My main issue is the same one I had with Mandalorian. The dialogue feels like if you took a reasonable script and ran it through some ai that summarized each page into a single 6 word sentence calculated to be understood by the average 3rd grader. There's no subtly or depth. It's the definition of basic.
    And while the cgi is "good" the show feels like people in costumes on some set. It's baffling how much money was spent for everything to look so fake.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    To be honest, her company was full of 'unreliable narrators'. Their theories aren't supposed to be trusted considering the same guy said no other Elf commander has ever found the fortress and was outright doubting its existence, right when we literally see it in front of us in the next scene. His entire modus operandi was going home, so he was of course going to pull any excuse out of the book to dismiss any evidence and convince Galadriel to drop the whole thing. I don't think the show expects the audience to take his words as gospel. Even the talks of the threat of evil is gone ended up being revealed as a red herring/misdirect.
    Well ya the audience isn't gonna take unamed elf's word for it but from the look of it all the elf's in setting did given that not one at all supports Glad.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    My main issue is the same one I had with Mandalorian. The dialogue feels like if you took a reasonable script and ran it through some ai that summarized each page into a single 6 word sentence calculated to be understood by the average 3rd grader.
    I mean... that's the target audience? In effect if not in fact.

You'll be hard-pressed to find complex dialogue in a mainstream AAA show. Anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Well ya the audience isn't gonna take unamed elf's word for it but from the look of it all the elf's in setting did given that not one at all supports Glad.
    ... But she ends up being the right one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    ... But she ends up being the right one.
    Um ya we know that from our meta view but the people in the setting dont.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just remember that one scene in episode 2 where she is dragged to the bottom of the ocean by a piece of wood, like it was an iron anchor, when wood is supposed to float.

Even if she did go down, it was in an absurd speed, it was that when i stop the second one.

Pretty sure the orcs complain about not taking day shift so it's likely they are working the slaves around the clock or in shifts.
    Whcih would still be dumb, as everyone else would see it, since elves can see far away

oh wait, they don't, all those elves captured because didn't saw it, like come on, everything work so aligned so the things happens in the way they are supposed to, its railroad as it finest.
    They shown black and Asian southlanders in the trailer about them, so unless there is another one I missed so it's only the orcs.
    Too bad no one in the village the girl who have the hots for the elf is black, at least i didn't find then
    There are no thousands of years with the mark or exploring every corner of the world we see Her find the mark at the start of the show and then get told it's nothing leading to her being put on the boat.
    And she is supposed to be searching for hundreds of years the meaning of this mark, and they say in the show they went to every corner of the world, and even then, she had hundreds of years to the see mark sideways to find its meaning, and she didn't, this is awful writing.

Like, why in the fucking ass would sauron mark an enemy with something that would lead to him

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is this like a friend's home bar, or an actual drinking establishment? If the latter, I need to find one of those where I can go and watch/discuss stuff like this lol
    It is a drinking establishment, we go there to play dnd, watch stuff or work, pretty chill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I just remember that one scene in episode 2 where she is dragged to the bottom of the ocean by a piece of wood, like it was an iron anchor, when wood is supposed to float.

Even if she did go down, it was in an absurd speed, it was that when i stop the second one.
    Well technically not all wood floats but if you build a boat, its kinda useful to use the floating kind. I agree that was a really awkward scene.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Well technically not all wood floats but if you make a boat, its kinda useful to use the floating kind. I agree that was a really awkward scene.
    My problem was not even that "all wood is supposed to float" i know some don't, but mostly, its does, my problem is how you get a big piece of timber, and she is dragged like it was a whole anchor.

See, its those little bits that you can ignore, you know its supposed o create an scene of conflict with not-sauron and her, but it does feel bad

My problem was not even that "all wood is supposed to float" i know some don't, but mostly, its does, my problem is how you get a big piece of timber, and she is dragged like it was a whole anchor.
    Presumably because you're talking out of your ass:

It's not just a big piece of timber. It was presumably a coil of that thick rope she was trying to use to secure herself to the raft earlier... Hence why she was tied to it when the whole thing was thrown into the water.

But I agree. It probably does feel bad to be actively looking for every little thing to nitpick over. To the point where you're just making shit up when you can't think of anything else.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2022-09-14 at 08:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Presumably because you're talking out of your ass:

It's not just a big piece of timber. It was presumably a coil of that thick rope she was trying to use to secure herself to the raft earlier... Hence why she was tied to it when the whole thing was thrown into the water.

But I agree. It probably does feel bad to be actively looking for every little thing to nitpick over. To the point where you're just making shit up when you can't think of anything else.
    If you think that is enough to pull her, the one who is so much strong(already proved by the show), that hard and that fast you are delusional like the people who are praising it

15+ Year Old Account
    If you think that is enough to pull her, the one who is so much strong(already proved by the show), that hard and that fast you are delusional like the people who are praising it
    https://www.piecesofship.com/pageShi...ckPulleys.html

The weight of block pulley can vary. One on the page I linked to is 74 lbs. It is possible they could way more. Without doing a myth busters level of scientific inquiry into buoyancy and stuff it seems plausible.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

...lol

Even if she was strong enough to swim against being pulled down by a big chunk of wood/metal/rope, it wouldn't much matter if she was fucking unconscious. Which...you know:

7+ Year Old Account
    Whcih would still be dumb, as everyone else would see it, since elves can see far away

oh wait, they don't, all those elves captured because didn't saw it, like come on, everything work so aligned so the things happens in the way they are supposed to, its railroad as it finest.
    or you know they captured the watch post before there trench thing was moved with in its view. It’s even likely they took the post when black elf went to check on his girl friend which is why the other elfs were already there before he was captured exploring a tunnel in a distant town.

Too bad no one in the village the girl who have the hots for the elf is black, at least i didn't find then
    no but the human girl friends son is notably Asian and given that they are leaving for some where else in the south lands it’s fairly certain that we’ll see the black villagers when ever we see where they went.

I'm not watching it, but my brother is. He's comparing it to the WoT series that they did and how they're fucking things up just as much. Much like the WoT series, he's slowly dying inside from how much they're killing literature.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    ...lol

Even if she was strong enough to swim against being pulled down by a big chunk of wood/metal/rope, it wouldn't much matter if she was fucking unconscious. Which...you know:

I feel like a mic drop picture needs to be inserted…

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I'm not watching it, but my brother is. He's comparing it to the WoT series that they did and how they're fucking things up just as much. Much like the WoT series, he's slowly dying inside from how much they're killing literature.
    Killing literature? Are they burning any copy’s of the books they can find and shooting modern day authors or something?

Killing literature? Are they burning any copy’s of the books they can find and shooting modern day authors or something?
    Can't argue it, better go for Nazi like burning books examples instead!
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "This is not the Lord of the Rings show you are looking for. You can go about your business."
    If we ignore enough of this tripe it may just go away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tolkien's work remains the same regardless of what the show does. It isn't like film butchering book adaptations is anything new so literature would have been six feet under for a long time prior to Rings of Power. This is no different then the Marvel movies being part of their own "universe" that is distinct from the source medium (comics). The comics are not destroyed or invalidated because it isn't a 1:1 copy.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-09-14 at 02:51 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    What is there to even argue? A show isn’t even literature and no one is stopping people from reading there old books Or new authors from making new books.