The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Kratos mindset is that nobody matters at least until the most recent one. He is purely driven by vengeance towards the gods and what they made him do you however had to single a group out rather than realizing the dude is just a straight up misanthrope who sees everyone as disposable until the most recent 2.
    Again you can miss me, I didn't single out any group in my post I explicitly went over how he interacts with people through violence which applies not exclusively but mostly to men.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://deadline.com/2022/12/lotr-th...al-1235201384/

Vernon Sanders, the head of global TV for Amazon Studios, recently did an interview. It confirms, again, that the show was a success for Amazon. Some talk of Season 2, Season 3, and recasting.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

Vernon Sanders, the head of global TV for Amazon Studios, recently did an interview. It confirms, again, that the show was a success for Amazon. Some talk of Season 2, Season 3, and recasting.
    I know when I think of successful seasons they are usually followed immediately by recasting and basically changing all the directors :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I know when I think of successful seasons they are usually followed immediately by recasting and basically changing all the directors :P
    Did you read the interview? Or did you just hate for the sake of it yet again? He explains that sometimes things don't work out with actors and it is a potential downside of having a lot of important roles. It broke several records for the prime platform, drove sign up in high-income households and the young demographic. It also drove high number of sales of the books on Amazon.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account

ah yes, the dude of amazon said his shit smelled good.

That sure is a confirmation, totally not damage control and pretending. He sure is truthful, no biases here.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

That sure is a confirmation, totally not damage control and pretending. He sure is truthful, no biases here.
    Yup, executives at publicly traded companies are renowned for lying about the financial successes of their projects, they definitely don't err on the side of truth due to the legal ramifications of lying to investors.

15+ Year Old Account
    So if it is something good about the show it is automatically a lie? It is so strange how crazy some of you act in regards to "good" news about the show. If it is bad news you'd eat it up with out question.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Yup, executives at publicly traded companies are renowned for lying about the financial successes of their projects, they definitely don't err on the side of truth due to the legal ramifications of lying to investors.
    they are not lying to investors, they are lying to the public, is damage control, he says the same shit other people did before him, viewes of first episode, minutes watched, is a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

So if it is something good about the show it is automatically a lie? It is so strange how crazy some of you act in regards to "good" news about the show. If it is bad news you'd eat it up with out question.
    again, same thing, nothing here is new. its saying the same thing again.

The only thing you could say is new is the show being so awful it made people buy the book more lmao, but we already knew that too.

15+ Year Old Account
    again, same thing, nothing here is new. its saying the same thing again.
    There was new information in the interview as it talks a little about demographic and income levels of viewers and season 2.

they are not lying to investors, they are lying to the public, is damage control, he says the same shit other people did before him, viewes of first episode, minutes watched, is a joke.
    Your forgetting the important metric - people who signed up to Amazon Prime and then watched the series. Remember Amazon isn't really a streaming service. It's an online shop and Amazon Prime is really its delivery subscription service. If they can show correlation between a series releasing, people subscribing and watching the series and those people then going on to spend money in the shop then the show is a success.

Also lying to the public is lying to investors with a publicly traded company. Existing investors and analysts will decide on the value of Amazon based on the things that are said to the public. Members of the public may choose to invest in Amazon based on the things that are said to the public. Executives can't come out and outright lie about those details.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your forgetting the important metric - people who signed up to Amazon Prime and then watched the series. Remember Amazon isn't really a streaming service. It's an online shop and Amazon Prime is really its delivery subscription service. If they can show correlation between a series releasing, people subscribing and watching the series and those people then going on to spend money in the shop then the show is a success.
    They think, they are doing a correlation here, pretending the "number increase" because of the show

They don't prove that

- - - Updated - - -

They think, they are doing a correlation here, pretending the "number increase" because of the show

They don't prove that

15+ Year Old Account
    What proof would you accept though? What do you think actually drove the increased sales of Lord of the Rings during the same period the show came out? What do you think drove sign ups and views of rings of power if it wasn't actually the show?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's genuinely cute and funny you think that this has any bearing on a company the size and scope of Amazon, because of the borderline slavery they get away with daily and have done now for many years they now have more money than some of the top 10 GDP countries in the world, breaking the law is just a cost of business, one that is weighed up during risk assessment, if it's financially and reputationally acceptable to break the law, they will do so without batting an eye, if it costs more financially or reputationally to break the law than the outright cost of fines etc, then they won't it's as binary as that, but you keep telling yourself that the rule of law dissuades these cunts from acting anything other than virtuously, if that's what helps you sleep at night.

every single publicly trade company has and always will tout the laws of the land they operate in for more financial and power gain, don't kid yourself into thinking that the law has any meaningful power to challenge these companies in the current day, furthermore, the way the corrupt and broken US of A is set up, no politician, no judge/prosecutor will ever get a day in court with any meaningful charge because of the sheer amount of rubble that will bury any such case, because let me repeat in case it wasn't clear to you, Amazon has more money than every single nation on earth outside of the G7, that means there's only 7 nations on this planet with a higher total capital value than Amazon, if that's not fucking broken then i don't know what is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love that a show some people don't like not failing as hard as they want it to apparently means we live in deus ex or cyberpunk where companies can do what ever they like and are untouchable by governments.

lol.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the people in copium, with the massive failure of a billion dollar show, its not even because you liked, but because other people disliked.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-12-20 at 04:27 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the people in copium, with the massive failure of a billion dollar show, its not even because you liked, but because other people disliked.
    The lack of self awareness, lol.

Your the one coping because of dislike saying any and all info they put out must be lies because it doesn't agree with you.

What proof would you accept though? What do you think actually drove the increased sales of Lord of the Rings during the same period the show came out? What do you think drove sign ups and views of rings of power if it wasn't actually the show?
    Hard numbers, for example. Literally, nothing he says in the interview gives you any idea of how well the show did. Go through the answers step by step and you'll see that he avoids giving definitive answers. Which is normal for a corporate guy, of course.

Lets be honest, the show was shite. It was carried by hardcore fans(like me) and a lot of copium. And, lets not forget, a chance to fill the hole GoT left behind.

There was always a thought "this will get better" throughout the show. By the final episode, I was so dissapointed.

A grand chance thrown away.

The only good thing about it was the visuals. Beyond that, pure horrorshow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Lets be honest, the show was shite. It was carried by hardcore fans(like me) and a lot of copium. .
    I rly doubt any fan liked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Gotta love that a show some people don't like not failing as hard as they want it to apparently means we live in deus ex or cyberpunk where companies can do what ever they like and are untouchable by governments.

lol.
    People really wanted the show to be a lot worse than it is and to absolutely tank, they're reaching QAnon levels of reality denying now that it's turned out to be half-decent and really successful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Hard numbers, for example. Literally, nothing he says in the interview gives you any idea of how well the show did. Go through the answers step by step and you'll see that he avoids giving definitive answers. Which is normal for a corporate guy, of course.
    One of the first paragraphs is literally a summary of the hard figures the assessment is based on

- - - Updated - - -

I rly doubt any fan liked this.
    And you're wrong.