2024. Casting an actor must match the identity of the character they will be playing.

Amazon is also deciding now wich Review is good or bad faith

Bet their Review Team has also a quota of

90% 10/10(supporting ideology)
    5% 2-9/10(doesn’t care or mention ideology)
    5% 1/10 (against their ideology)
    racist or maybe bigot. at the least: triggered by diversity

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I think they made an obvious reference with the way he was "talking" to the fireflies. But I think what happened in that scene is a pretty good indication that it's not going to be him.
    It has to be a Maiar. And if not him, then it has to be a new character, as it can't be anyone from the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a made up universe where dark skin elves are not excluded, they just never came up in the lore. No such thing as "forced diversity" in that since, that statement is illogical. And if it really bothers you, just pretend the lore show and movies exist in a universe parallel to the books - since the movies aren't 1:1 adaptions anyway.

Literally trying prove a point that doesn't exist. Not touching the stuff beyond the scope of the show, not sure why any of that applies to Middle-Earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    nonsense
    Just let me look.
    Wait a minute.
    Almost done.
    Let me see if I can find it.
    Something to give you.
    Found it!

Oh, wait. I don't give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Just let me look.
    Wait a minute.
    Almost done.
    Let me see if I can find it.
    Something to give you.
    Found it!

Oh, wait. I don't give a fuck.
    Go cry you in your pillows.

I dont care about woke fanaticism and their supporters (ignore list hello)

Amazon Inclusion Policy

That isn't true, the policy you are quoting specifies that the first thing to consider is skill set.