Thread: Diablo 4 at E3?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The complete picture had two leaks on it that were false, it's very likely that everything on it is false.

I don't see blizzard launching D4 anywhere other than Gamescon or Blizzcon, which are far better for their target audience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    With the introduction of heavy amounts of voice chat in WoW, I'd say it is very very possible we'll get a WoW on consoles, combined with the GCD changes, and action cam being introduced, but only accessible through a console command.

Talon's Fury sounds very fake, though.
    I don't see WoW hitting consoles ever, console cpu's are not strong enough to handle 20/30 man at 4K resolution.

Gotta remember the biggest bottleneck in wow is the CPU, and in consoles the raw CPU power is compromised for more GPU power.

I mean even the XBOX one X and PS4 Pro are barely on par with outdated intel quad core CPU's (as in 8-10 year old models).
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-05-18 at 11:20 PM.

For all the people crying in disbelief saying it's not possible WoW could be on console.

Back in 2004 there was this MMO called FFXI that was put on PS2 and had no issues, infact it's still on consoles to this day. So i'm sure if a company 14 years ago could do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    For all the people crying in disbelief saying it's not possible WoW could be on console.

Back in 2004 there was this MMO called FFXI that was put on PS2 and had no issues, infact it's still on consoles to this day. So i'm sure if a company 14 years ago could do it.
    FFXI does not even remotely come close to wow in terms of cpu power required, it's literally a 3rd of wow.

Go check benchmarks, they're there for a reason.

-

I mean a WoW 20 man raid can cap out a single 5ghz core of an i7 on the highest quality (above 1080p).

A 5ghz i7 core on itself is almost 25% more powerful than either xbox one x or ps4 pro when alll their cores are at 100%.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-05-18 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    FFXI does not even remotely come close to wow in terms of cpu power required, it's literally a 3rd of wow.

Go check benchmarks, they're there for a reason.

-

I mean a WoW 20 man raid can cap out a single 5ghz core of an i7 on the highest quality (above 1080p).

A 5ghz i7 core on itself is almost 25% more powerful than either xbox one x or ps4 pro when alll their cores are at 100%.

You are doubting the desperation at how low WoW subs have been. I still play WoW but the writing is on the wall for a console version. The macro nerfs with the GCD debacle, The slow stripping of in game options. Its coming and its gonna be bad. They will just have it look like ass on all low settings.

Blizzard doesn't go to e3

That paper is fake for more than one reason

End of story.

There is deffo a new diablo coming soon. All the people they have hired for it proves that. wow consolen not gonna happen. D4 on the other hand, plausible, but doubt its gonna be on E3
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2018-05-18 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    You are doubting the desperation at how low WoW subs have been. I still play WoW but the writing is on the wall for a console version. The macro nerfs with the GCD debacle, The slow stripping of in game options. Its coming and its gonna be bad. They will just have it look like ass on all low settings.
    The writing isn't really on the wall, you are just assuming.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Seems too early for an announcement.

I think they are working on a new diablo project from when they put up job listings last year.

So even if they do announce it, the game is a long ways off from being playable.

And why would they not save it for blizzcon, makes no sense to announce it early at E3

Can we all agree that d4 would be very nice?

It's saturday guys come on. happy times

Quote Originally Posted by Goonette View Post
    Should be pretty easy for them to code; with the drop in complexity between 2 and 3, 4 is probably an idle clicker or CCG.
    TIL that 5 Active skills and 4 passives are a drop in complexity from 1 spam button in D2

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    TIL that 5 Active skills and 4 passives are a drop in complexity from 1 spam button in D2
    Did you not hotkey other spells?

A D4 would be cool but only if it try to change the concept of D3 and be more like POE.... but in the end i would rather see a WarCraft 4

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Did you not hotkey other spells?
    Not allways about the number of button in complexity and how hard it is, just look at poe again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    A D4 would be cool but only if it try to change the concept of D3 and be more like POE.... but in the end i would rather see a WarCraft 4

- - - Updated - - -

Not allways about the number of button in complexity and how hard it is, just look at poe again.
    I disagree. Pretty hard to make a one button game complex without absolute bullshit gameplay like getting one shot for one missclick. Which wouldnt interest me in the slightest.

I disagree. Pretty hard to make a one button game complex without absolute bullshit gameplay like getting one shot for one missclick. Which wouldnt interest me in the slightest.
    Which doesn't actually happen, unitl you build wrong. Only real issue was the reflect mechaninc which also D3 had (player damage scales way faster than player health) and they have solved it with damage thresholds. Less forgiving? Sure, and i get why people may not like it. But the gameplay mechanics are all way superior, excluding combat flow (which D3 pretty much nailed perfectly).

Literally any character can be viable; use an HP build, get life leech and warlord's mark, don't stand in the fire - you get a noob safe setup. Facteanking was possible with old Energy Shield builds but fortunately they fixed it.

Anyway both D3 and PoE (and most APRGs) have the same issue: builds focused on a single skill with supports are just way more effective than anything else that spreads damage over multiple ones. At least i PoE i can choose what to use and how to setup the playstyle instead of being pidgeonholed into a set.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Which doesn't actually happen, unitl you build wrong. Only real issue was the reflect mechaninc which also D3 had (player damage scales way faster than player health) and they have solved it with damage thresholds. Less forgiving? Sure, and i get why people may not like it. But the gameplay mechanics are all way superior, excluding combat flow (which D3 pretty much nailed perfectly).

Literally any character can be viable; use an HP build, get life leech and warlord's mark, don't stand in the fire - you get a noob safe setup. Facteanking was possible with old Energy Shield builds but fortunately they fixed it.

Anyway both D3 and PoE (and most APRGs) have the same issue: builds focused on a single skill with supports are just way more effective than anything else that spreads damage over multiple ones. At least i PoE i can choose what to use and how to setup the playstyle instead of being pidgeonholed into a set.
    Im not ragging on PoE its a successful game.

I just disagree with the notion one button gameplay is interesting. What I always enjoyed about the diablo series and mainly diablo 2 was the idea of synergy. Skills working together to make them stronger and ideally beat tougher enemies

I like build variety and coming up with your own answers for problems but also having an end goal to work towards where you get to the real power stages.

Im not saying poe doesnt do that or anything. Im just speaking generally about my hopes for future diablo games.

I agree focusing on sets to make only a few skills optimal is a terrible design flaw with d3

Im not ragging on PoE its a successful game.

I just disagree with the notion one button gameplay is interesting. What I always enjoyed about the diablo series and mainly diablo 2 was the idea of synergy. Skills working together to make them stronger and ideally beat tougher enemies

I like build variety and coming up with your own answers for problems but also having an end goal to work towards where you get to the real power stages.

Im not saying poe doesnt do that or anything. Im just speaking generally about my hopes for future diablo games.

I agree focusing on sets to make only a few skills optimal is a terrible design flaw with d3
    Agree completely. I'd like to see ARPGs that have slight more skill usage - not in a MMO-like rotation setup or similar, but stuff like small cooldowns (like 6 seconds max) and procs that make the playstyle more interesting.

it's a long shot, but Wildstar skills/combat flow wasn't near as bad. I appreciated the fact you had the same freedom in skill choice like it's in D3, but builds were determined on a sort of passive nodes tree (like PoE) and the skills you had were all used since you couldn't just spam the same button all the time given the resource generation.

When your goal is to make resource a non-issue you WILL end with single skill spam setups. It's only a matter of choosing the one that deals more damage.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    Maybe for whatever class you played. Multiple aura flashing, sacred shield, fist of the heavens, holy bolt offensively and defensively...Always doing more with the Paladin in D2 than I ever did with the Crusader or Monk in D3.

I think it is more likely they will remaster D2 and milk it like they did with SC and now WoW.

Deleted
    There will be big presentation of D4 on Blizzcon 2018 - you can believe me or not. People who remember me from Legion stuff for a long time before blizzcon when it was presented - will believe
    Also, dont believe it will be some other kind of game like 1-2-3 was.

Quote Originally Posted by wxd View Post
    There will be big presentation of D4 on Blizzcon 2018 - you can believe me or not. People who remember me from Legion stuff for a long time before blizzcon when it was presented - will believe
    Also, dont believe it will be some other kind of game like 1-2-3 was.
    The last time people hoped for something Diablo-related, that could revive the hype in the franchise, instead we got 2 panels about drawing characters. Let's hope you're right.