Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Heroes of the Noldor have taken down Balrogs, Sauron's werewolf (barehanded) and one even held their ground against Morgoth long enough to wound him. It shouldn't be surprising that Galadriel, the greatest of the Noldor (save Fëanor, maybe,) would easily take down a troll.
    It's not an issue of taking down a troll it's numerous other issues. Wtf are 9 elves who had trouble with a troll going to do if they find Sauron. You also have the absolute stupidity of the springboard sword. There is a difference between taking down an enemy and taking them down in that way.

Like if those elves couldn't take down a single troll with 9 of them without her going super hero mode they are just going to instant die to Sauron.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's not in line with a narrative epic, where Heroes with a capital H exist. Tolkien's writing is FULL of this, all his stories have standout characters that are unbelievably more skilled and powerful than a rando commando.

To demand this would not just be completely un-Tolkien, it would also undermine most fantasy genre conventions in general.

Galadriel was one of the greatest elves EVER, arguably THE greatest given she's in direct contention with Fëanor who aside from being a genius craftsman of god-like skill or beyond was mostly a whiny PoS and yet is usually the one cited as being the greatest. Tolkien himself saw her as such, and planned to expand on that by making her even more badass, particularly in terms of her combat abilities (he details this in some of his letters).

To somehow suggest that the elves fighting with her should be of comparable level is seriously misunderstanding the way that Tolkien wrote his stories, particularly the ones from before the Third Age.
    And none of that has anything to do with what I said. The only reason we know about her being an Amazonian is from one of his letters. And in that he explains the sporting competitions that Elves have in their youth, where she stood out among the females. Which therefore means all Elves should be strong and athletic even if she is among the best of the females. Like I said, there is not any of that story line in this show and how athletic Elves are in general and what kind of skills the average Elf should have in general. So if Elves are strong and athletic in general, then all of those Elves should have been able to put up a fight against that Troll. It becomes a question of strength, abilities and skill in the group not simply her abilities by herself.

Nobody is saying Galadriel isn't a badass warrior - not her troops, not Gil-galad, not anyone. The problem isn't that she isn't a ridiculously skilled warrior, it's that she's nurturing a borderline destructive obsession. And they don't get "exiled" so much as they get rewarded. Somehow you seem to read this as an ironic reward, when it's actually quite the opposite for anyone but Galadriel - the highest honor you could hope for was to return to the Undying Lands, the Arda equivalent of paradise. Middle Earth is the exile. They get to END their exile. Gil-galad doesn't do this to spite Galadriel or get her out of the way, he genuinely wants her to find peace and happiness, because he can see what her seething grudge is doing to her.
    Again, her being a badass and admired for that as a warrior would mean they would follow her and respect her opinions. Generals and leaders are supposed to always be vigilant and that is why they are given the role. It is a contradiction to claim otherwise. Just like it is a contradiction to exile one of your best warrior and leader for infinity. Not to mention again, that she is shown being bullied from early on. So the only thing the show is telling me is that they don't respect her, regardless of her skills.

That's not how elves think. They're far more sophisticated than that. Emotional balance is just as important - which is precisely why Fëanor is so deeply flawed. He was blessed in basically every aspect, endowed with more talent and genius than any elf before or since, to the point where he rivaled or even surpassed the gods themselves. But he was also an arrogant dickwad who couldn't let go, and that plunged an entire people into millennia of conflict and bloodshed. The shadow of that kind of emotional flaw DESPITE otherwise exalted skill is precisely what echoes in Galadriel. She the mirror image of Fëanor in many ways, except she succeeds - eventually - in overcoming her character flaws. Culminating famously in the Lord of the Rings when she finally manages to reject power, and that's what allows her to return to Valinor at last.

That's just completely made up. Where does it say ANYTHING about all this being because she's female? When is that EVER made a topic?
    The show says it explicitly and it contradicts her being a warrior who is respected and badass.

She's ridiculously skilled but has serious character flaws, a literally legendary problem of the Noldor. Her being female has zero to do with it, and is never addressed or implied anywhere either in the show OR in the books.
    She was exiled for infinity yet you wrote a paragraph of how awesome she is supposed to be? Then why did they exile her? And how is that not obviously dumb for them to do? Why would they do that if they didn't not have confidence in her even when she found the proof of Saurons presence? So why would they exile her and how is it a character flaw if she was correct? Your point doesn't make any sense.

And since you mentioned the books, she is the most wisest and respected of the Noldor and never had to fight anybody for being bullied and her word alone was enough to get them to act. What this show is saying is in no way shape or form a reflection of that. It was on her word alone that the Elves began mobilizing to thwart any of Saurons potential advances in the second age. There was no back talk, second guessing, or being exiled to the undying lands in those books.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2022-09-06 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Which therefore means all Elves should be strong and athletic even if she is among the best of the females. Like I said, there is not any of that story line in this show and how athletic Elves are in general and what kind of skills the average Elf should have in general. So if Elves are strong and athletic in general, then all of those Elves should have been able to put up a fight against that Troll.
    That's seriously flawed reasoning, though. "All elves should be strong and athletic" is NOT the same as "all elves should be EQUALLY strong and athletic", which would have to be the case here for Galadriel not to stand out. But that goes counter to the idea of heroes in narrative epics, which are a big part of Tolkien's inspiration and reference material, and a stated template for his mythology.

You're asking why a band of starved, exhausted, frostbitten elves aren't shown to be just as strong as a driven, grudge-fueled, heroic warrior counted among the best of her entire race in all of their history. The answer is... that's how heroic epics work.

Again, her being a badass and admired for that as a warrior would mean they would follow her and respect her opinions.
    Why are you just ignoring the negatives? The followed her for centuries for those reasons; they decide to STOP following her for a DIFFERENT reason, namely that they think she's being irrational and obsessive because of her grudge and that puts them all (and herself) in danger. NOT because they suddenly stopped thinking she was a great warrior.

You can't just remove the main problem from your argument and then go "I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENS MAKES NO SENSE". It makes no sense to you because you chose to ignore the most important part.

So the only thing the show is telling me is that they don't respect her, regardless of her skills.
    The only thing YOU are telling us is that you think being a great leader is only about being a skilled warrior, and that deeply troubling character flaws somehow don't matter in how someone is regarded. Which means... you either don't understand this, or you're deliberately ignoring it to try and justify your negative reaction.

She was exiled for infinity yet you wrote a paragraph of how awesome she is supposed to be? Then why did they exile her?
    You seem to have completely missed my explanation of how this "exile" works; and/or are not familiar with the lore. THEY ALREADY ARE IN EXILE. Middle Earth is their exile. The Noldor rebelled and LEFT Aman. They refused a command by their gods. Going back to the Undying Lands is ENDING their exile, it's the greatest reward they could hope for. Galadriel refuses - and deep down she knows she isn't worthy, too. That's why she remains in Middle Earth for countless more centuries, until she finally achieves the maturity to overcome her own character flaws and is worthy of returning at the end of LotR. That's, you know, the main character arc for Galadriel of the Noldor. That's the WHOLE POINT of her story (and, by extension, of the story of Fëanor, who could not overcome his flaws).

And since you mentioned the books, she is the most wisest and respected of the Noldor and never had to fight anybody for being bullied and her word alone was enough to get them to act.
    That's not the Galadriel we see, because that's not the part of her life those passages talk about. They talk about early Galadriel - where she is a self-confident woman with attitude enough to metaphorically spit in the face of the greatest of her people three times; and rebel enough to defy an order by her own gods so she can sail off and wage war. And they talk about late Galadriel - where she has become a ruler and advisor in relative seclusion, and ultimately achieves enlightenment enough to return to Valinor. We see practically nothing of her from the in-between times, the height of the wars of the Noldor and Fëanor's curse. There is no book material about that Galadriel.

You're basically saying "she was X as a kid, and Y as a grandmother, SO HOW COME THE REST OF HER LIFE SHE ACTS SO DIFFERENTLY?". Yes. Why. I wonder.
    Last edited by Biomega; 2022-09-06 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Going from weirdo to psycho, huh? Yeah, that seems on brand for you.

Legolas stands on the oliphant’s neck and shoots downward towards the base of the head. There would be no way to hit the brain at that angle without needing to pierce the skull. Even the spine in that area would be protected by like 6ft worth of fat and muscle.

It was supposed to look cool, not realistic. I’m not telling you what to like or dislike. I’m telling you that trying to compare and contrast how impossible two impossible feats are is silly.

factually incorrect, as shown in this image directly behind the skull, at the base of the neck it is completely unprotected by any cranial plating, the exact same as you or me with the way our skulls are formed, again, stop trying to argue about something you have zero fucking knowledge about or understanding of because it's making you look an even bigger clown than you already are by arguing with such bad faith.

yes you are, your wording is explicitly stating to like something because it's more absurd than the alternative which should be disliked at all costs, that's EXACTLY what you said, if you don't want that inference then reword your asinine comment to not have that outcome as a possibility.
    Last edited by rogoth; 2022-09-06 at 01:36 AM.

Man, in a setting where the most powerful Elven warriors were basically superheroes throwing down with building-sized demons and winning, why is Galadriel soloing a troll this huge lore defilement all of a sudden? The choreography was pretty bad that's for sure, but I'd think it well within her power range myself.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It's not an issue of taking down a troll it's numerous other issues. Wtf are 9 elves who had trouble with a troll going to do if they find Sauron. You also have the absolute stupidity of the springboard sword. There is a difference between taking down an enemy and taking them down in that way.

Like if those elves couldn't take down a single troll with 9 of them without her going super hero mode they are just going to instant die to Sauron.
    that would imply the sword actually bent upon impact of her foot which it didn't to my eyes, the wire work was too eager.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Man, in a setting where the most powerful Elven warriors were basically superheroes throwing down with building-sized demons and winning, why is Galadriel soloing a troll this huge lore defilement all of a sudden?
    Because the character is a lady, and the internet exists. That would be my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, in a setting where the most powerful Elven warriors were basically superheroes throwing down with building-sized demons and winning, why is Galadriel soloing a troll this huge lore defilement all of a sudden? The choreography was pretty bad that's for sure, but I'd think it well within her power range myself.
    you have missed the point of the critique, it's not an issue she can singlehandedly defeat a troll, it's the fact that her entire company was getting demolished utterly, and only served to be fodder for her 'super duper awesome power sword spinner attack', why was a well drilled elven military unit (despite not being remotely a thing in the lore surrounding galadriel but i digress), not capable of taking down a single troll yet warrior goddess over here was able to manage in a single hit?, it's shambolic writing of the highest order and just shows the quality or lack thereof that this show is built upon.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you have missed the point of the critique, it's not an issue she can singlehandedly defeat a troll, it's the fact that her entire company was getting demolished utterly, and only served to be fodder for her 'super duper awesome power sword spinner attack', why was a well drilled elven military unit (despite not being remotely a thing in the lore surrounding galadriel but i digress), not capable of taking down a single troll yet warrior goddess over here was able to manage in a single hit?, it's shambolic writing of the highest order and just shows the quality or lack thereof that this show is built upon.
    As people have pointed out multiple times to you, this is a very common trope in storytelling, both literary (especially in Tolkein), and on film/in TV. And no one blinks when it's some other heroic figure - you seem to just have a problem with this version of that trope.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Man the show must be really good if even the most avid haters are actually arguing that the elephant stunt in the movies makes more sense then taking down a troll instead of on any real issues with what we have seen so far.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    People are focusing too much on the cast and ignoring how fucking bad everything else is. Well, the scenario, the troll, the cgi is gorgeous, very good, but everything else, jesus

- First, Galadriel actress is not fit for the character imo, maybe it's how they dressed her in most scenes or her bitch-ass attitude, but it completely destroys the image i had of her and not just from the movies

- The dialogue is awful, "the stone look down" my ass, they tried to make too much connection with the movie, but it's just don't have the same delivery or weight, is bland or bad. The acting too, sometimes they look like they are just reading the script.

- You start with kids bickering with Galadriel because she builds a boat??????? Ok, maybe they want to us feel empathy, cause bullying a kid, but she immediately starts beating the shit out of the other kid, she doesn't need empathy or help, she kicked his ass. Why would they bully her if they knew they would be beaten? or this is the first time it ever happened? This is a 100% useless scene.

- I'm don't know too much about stuff that far back in the mythos, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't t Morgoth and Ungoliant, that destroyed the tree and not him alone? Also, the elves only went after him when he stole the Silimarilions and killed some elf-king. Did they had to change that because they don't have the rights? the reason i can understand, but why leave the spider away, when there is one of her offspring in lord of the rings?

- It though the elves were already in middle-earth, i think even Galadriel uncle was there, but they make it look like there wasn't, or did i missed something, how she does not know about her uncle there?

- Sauron didn't kill Finrod, a weird change, that i don't care much, cause they prob wanted to make it heavier to Galadriel, but "the mark???" is bs, tis supposed to remind the eye or mordor map? cause it sure as hell don' look like mordor.

- The troll fight was pathetic, i laugh my ass off cause i dislike elves, but even i know this is sad, they got their ass kicked by a troll (who i don't know how it lived there so many years without food, i guess eating orcs leftovers, but meh), a troll my guy, the elves were supposed to be stronger at that age, but they sucked, the sword jump was even more ridiculous than the hobbit barrel walking.

- How many elves were actually in there, 7-8-9??? how you get this wrong? this is not like a cup of coffee left in the scenario and you forgot....

- Elrold, they make it like he is a nobody, why?

- Pretty sure its Gil'galad that warn the elves about Sauron but looks like everry elf is a dumb dumb to show how Galadriel is more amazing.

Im sure there is more things wrong that people with far more knowledge than me can point, but those bothered me, i didn't even got to second episode yet, but if the first episode was this mess i can't see looking any better
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-09-06 at 01:58 AM.

And that's different from the Mumakil running roughshod over the Rohorrim until a certain elven superhero oneshot it and its entire crew how, exactly? The show didn't exactly invent the existence of redshirts. Hell in the books Tolkien literally talks about how great heroes like Aragorn or Prince Imrahil were left intact by the Pellenor Fields because they were so cool and badass and had super special ancestry and shit, but the poor peasants that were mere mortals weren't so lucky and died in droves. Sucks to be them.

I will agree it's an egregious example and poorly choreographed, but the people making a mountain out of this molehill better not be fans of every action movie ever where the villains mow down everything in their passage while the hero get to roundhouses kick them in face due to the power of plot armor and we're supposed to cheer because he's so cool, yo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    As people have pointed out multiple times to you, this is a very common trope in storytelling, both literary (especially in Tolkein), and on film/in TV. And no one blinks when it's some other heroic figure - you seem to just have a problem with this version of that trope.
    yes, because it's not set up in any way, it's not hinted at or outright stated, it's just wilhelm screams aplenty followed up by an out of the blue perfectly relaxed and choreographed stunt that comes out of nowhere, in other media that sort of thing is hinted at beforehand so that when it does occur, it's expected from that character, not so here, but again i'm talking mostly to a brick wall here i feel.

where is that shown in the show so far?
    Howabout when she took down a snow-troll with little effort?

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's different from the Mumakil running roughshod over the Rohorrim until a certain elven superhero oneshot it and its entire crew how, exactly? The show didn't exactly invent the existence of redshirts. Hell in the books Tolkien literally talks about how great heroes like Aragorn or Prince Imrahil were left intact by the Pellenor Fields because they were so cool and badass and had super special ancestry and shit, but the poor peasants that were mere mortals weren't so lucky and died in droves. Sucks to be them.

I will agree it's an egregious example and poorly choreographed, but the people making a mountain out of this molehill better not be fans of every action movie ever where the villains mow down everything in their passage while the hero get to roundhouses kick them in face due to the power of plot armor and we're supposed to cheer because he's so cool, yo.
    i have already addressed this elephant in the room (ha, i made a punny), it had nothing to do with what he did, as it had been set up in the previous films that he was gonna do something special, so when Aragorn shouts his name and he begins to leap towards the legs of the animal, you knew what to expect, with this, there's no past to show her being the super power warrior goddess she is portrayed as being, there's no hint to show she might be a more powerful being than those around her, not a fucking sniff of scrap to give the audience an expectation that 'yeah that's to be expected from her', it just happens, and that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Howabout when she took down a snow-troll with little effort?
    see my comment above.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they made her split from her group, like, all alone against the troll, that would be badass and show her powers better.

But the troll beat the shit out of the elves like they were men, it shows everyone is so fucking weak, when they would not be that far behind in physical power compared to her
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-09-06 at 02:09 AM.

And you completely are missing the point. All Elves are trained in combat and athletics from a young age. Not just Galadriel. They are on a mission to search for Sauron, so they all should be the best of the best. So that trope shouldn't even apply here as there is no payoff. Meaning, all of the men in that squad turn around and abandon her. No accolades for her actions, as opposed to a complete rejection of her mission. And then when they all get back they get exiled for infinity. So all of that badassery is completely negated by the writing. The point being if she had all these skills as an Amazon or especially fierce and athletic female, then it would be admired and respected for it. But this show is and the writing are not showing them admiring or respecting her for that or for her leadership. So it is a complete contradiction of her being badass. The only trope at work here is that she is being rejected for being female and the only way for her to find her own way is to jump off that boat and swim on the ocean. They even put in that flashback of her talking to her brother after being bullied to reinforce this notion that she has always been rejected and that we the audience should see she is right and a badass but nobody else does in universe, which is what I am calling the contradiction.
    You understand that for the Elves the Undying Lands are literally heaven, right? They bask in the spiritual glow of the literal gods and know no hardship or suffering. Every Elf in Middle-earth feels a longing to go West, one that is enhanced in those who had already dwelt there. For everyone on that boat this "exile" is their deepest desire. In the canon Galadriel was offered pardon by the Valar and refused it as she felt there was still a dark stain left in the wake of Morgoth and it was her duty to contest it (with a hint of her still wishing to dominate lands of her own.) The boat ride allows the showrunners to portray the same decision being made without falling foul of the licensing agreement.

The scene with her brother was mostly an Easter egg with the (presumed) sons of Fëanor sinking her boat as an allusion to the First Kinslaying.

And she isn't being rejected for being female, she's being rejected for being a voice of war when everyone else wants peace. Canonically Galadriel knew there was a dark threat looming but for everyone else she seems driven by the loss of her brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    - First, Galadriel actress is not fit for the character imo, maybe it's how they dressed her in most scenes or her bitch-ass attitude, but it completely destroys the image i had of her and not just from the movies
    I agree. Unless that actress somehow miraculously transforms into something else entirely, it'll be one of the if not the biggest problems of the show.

- I'm don't know too much about stuff that far back in the mythos, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't t Morgoth and Ungoliant, that destroyed the tree and not him alone? Also, the elves only went after him when he stole the Silimarilions and killed some elf-king. Did they had to change that because they don't have the rights? the reason i can understand, but why leave the spider away, when there is one of her offspring in lord of the rings?
    My guess is there's some rights shenanigans going on there. But then they mentioned Silmaril etc. in Ep2 so I have no idea. It feels very weird not even to hint at Ungolianth, you don't need to like explain all the details but showing some spider legs or whatever would that really have been too much. Who knows. These legal waters be murky.

- It though the elves were already in middle-earth, i think even Galadriel uncle was there, but they make it look like there wasn't, or did i missed something, how she does not know about her uncle there?
    It's complicated. The elves awoke in Middle Earth originally, but were called by the Valar to migrate to Valinor. Some refused (Avari), some stopped halfway through the journey (Nandor), some got lost (Teleri, later Falathrim and Sindar) while the rest settled in Valinor (Vanyar and Noldor). Galadriel is of the Noldor, and was herself born in Valinor. After the theft of the Silmaril, many of the Noldor rebelled against the Valar and decided to move back to Middle Earth to reclaim what was stolen; Galadriel was among them. This resulted in effective exile from Valinor, and they were for the longest time not allowed to return.

- The troll fight was pathetic, i laugh my ass off cause i dislike elves, but even i know this is sad, they got their ass kicked by a troll (who i don't know how it lived there so many years without food, i guess eating orcs leftovers, but meh), a troll my guy, the elves were supposed to be stronger at that age, but they sucked, the sword jump was even more ridiculous than the hobbit barrel walking.
    Keep in mind they were ambushed, and they were severely exhausted from a grueling march across a frozen wastes for who knows how long. Yes launching off a sword is ridiculous, but most of the rest isn't that bad. Galadriel knows how to kill things. She's had CENTURIES of practice, on top of being ridiculously talented to begin with given she's one of the greatest elves in all of history. Her keeping her fighting shape while everyone else is half collapsed is just showing her determination - with all the positives AND negatives attached to that kind of single-mindedness.

- Elrold, they make it like he is a nobody, why?
    He wasn't exactly a major player at the time. He only really rose to prominence after Gil-galad's death. And there's a reason he's a bit of an outsider: his cognomen is Elrond Halfelven - his grandfather on his father's side was Beren, a human; the first human in fact who had ever married an elf (Lúthien). His mixed ancestry means that everyone in his line gets to choose whether they want to be immortal like an elf, or eventually die like a human. Elrond's brother Elros chose to be mortal, while Elrond chose immortality. His daughter Arwen later also chose to die. It's that half-elven heritage that makes Elrond a bit obscure in the eyes of the other elf lords.

- Pretty sure its Gil'galad that warn the elves about Sauron but looks like everry elf is a dumb dumb to show how Galadriel is more amazing.
    Galadriel is an obsessed zealot. She's not thinking straight. Gil-galad is doing what he thinks is best for his people, and acts based on actual evidence. It's not like he's looking Sauron in the eye going THERE IS NO WAR IN BA SING LINDON. He acts when circumstances change; he in fact personally defeats Sauron later.

Does the show properly show all that? Maybe they're not doing a good enough job. But it's only two episodes in. We'll have to see how things develop, and how characters act going forward.

yes, because it's not set up in any way, it's not hinted at or outright stated
    That's because... this IS the hint and statement and setup? That scene's entire purpose is to show "this character don't give a shit if it's cold and she's hungry, she is a badass with a single-minded purpose to FUCK YOU UP if you cross her".

You're looking at something 3 minutes into the show and complaining there's no buildup. That's... weird.

i have already addressed this elephant in the room (ha, i made a punny), it had nothing to do with what he did, as it had been set up in the previous films that he was gonna do something special, so when Aragorn shouts his name and he begins to leap towards the legs of the animal, you knew what to expect, with this, there's no past to show her being the super power warrior goddess she is portrayed as being, there's no hint to show she might be a more powerful being than those around her, not a fucking sniff of scrap to give the audience an expectation that 'yeah that's to be expected from her', it just happens, and that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

see my comment above.
    Or maybe the point of the scene is to show she's a superhuman warrior in the first place, rather than having someone tell us "well good golly gosh, this Galadriel woman sure is handy in a tussle!" without showing it. Much like, say, the movies established the threat of Sauron by having him stride menacingly and literally send people flying with his mace. Did you complain that there was no build-up to that either?

In the face of what the show does get wrong (which is a lot of things), those complaints sound completely hollow and petty to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    My guess is there's some rights shenanigans going on there. But then they mentioned Silmaril etc. in Ep2 so I have no idea. It feels very weird not even to hint at Ungolianth, you don't need to like explain all the details but showing some spider legs or whatever would that really have been too much. Who knows. These legal waters be murky.
    If they actually mention it later, then its prob just they messing up stuff like they did so far, a lot of lore was changed for no apparent reason

It's complicated. The elves awoke in Middle Earth originally, but were called by the Valar to migrate to Valinor. Some refused (Avari), some stopped halfway through the journey (Nandor), some got lost (Teleri, later Falathrim and Sindar) while the rest settled in Valinor (Vanyar and Noldor). Galadriel is of the Noldor, and was herself born in Valinor. After the theft of the Silmaril, many of the Noldor rebelled against the Valar and decided to move back to Middle Earth to reclaim what was stolen; Galadriel was among them. This resulted in effective exile from Valinor, and they were for the longest time not allowed to return.
    So, there was elves in middle earth, but they make it look like there wasn't, and i can't think of a reason why, since they would know about then, hell, Galadriel was a scholar, she would know about her uncle being king there.

And the Noldor didn't like, slaughtered the Telari to take their ships??? this seems like a BIG thing to left away from the plot

Keep in mind they were ambushed, and they were severely exhausted from a grueling march across a frozen wastes for who knows how long. Yes launching off a sword is ridiculous, but most of the rest isn't that bad. Galadriel knows how to kill things. She's had CENTURIES of practice, on top of being ridiculously talented to begin with given she's one of the greatest elves in all of history. Her keeping her fighting shape while everyone else is half collapsed is just showing her determination - with all the positives AND negatives attached to that kind of single-mindedness.
    If they were exhausted Galadriel should not have some exhaustion herself? Did they not went through the same journey? come on now.

Of course, she would be able to slay a single troll, just like any other elf in that age, but they did not show that, they showed how they sucked ass

Those scenes just show she was a bitch, and we do know she wasn't, like when leaving the elf to die and push forward, would she do that?

He wasn't exactly a major player at the time. He only really rose to prominence after Gil-galad's death. And there's a reason he's a bit of an outsider: his cognomen is Elrond Halfelven - his grandfather on his father's side was Beren, a human; the first human in fact who had ever married an elf (Lúthien). His mixed ancestry means that everyone in his line gets to choose whether they want to be immortal like an elf, or eventually die like a human. Elrond's brother Elros chose to be mortal, while Elrond chose immortality. His daughter Arwen later also chose to die. It's that half-elven heritage that makes Elrond a bit obscure in the eyes of the other elf lords.
    He was as much major as Galadriel, in fact, it does seems like they reversed their roles.

Galadriel is an obsessed zealot. She's not thinking straight. Gil-galad is doing what he thinks is best for his people, and acts based on actual evidence. It's not like he's looking Sauron in the eye going THERE IS NO WAR IN BA SING LINDON. He acts when circumstances change; he in fact personally defeats Sauron later.
    Right, but Galadriel is a zealot like that in the books? to be that much obsessed in vengeance alone? Plus, even so, it was him that warn the elves, not her.

Does the show properly show all that? Maybe they're not doing a good enough job. But it's only two episodes in. We'll have to see how things develop, and how characters act going forward.
    We have two episodes in, and the writing is this awful, the changes nonsensical, and the passing is not good, we have what, 6 more, i can't see how this can get any better, usually you grab people by the first two episodes, like Sandman did

also, i HAVE to make a comment about when she jumps from the boat, how many miles did she swim, in the sea, with no food or water, with just the vague idea where the land is? how and why did she think it was good idea man? those things could just not be in the show and would make much more enjoyable...
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-09-06 at 02:52 AM.