Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    You are the one talking about prejudice here, you said it yourself, it took thousands of years slowly migrating north, a gradient over the continent. Which is why if you landed at any one place, the people there would be homogenous. You are making my point, not the opposite.
    Nope. That’s not what I said, and the reality was quite the opposite. Humans lived in the European continent for thousands of years before the genetic mutation that contributes to European white skin existed, and it took thousands of years of European peoples traveling and mixing for that genetic mutation to become so widespread (yes, light skinned and dark skinned Europeans interacting together). They didn’t just become more and more pale as a gradient moving north. That’s not how skin works.

And again, you missed the most important point which was that without the exact pattern of migration, mutation, and evolution, there’s no stipulation for a fantasy world to adhere to ours. Especially not to such a modern perspective of ethnic segregation like the one you’re espousing. If different eye and hair color exists and is accepted without thought, then different skin color can as well.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2022-09-04 at 02:33 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Go read some reviews about the Matrix, there isn't anyone talking about forced diversity there, because in that universe it makes perfect sense, and it's one of the most popular movies ever, please explain that to me, how come everyone is ok with it when it makes sense, but people are not okay with it when it doesn't make sense? If they wanted to make entire villages of darker skinned people, or continents, it would make so much more sense than what they did.
    Other then Mabye hobbits the darker members of each race don’t break common sense at all.

If the god of LoTR just made the races fully formed with various Colours it could take many generations to fully eliminate any colour, something you wouldn’t see in the elfs given that they are immortal, and something you likely wouldn’t see in the dwarfs as they are also longer lived and seemingly breed slowly. The human town is also all people related to humans who joined Morgoth which could easily be any number of different races and cultures of middle earth jammed together at Morgoths fall which could take hundreds of years to end up a single skin tone.

The only real way for it to break common sense would be to say that god just can’t/won’t make blacks elf's or dwarfs.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Nope. That’s not what I said, and the reality was quite the opposite. Humans lived in the European continent for thousands of years before the genetic mutation that contributes to European white skin existed, and it took thousands of years of European peoples traveling and mixing for that genetic mutation to become so widespread (yes, light skinned and dark skinned Europeans interacting together). They didn’t just become more and more pale as a gradient moving north. That’s not how skin works.

And again, you missed the most important point which was that without the exact pattern of migration, mutation, and evolution, there’s no stipulation for a fantasy world to adhere to ours. Especially not to such a modern perspective of ethnic segregation like the one you’re espousing.
    I'm espousing ethnic segregation? How about you never talk to me again? My husband is not the same ethnicity as me. Stop your disgusting mansplaining, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Other then Mabye hobbits the darker members of each race don’t break common sense at all.

If the god of LoTR just made the races fully formed with various Colours it could take many generations to fully eliminate any colour, something you wouldn’t see in the elfs given that they are immortal, and something you likely wouldn’t see in the dwarfs as they are also longer lived and seemingly breed slowly. The human town is also all people related to humans who joined Morgoth which could easily be any number of different races and cultures of middle earth jammed together at Morgoths fall which could take hundreds of years to end up a single skin tone.

The only real way for it to break common sense would be to say that god just can’t/won’t make blacks elf's or dwarfs.
    That would be perfectly fine, but elves were all created fair skinned and starbound, the dwarves could potentially be read to have more variation, but again it would be more interesting and cooler to simply have a grouping of darker dwarves, with their own distinct culture, architecture and quirks. If they took the time to set them up properly, it could be very cool! Most people are not opposed to differing skintones, they think it's strange that out of 2000 dwarves living rather isolated under ground for generations, that they would be different skin colors from each other.

Infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2022-09-04 at 03:14 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That would be perfectly fine, but elves were all created fair skinned and starbound, the dwarves could potentially be read to have more variation, but again it would be more interesting and cooler to simply have a grouping of darker dwarves, with their own distinct culture, architecture and quirks. If they took the time to set them up properly, it could be very cool! Most people are not opposed to differing skintones, they think it's strange that out of 2000 dwarves living rather isolated under ground for generations, that they would be different skin colors from each other.
    Sure the elf's created that way when Tolkien wrote the books, but them being created that way doesn't actually add any thing at all to there concepts nothing changes if you just have god make them varied in skin tone and even if you applied real world evaluation them being varied skin tones wouldn't ever change with how elfs work.

and of course it just doesn't apply to humans/dwarfs at all given the dwarf's lack of skin tone given and the humans (of the show) being a more or less set up ghetto of unknow cultures.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    We have 2 shows that have popped up recently to compare. LOTR and House of the Dragon. Both have had diversity injected into them where it wasn't. LOTR is getting a ton of flack for this, and House of the Dragon isn't.

So what is the difference? Why doesn't House of the Dragon have nearly 200 pages discussing why HBO is doing with black Valyerians (sp)? I'm sure a few people have mentioned it, but nearly all of the discussion I've seen of that show is "wow so much better than I could have hoped for.... please don't screw it up like S8"
    I can tell you as the moderator of this subforum, when the first stills came out of House of the Dragon and there were black people in it, there was certainly a whole bunch of furor from posters just like you.

It was all based on nothing, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    - Of course they did travel, the show did just cut the boring stuff out because nothing happened during their travels. Keep in mind Middle-Earth is free of Morgoth and Sauron right now and Orcs, Goblins and Dragons aren't everywhere.
    - Elrond did tell Celebrimbor that they would met again in their elven city. Celebrimbor just went home again.
    - I would have done the same as Galadriel in that moment tbh.
    - I also hope it's a blue wizard.

For your last point, it's 99% mithril. They already showed it in the trailers and it makes sense as they need it to craft the front door we saw in FotR. Also mithril was the reason they awoke the Balrog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonic-inessa View Post
    People ask „why does it matter“.

Why it’s important?

Well seems like it’s important for People. You can’t tell me if Racial and Culture conflict isn’t a thing since Humanity exists.

Forced Diversity is a failed attempt to tamper with nature.

Put a Muslim with a White Christian and a Black Person + Asian in a box.

What you will see is that those groups will naturally oppose each other.

Their culture
    Their thinking

It’s simply not compatible.

Why is this so hard to accept?

It’s a simple truth. When no, explain why people since beginning of humanity had allways racial and cultural wars and brawls.

It’s simply not natural.

And when it doesn’t would matter

Why everyone everywhere is talking only about this?

Grow up and accept a simple truth that skin color and ethnicity matters and you cant force them to accept each other
    So you made another account just to keep spouting your racist bigoted bullshit. Just imagine how failed an existence you have to be to expend the effort. Jesus I feel sad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    If there is variety in hair and eye color then variation in skin color is perfectly reasonable. It’s all the same thing at it’s core. Being so fixated in skin color as a differentiating factor says a lot more about your narrow world view than about the fantasy world itself.
    Yeah, not really. It just shows your ignorance how this all works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Today I learned that non-white people existing in a fictional setting is as fantastical as surviving a superhero action stunt. The lengths people go to to justify their bullshit is breathtaking.
    Theb you have learn nothing as it was not what was said. The length you go to misrepresent what you read is breathtaking.

Was so hyped for this series but once i saw the bad imdb ratings i wont even give it a chance. I wont watch anything below 8.5 rating.

this blatantly racist Demonic-inessa is what i see when i read any of you other posters talk about this shit. They just don't try and dress it up like the rest of you racist pigs.

For your last point, it's 99% mithril. They already showed it in the trailers and it makes sense as they need it to craft the front door we saw in FotR. Also mithril was the reason they awoke the Balrog.
    They way they were talking, the fact that they were intentionally hiding it from the elves, and the way it was glowing...it's probably going to be a Silmaril. They may have awoken the balrog with their mining, but I'm not sure if that metal alone is enough to justify their shady behavior. /shrug

7+ Year Old Account
    They way they were talking, the fact that they were intentionally hiding it from the elves, and the way it was glowing...it's probably going to be a Silmaril. They may have awoken the balrog with their mining, but I'm not sure if that metal alone is enough to justify their shady behavior. /shrug
    But that's their whole story in the books - they found mithril, they got too greedy, they mined too deep, they got Durin's baned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So you made another account just to keep spouting your racist bigoted bullshit. Just imagine how failed an existence you have to be to expend the effort. Jesus I feel sad for you.
    No clue why you are quoting me here though? And yeah, just report that right wing troll.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

But that's their whole story in the books - they found mithril, they got too greedy, they mined too deep, they got Durin's baned.
    Yeah, I know. It being a Silmaril was just the first thing I thought of. It could very well turn out to just be mithril, though. That would definitely be a lot less contentious...both from a story standpoint, and from a fan perspective.

Mithril shined/glowed in the trailer, but I don't think it was that bright. Which is why I thought that wasn't what's in the box:

Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-09-04 at 07:46 AM.

I really hope it's not a silmaril.

It could be mithril as people have suggested - the glow is a bit odd, would mithril really do a Pulp Fiction glow in a box?

Also mithril was afaik discovered by Durin I, so it wouldn't be something new? But then again, at least one of the three elven rings (Nenya) was made of mithril. So mithril SHOULD figure into things somewhere, somehow. But the disturbance of the Balrog is a Third Age thing, not Second Age - Khazad-dûm was still very much a power all the way through the Second Age, though it did begin to decline towards the end. I doubt Durin's Bane would figure into this series, except perhaps somewhere towards the conclusion; that Durin was Durin VI after all, and we're dealing with Durin III and Durin IV.

If it IS a silmaril... then Eru help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by ArminVanburkek View Post
    Was so hyped for this series but once i saw the bad imdb ratings i wont even give it a chance. I wont watch anything below 8.5 rating.
    This series is currently being review-bombed by racists and russkies. Don't fall for this manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But the disturbance of the Balrog is a Third Age thing, not Second Age - Khazad-dûm was still very much a power all the way through the Second Age, though it did begin to decline towards the end. I doubt Durin's Bane would figure into this series, except perhaps somewhere towards the conclusion; that Durin was Durin VI after all, and we're dealing with Durin III and Durin IV.
    They specifically showed a Balrog in that earlier trailer. No idea if that's supposed to be the same one that ultimately destroyed Khazad-dum, or just a red herring (like the cultist chick herself that they implied was summoning it in the first place...which everyone immediately assumed was supposed to be Annatar).

Watched the first two episodes, honestly thought it was decent.

Is the "Stranger" Gandalf (was speaking to the bugs) or Sauron (the crater he was in looked like Sauron's Eye)?

Imdb removed all written reviews, below 6.

So according to you all below 6 is racist?
    Get a life and stop creating new just accounts to post this shit. Christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imdb removed all written reviews, below 6.

So according to you all below 6 is racist?
    This is not true. There are 6 scores still up

Personally I wont review the show until all the episodes of the first season are out so if I had it my way I'd just remove all the scores until the season finishes.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-09-04 at 08:12 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This is not true. There are 6 scores still up

Personally I wont review the show until all the seasons are out so if I had it my way I'd just remove all the scores until the season finsihes
    below 6 doesn't mean including 6. just fyi.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    below 6 doesn't mean including 6. just fyi.
    Well whatever the case I would be fine with them removing scores for 1 or 2... but for 3-5 is a bit sad, cos I would certainly rate the first episode a 5/10 myself, with the second being a 7/10. Also there could be some constructive reviews in the 4 - 5 rating areas. I wouldn't be against anyone rating the show so far a 4/10 so far.

I can image they are deleting them to allow the rage of people to calm down then open the gates over a certain amount of time so the outrage isn't as fresh or as many. sure some of the baiters will return to downvote, but it wont be as many so it will still create a more honest overall review instead of the kneejerk outrage.

this is why I rate by season and not by episode, I wont post my review until then. So this sort of thing serves me well enough
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-09-04 at 08:21 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance